Sacked

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sacked

Post by Nedved on Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:21 pm

This word that is used more often than any word or coach in madrid history deserves a separate thread :facepalm:
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Private

Back to top Go down

Re: Sacked

Post by sk3ptical on Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:40 pm

madrid going coach hunting :fishing:

Prospect

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by vanDEEZ on Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:55 am

Good riddance. If I had to watch one more match of his idiotic line-ups, rotations and tactics I was going to be sick.
vanDEEZ
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci on Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:30 pm

Retired from watching Madrid after the PSG game. Horrible to watch Madrid under Benitez.

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:37 pm

I feel so so glad, relieved and satisfied that he's gone. Best sacking decision we've made since Mourinho.

Another 5-0-5 and I would've gotten a heart attack.

The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza on Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:39 pm

@LeVersacci wrote:Retired from watching Madrid after the PSG game. Horrible to watch Madrid under Benitez.

Not really under Benitez. But the entire 2015 was shit. The last half of Ancelotti's last season was horrible. We choked so badly and played like shit after the winstreak. After that Milan friendly we basically died.

World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci on Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:59 pm

Yeah it was really shit at the end of Ancelotti but I simply couldn't watch Madrid anymore during Benitez spell.

It was the same with Mou's last season. Just unwatchable.

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill on Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:59 pm

This comment is all hindsight.

Remember Xabi saying he wouldn't renew until he knew who new coach would be? He went on to explain that there was no way he would play for Benitez again (Benitez was rumoured at that time to be the possible replacement for Mourinho). Xabi complained about Benitez man management. Flo should have recalled that conversation!!!!!
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 on Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:26 pm

Xabi left (from what i have read) because he was not happy with how we kept selling our players and i remember him mentioning it at some point. Some also say that he was told his playingtime would decrease when Kroos came. He left after our LaDecima Carlo was staying firmly in the Madrid hotseat. It was nothing to do with the coach it was due to sporting reasons
halamadrid2
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill on Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:13 pm

No no, I'm talking earlier, when club finally got him to renew. Mourinho was on his way out and Benitez was rumoured. Xabi who had played for him before, basically wanted nothing more to do with him and said he wouldn't renew. Club got him to renew by telling him, Benitez would not be the new coach. All this was before they went after Kroos.
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 on Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:31 pm

Oh back then. Not sure but i did read something about him and Benitez then yes. I dont know what Rafa says to players for them to hate him so much. I mean nearly everyone were alright with him including players who had been benched such as Kroos, Carvajal and Varane. The others who fought with him probably saw a chance to criticise him for not playing them which is immature and silly but his track record is somewhat dodgy.
halamadrid2
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill on Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:43 pm

It's been reported that Benitez hardly speaks to the players. With Xabi, Benitez openly went looking for an alternative to Xabi when Xabi was at the top of his game. Xabi took that as a huge slap in the face.

With Madrid, a lot of it has to do with playing time and what he has said or not about players.

I don't know what players were alright with him. We do know that Carvajal, Ramos, Arbeloa, James, Isco, Benz, Ronaldo, Denis all had issues with him and we don't really know what the others were thinking.
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 on Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:55 pm

Not sure Carvajal and Arbeloa had issues with him but the others sound correct.

If it is due to Rafa's nature of not speaking to the players then i could kind of understand it but only the "cocky" guys like Ronaldo, Ramos, Jese and James had the most problem with him. Isco and Benz were somewhat unnexpected. The others i totally understand. Ronaldo was unhappy he wasnt called the best an Ramos was unhappy Rafa criticised his mistake etc etc

Rafa's job was made 10x harder before he even arrived. Dude got on the wrong foot from the get go with the whole "ill build the team around Bale" quote. But that says more about the influence of players than about his lack of man management
halamadrid2
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill on Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:41 pm

@ hala, i don't know if it necessarily has to do with what he says to them. rafa is considered meticulous (i use the word 'considered', cos i saw nothing meticulous about our system with him), and a lot of these players, hate being told what to do. those same players, cristiano, ramos didn't get along with mourinho. jese's issues had to do with playing time, he also had a fit with carlo when carlo wanted to bring him on with like 30 seconds left on the game. in this instance the player coach relations was like night and day, compared to what they had with carlo, who kinda just let them play, and tweaked little things here and there

based on what his former players have said, rafa does have poor man mgt skills, but i'm not so sure that was the issue here. it was just a mixture of things. isco and benzema was primarily playing time; benzema realized regardless how good he plays, he will be the first one subbed out of the front 3

i agree his job was 10x harder before he arrived, but i think a large part was the players love for ancelotti. and ancelotti had some massive mess ups last season, but the fact the players had someone they trusted covered the cracks....btw the players haven't had problems with ancelotti nor pellegrini, who approach managing a little different from rafa and mourinho, that tells me its not just the personality of the coach but also the players

and cristiano gives ferguson his respect cos ferguson practically created and moulded him
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 on Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:47 am

I agree. Some of the players need to be molly coddled for it to be smooth in the dressing room. Mourinho already found out what players not to piss off (Iker, Ramos and Ronaldo) if he didnt want to lose the dressing room. Even if James, Benz and Isco had problems with him but Ronaldo/Ramos didnt nobody would have cared because they dont carry that much influence. They are the only two players that held the club in a grip to get the money they wanted when other players were told to shut up or get sold. Too much influence and Rafa's lack of licking their rear is what lost him the dressing room. I mean Ramos went berserk when he was told he made a mistake vs Atleti when everyone and their pets know he did and shouldve been ashamed of it. No wonder he regresses
halamadrid2
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 on Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:18 pm

that why fans shouldn't be selective then they boo players, cause if they gave cr and ramos a earful in more games benching them would be easier no?

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:00 pm

He wasn't sacked for his poor man management alone. That might've been one of the little reasons, but the big picture is slightly more complicated than having two seething heavyweights in the dressing room. The fact is, had he won and kept on winning, he wouldn't have been sacked. But he didn't win, not even once, against the big sides. And it's not like he was unlucky or anything - he made us play cringe-worthy, nauseating, hair-pull-worthy football. He failed to adapt to our attacking style, and he failed to excel in the defensive side of things. Defensive coach my velvety behind, We leaked goals like water. He failed in every single department.

But here's the thing, I don't blame him. He jumped at the chance of managing Real Madrid. And why wouldn't he? It's every coach's dream. We all expected him to be like this. He's not elite and everybody knew he wasn't fit to manage the most demanding club in the world. So really, I don't blame him.

No, I blame that idiot upstairs who hired him in the first place.

The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill on Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:17 pm

agree with @the demon,it was a combination of things; man mgt, results (Especially lack thereof over big sides), structure (if results aren't forth coming and u still don't know your best in january it implies no structure), and also players- whether we like it or not, the players go out to play; rafa was garbage, but the players did little to hide that fact. tactics could have affected their play, but even with carlo we weren't anything special imo even before the injuries.

i understand rafa's sacking, i wanted him out too, and the way rival fans are defending him, makes me a little more comfortable with the decision...i'm not sure i like how it was handled. if its true that he wasn't informed until they were about presenting zidane, then that's tacky. florentino should be able to look the man in the eye and give him the respect of telling him its over face to face. its just common courtesy.
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill on Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:12 pm

I doubt it Tito. There was almost a full day after we heard Benitez had been dismissed before anything about Zidane surfaced.
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 on Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:22 pm

Madrid always gonna Madrid

Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill on Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:41 pm

@futbol_bill "What's more, he hadn't even been informed that he was getting the axe on Monday afternoon while Zinedine Zidane was at the Bernabéu finalising the details of his appointment. Benítez found out about his fate through the press, which was a real kick in the teeth". that's marca, who are usually pro florentino. if AS had published that, i may not have taken it seriously

http://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2016/01/06/568cf4ffe2704e8d6b8b4572.html
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top