Ultimate Manager Death Match - Premier League 2016/17

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Ultimate Manager Death Match - Premier League 2016/17

Post by Hapless_Hans on Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:12 pm

UPDATE

Did you know? According to Mourinho, Klopp's Liverpool aren't the "last wonder of the world"? That's why holding them at 0:0 was such a great achievement, because logic.

Anyway.

Games played
Arsenal - Liverpool 3-4
Spurs - Liverpool 1-1
Man United - Man City 1-2
Chelsea - Liverpool 1-2
Arsenal - Chelsea 3-0
Spurs - City 2-0
Liverpool - Man United 0-0

Standings

Klopp 8 points 4 games
Poch 4 points 2 games
Pep 3 points 2 games
Wenger 3 points 2 games
Jose 1 points 2 games
Conte 0 points 2 games

Standings translated into a points per game table
1. Klopp 2 ppg
Poch 2 ppg
3. Pep 1.5 ppg
Wenger 1.5 ppg
5. José 0.5 ppg
6. Conte 0 ppg


Last edited by Hapless_Hans on Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hapless_Hans
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 19571
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Ultimate Manager Death Match - Premier League 2016/17

Post by Sri on Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:15 pm

At least add points per game as a metric. Hate having to do such intense math across that table Razz
avatar
Sri
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 13638
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Ultimate Manager Death Match - Premier League 2016/17

Post by Hapless_Hans on Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:17 pm

Was just adding that while you were complaining ffs

Always complaining and not 2 minutes patience

_________________
avatar
Hapless_Hans
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Bayern Munich
Posts : 19571
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Ultimate Manager Death Match - Premier League 2016/17

Post by Lucifer on Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:22 pm

Sri needs to get laid asap if u ask me.
avatar
Lucifer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 5692
Join date : 2015-06-16
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: Ultimate Manager Death Match - Premier League 2016/17

Post by Sri on Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:22 pm

Lucifer wrote:Sri needs to get laid asap if u ask me.
When you coming over Lucy?
avatar
Sri
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 13638
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Ultimate Manager Death Match - Premier League 2016/17

Post by Sri on Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:23 pm

Wanna VR and chill?
avatar
Sri
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 13638
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Ultimate Manager Death Match - Premier League 2016/17

Post by Sri on Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:23 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Was just adding that while you were complaining ffs

Always complaining and not 2 minutes patience
Just like you blatantly ignored my posts on page 2? :coffee:
avatar
Sri
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 13638
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Ultimate Manager Death Match - Premier League 2016/17

Post by Hapless_Hans on Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:36 pm

I addressed all your questions compehensively with my first, and second, answer. No need to answer to repetitive inquiries.

Also, would you really still want Ranieri to be part of this? That wouldn't be right and I think it has become clear now why.

_________________
avatar
Hapless_Hans
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Bayern Munich
Posts : 19571
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Ultimate Manager Death Match - Premier League 2016/17

Post by Lucifer on Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:43 pm

Back off Sri imo.
avatar
Lucifer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 5692
Join date : 2015-06-16
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: Ultimate Manager Death Match - Premier League 2016/17

Post by Sri on Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:52 pm

Lucifer wrote:Back off, Sri, imo.
or
Lucifer wrote:Back off Sri, imo.


hmm
avatar
Sri
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 13638
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Ultimate Manager Death Match - Premier League 2016/17

Post by Sri on Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:53 pm

Sri wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:I explained before why Ranieri isn't included. I can explain again. After that, I'll expect the incessant questioning and second guessing of my design to stop.

This is a match between the hyped big name managers of the Prem.
Ranieri is too much of a grand-dadly, honorable gentleman that I would want him involved in this circus.
Besides, his managerial achievement of last season is beyond competition and it wouldn't do justice to this achievement, and neither the man, to have him sit at the end of this table, as he surely would. Leicester won't win many games against top teams this season. It's not a fair contest.

All right?
Moving on then.


I find much fallacy and delusion in this post. So, as a forum of the posters, by the posters, and for the posters, I expect the incessant questioning and second guessing of your design to continue. This is no authoritarian regime.

Here are the Arsene-specific points, at the risk of nitpicking:

- Wenger is not 'hyped'. He's got 20 years at the top level. None of the others have matched that (yet). Mou and Klopp have already had their turns finishing mid-table. Pep is an exception(al manager). If 'hype' is your criteria, then Wenger shouldn't be on that list. Nobody is 'hyped' about Arsenal or Wenger. At best, realistically, we'll finish second or third.

- Wenger is also a grand-dadly and honorable gentleman. Heck, he's probably the only non-arrogant manager in that list. Klopp is also down to earth, but neither have ever publicly thrown their players under the bus - that is just one possbile measure of being gentlemanly. And in fact, Wenger is so much of a granddad that I find him to be a dinosaur, past his sell by date, and incapable of winning any major honors with his stubbornness and unwillingness to change.

Though I do not agree with your reasons, based on the first six game weeks, I can agree on the choice of the managers in the list. It would still be interesting to have the likes of Koeman and Rainieri in the pool, but I see the risk that it ends up becoming a case of statpadding.

I am still unconvinced by your (lack of) argument(s) on why away wins should not get more credit. :coffee:


@Hans :coffee:
avatar
Sri
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 13638
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Ultimate Manager Death Match - Premier League 2016/17

Post by Glory on Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:26 pm

LvG would have walked this league tbh. His record against the big teams was unreal. He was basically the king of Liverpool :bow: Laughing
With mou I dont have much hope. He is a pussy who will only look to save his ass first. I can see us finishing in mid to low table in this death league.

Anyway incredible thread mate Hansy. Thumbs up
avatar
Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 5125
Join date : 2013-07-18
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: Ultimate Manager Death Match - Premier League 2016/17

Post by Hapless_Hans on Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:49 am

Games played
Arsenal - Liverpool 3-4
Spurs - Liverpool 1-1
Man United - Man City 1-2
Chelsea - Liverpool 1-2
Arsenal - Chelsea 3-0
Spurs - City 2-0
Liverpool - Man United 0-0
Chelsea - Man United 4-0


Standings

Klopp 8 points 4 games
Poch 4 points 2 games
Pep 3 points 2 games
Wenger 3 points 2 games
Conte 3 points 3 games
Jose 1 points 3 games


Standings translated into a points per game table
1. Klopp   2 ppg
  Poch    2 ppg
3. Pep     1.5 ppg
  Wenger 1.5 ppg
5. Conte  1 ppg
6. José    0.33 ppg



Cup Matches

Liverpool vs Tottenham (EFL cup last 16) 2-1
Man United - Man City (" " " ") 1-0

José  1 win  1 game
Klopp 1 win 1 game
Pep 0 wins 1 game
Poch 0 wins 1 game

_________________
avatar
Hapless_Hans
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Bayern Munich
Posts : 19571
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Ultimate Manager Death Match - Premier League 2016/17

Post by Sri on Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:07 am

Nice touch with the cup games Hans Thumbs up
avatar
Sri
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 13638
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Ultimate Manager Death Match - Premier League 2016/17

Post by Hapless_Hans on Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:58 am

Sri wrote:Nice touch with the cup games Hans Thumbs up


Too late to come crawling now

_________________
avatar
Hapless_Hans
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Bayern Munich
Posts : 19571
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Ultimate Manager Death Match - Premier League 2016/17

Post by Sri on Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:03 pm

My earlier critique still remains unanswered.

Learn to accept a compliment when you get one. :coffee:
avatar
Sri
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 13638
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Ultimate Manager Death Match - Premier League 2016/17

Post by Sri on Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:04 pm

Sri wrote:
Sri wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:I explained before why Ranieri isn't included. I can explain again. After that, I'll expect the incessant questioning and second guessing of my design to stop.

This is a match between the hyped big name managers of the Prem.
Ranieri is too much of a grand-dadly, honorable gentleman that I would want him involved in this circus.
Besides, his managerial achievement of last season is beyond competition and it wouldn't do justice to this achievement, and neither the man, to have him sit at the end of this table, as he surely would. Leicester won't win many games against top teams this season. It's not a fair contest.

All right?
Moving on then.


I find much fallacy and delusion in this post. So, as a forum of the posters, by the posters, and for the posters, I expect the incessant questioning and second guessing of your design to continue. This is no authoritarian regime.

Here are the Arsene-specific points, at the risk of nitpicking:

- Wenger is not 'hyped'. He's got 20 years at the top level. None of the others have matched that (yet). Mou and Klopp have already had their turns finishing mid-table. Pep is an exception(al manager). If 'hype' is your criteria, then Wenger shouldn't be on that list. Nobody is 'hyped' about Arsenal or Wenger. At best, realistically, we'll finish second or third.

