Arsenal Vs Manchester City -Can we do it this time?

+7
Raptorgunner
Sina
Jay29
urbaNRoots
The Demon of Carthage
El Gunner
RealGunner
11 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Arsenal Vs Manchester City -Can we do it this time?  - Page 4 Empty Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City -Can we do it this time?

Post by Jay29 Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:05 am

My Man of the Match was the corner flag for stopping De Bruyne from taking a quick corner in the first half.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Arsenal Vs Manchester City -Can we do it this time?  - Page 4 Empty Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City -Can we do it this time?

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:08 am

El Gunner wrote:No I'm not trolling. And everyone else agreeing that Ramsey did good and we controlled the midfield for most of the game, shows that you are in the wrong/minority area here.

But continue pushing your agendas against our current midfielders

Then you are deluded. City dominated the whole game apart from some 15 minutes after the 2nd half, they created chance after chance but lacked the quality to finish them off.

You of all people accusing others of agendas... why don't you go and bump your little Özil thread? Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:10 am

Ramsey was pretty good, but he needs to higher his concentration levels, his sluggishness cost us the goal, But overall he was good. The struggle in the last 20mins was partly to do with the substitutes; in particular gibbs, the guy literally gave the ball away every time he touched it, which put us on the back foot.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:12 am

REWB wrote:
Unique wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:Thought Ramsey had a decent game. His end product was disappointing but I can't fault any other aspect of his game tonight.

Our next six league games:

Southampton (A)win 3-1
Bournemouth (H)win 2-0
Newcastle (H)win 3-0
Liverpool (A) draw 1-1
Stoke (A)draw 1-1
Chelsea (H)lose 2-1

Gonna need some serious momentum to get a good amount of points from that.

I think you will get 11 points from them games

Southampton, chelsea, stoke and liverpool are the hardest games, especially liverpool. However, with walcott in the side, we can win every single won of those games, we just need to hope he stays fit. I actually think along with ozil, he is our most influential player. He gives our midfield so much space, defenders are so scared of his pace and movement. He is a unique player that makes arsenal a different beast.

The liverpool game is going to be an interesting one, liverpool are fantastic against the top teams, but i am just wondering if klopp will try and press us with a high line like they did vs city and chelsea. I feel its suicide to do that to us with walcott in the side imo. As a liverpool fan, how do you think klopp would set up?

Come to think of it, when was the last time liverpool faced a fit walcott? its been a long time.
thats my opinion
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:13 am

urbaNRoots wrote:
El Gunner wrote:No I'm not trolling. And everyone else agreeing that Ramsey did good and we controlled the midfield for most of the game, shows that you are in the wrong/minority area here.

Then you are deluded. City dominated the whole game apart from some 15 minutes after the 2nd half, they created chance after chance but lacked the quality to finish them off.

You of all people accusing others of agendas... why don't you go and bump your little Özil thread? Laughing

I need to see the highlights, because i certainly dont remember city creating chance after chance, and usually i remember these things.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:17 am

Navas through on goal, De Bruyne through on goal, Yaya at the last minute, De Bruyne shot in the first half etc...
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:20 am

Can't youuuuuu seeee urbanroots, everyone is disagreeing with you. Now I am deluded? Laughing

Have been a proud supporter of Ozil for a while now, go read my latest comments in that thread. In fact, I don't need to bump it, the rest of GL has been refreshing it since I made that killer thread. My opinions bring the lads to the yard :coffee:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:29 am

El Gunner wrote:Can't youuuuuu seeee urbanroots, everyone is disagreeing with you. Now I am deluded? Laughing

Have been a proud supporter of Ozil for a while now, go read my latest comments in that thread. In fact, I don't need to bump it, the rest of GL has been refreshing it since I made that killer thread. My opinions bring the lads to the yard :coffee:

You're the one saying we dominated the game. No one else does Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:31 am

Where did I say "dominated" scratch I said controlled the midfield for most parts of the game, and people agree with that. Sit down son
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:33 am

urbaNRoots wrote:Navas through on goal, De Bruyne through on goal, Yaya at the last minute, De Bruyne shot in the first half etc...

So they created 2-3 clear cut chances? hardly creating countless chances mate, they are man city of course they are going to create some chances. For the large part we restricted them and created plenty more opportunities ourselves to finish the game off.

I do agree though, we do need a proper midfield dictator. Whether that be gundogan or rabiot i dont know.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:39 am

El Gunner wrote:Where did I say "dominated" scratch I said controlled the midfield for most parts of the game, and people agree with that. Sit down son

Wow you really ARE an idiot.

Possession

37%-63%

Shots

8-20

That sound like "controlling midfield for most parts of the game"?
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:44 am

REWB wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:Navas through on goal, De Bruyne through on goal, Yaya at the last minute, De Bruyne shot in the first half etc...

So they created 2-3 clear cut chances? hardly creating countless chances mate, they are man city of course they are going to create some chances. For the large part we restricted them and created plenty more opportunities ourselves to finish the game off.

I do agree though, we do need a proper midfield dictator. Whether that be gundogan or rabiot i dont know.

Gündogan's chemistry with Özil is fantastic in the NT, only has one year left in his contract so shouldn't be too expensive. If we can he is a must.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:51 am

No, you ARE the idiot thinking possession stats is all it needs to make that conclusion.

Actually watch the game ffs. In fact watch it better cuz I don't know what you saw.

Most of that percentage went up in the last 15-20 mins after they scored. City didn't look threatening at all before that. Just a Jesus Navas chance running on goal when he actually was offside but the linesman didn't spot it.

The first half was a cagey back and forth affair with each side going forward but no one actually creating clear cut chances. City were reduced to long range shooting. They didn't nothing. Yes they might have edged possession at that point, but by no means were they in control or dominating. That was until we of course scored the two goals before the break. Didn't Ramsey play a role in that second goal iirc. I could be mistaken so correct me if I'm wrong, but if I'm right, why aren't you crediting him for that??

We looked threatening for the first 15 after the break like you even mentioned, and that's when we should have put the game to bed but didn't/ After that the game went into a lull for a few more minutes, until City scored. And then, only then, they looked on top of us as we got a little bit twitchy, but we saw it out with Ramsey, Flamini, Gibbs, Chambers' running, closing down and blocking, and guess what, two of them is our sitting midfield.

urbaNRoots wrote:

And heh hey, would you look at this. It's actuallly you thats throwing around the "dominate" word.

City dominating us for the whole game except for 15 mins Laughing
Calm down mate. We won the game.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:22 am

I really don't understand why you're still going on with this.

City dominated the first half too, had 67% of the ball and seven shots to Arsenal's two. So they didn't only dominate the last 20 minutes.

We didn't actually have a shot at all to City's 6 shots until Walcott scored that beauty.

We were incredibly efficient but apart from those early 15-20 minutes in the 2nd half we were never controlling the midfield
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:27 am

some great photos:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:52 am

urbaNRoots wrote:I really don't understand why you're still going on with this.

City dominated the first half too, had 67% of the ball and seven shots to Arsenal's two. So they didn't only dominate the last 20 minutes.

We didn't actually have a shot at all to City's 6 shots until Walcott scored that beauty.

We were incredibly efficient but apart from those early 15-20 minutes in the 2nd half we were never controlling the midfield

I really don't understand how you saw the game
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:44 am

The "By The Numbers" article on Arseblog today helps interpret those stats:

Great performance by Arsenal today as they matched Man City punch for punch in a hard fought game. If we look at the typical “box score” it looks like Arsenal were outplayed. But if we heed Wenger’s advice from his interview published in the December Arsenal Magazine we can see in the stats that Arsenal simply played a different playing style and frustrated City every step along the way.

In a typical box score you see shots, possession, shots on goal, and goals. In this match Arsenal were outgunned 20-8, conceded 63% of the possession, but shots on goal were relatively similar 5 for Arsenal and 6 for Man City, and of course Arsenal won the game on a score of 2-1. Was it an unfair scoreline?

If we look at the other stats Arsenal matched City: both teams had 64 ball recoveries each, meaning that they both worked hard to recover loose balls and both teams made essentially the same number of tackles 21/33 for Arsenal and 19/30 for City. Arsenal led City 27-17 in interceptions which is actually typical for Arsenal* and the total number is above their season average (19.4) owing to City’s passing dominance.

Arsenal and City raised their levels in the second half and Arsenal made 14/19 tackles in the 2nd half and City made 13/21.

A few places where Arsenal dominated them were interesting:

10/15 – Offensive aerial duels won by Arsenal
7/8 – Offensive aerial duels won by Giroud
5/10 – Offensive aerial duels won by Man City
2/3 – Offensive aerial duels won by Wilfried

Some people are never going to like what Ramsey does. Based on the way the NBCSports feed picked up on a guy screaming at Ramsey every time he went forward, I think it’s the going forward thing, and trust me the stats back that perception. But even if you don’t like his attack-minded play, the dude really busts a gut for Arsenal when he’s on the pitch, check it;

3 – Big Chances by Arsenal (City created 0)
3 – Big Changes by Arsenal in the second half
2 – Big Chances by Aaron Ramsey in the second half when Arsenal were already up 2-0
1 – Big Chance by Joel Campbell in the second half
3 – Shots by Ramsey in the match (led Arsenal)
0 – Shots by Ramsey in the first half
52 – Passes by Ramsey (led Arsenal)
9 – Final third passes by Ramsey, third best on Arsenal, behind Özil, and Koscielny (mostly long balls!)
1 – Chance created by Ramsey (a sideways pass just outside the center circle)
4 – Dribbles by Ramsey (led Arsenal)**
13 – Ball recoveries by Ramsey (led Arsenal)
1 – Tackle by Ramsey (Ozil led Arsenal with 4/5 tackles, Walcott was 2nd with 3/5)
4 – Interceptions by Ramsey (2nd on Arsenal behind Koscielny’s 7)
2 – Fouls committed by Ramsey (led Arsenal)
3 – Fouls suffered by Ramsey (led Arsenal)
0 – Chance that Ramsey was going to “sit deep” and “protect” for 90 minutes, though he sort of managed for 45!
100 – Percent chance that this is what makes people crazy about Ramsey’s playing style

http://news.arseblog.com/2015/12/arsenal-2-1-man-city-by-the-numbers/

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:42 am

City certainly dint dominate anything Laughing

I thought Arsenal created more clear cut chances.Were the more assured team in defense.Looked more likely to score each time they had the ball.
It was an extremely comfortable game for Arsenal up until the last 10 mins or so.Anyone would've be stupid to deny it.

This is the kind of damage this possession /stat era has done to football.
Don't watch the game, whoscored will watch it for you (:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:57 pm

Couldn't be any more prouder of Arsenal. Ozil is in different level and Theo goal was just fantastic. Joel has been one of the best signing of the season, must start every game.
I dont care who contaminated who, we got 3 huge points. We all have seen Arsenal dominate games and lose before.

Ramsey could have easily had a hattrick and Joel should have scored.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:47 am

Love how Ian wright still calls Arsene, Boss :bow: :bow: :bow:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:19 pm

You see Nasri at 3:40? rofl
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4