Art Morte
The Demon of Carthage
LeVersacci
Valkyrja
Mr Nick09
39 posters

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Should we sell Benzema? - Page 11 Empty Re: Should we sell Benzema?

Post by Turok_TTZ Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:07 pm

sportsczy wrote:I find it completely incomprehensible that people ask for us to just pack in La Liga when we're 1 freakin point behind.  Has anyone here ever played competitive sports ffs.

If we didnt have CR7 and Benz out injured or playing through injury, my tone would be very different. For a guy who says its good to be cautious, you sure are saying the opposite right now sports. Will you finally admit Zidane screwed up the first leg then? Because what you say that is inconprehensible is basically what Zidane tried to pull in the first leg against mancity.

We can actually still achieve success this season. But we can't always get what we want. Something has to give as there are variables that are out of our control. Variables called Barcelona and atletico whom all they have to do is win the rest of their games to end all doubt in la liga. The CL is the most realistic chance of silverware and one we can control in our hands.

I don't think we can sustain a challenge on either title if we are gunning for both. It can only be one. And CL is our best bet. I would rather not compromise our chances in CL in favour of another title which is already very close to being out of reach.

If barca and atletico choke this weekend however, my tune will shift an octave for certain.

Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:13 pm

Do you realize there are only 4 games left to play (3 if we don't win on Wed). It sure looks like you have never played competitive Sports! At this point, you don't try to hold anything back, you go with what you have and unlike your favourite Carlo you use all that you have.

And you still suggesting Majoral, :coffee: . Be careful, you are being exposed!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:15 pm

Football is by no means an exact science.  Crazy results happen all the time.  You play every game 100% and let the chips fall where they may.  You can't....  CANNOT....  half ass anything especially this late in the season.

Zidane is making sure everyone is sharp and ready. His basic concept is very good: Don't concede a goal and you will always have a chance to win even if the attack isn't clicking. With all our injuries on the attack, that's the adjustment you make... it's tactical.

Last edited by sportsczy on Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:16 pm

futbol_bill wrote:Do you realize there are only 4 games left to play (3 if we don't win on Wed). It sure looks like you have never played competitive Sports! At this point, you don't try to hold anything back, you go with what you have and unlike your favourite Carlo you use all that you have.

And you still suggesting Majoral, :coffee: . Be careful, you are being exposed!

Was this for me???
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:27 pm

sportsczy wrote:Football is by no means an exact science.  Crazy results happen all the time.  You play every game 100% and let the chips fall where they may.  You can't....  CANNOT....  half ass anything especially this late in the season.

Zidane is making sure everyone is sharp and ready. His basic concept is very good: Don't concede a goal and you will always have a chance to win even if the attack isn't clicking. With all our injuries on the attack, that's the adjustment you make... it's tactical.

Is that your excuse for Zidane not attacking ManCity? Whom is weaker than Sociedad? Sociedad give us much better challenge than the mess that is pellegrini's team. Even though city supposedly has better players.

If by some chance we get knocked by City of all teams, you will know who is solely to blame. Mourinho is the best example of what happens when you're too cautious. Zidane is playing a very dangerous game. If we go all out but still lose, i wont fault him for trying. At least he gave it his best. But that first leg was anything but trying. There can be no excuses for that.

Be cautious in CL yet bold in the league, rather contrasting don't you think, sports?
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:30 pm

@turok, that kind of mentality is dangerous. it makes the assumption that if we give up on the league then we'll win ucl, and that by no means is the case. yes we're in a bit of a dilemma- fighting for a title that isn't in our hands, and also for the biggest cup in club football, the ucl. however, its high time the squad learns to compete on all fronts. if we compete and lose both, it is what it is. but at 1 point behind, to throw that away and focus on a ucl we still may or may not win, sounds bonkers to me

you can give up on one, if the possibilities of a comeback are totally futile or if you have the personnel you have absolute faith in to handle knock out ties. imo we don't have that, we've strung up a couple of great wins, but i can't head into any ucl tie with absolute confidence that we'll be dominant enough to win. i said it before the city first leg, its jekyll and hyde with us, and zidane knows this, which i think is why he sets up cautiously

chances are barcelona and atleti will win all their games, but the gap is tight between three of us, let's at least make them work for it in this last lap. the ucl will require concentration and a bit of luck as well....its cos of that luck we can't just say "forget the league" and focus on ucl....cos the wrong bounce, wrong call, a defensive lapse, could see us knocked out, even if we're managing to dominate the game
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:33 pm

We should all relax about that away game. Even against Atleti away we did the same. Go for a 0-0 away and finish them off at home. We lost to Juve because we underestimated them. Had we gone for a 0-0 like we did against Atleti would have been more comfortable at home than that excuse of a performance that we had to witness. This is CL not the league you have to be cautious

Also most top teams Bayern, Barca and us have shite away records. So i am not too worried
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:34 pm

as for city, joe hart made two excellent saves (especially pepe's), if those two or even one had gone in, (all things being equal) i would have applauded that as a magnificent tactical display from zidane. i don't like that we didn't get a goal, cos now we have to play with more risk at home....but i don't trust our team when we are ball dominant, not just offensively but even on the defensive end, you see the back 4 all leaving their positions and we get caught out easily. so being cautious away from home was the wise thing to do, the last thing you want is for guys like aguero and silva to get any space to operate
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:43 pm

titosantill wrote:@turok, that kind of mentality is dangerous. it makes the assumption that if we give up on the league then we'll win ucl, and that by no means is the case. yes we're in a bit of a dilemma- fighting for a title that isn't in our hands, and also for the biggest cup in club football, the ucl. however, its high time the squad learns to compete on all fronts. if we compete and lose both, it is what it is. but at 1 point behind, to throw that away and focus on a ucl we still may or may not win, sounds bonkers to me

you can give up on one, if the possibilities of a comeback are totally futile or if you have the personnel you have absolute faith in to handle knock out ties. imo we don't have that, we've strung up a couple of great wins, but i can't head into any ucl tie with absolute confidence that we'll be dominant enough to win. i said it before the city first leg, its jekyll and hyde with us, and zidane knows this, which i think is why he sets up cautiously

chances are barcelona and atleti will win all their games, but the gap is tight between three of us, let's at least make them work for it in this last lap. the ucl will require concentration and a bit of luck as well....its cos of that luck we can't just say "forget the league" and focus on ucl....cos the wrong bounce, wrong call, a defensive lapse, could see us knocked out, even if we're managing to dominate the game

I'm all for being bold on all fronts but right now my confidence in the medical staff is as usual an all time low.

I am very worried at the thought of another madrid player getting injured this late into the season. And with the 3rd rate med team that we have. Can you blame me for being concerned?
Benzema is no longer sturdy, CR7 no longer an ironman. Even Ramos getting hurt earlier in season. That idiot never gets hurt. We cannot afford any more setbacks.

Like I said, if it werent for CR7 and Benz being hurt in critical time, I would doing my usual: gun for everything within reach and hope for the best. Zidane doing a mourinho in the first leg did not help at all. Giving up an away goal advantage is tactical suicide. We only make it harder for ourselves in a time where we cant afford more problems.

Yes we need to make those other two teams work for their league title but not at the cost of our player's fitness.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:44 pm

Our lack of scoring has more to do with bad efficiency than lack of chances lately. We're playing sensibly where we're not getting 10 clearcut chances but 5-6 while being more solid defensively... need to concentrate more.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Mon May 02, 2016 9:31 am

Turok_TTZ wrote:
If barca and atletico choke this weekend however, my tune will shift an octave for certain.

Imagine they choked and we had dropped points having given up on la liga. It's a bit reminiscent of the 06/07 la liga where we won the league in the very last game, at the very end of the game with that Reyes/Higuain comeback.

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon May 02, 2016 3:29 pm

it was reyes and mahmoudu diarra....although that campaign was a bit different. at this stage in that campaign, we were only playing in one competition. we got knocked out from the king's cup early on, and from the ucl in the second round, so all our eggs were in la liga. to turok's point (even though i don't agree with it, i understand where he's coming from), we are in two competitions, and he's pretty much saying prioritize . but with a 1 point difference, a little chance of a miracle, and the fear that prioritizing does not mean we'll end up with ucl, i like the approach we have been taking going into the end; still trying to grab 3 points, and being reasonably cautious, pertaining to the city first leg......let's hope for a win this wednesday
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Tue May 03, 2016 10:53 pm

Get lewa now he is sooooooooo good, twice the player benzema ever was, this forum really knows how to judge and compare players Proud

rofl

who is next? morata again? he is amazing too rofl
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue May 03, 2016 11:00 pm

Lewa was good today imo.  Much better than Benz has ever been against Atleti who usually completely shut him down...  just has more ways of being dangerous than Benz and has a nasty streak. It's one thing to create opportunities and miss some. It's quite another to get completely taken out of the game.

In any case... we're not getting Lewa anyhow.

Griezmann has 31 goals for the season now and has never missed more than 4 La Liga games in his 6 full seasons.  Number of games in reverse chronological order:  36 (with 2 to go so he's played them all), 37, 35, 34, 35 and 37.  Extremely durable.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed May 04, 2016 9:53 pm

Would absolutely love griezmann. I think he can play CF for us, I know he plays on the wing but he's clinical
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed May 04, 2016 9:55 pm

Atleti play a 442 Fennec... he plays centrally with Atleti right behind Torres.  When Torres is out, he goes to CF like he did against Barca in 2nd leg and scored a double.  He plays wing and AM for France NT.

Basically, does it all.  31 goals this season.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Wed May 04, 2016 10:08 pm

aguero rofl another way better option than benzema, doing a grand total of sod all Proud.

how was cr fresh back from injury sucked ass no? literally playing with 10 men and he missed all the best chances where is his ridicule and stupid thread bumps sheep?
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed May 04, 2016 10:20 pm

chad4401 wrote:aguero rofl another way better option than benzema, doing a grand total of sod all Proud.

how was cr fresh back from injury sucked ass no? literally playing with 10 men and he missed all the best chances where is his ridicule and stupid thread bumps sheep?

Ronaldo did everything but score today, he also played injured, honestly buddy there is no helping you.

All the better sports, he needs to come to us asap

Last edited by FennecFox7 on Wed May 04, 2016 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed May 04, 2016 10:20 pm

The hell is going on in this thread?

Well people, when criticizing the Benz, remember the performances of Aguero today and remind yourself the grass is not always greener on the other side.

@ sports Benz gets isolated whenever we play atletico. Lewandowski has the benefit of being the main threat. Atletico gives us no quarter and Benz is better off playing from deep crafting chances anyways.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu May 05, 2016 1:03 am

y'all need to relax, benzema is injured, bringing up every striker as a means of praising him hardly helps your cause. if you bump a thread after every game he scores or assists in, that's perfect, there should be no arguments there. but everytime muller ibra kun lewa griezmann or whoever is a striker that some people randomly link to us, misses a chance, then we bump the thread, we are taking this thing a little too seriously

i mean there r people on here who like keylor and others who like de gea; and the keylor praise gets heralded when he makes saves. they don't resort to bumping threads or praising keylor everytime united concedes a goal....@ least let the guy come back, play and perform, then we can all give him props......btw right now we're in the final damn it, let's lighten up and keep these "allegiances" calm for now
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Thu May 05, 2016 1:06 am

How can anyone say we should replace Benz with Scrubuero and Lewascrubski? Both are not on Benz's level tbh, as seen in this years UCL.
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:26 pm

Oi sports are the french so bitter after that EURO choke? Benz be congratulating CR7 for EURO win on twitter and I hear french radio hosts saying shit about he should never return to france. shitters not realizing France left him back in Spain.

Arbeloa is right on money. Based Arbeloa.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:48 am

bump

if the ban isn't upheld, yes, 100%

i thought he would come back strong after being left out of the france squad and being implicated in the valbuena scandal. nope.

seems slower, less skillful. terrible start to the season.

good thing morata was bought
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:05 am

Just move CR to cf already if we're going to play with a target man and cross the ball constantly. He was brilliant for Portugal in that role
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:01 pm

Benz is in some rotten stinky form though. That early injury really messed up his start. Really hope he gets back. Not gonna throw shade, hoping for the best at this point.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:21 pm

After reading that Benzema is not favoured in yet another poll (info from another thread), had me thinking: the day Benzema leaves or gets chased out the club, would Madrid fans consider him a legend or an icon of sorts?

Currently, Benzema has 115 goals in 225 apps for Madrid (according to Wiki). Is it possible that even with such an amount of goals and appearances that Madrid fans would just be like "meh, he was alright I guess" or would he be considered in the same mold as Santillana, Butragueno, Kopa, essentially the 2nd tier of Madrid legends.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next