Milan vs Sampdoria | November 28, 2015

+3
Dante
Cruijf
Il Diavolo
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Milan vs Sampdoria | November 28, 2015 Empty Milan vs Sampdoria | November 28, 2015

Post by Il Diavolo Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:38 pm

Players called up:

Goalkeepers: Abbiati, Donnarumma, Livieri (97).
Defenders:  Abate, Alex, Antonelli, Calabria, De Sciglio, Rodrigo Ely, Mexes, Romagnoli, Zapata.
Midfielders: Bonaventura, Josè Mauri, Kucka, Montolivo, Nocerino, Poli, Suso.
Forwards: Bacca, Cerci, Honda, Luiz Adriano, Niang.

Pre-match press conference:
We changed a few things after the Napoli game and we started to average 2 points per match. I am sure we will be able to maintain that in the coming matches. We have all the qualities to keep that average up until the half-way point of the season. We made a slow start to the season, but most of the head to head matches, with the exception of the Napoli match, were away from home. With this in mind, I think in the second part of the season there is reason to believe that we can do even better. Sampdoria? They are a tough side to face. From the midfield up, they have players that can decide a match in any moment. They will make it hard for us. I can’t say yet whether there are any differences between Zenga’s Sampdoria or Montella’s Sampdoria. It’s too early. Each coach has his own ideas. Sampdoria was an important club for me, both as a player and as a coach, and I wish all the best to Montella and my former President.

We know it will be hard versus Samp, but I am certain we will come away with the win and we might play with a 4-4-2 tomorrow. Bertolacci was a big investment but we haven’t had him available much because of injuries. Balotelli is another key player that has been out too. I hope I can have Balo back before Christmas. He, like Bertolacci, is a player that gives us other options in attack. Regardless of the formation, we always field 4 or 5 attacking players. At times, we’ve been able to get the best out of our attacking potential and at times not, but we should always adopt an attacking approach.

We could have and should have done more versus Juve. We performed well in defence, but struggled in attack also because our wide men tracked back a lot. We made one too many mistakes when in possession. But every match is a different story. Versus Atalanta, we were missing several players while we also had a few players not 100% fit. Lazio pressed us high up the pitch while Atalanta sat back and attacked on the break. Juve managed to break the deadlock, but if Cerci had scored before that, it might have changed the match.

Predicted Lineup:

Milan vs Sampdoria | November 28, 2015 Cu1egm10
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Milan vs Sampdoria | November 28, 2015 Empty Re: Milan vs Sampdoria | November 28, 2015

Post by Cruijf Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 am

Interesting that he's talking about a 4-4-2. Will that be a 4-2-4 in attack and 4-3-3 in defence like near the end against Juve? Or will this be more balanced? If so its a strange shift, but I'm curious to see how it will go.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Milan vs Sampdoria | November 28, 2015 Empty Re: Milan vs Sampdoria | November 28, 2015

Post by Dante Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:46 pm

Imo , it should be more like 4-5-1 in defence , but that's my preference . Crowding the axis and let the players closer to each is safer , considering our defensive capabilities aren't particularly impressive . However , 4-3-3 when defending theoriticaly should allow for more direct counter attacking . Should.

I am both eager and a little anxious about it , hoping for a nice game .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:01 pm

This is very interesting, definitely a 4-4-2...

Seems to be working, at least in attack. The extra numbers in the final third are helping us keep the ball there longer and give us a better shot at creating chances. We could be exposed if Samp press us though.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:05 pm

FFS.

JACK Proud
NIANG Proud
CERCI Proud

This is the best football we've played all season.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:06 pm

Kucka dispatched those 3 players at the job center lmao
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:12 pm

Niang playing well now , wtf is this Laughing

The game is going nicely so far , but i would like if we kept the ball a little more. Sampdoria sees more of it than they should really.

A bit worried about Montolivo atm , seems a little off . Kucka well played and Niang's move was really good , i was impressed actually. Nice
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:25 pm

Pen, should've been a red imo.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Diavolo Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:26 pm

Niaggg! Deserves the goal. He's been great.
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:34 pm

Niang should be a starter from now on imo
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:36 pm

We aren't playing like crap

notbad.jpg
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:55 pm

Niang has finally arrived Proud
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:01 pm

Niang actually worked to improve , who would've guessed . Damn impressive tonight , a thorn in Sampdoria's defence . It feels somewhat weird watching Niang play so well and scoring twice! in a Milan game Laughing , but damnit , what a game from him so far , i am really pleased .

Let's hope we will see more of this Niang
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:07 pm

Interesting that we switched to 4-3-3 when Poli came on. Seems Miha doesn't trust him in a double pivot.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:24 pm

4-0 Proud
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:26 pm

Proud

Adriano handled that very well , from yet another great delivery by Cerci .

Such a great game tonight , i really hope this is a turning point for better things to come .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Diavolo Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:33 pm

Poli Mad
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:33 pm

Poli doing Poli things Laughing
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:39 pm

Poli :facepalm:

Takes a bit of gloss off it but overall still a really great performance, haven't enjoyed a game like that in God knows how long.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:51 pm

FT . 4-1 ! nice Proud

btw , Bacca's missed chance earlier.. howw !

The pass from Honda was so good , was legitimately surprised how he didnt score that one , he messed up there . Wasn't a good game for Bacca , though in his defence , he often looked to find teammates and all , despite himself visibly seeking to score one badly , he put the team first. He also run a lot and came close many times.. Anyway , he wasn't terrible by any means . When everything is said and done , this one wasn't one of his good games .

Also , i think L.Adriano could , perhaps , have scored a 2nd had he been introduced earlier , a very positive display by him tonight. Kucka played another impressive game tonight as well , i approved of Mihajlovic choice to rest him , he deserved it. I am starting to really appreciate him lately , Kucka has been such a positive signing. Jack was also pretty impressive , kind of used to it by now . Damn well played young Allegri .

Romagnoli one of the same , all them $$ was well spent . Stellar performance. Cerci also had a no nonsense game , his delivery can be lethal and tonight it mostly was. Wasn't a perfect display by any means , but overwhelmingly positive in the end . I really hope he continues like that , he seems to enjoy himself lately.

In general lines , this was our best game of the season so far , in almost all areas we had something to show , with results. Really pleased and here's hoping Miha continues to work with the team to bring us more enjoyable games down the road.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:59 pm

Niang repays my faith in him Proud
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:34 pm

Niang's physique has improved notably , he also seems to actually think during the game now. That's some progress there alright Laughing

My biggest complaint about him was absent the entire game as well , the fact he used to be overconfident when against the odds and complacent in his decision making when the answer in front of him was simplistic .

Instead , what i saw was a well rounded performance , active thinking and stellar movement and finishing , in time and without unnecessary delay . Made some minor mistakes but yeah , nothing to talk home about. Night and day compared to the Niang we used to watch really. Mihajlovic has been doing some damn fine job with the young players , i have to say. Huge positive for Milan.

We all enjoyed watching Niang tonight , however after all has been said and done , i'd count my chickens after they are hatched. A fantastic game by Niang , however he now has to continue like this . Glad to see Niang and not Niango , but yeah , there's simply tons to prove yet . Besides , succeeding in establishing himself will actually be the easiest part. Sustaining himself as an important part of the team will be his real test. After tonight , i am well eager to find out if he can manage that.

Anyway , he deserves more praise than doubts tonight , it was after all , a fine start towards achieving his goals . His best game yet , no doubt .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:41 pm

@Dante, I remember when we talked about Niang last year. We have to remember that Niang is only 20 yrs old, he has the technique required to be a top player as well as the motivation, which is perfect. As you mentioned, the problem with Niang is his decision making but I was sure that he will overcome this problem and judging by his matches at Genoa last season, I saw improvements, which are now continuing onto his Milan career. It really does help that we have a brave coach like Miha who is willing to play the youngsters, this is how you bring back a team.
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Diavolo Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:33 pm

I love Mihajlovic's attitude towards youngsters. This has easily been one of the best things about this season. There's not a lot of managers out there who are willing to risk their positions like this to try out youngsters. Who would even think of benching an experienced goalie like Diego Lopez in favor of a 16 year old. And it's not always worked out (Ely sent off in the first game). But he continues to give these players chances and as a result of this, for the first time in god know how many years, we have a group of very promising homegrown players (Donarumma, Calabria, Niang).
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:53 pm

Agreed, he's much better than our past few managers when it comes to youth.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next