Arsenal Vs Manchester City -Can we do it this time?

+7
Raptorgunner
Sina
Jay29
urbaNRoots
The Demon of Carthage
El Gunner
RealGunner
11 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Arsenal Vs Manchester City -Can we do it this time?  - Page 3 Empty Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City -Can we do it this time?

Post by Unique Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:19 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:No team has won the league after losing 5 games before Christmas since 1968... City have now lost 5. We're not going to have a better chance than this year.

We're screwed up that second half, first by missing chances to kill the game off, then letting City back in. Those final 10 minutes were painful. Players had given their all and were tiring big time.

This group of players are going to be knackered going into this busy Christmas run.
I think that is 1986. and Liverpool won it cheers

Last edited by Unique on Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Arsenal Vs Manchester City -Can we do it this time?  - Page 3 Empty Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City -Can we do it this time?

Post by Jay29 Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:20 pm

Thought Ramsey had a decent game. His end product was disappointing but I can't fault any other aspect of his game tonight.

Our next six league games:

Southampton (A)
Bournemouth (H)
Newcastle (H)
Liverpool (A)
Stoke (A)
Chelsea (H)

Gonna need some serious momentum to get a good amount of points from that.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:22 pm

Ramsey is always like that. 80% flawless performance. 20% heart attack inducing performance.

But i still prefer him in CM than Cazorla.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:22 pm

"Alexis Sanchez will not be back until the 10th of January or so"
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:22 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Thought Ramsey had a decent game. His end product was disappointing but I can't fault any other aspect of his game tonight.

Southampton (A)
Bournemouth (H)
Newcastle (H)
Liverpool (A)
Stoke (A)
Chelsea (H)

I think you will get 11 points from them games
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:26 pm

Arsenal still have to play City, United, Spurs, Everton and Liverpool away from home.

We can beat City, United and Everton. Spurs away is difficult and I don't think we have ever beaten Klopp away

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:29 pm

We beat Klopp away in 13/14.

It's going to be tough, especially if we don't strengthen in Jan. That City game is game 37 as well - imagine how big that could be.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:32 pm

Hopefully not as big as Arsenal-Leicester (:

We need to increase the gap. Make sure the gap is big enough to afford losing to City away in matchday 37.

LONGGGG way to go though. As long as we have difficult matches against shit clubs at home, bigger away won't matter as much hopefully.

Atm we need some sort of rotation for boxing day. Gibbs, Oxlade, Gabriel and maybe Chambers in. Rest can stay. Thankfully Southampton are in awful form. A draw there 'could' be OK but not ideal. Just need to keep momentum.

Boxing day is still 5 days away so that's fine. Bournemouth home is the bigger worry. Think Arsene will keep the same team for southampton and rotate at home
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:34 pm

City's next away game is Leicester. City haven't won away from home in five games. Suddenly I'm not so confident about Leicester dropping points over Christmas. Laughing

Just need to focus on ourselves, I suppose. Our recent record at Southampton isn't good, so turning that around would be a good place to start.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:37 pm

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CWyATehWcAEJsFm.png

quality>>>>>>>>quantity
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:38 pm

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CWyATehWcAEJsFm.png

quality>>>>>>>>quantity
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:38 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Thought Ramsey had a decent game. His end product was disappointing but I can't fault any other aspect of his game tonight.

Southampton (A)
Bournemouth (H)
Newcastle (H)
Liverpool (A)
Stoke (A)
Chelsea (H)

What about his marking for Yaya's goal? Or the constant trouble he was bringing our defence with his inconsistent passing? Or the chances you mentioned (which is how he usually gets away with his performances). I swear I'm more confident in Koscielny keeping the ball in midfield than Ramsey. Man is a straight up ticking bomb.

I will never get his obsession with playing CM. He's an attacking midielder and a great one but he sucks as a CM.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:44 pm

I faulted him for his wastefulness in front of goal, I can pin the Yaya thing on a slip of concentration due to fatigue, and his "inconsistent passing" wasn't that inconsistent when he completed 85% of them.

As I said, he was decent. No more or less.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:47 pm

I'd blame him if he start costing us games. but atm, he is a far more progressive CM than Cazorla imo.

Can't wait till Wilshere is back though. Not long now.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:01 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:I faulted him for his wastefulness in front of goal, I can pin the Yaya thing on a slip of concentration due to fatigue, and his "inconsistent passing" wasn't that inconsistent when he completed 85% of them.

As I said, he was decent. No more or less.

He wasn't decent really when his mistake almost cost us the game.

It's not even just his passing, his ball control was worse than Flamini's ffs, not to mention the way put other players in pressure. Calling it a decent performance is a disservice to other players who were decent tonight. He was comfortably our worst player.

Sure we won, but that doesn't mean we can excuse such a poor performance. Especially since he's always this insecure when playing CM against a team that puts some pressure in him.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:14 pm

Almost cost us the game Laughing

He switched off, let a player past him. That's a mistake but you don't expect the player to score from that position. It's not a massive mistake.

If Ramsey was letting players go all game then you could say he was poor but he wasn't. Bare in mind Flamini was following Silva around, yet we weren't exploited in that space. Maybe Ramsey had something to do with that.

I don't rate him that high as a CM either but I'm not going to sit here and magnify one mistake as if none of our other CMs have ever made the same mistake in a game before.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:27 pm

Other midfielders get rightly roasted for mistakes like that, small as they are. I was just pointing that out as I do for every player. My frustration with him is mostly his insistence to play CM when it's clearly a position that doesn't suit his best qualities, he's a great attacking midfielder and since you agree with that there's nothing more to add from me.

Wenger has confirmed Alexis Sanchez has suffered a "slight setback" and will be out until the 10th of January. #afc

:facepalm:
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:31 pm

RealGunner wrote:shout out to EG. Flamini was immense

Thank you very much *Sam Elliot voice*

Now as I mentioned also earlier in this thread, this win won't matter so much if we go on and drop points against Southampton. Have to dig deep now, shame that Alexis had a setback.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:36 pm

lolwat Urban, Ramsey was actually very good today, my personal MOTM, he didn't displace as many passes and had shit control as in the last few games.
Just the few chances he wasted was a shame. He should be better than that.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:43 pm

El Gunner wrote:lolwat Urban, Ramsey was actually very good today, my personal MOTM, he didn't displace as many passes and had shit control as in the last few games.
Just the few chances he wasted was a shame. He should be better than that.

MotM Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:47 pm

Yes, mine, he was :coffee:
Was in control of the midfield for most of the match, and the midfield battle is very crucial in these games, I'm sure I needn't mention
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:54 pm

You're trolling right?

No Arsenal player controlled shit, we won because of our great counter attacking performance.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:54 pm

We controlled their attacks pretty well till the last 20 minutes tbh

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:58 pm

No I'm not trolling. And everyone else agreeing that Ramsey did good and we controlled the midfield for most of the game, shows that you are in the wrong/minority area here.

But continue pushing your agendas against our current midfielders
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:03 am

Unique wrote:

Southampton (A)
Bournemouth (H)
Newcastle (H)
Liverpool (A)
Stoke (A)
Chelsea (H)

I think you will get 11 points from them games

Southampton, chelsea, stoke and liverpool are the hardest games, especially liverpool. However, with walcott in the side, we can win every single won of those games, we just need to hope he stays fit. I actually think along with ozil, he is our most influential player. He gives our midfield so much space, defenders are so scared of his pace and movement. He is a unique player that makes arsenal a different beast.

The liverpool game is going to be an interesting one, liverpool are fantastic against the top teams, but i am just wondering if klopp will try and press us with a high line like they did vs city and chelsea. I feel its suicide to do that to us with walcott in the side imo. As a liverpool fan, how do you think klopp would set up?

Come to think of it, when was the last time liverpool faced a fit walcott? its been a long time.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:05 am

My Man of the Match was the corner flag for stopping De Bruyne from taking a quick corner in the first half.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum