Donuts
futbol
Hapless_Hans
Mr Nick09
Valkyrja
32 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

What SHOULD Happen Official Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: What SHOULD Happen Official Thread

Post by titosantill Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:21 am

by the way, with all this arguing. you guys do know perez isn't going to give in about the statutes pertaining to the club president right? and if he doesn't there will be no elections. actually, there can be elections, but i don't think there's any socio who meets up to the requirements listed in the statutes, so basically nobody can run. if that's the case, you might as well stop these arguments about players now and kiss them goodbye, cos even if by some miracle we turn things around, my guess is florentino will look to sell big. i'm also hearing while the players would love ancelotti to return, (carlo has said he'll return if asked) mourinho could be the next guy.....lol let's wait and see. perez will be in court tomorrow to discuss the statutes

titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

What SHOULD Happen Official Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: What SHOULD Happen Official Thread

Post by titosantill Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:27 am

@falcao, isco hasn't been a starter for him to be "sacrificed". he has only started games due to james and bale constantly getting injured, and modric injured for much of last season. if casemiro gets in the line up, the person sacrificed will be one of kroos/modric, probably kroos. danilo will start; because i think rafa is at the point he might not want to admit that his starting danilo has been a grave mistake....but if rafa has any brains, he'll give carvajal back his spot
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:39 am

titosantill wrote:SONNY ANDERSON!!!!! ah another name from the nineties....fantastic, fantastic striker. falls into the category of fantastic strikers people forget about...makaay, elber, bebeto, pauleta, salas just to name a few...pardon the digression

Yeah... normally i don't name the reporter, but i felt he needed to be named since he's not some random guy who knows nothing about football. Great player even if he did play for my two least favorite teams: Barca and Lyon.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:01 am

Benzema is incredibly talented. The thing is that he doesn't have that aggression in him like for example Suarez. The Uruguayan plays with unreal intensity which scares the shit outta defenders. Benzema is like Laudrup. He doesn't have a ghetto mentality, a killer instinct.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:21 am

Next time you feel like defending Benzema, or any player for that matter, remember that they're bagging millions and don't even know you exist.

You need to chill and let everybody say whatever the hell they want. You also need to tone it down with your verbal aggressiveness - and I'm not just talking about football here, I mean in real life as well.

Insulting people and getting worked up every time somebody disagrees with you, won't get you anywhere in life.

And trust me when I say that most members here, including myself, don't take you seriously. You come across as an extremely hostile member with severely acute level of fanboyism towards a certain player.

I didn't mention your name so you won't feel the need to reply back. But I just felt the need to give you this free and valuable tip.

God bless.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:07 pm

What SHOULD Happen Official Thread - Page 6 1371997_Real_Madrid_CF

We should try this IMO,(at full squad), James as a false-nine/attacking midfielder, Ronaldo as an inside forward/winger, Bale could stick to his "free role" BS and the midfield of three could rotate where Modric and Isco act as an attacking playmakers.
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:17 pm

Kroos-Isco-Modric is a terrible midfield, we are not winning anything with that. no balance, not physical presence, it would just get shredded by a team like atleti
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:23 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Kroos-Isco-Modric is a terrible midfield, we are not winning anything with that. no balance, not physical presence, it would just get shredded by a team like atleti

We dominated barca twice with that midfield. If Bale tracked back it might work.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:32 pm

No we did not. But then again, you have to define what dominated means.

Last year when we beat them we were playing 442 and some expert counter attacking football.

the whole sting with james and co hasnt achieved much in big games, rather mediocre if we look at the balance of games vs atleti, juve, barca etc.. Even Valencia with Andre Gomes-Fuego-Parejo (fyi way more balanced midfield) shredded us, specially that second game in the bernabeu.

You guys are again rewriting history
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:40 pm

Yeah only the 4-4-2 with the 3-1 result I recall.
Everything after that was no domination in way
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:02 am

That's why the midfield of three will have to rotate between Toni, Luka, Isco, Kovacic and Casemiro. Also that is the only way to fit Toni in all of this, he simply doesn't make the cut in a two-midfield-formation, he will get eaten alive.

Also that is the most realistic one I could come up, cause you know damn right I'd put Jese in between the lines there.
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:08 am

what would the rotation of the 3 man midfield achieve?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:21 am

Depending on the opposition, we choose the players to play.

Casemiro for instance could play when we need more muscle or are in need for a lock down in the final minutes aka a destroyer.

Toni is there to keep possession, Isco when you need a more attacking side. Modric can fit in any formation as long as he is given both freedom in the middle of the park and someone to support him. Kovacic is a lesser version of Mordic.

We have a variety of midfielders to choose from, a passer, a dribbler, a defender, a mix of all of them(aka Modric), you just need to make them click, and a midfield of three(or more) could be the answer. Everytime we play two players in the middle we get overrun whenever it's Barca, Celta, Atleti or even Elche
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:42 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:

Yes. I mean the 3-1 was probably your best Clasico performance since the pasillo game. But some context.

- Suarez playing his first Barca game
- Suarez playing on the wing
- Messi in the middle (which has been found out years ago because he doesn't move or press consistently without the ball)
- Xavi starting (who got phased out that season and only played as a sub in all big games from then on, should have happened even earlier)
- Mathieu at leftback, without even knowing right until the lineups were revealed that he would play there (which he hates and cannot do, played there yesterday against Real Sociedad to rest Alba and looked awful again)

I won't even talk about the individual form of players like Pique who was horrendous at that time. That team was still in transition and had nothing to do with the current team. Even PSG scored 3 goals against us at that time and Ajax' pressing caused us huge problems. But even in that sort of form Messi had the 2-0 right on his toe, that's how lightweight Kroos and Modric in the middle is.

Losing Alonso and Di Maria has hurt you more than you guys realize because some of you still believe that the little purple patch at the start of last season was the norm. Reality is it was just a purple patch (mainly Ronaldo scoring hattricks every week during the Ballon d'Or voting time which he stopped after winning the Golden Ball). The norm is your entire 2015 form, Ancelotti + Benitez.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:46 am

You act like we didn't dominate you in the first half of the second game in March last season with Bale on the pitch and a half fit Modric, before the players fell down physically after 55 minutes.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:02 am

There are context to every game futbol, it's truely pointless to find extenuating circumstances to every game because i can write a 3 page post about why we lost so badly last time as well lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:35 am

i don't like that midfield either, its too lazy. kroos is NOT a defensive midfielder. at bayern he had schweinsteiger and javi martinez play behind him on a number of occasions. now you put him as the 'rock' behind  isco and modric? couple that with our unpredictable defending at wing back, and the fact that none of those three in the midfield are good tacklers, we will get run over.

same with playing a double pivot of kroos and modric- it will work against guys like getafe, eibar, sociedad and we will probably get fooled into thinking we are now the best thing since sliced bread. but against a physically demanding disciplined side, that team will get outworked; they won't be able to forge counters quick enough. and against a possession based side, they'll get tired by half time, because you have two attacking mids (isco and kroos), and a central midfielder chasing the ball and trying to dispossess players. playing attackers as defenders, which is something they'll hate and get tired of....no attacker likes to be the piggy in the middle; unless u have the workrate of di maria, which is rare

i'm not  sure about james playing that false 9 either. a false 9 actually has to carry some goalscoring duties and you're putting bale on the right flank again, a position he hates. playing james there and a midfield of isco, kroos, and modric is NO different from what we've been playing and may probably even be worse than the bbc...you're practically playing 6 attackers, couple that with a left back in marcelo, who can attack but still has questions to be answered in defense especially against better teams, danilo/arbeloa at right back (considering carvajal's injury), who are disasters waiting to happen; the defenders will be left helpless and ran over.

i don't even mind playing two defensive midfielders with modric/kroos (not both)....and james needs to start fighting to earn a spot, he was trash today, he has deficiencies on the flanks and in central mid. if he can't pull it together in attacking mid or a coach won't play him in that position.....that transfer might be a big bust, especially when u look at what we lost for it
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:38 am

Valkyrja wrote:You act like we didn't dominate you in the first half of the second game in March last season with Bale on the pitch and a half fit Modric, before the players fell down physically after 55 minutes.

I didn't know a football game lasts only 40 minutes. Let me remind you that, again, a Barca player (this time Neymar) was 1 on 1 with Casillas and decided to literally backpass it to him for some strange reason 30 second before Ronaldo equalized.

What SHOULD Happen Official Thread - Page 6 Insta

My understanding of "dominating" might be different than yours. In my book it's not: going behind, creating some good chances, conceding some great chances, almost going behind 0-2, equalizing, going behind again, heads dropping after 55 minutes, conceding a host of chances and ending up losing. That's just a tight game where you had a good spell.

Mr Nick09 wrote:There are context to every game futbol, it's truely pointless to find extenuating circumstances to every game because i can write a 3 page post about why we lost so badly last time as well lol

Context is important in this argument. If we're discussing how Madrid should line up and someone says "Isco-Modric-Kroos because that worked in the 3-1 Clasico" then we can't just pretend that it worked because of the lineup without taking into context that Luis Enrique hadn't even figured out his best lineup in that game. Suarez making his debut and playing out of position on the wing, 35 year old Xavi starting a high intensity game and Mathieu playing as a leftback are some major factors. I'm not talking sophisticated tactics but just basic lineups. Imagine going into a Clasico where Bale makes his debut as a false 9, Ramos plays leftback and some finished imaginary 35 year old starts in your midfield. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:59 am

There is no context futbol you wanna talk about excuse?

Apart from Suarez everybody played together but last clasico was first time this year everyone playing together with that formation.

Adit wrote:For the positives... The match definitely flatters Barcelona because..

The important second goal, Neymar was clearly offside. Looks like the lines man actually favored Barca.

This is the first time these players are playing together due to injuries.

Marcelo first game after injury

Ramos first game after injury on pain killers.

Varane first game the Paris attack .

Danillo first game after injury.

James first game after injury.

Benzema first game after injury.

Bale second game after injury.

Navas first game after injury.

Come to think of it... Any team was going to win against us in this situation.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:06 am

Not to talk about. the second clasico where we destroyed you until 70 minute with midfield domination of Kroos and modric but your goalkeeper became official Motm.

Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:07 am

@Great Leader Sprucenuce

Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:01 am

futbol wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:

Yes. I mean the 3-1 was probably your best Clasico performance since the pasillo game. But some context.

- Suarez playing his first Barca game
- Suarez playing on the wing
- Messi in the middle (which has been found out years ago because he doesn't move or press consistently without the ball)
- Xavi starting (who got phased out that season and only played as a sub in all big games from then on, should have happened even earlier)
- Mathieu at leftback, without even knowing right until the lineups were revealed that he would play there (which he hates and cannot do, played there yesterday against Real Sociedad to rest Alba and looked awful again)

I won't even talk about the individual form of players like Pique who was horrendous at that time. That team was still in transition and had nothing to do with the current team. Even PSG scored 3 goals against us at that time and Ajax' pressing caused us huge problems. But even in that sort of form Messi had the 2-0 right on his toe, that's how lightweight Kroos and Modric in the middle is.

Losing Alonso and Di Maria has hurt you more than you guys realize because some of you still believe that the little purple patch at the start of last season was the norm. Reality is it was just a purple patch (mainly Ronaldo scoring hattricks every week during the Ballon d'Or voting time which he stopped after winning the Golden Ball). The norm is your entire 2015 form, Ancelotti + Benitez.
Get real dude. You guys got outplayed, simple as that. You guys even won a treble that year so to even make a thought out rebuttal is laugabale. I could bring up excuses how you guys only beat a secondary Bayern in CL last year. Its a pretty cheap tactic

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6