- Wenger is also a grand-dadly and honorable gentleman. Heck, he's probably the only non-arrogant manager in that list. Klopp is also down to earth, but neither have ever publicly thrown their players under the bus - that is just one possbile measure of being gentlemanly. And in fact, Wenger is so much of a granddad that I find him to be a dinosaur, past his sell by date, and incapable of winning any major honors with his stubbornness and unwillingness to change.

Though I do not agree with your reasons, based on the first six game weeks, I can agree on the choice of the managers in the list. It would still be interesting to have the likes of Koeman and Rainieri in the pool, but I see the risk that it ends up becoming a case of statpadding.

I am still unconvinced by your (lack of) argument(s) on why away wins should not get more credit. :coffee:


@Hans :coffee:


:coffee:
avatar
Sri
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 13638
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Ultimate Manager Death Match - Premier League 2016/17

Post by Hapless_Hans on Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:05 pm

Sri wrote:Nice touch with the cup games Hans Thumbs up


Thanks my friend

_________________
avatar
Hapless_Hans
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Bayern Munich
Posts : 19571
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Ultimate Manager Death Match - Premier League 2016/17

Post by Sri on Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:14 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Too late to come crawling now
:coffee:
avatar
Sri
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 13638
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Ultimate Manager Death Match - Premier League 2016/17

Post by Unique on Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:49 pm

Glory wrote:LvG would have walked this league tbh. His record against the big teams was unreal. He was basically the king of Liverpool :bow: Laughing
With mou I dont have much hope. He is a pussy who will only look to save his ass first. I can see us finishing in mid to low table in this death league.

Anyway incredible thread mate Hansy. Thumbs up
this is jose eco smile

_________________

avatar
Unique
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 8212
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 43

Back to top Go down

Re: Ultimate Manager Death Match - Premier League 2016/17

Post by Hapless_Hans on Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:23 pm

Games played
Arsenal - Liverpool 3-4
Spurs - Liverpool 1-1
Man United - Man City 1-2
Chelsea - Liverpool 1-2
Arsenal - Chelsea 3-0
Spurs - City 2-0
Liverpool - Man United 0-0
Chelsea - Man United 4-0
Arsenal - Tottenham 1-1
Man United - Arsenal 1-1
Chelsea - Tottenham 2-1


Standings

Klopp 8 points 4 games
Conte 6 points 4 games
Poch 5 points 4 games
Wenger 5 points 4 games
Pep 3 points 2 games
Jose 2 points 4 games


Standings translated into a points per game table
1. Klopp   2 ppg
2. Conte 1.5 ppg
Pep 1.5 ppgf
4. Poch    1.25 ppg
  Wenger 1.25 ppg
6. José    0.5 ppg

_________________
avatar
Hapless_Hans
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Bayern Munich
Posts : 19571
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Ultimate Manager Death Match - Premier League 2016/17

Post by RealGunner on Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:25 pm

In 2005, Jose would be at the top without a doubt.
avatar
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 73231
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Ultimate Manager Death Match - Premier League 2016/17

Post by Hapless_Hans on Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:28 pm

RealGunner wrote:In 2005, Jose would be at the top without a doubt.


In 2005 this list would contain only José and Wenger

_________________
avatar
Hapless_Hans
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Bayern Munich
Posts : 19571
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Ultimate Manager Death Match - Premier League 2016/17

Post by RealGunner on Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:28 pm

SAF too pls

avatar
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 73231
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Ultimate Manager Death Match - Premier League 2016/17

Post by Hapless_Hans on Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:31 pm

Yeah sure I meant from the ones here.
But ok, Jose would be topping an Jose-Wenger-SAF contest. Unless he was coaching 2005 United or Arsenal. Let' not forget what an incredible, and incredibly expensive, team Chelsea had assembled back then.

_________________
avatar
Hapless_Hans
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Bayern Munich
Posts : 19571
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Ultimate Manager Death Match - Premier League 2016/17

Post by Unique on Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:56 pm

completely forgot about this thread. so is my man klopp still king of the mini lge Very Happy

_________________

avatar
Unique
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 8212
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 43

Back to top Go down

Re: Ultimate Manager Death Match - Premier League 2016/17

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum