Milan vs Sampdoria | November 28, 2015

+3
Dante
Cruijf
Il Diavolo
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Milan vs Sampdoria | November 28, 2015 - Page 2 Empty Re: Milan vs Sampdoria | November 28, 2015

Post by Dante Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:33 pm

Poli doing Poli things Laughing

Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Milan vs Sampdoria | November 28, 2015 - Page 2 Empty Re: Milan vs Sampdoria | November 28, 2015

Post by Cruijf Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:39 pm

Poli :facepalm:

Takes a bit of gloss off it but overall still a really great performance, haven't enjoyed a game like that in God knows how long.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:51 pm

FT . 4-1 ! nice Proud

btw , Bacca's missed chance earlier.. howw !

The pass from Honda was so good , was legitimately surprised how he didnt score that one , he messed up there . Wasn't a good game for Bacca , though in his defence , he often looked to find teammates and all , despite himself visibly seeking to score one badly , he put the team first. He also run a lot and came close many times.. Anyway , he wasn't terrible by any means . When everything is said and done , this one wasn't one of his good games .

Also , i think L.Adriano could , perhaps , have scored a 2nd had he been introduced earlier , a very positive display by him tonight. Kucka played another impressive game tonight as well , i approved of Mihajlovic choice to rest him , he deserved it. I am starting to really appreciate him lately , Kucka has been such a positive signing. Jack was also pretty impressive , kind of used to it by now . Damn well played young Allegri .

Romagnoli one of the same , all them $$ was well spent . Stellar performance. Cerci also had a no nonsense game , his delivery can be lethal and tonight it mostly was. Wasn't a perfect display by any means , but overwhelmingly positive in the end . I really hope he continues like that , he seems to enjoy himself lately.

In general lines , this was our best game of the season so far , in almost all areas we had something to show , with results. Really pleased and here's hoping Miha continues to work with the team to bring us more enjoyable games down the road.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:59 pm

Niang repays my faith in him Proud
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:34 pm

Niang's physique has improved notably , he also seems to actually think during the game now. That's some progress there alright Laughing

My biggest complaint about him was absent the entire game as well , the fact he used to be overconfident when against the odds and complacent in his decision making when the answer in front of him was simplistic .

Instead , what i saw was a well rounded performance , active thinking and stellar movement and finishing , in time and without unnecessary delay . Made some minor mistakes but yeah , nothing to talk home about. Night and day compared to the Niang we used to watch really. Mihajlovic has been doing some damn fine job with the young players , i have to say. Huge positive for Milan.

We all enjoyed watching Niang tonight , however after all has been said and done , i'd count my chickens after they are hatched. A fantastic game by Niang , however he now has to continue like this . Glad to see Niang and not Niango , but yeah , there's simply tons to prove yet . Besides , succeeding in establishing himself will actually be the easiest part. Sustaining himself as an important part of the team will be his real test. After tonight , i am well eager to find out if he can manage that.

Anyway , he deserves more praise than doubts tonight , it was after all , a fine start towards achieving his goals . His best game yet , no doubt .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:41 pm

@Dante, I remember when we talked about Niang last year. We have to remember that Niang is only 20 yrs old, he has the technique required to be a top player as well as the motivation, which is perfect. As you mentioned, the problem with Niang is his decision making but I was sure that he will overcome this problem and judging by his matches at Genoa last season, I saw improvements, which are now continuing onto his Milan career. It really does help that we have a brave coach like Miha who is willing to play the youngsters, this is how you bring back a team.
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Diavolo Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:33 pm

I love Mihajlovic's attitude towards youngsters. This has easily been one of the best things about this season. There's not a lot of managers out there who are willing to risk their positions like this to try out youngsters. Who would even think of benching an experienced goalie like Diego Lopez in favor of a 16 year old. And it's not always worked out (Ely sent off in the first game). But he continues to give these players chances and as a result of this, for the first time in god know how many years, we have a group of very promising homegrown players (Donarumma, Calabria, Niang).
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:53 pm

Agreed, he's much better than our past few managers when it comes to youth.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:16 am

Well, that was great. More of this please.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:03 pm

•MilanDevil• wrote:@Dante, I remember when we talked about Niang last year. We have to remember that Niang is only 20 yrs old, he has the technique required to be a top player as well as the motivation, which is perfect. As you mentioned, the problem with Niang is his decision making but I was sure that he will overcome this problem and judging by his matches at Genoa last season, I saw improvements, which are now continuing onto his Milan career. It really does help that we have a brave coach like Miha who is willing to play the youngsters, this is how you bring back a team.

I've been talking about Niang and how he should be having this kind of games first before we can really start taking him seriously , ever since he arrived. There was so much hype talk about him just because he was young , but the results always said other things. At his loans he showed more , but the thing we care about is what he can do with our team ,with Milan . This is the first time he has actively and evidently worked hard to make progress.

Niang is still very young and i never forget that when i talk about him. Why am i always being a little more direct and easy to critique him? That's because Niang always had a big mouth and that's something which really annoys me personally in young players .

I grew up with youngsters being really humble and all , the big things they had to say were on the pitch. I am pretty sure even Balotelli was humbler when talking about his future and all , than Niang at this age. So , you can understand if i have always been sceptical about Niang , in fact it wasn't hard at all.

I read lately on the fb Milan fans page , that he apparently said he's working to surpass Henry or something like that.. I remember thinking 'this lad' . Turns out he's been really working at least , which is what matters. But yeah , i am hoping Miha can also help improve his professionalism and straighten him out too , along with the sporting progress . Having big dreams is more than welcomed , talking about how you will surpass a player like Henry when he's really at his baby steps is just naive dreamtalking . I just hope he matures , keeps his head straight and continues working.

And just like Henry said lately.. talent is not enough . Niang should learn from such things too if he's to succeed , let alone surpass Henry Laughing . In the end , things don't always go as expected . Balotelli was better than him at his age and he didn't become the player everyone expected he would become. Henry in particular was very promising as well at that age , but his beginnings weren't as promising as Balotelli's , it wasn't untill he joined Arsenal he really begun to show what he was made of .

What i am saying is , it's really pleasant that Niang is showing progress with OUR shirt , but anyway , let's just not get ahead of ourselves . We have more than one example where a Milan youngster explodes and fades . With that in mind , i am eagerly waiting for his next game . Hype and talk stopped having any effect on me long ago , it's what i see on the pitch that i care . And Niang delivered for once. Sincerely , here's to more.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next