Sri
Lucifer
RealGunner
15 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Liverpool Vs Arsenal - Page 4 Empty Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal

Post by Sina Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:34 am

still when we were conceding those early goals i didnt see it in us to come back twice so thats positive on its own

Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:48 am

I came away with a bit less negativity than a lot of Gooners here, I think.

Let me be clear. The team shouldn't have allowed three goals, and definitely not that last one. Our guys dropped two points for sure, and this is a match that a title contending team would hope to win. Certainly when it was 3-2 with just minutes left to play.

But still. A point at Anfield, and still top of the table. It could be worse. A lot worse. Arsenal missed a chance to widen the gap, but leading the league is nothing to sneeze at. You can't say we don't "deserve" it if 19 other teams at the same stage are below us.

Ox - it's so depressing to see how his development has stalled. I hope / can't wait to see him kickstart it again and become the player we've really hoped for.

Campbell - frankly I was just starting to give up on him having a career at Arsenal but he's sure taken his chance and proven me & other skeptics wrong. I'm glad. Maybe he'll make it at the club long term, maybe he won't, but still, for now, he's performing quite well. Bravo.

Giroud - prime of his career, good form, scoring a goal that was a bit Bergkampesque. He's not that "elite" striker we all would like, but he's also far from a scrub--and isn't it a nice time for him to be operating in Peak Giroud Mode?
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:23 am

Our midfield was inexistent.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:13 am

Well Ramsey keeps bombing forward which is great for our attack but leaves the midfield empty. Campbell had to keep sprinting back to compensate. His defensive workrate is incredible. Too bad we don't get the same on the other side.

This Walcott LW experiment has to finish. Sure he scored a great goal against City cutting in from the left but other then that, has not offered anything.

Also, the whole Gibbs on LW sub to strengthen the defense. I don't think this ever works. We lose our ability to keep the ball in midfield. I also never see him sprint very hard for someone who's supposed to be fresh. He played better as a starter at LB against Sunderland then anytime at LW,

Also happy with the 1 point. This is Liverpool, at Anfield - a tough fixture. Our players looked very tired after 60 minutes, especially Ozil, Ramsey and Campbell. Just disappointed we didn't test their frail centre backs more.

And Giroud once again proving the doubters wrong banana banana banana
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:21 am

The latest By The Numbers article does a good job of illustrating where the problem lies atm:

http://arseblog.com/2016/01/liverpool-3-3-arsenal-late-frustration-at-anfield-again/

Ramsey isn't a CM. He doesn't play like a CM, and doesn't do the job of a CM, especially not in a two-man central midfield. Great, he can score goals, but at the cost of leaving his midfield partner isolated. Doesn't matter who you have playing DM, they're going to struggle without help.

More than that, Ramsey isn't a great passer of the ball. Through balls are one thing, but he's way behind Cazorla in how he uses the ball.

I think it's significant that since returning to CM, Ramsey's own stats have improved but the overall team stats has actually gotten worse. He's a selfish player in how he constantly abandons his midfield partners; how, in the final period of the game where we need him to be sitting, he's using all his energy to make forward runs on the counter.

I have a hard time believing Wenger doesn't notice this and expect Ramsey will go straight back to the wings when Cazorla comes back.

Also starting to think Walcott should only play CF now. He's too limited a player to play on the wings now. Alexis-Ozil-Campbell/Ramsey looks our best combination there.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:28 pm

Problem is also that there's nobody else who can play the CM role right now - thanks to injuries.

The alternative would be a Flarterta and we know how that ends.

What is required is Ramsey to be more disciplined, especially away - but he doesn't do that.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:34 pm

We have Elneny now, at least. It might be a bit much to expect him to slot in right away and perform but he's an option. Chambers is another we can use more, as someone who's a good passer of the ball.

It should depend on the game but for difficult away games I'd prefer a tighter CM combo. For some home games you can get away with Ramsey at CM. In fact against teams that park it his runs would be more useful than a sitter.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:33 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:The latest By The Numbers article does a good job of illustrating where the problem lies atm:

http://arseblog.com/2016/01/liverpool-3-3-arsenal-late-frustration-at-anfield-again/

Ramsey isn't a CM. He doesn't play like a CM, and doesn't do the job of a CM, especially not in a two-man central midfield. Great, he can score goals, but at the cost of leaving his midfield partner isolated. Doesn't matter who you have playing DM, they're going to struggle without help.

More than that, Ramsey isn't a great passer of the ball. Through balls are one thing, but he's way behind Cazorla in how he uses the ball.

I think it's significant that since returning to CM, Ramsey's own stats have improved but the overall team stats has actually gotten worse. He's a selfish player in how he constantly abandons his midfield partners; how, in the final period of the game where we need him to be sitting, he's using all his energy to make forward runs on the counter.

I have a hard time believing Wenger doesn't notice this and expect Ramsey will go straight back to the wings when Cazorla comes back.

Also starting to think Walcott should only play CF now. He's too limited a player to play on the wings now. Alexis-Ozil-Campbell/Ramsey looks our best combination there.

Called this about a few weeks ago.

I love and appreciate Ramsey's industry and energy, but I'd rather taking an inconsistent controlling Cazorla over an adventurous Ramsey.

Ramsey needs to sit as soon as Cazorla or Jack comes back. Theo needs to sit atm. I don't know what's up with the guy it's like he's completely forgotten or intentionally dismissed the quality of being a winger/playing outwide. Dude brings nothing from that position all he does is try to make and get on the end of runs. And that's all.

Alexis can't come back any sooner imo. The way this midfield is looking atm I hope Elneny doesn't take long to settle in and make a mark if it does come to that eventually.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:27 pm

with a good keeper Liverpool would have won this game cheers
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:29 pm

Sure.

With Santi, we'd have steamrolled you.

Can go on and on with them ifs and buts.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:35 pm

srigooner wrote:Sure.

With Santi, we'd have steamrolled you.

Can go on and on with them ifs and buts.
true. but over all arsenal should be happy with a point. Liverpool were the better team on the day and 2 mistakes by the keeper cost us 2 poor goals. the funny thing is the long ball up to OG was working well for you then you got done by the same ball to benteke.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:59 pm

All of our 3 goals were avoidable as well.

Ifs and buts

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:24 pm

Also one of Pool's goals was a 20 yard screamer that doesn't go in on another day. So yeah, ifs but and maybes. Point is probably a fair result in the end.

And yes, Walcott should ride the bench for a while once Alexis is back, purely on form. Even if Alexis isn't quite ready yet I'd stick Ramsey there and Elneny straight into CM.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:28 pm

RealGunner wrote:All of our 3 goals were avoidable as well.

Ifs and buts

all goals can be avoided. but ours were more soft than yours tbh.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:42 am

Unique wrote:
RealGunner wrote:All of our 3 goals were avoidable as well.

Ifs and buts

all goals can be avoided. but ours were more soft than yours tbh.

Puh. Move on buddy.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4