Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Frosinone - Milan  Empty Re: Frosinone - Milan

Post by Dante Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:19 pm

I love you Bacca Proud

Seems Miha shook them up during half time , big difference to the weak first half

pleasant response from Milan
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Diavolo Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:22 pm

How was that not a penalty..... Shocked
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:33 pm

Il Diavolo wrote:How was that not a penalty..... Shocked

tell me about it.. criminal decision by the ref there , it was beyond doubt a penalty . Weird since he was pretty close

anyway , can't stress how satisfied i am with how we stepped unto the pitch in the second half . These games build up the mentality of a team , noticeably improved approach in both mentality and tactical play , there' actual conviction into our play , nice

wonder what Sinisterovic said to them during the break Proud
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Diavolo Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:38 pm

1-3 ALEXXX.

The second half has been beautiful to watch .
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:41 pm

it's like watching a different team tbh

1-3 , came from behind , add the clear peno that wasn't given and Honda's ridiculously missed chance .

Literally night and day from the failure that was the first half Laughing
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Diavolo Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:43 pm

well then... i think we successfully jinxed that.
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:47 pm

Laughing

oh well , still doesn't ruin the bigger picture in the 2nd half . Set piece is a set piece , sometimes you just concede . Caught off guard it seems
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Diavolo Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:53 pm

And Jack puts it to bed. 4 goals in the second half!
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:57 pm

Great win, lets hope we keep this momentum up now.

Jack Proud
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:00 pm

stream froze and missed everything in the last minutes FML

Jack is having his best season easily

Glad and pleased with how we recovered and answered back in the 2nd half . Still , our entire play and approach during the first half was atrocious and i dare say felt casual . Can't be that careless , thankfully they woke up

can't wait to see Jack's goal , stream ffs
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:28 pm

Honda, Jack, Bertolacci, and Bacca were the best players today. Jack is easily the best player on our team.

Wonder what Mihajlovic said at half time. Laughing He really fired up the players what a fantastic response.

Last edited by Casciavit on Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookie Monster Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:38 pm

http://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2015/12/20/frosinone-vs-ac-milan-highlights/

Highlights and full match for anyone interested.
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:44 pm

thanks for the link , will actually keep this one , will be of real use if/when i happen to miss games .

Don't really know where to start with this one . Been a while i saw such a particularly contrasted match , 1st and 2nd half felt like night and day in comparison.

Really positive turn of events , at least that win salvaged something from the ridiculously dropped points in the last 2 games . We ought to have done much better than 5 points in these particular 3 league games , but we must do with it now. What's important is that we seem to be actually working on our issues and for that , i am glad and won't dwell on our flaws and such all that much.

Sinisterovic has been making progress with the team and it shows -amidst the fog of our limited quality - even if results weren't there as often as is necessary for Milan . He's been pretty quiet during times of criticism and does his talking with bringing results home and adding traits to our game , integrating young talent , reminding some of our players that they have a pair of balls too. Surprisingly , although not with consistency , i notice he has been making the team believe they can strike a punch , even when they play piss poor . Doesn't always pay off of course , but it's clear we've almost moved on from Inzaghi's Milan and the massive issues that went with it.

This game gave me a lot of hope with regards to the team actually striving to improve and achieve progress , if i am honest ; not necessarily for the 4 goals away , which is in any case quite something for us anyway when i remember how poor results/performances have been away , but for how impressively we reacted to the really poor first half . I am really , truly pleased with the team and Mihajlovic . I saw conviction , in passes , in movements , in taking shots , in pretty much everything , something that was nowhere to be found 1st half. Or in the last 2 games in the league.

When Poli doesn't do Poli things during clutch moments in a game , but instead keeps calm , is focused and finally assists the final goal which secures the game , you just know this team is making some progress , at last ! Frosinone wasn't as neat in defense the 2nd half , however Milan pushed hard for this to show and i think nobody at Frosinone will be complaining ; we fully earned this win and the team deserves some praise for once . If anything , for all the effort they have been showing . We still have tons of room for improvement , yet last two games where particularly positive , showing Sinisterovic and team do all they can to win and improve .

Here's hoping for a much better 2nd half of the season . Milan currently is still a team of limited quality with serious flaws , but i can't say we're not giving it our best to improve , which i did last season . And may i add , i see potential in the team now , granted reinforcements are as relevant and necessary as ever , but yeah , potential is there , something i also didn't particularly see , or believed in , last season .

Overall , not fully pleased from our first half of the season , but not lost all hope like with seasons past. There's improvement , we have a few players we can build a team around , 2016 may well be a good year yet .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:11 pm

If only we had won against Carpi and Hellas, we would have been on the same points as Roma and four away from the top

Being 8 points off the top after the poor first half of the season we had isn't too bad. I wouldn't write off our chances of CL qualification just yet. All we need is a strong second half of the season
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:45 pm

Well, at least we have all the big games at home (bar Napoli) in the 2nd half of the season. I suppose if we do have any ambition of coming back to CL that we win these games.

However, right now, i don't see us winning those games. Not without quality reinforcements in Jan.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:59 pm

While returning in the CL is the major goal under Mihajlovic , i have to say i don't believe in it , not at the moment no . I do believe the team has improved and i do think we can progress much further and become a strong team again , especially but also necessarily with the right reinforcements , however it's pretty obvious to me we won't be making 3rd , let alone any better.

I was thinking more in terms of a securing our place into the Europa League . I admit and understand it's essentially wrong to write things off , but even though Milan has been making progress so far , i don't think we will eventually have what it takes to displace any of Roma , Inter or Napoli. Juventus i won't even include here because they are already a CL team , no point talking about them missing on it.

I think the 3 teams that will go into next season's CL are Napoli , Inter , Juventus , (no specific order) . Roma will likely finish 4th , with Milan or Fiorentina 5th . I think we will finish 5th this season and it won't be a bad place by any stretch , especially after the last two atrocious seasons . And unless our 2nd half of the season is meant to be absolutely insane , i do think we will deserve a 5th place finish and no more . We've yet to prove we are a better team than those above us.

As for our big games in the 2nd half of the season , they are of critical importance for the atmosphere in the team and forging their belief in themselves and for the fans as well . But the real road that leads to the CL isn't found between the top 5 , but all the rest below them .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:05 pm

Agreed Dante, CL is a pipe dream and will be until we buy 2-3 very good players, one of which must be a CM.

I think we have what it takes to beat the scrubs beneath us though, especially with this 4-4-2 that I'm liking more and more each game. Really gets the best out of Jack who is like Cas said the best player on our team and usually our best hope of winning any given game.

I was impressed with Abate in this game by the way, MDS should definitely be dropped in favor of him for the time being or at least played on the left like today.

I also was very happy to how we responded to the first goal, even if the goals didn't come until the second half. Don't think I've seen us pen a team back like that all season.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:12 pm

Is Honda still benched? Sad
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Diavolo Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:43 am

Abramovich wrote:Is Honda still benched? Sad

He started in this game and actually played well. But generally over the season he's been pretty meh. He's gotten a fair amount of chances IMO and hasn't really shown anything convincing.
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:13 pm

Cruijf wrote:Agreed Dante, CL is a pipe dream and will be until we buy 2-3 very good players, one of which must be a CM.

I think we have what it takes to beat the scrubs beneath us though, especially with this 4-4-2 that I'm liking more and more each game. Really gets the best out of Jack who is like Cas said the best player on our team and usually our best hope of winning any given game.

I was impressed with Abate in this game by the way, MDS should definitely be dropped in favor of him for the time being or at least played on the left like today.

I also was very happy to how we responded to the first goal, even if the goals didn't come until the second half. Don't think I've seen us pen a team back like that all season.

True , we haven't quite done anything like that all season , even against Sampdoria it wasn't the same thing . Let alone the fact we came from behind in the 2nd half , first in the season too . It was an important game really , they proved they have some conviction .

As for the 4-4-2 , i still can't believe it actually worked . Can't disagree with it tbh , team does way better and of course Jack is killing it as we all see . Offers depth , many of our limited quality players benefit from the simple play it dictates at times (and why even make things complicated anyway)

Must say my secret complain though , i really do miss a great 10 in Milan. A 4-2-3-1 with a great 10 could solve so much of our creative issues , especially all feeding Bacca . Dude would explode tbh

But yeah , whatever .. At least 4-4-2 allows Niang to develop positively and allows us to utilize our forwards better
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:05 pm

Its so confusing, if we are going for a 4-4-2, then why did we agree a precontract with Vazquez for next summer? Berlu clearly wants a 4-3-1-2, but the current personnel don't allow it
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:41 pm

It's probably Berlusconi at it once again , however i would like Vasquez in the team really. I will always welcome a good player , positions and formations and what not , there's always room for good players . A player like him is needed in the roster imho , regardless of the formation .

As for the 4-3-1-2 , it's like you said , we don't really have what it takes for it , it's not like it is a bad formation , like any other formation it has its strengths and weaknesses . Any formation is good when it best suits the team and that's that really .

This one in particular relies heavily on individualism , which isn't a bad thing in itself at all , it's only bad when you lack in said quality (:

I think Vasquez and with a really interesting CM we could have at least the midfield for it.. but it would still leave major question marks as far as the fullbacks go . There are some pretty valid reasons as to why this formation lost heavily in popularity and use for years now , wingless formation isn't recommended in today's football .

Particularly the fullbacks , the demands are extremely high of them in this formation , let alone the midfield it requires . And it's still better to go with 4-3-3 in the end , assuming proper positioning and positional play from the wingers . Easier , simpler , and most important of all , much more consistent .

Even if we had the fullbacks as well , good luck when they won't be playing . Damn , good luck even when they will be playing , ain't but a very select few fullbacks that will be better than most wingers in attack. In general lines let's hope there won't be any 4-3-1-2 short comings coming back to haunt us , weren't 4 seasons in a row enough , this one included? Lost count on how many seasons we started with 4-3-1-2 in mind solely because Berlusconi believes it the holy grail of formations , we fail -sometimes big- and then try to figure it out .

Someone really has to tell Berlusconi he would have to invest a lot to play proper 4-1-2-1-2 .. Vasquez won't quite cut it really Laughing
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:01 am

Too many games have passed since I last posted for me to give my thoughts on them all, I just wanted to say that months later I still haven't gotten over the fact that we let that 800 pound gorilla Ciofani stroll through the centre of our defence like Moses parting the Red Sea. Laughing
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down