futbol_bill
titosantill
Mr Nick09
The Demon of Carthage
hrealmadrid
24 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What's the problem with James? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's the problem with James?

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:41 pm

Correction:

1) Zidane tells both to get up
2) James is taking his time, Jese has to point out to him to get up along with Zidane
3) Aftee Jese goes in, sits back down when he has been asked to warm up
4) Zidane explains to James why he is unhappy gesticulating with his arm of his intentions
5) James looks visibly angry, kind of like how i looked as a kid when my parents explained to me i could not play video games
6) Couple this with his treatment of Benitez and you opt against giving him the benefit of doubt

And whats this Isco unprofessional i am hearing?? The fact that he laughed on the bench? Or that he was too quite and didnt speak out when he was benched? Isco is a model and honest professional and human being

Granted the media have created a mountain of a molehill with this whole incident. This would not have been reported last year but there is nothing negative to write about yet so attacking players is the best way to sell papers. James has just made their lives really simple by giving them the ammunitoon

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

What's the problem with James? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's the problem with James?

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:17 pm

I honestly fail to see the problem here. What's our main goal? Is it to win and play well or is it to play X or Y? Are we looking for the best for Real Madrid or the best for X or Y? Are we football fans or babysitters? We really need to stop and think about that for a second. Because right now, most of us aren't thinking clearly and our priorities seem to have shifted.

Here's how I look at things: If the manager is playing well and winning, I have nothing to complain about. When he stops winning and/or doesn't play well/or picks Danilo, I'll be the first in line to rip him to shreds.

Z so far has done two mistakes: play James at LCM and Kova at RW. Something like that inevitably harms the team and he was lucky we were already 5-0 up and against a modest team when he did that.

Granted, Z's job is to make sure to get the best out of everybody. So far he hasn't done that with James. Is he a manager with no plan B? Is he unable to get the best out of everybody? We'll see.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:15 pm

"James is going to shine in what remains of the season". This is the phrase that can be heard around Valdebebas right now, where the Real Madrid heart beats and Zinedine Zidane has been re-energising everyone for the last three weeks. His team, and in particular James Rodríguez.

The Colombian is thankful for the mini-preseason that Zidane and his helpers have given the 'Los Blancos' squad over the last three weeks. The plan has been designed to have the team in shape for the game against Espanyol. Although it is something that, as MARCA has reported, should bear fruits further down the line, when the demands of the Champions League will require Madrid to put in the extra effort that has been saved during January as a result of the Denis Cheryshev scenario.

For James, after a season plagued with setbacks, these intensive weeks were just what the doctor ordered. A phase that according to Zidane and his backroom staff, the Colombian has come through with flying colours. James is now at the same level as the rest of the group. The number 10 is also following a personalised plan adapted to his characteristics both as a footballer and from a positional point of view
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ronalessi Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:47 pm

JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMES
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:09 am

Answer to the topic: Nothing!

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:15 am

I believe i have said it somewhere on this forum before; If there is one player on this team that has strong balon d'or potentials, it is james. The others - bale and benzema need Ronaldo to leave this team before they can show what they are truly made of, but James has the quality to compete for the trophy even with ronaldo as his teammate.
The only time i doubted his quality was his first few games for madrid; we all did. We were all hurt by Di maria's sale and anyone who was going to replace him had to be phenomenal.
Isco and modric remain my favorite players but james' got it in him.

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:38 am

shadexticos wrote:Answer to the topic: Nothing!

Not the answer. Clearly this is proving to be a poor season from the Colombian. Let's see if he stays this summer, I hope so but I don't know if he will.
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:43 pm

There is talk here that keeps coming back is the Columbian likes to party!!!!

I can't really figure him out. He played so called out of position last year and looked good. He even looked good playing for his NT this season. This year he looked out of shape, disinterested, upset, disconnected, like he is missing some basic skills, unmovivated, lost, etc, etc.

He does have the same issue as Isco (an AM trying to play a CM role), but it is very obvious that Zidane choses Isco when he wants to sub one of them in.

I believe the only issue to him staying or leaving this summer is noone will pay anywhere close to the price that was paid for him!!!!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:02 pm

I think it's comparable to bad marriage. It's time to move on. Excellent player but not fit for our game. He deserves to get a team built around him.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:54 pm

futbol_bill wrote:There is talk here that keeps coming back is the Columbian likes to party!!!!

I can't really figure him out. He played so called out of position last year and looked good. He even looked good playing for his NT this season. This year he looked out of shape, disinterested, upset, disconnected, like he is missing some basic skills, unmovivated, lost, etc, etc.

He does have the same issue as Isco (an AM trying to play a CM role), but it is very obvious that Zidane choses Isco when he wants to sub one of them in.

I believe the only issue to him staying or leaving this summer is noone will pay anywhere close to the price that was paid for him!!!!
futbol_bill wrote:There is talk here that keeps coming back is the Columbian likes to party!!!!

Well for me it keeps coming back to attitude and that payrise he wants that he doesn't deserve. Who the hell asks for a payrise after a trophyless season?

Mendes is his agent isn't he? also a factor. Never liked Jorge Mendes, he's half the reason Di Maria left us.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:18 pm

I think he needs to leave! he doesnt have the right attitude..When players find themselves in such precarious situation, i believe the smartest thing to do is to resume preseason early in order to increase theirs chances of playing their way into the team. One preseason match is enough to make or break a player.
Imagine a scenario where he returned early, plays 45 minutes and gives an absolute stunning performance, i believe the coach would be hard pressed to give him cotinuity....Versus the situation he finds himself where isco, asensio and even kovacic could put in a wonderful performance which would convince the coach to play them more at his expense.

He said he wants to convince the coach, but i believe the first step would have been to come back early from his holidays.
He made the same mistake last season, resumed late and lost his shirt.
He is threading the same path again.
He is such an incorrigible human being! he doesnt deserve a starting spot.

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:50 pm

I agree. Especially after such a poor showing in the Copa America. I was wondering why he hadn't joined up with the group a little earlier.

Again I'm not sure what was was spoken between James and Zidane, but unless he picks up his game he's just going to continue seeing more of the bench.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:02 pm

I definitely think he should've come back earlier because that shows dedication. All the ones who don't have a safe spot in the team or needed to convince the coach they deserve to stay came back early eg. Lucas, Morata and Kova. Heck even all of Marcelo, Navas, Kiko, Carvajal, Danilo and Casemiro came back early. Only the established starters are taking their full break + James which shows poor dedication by him. As Shade said him coming back on the 29th will set him faaaar back the pecking order and if we smash Sevilla without him then rip his RM career because barring any injuries ZZ will play those he trusts
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:23 pm

I think he's finished and enjoys getting a fat paycheck from the bench.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zees Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:05 pm

Didn't he train in Colombia with his old club to get fit for the season? not saying it compensates for him not coming early but it's at least something.
Zees
Zees
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:05 pm

That's as much of a training as Ramos jogging on the beach imo. It is ZZ he needs to convince not that colombian team.

Also I just read on Marca that Navas only had 4 days break after the season ended. At first it was forcasted that he would miss the start of the season but now it is reported that he will be back before the Super Cup. That's proper dedication. Doesn't James have a dodgy shoulder or was that all lies?
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:21 am

Don't think the shoulder is a lie, it's definitely tweaked. Happened at the Roma away game and again during Copa America. I'm guessing it's the same thing Ramos has going on with his shoulder.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:03 am

I guess my prediction would come to pass.
Asensio played the first match and everyone is already praising him - rightfully.

Before the match, i always saw asensio as a player with a James abilities but more.
He can do all James can do except shoot as good as him.
But he also has some qualities James lacks - speed, ability to get out of tight spaces with his dribbling skills and ability to play as a winger and not just a RCM or RM.

When you line James up on the right, you have a RCM or RM,
but when you line Asensio in that same position, you have a RCM, RM and a RW..
Two more good preseason performances from Asensio and James is losing his spot..

I had big hopes for James..at some point, i even predicted him to be the only player capable of breaking the messi Ronaldo duopoly..
Stupid player.

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:53 am

Yeah, Asensio's future is certainly as a right winger. Regarding James, he's a mercurial talent, a classic 10. He was great for Carlo on the right and in that LCM role but behind the striker he's deadly. I think that given a full season behind the striker he can bang 25-25 goals/assists. He's that good imo
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:22 pm

No one is arguing that he isn't that good. His attitude needs to change. This is Real Madrid, we have some of the best players in the world, but if you work hard you WILL get your chance

Lucas, Nacho, etc.

You know, even Benzema was in a similar situation with Pelegrini if you remember. What did he do with mou? Say what you want about mourinho and you're probably right but he lit a fire under karims ass. Now he is easily one of our most important players

Let's see if zidane will do the same
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:52 pm

I agree but I think that his poor form last season wasn't only due to his bad time with Rafa. He had been unplayable in the first game against Betis and I think that the injury killed his rhythm. He never got a run of games afterwards. Then the fans turned on him and that really killed his season. He's a confidence player, he needs to be loved. He reminds me of Dinho in that aspect. Like every artist out there, he needs a crowd.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:57 pm

It's more than attitude. He has to adapt how he plays to what the team needs... there is a middle ground there. So far, he either compromised too much and looked toothless or played excessively for himself.

We're playing James out of position, however. That's on us. Buying James to play CM is the height of stupidity.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:21 pm

lets face it, we cant have james on our team beyond one more season..even if he returns tk being james of 2 seasons ago, he is never goin to bench BBC and TLC Would keep caressing the pitch for at least 2 more seasons....pun intended
TLC - Toni kroos Luka modric Casemiro

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:07 pm

Valkyrja wrote:Yeah, Asensio's future is certainly as a right winger. Regarding James, he's a mercurial talent, a classic 10. He was great for Carlo on the right and in that LCM role but behind the striker he's deadly. I think that given a full season behind the striker he can bang 25-25 goals/assists. He's that good imo

When he played on the right hand side of the front three, he was good.

He was terrible and is always terrible playing as a central midfielder. Always losing the ball, poor movement and lacking the ability to get out of trouble when closed down.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:16 pm

Cyborg wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:Yeah, Asensio's future is certainly as a right winger. Regarding James, he's a mercurial talent, a classic 10. He was great for Carlo on the right and in that LCM role but behind the striker he's deadly. I think that given a full season behind the striker he can bang 25-25 goals/assists. He's that good imo

He was terrible and is always terrible playing as a central midfielder. Always losing the ball, poor movement and lacking the ability to get out of trouble when closed down.

You got all that by observing a rookie for 45 minutes in first friendly of training camp?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:32 pm

futbol_bill wrote:
Cyborg wrote:

You got all that by observing a rookie for 45 minutes in first friendly of training camp?

If it wasn't clear, I was commenting on James.

Asensio is great.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next