MJ
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
El Gunner
Sri
37 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 19 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by RealGunner Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:28 pm

That too

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 19 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Chumlum Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:43 pm

Purely for the sake of shooting the breeze, I could entertain this idea of a Nasri/Walcott swap.

- Man City get a homegrown guy who provides pace & directness and is still young enough to possibly be coached into a few very strong seasons as a forward. Theo gets a fresh start at a big club that have won trophies and have a chance at winning more.

- Arsenal get (back) an experienced, versatile, technical PL player who has demonstrated how well he works as a high-level rotation option in a trophy-winning squad. Nasri could return to the Emirates with a bit more perspective, even humility, and appreciate the role he can play at Arsenal in the last years of his prime.

It wouldn't happen obviously but you can see some ways it could benefit all involved.

What a Face
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:06 pm

Nasri would rather be bit part player under Pep than returning here(or he could be even more important than we think)

anyway we dont need him

more important positions that we need upgrades
basically spine of the team
GK sorted
CB/DM/CF still to.....
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:13 pm

Need a RW in Ribery mould. Need to bin Walcott asap.

unlike others I am willing to give Oxlade another year but his injuries never help his case.

Saul Niguez is a dream now. hakan calhanoglu wouldn't be bad.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:16 pm

The sad thing is that with the right framework or management the squad we have probably wouldn't really need a radical rebuild, just a few appropriate signings to supplement things. As it stands, with experienced players leaving, young players underperforming, and injury-prone players getting constantly injured ... a lot of us are thinking that we need a lot of upgrades, as Sina says, and yet few of us are expecting anything close to the overhaul that would seem appropriate.

Isn't it unfortunate, though, that none of the 'British core' have developed to the levels we'd hoped? I'm not a doomer here, nor am I saying they're all scrubs. A few of them have a season or two left to really kick it up and prove themselves. But out of Ox, Gibbs, Walcott, Jenks, and Wilshere, we've gotten a lot of disappointment. Chambers may be too soon to tell, but he's not blown up yet either. Even Ramsey, who IMO has hit the highest peaks for the longest stretches, is still inconsistent. Why have all of them fallen short of expectations? Same could be said for others, like Szczesny.

If even just two of these guys had developed up to their potential by now, I think we'd be singing a different tune.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:29 pm

Nasri?

Isco could be available, James Rodriguez could be available, Götze is available, Ben Arfa is a free agent. That's 3 or 4 better options just off the top of my head.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:36 pm

I'd be inclined to say that they haven't developed as hoped because they've all worked under Wenger who's last his touch at man management. He plays players in positions they aren't comfortable in and cultivates a number of bad habits among them.

Take Ramsey, for example. Wenger wants to play possession so he needs player who look after the ball well and who make quick decisions. Ramsey has all the passing ability in the world but dallies on the ball and is a turnover machine. In 12/13 when Ramsey came good Wenger told him to keep it simple, but what about since then? He's gone back to complicating things again. It's like after that one great season Wenger decided Ramsey should have free reign to do what he wants on the pitch, which just doesn't benefit the team.

What I see with guys like Ramsey, Wilshere, Chamberlain and even Walcott, are players that haven't been groomed to play in certain roles that suit the system. We still debate what the best positions for these guys are which is incredible considering how long they've all been at the club. How many times has Wenger changed his mind about their best positions? Walcott has gone from right wing, to striker, to right wing, back to striker, to "I don't even know what his best position is" Laughing He said Wilshere should be a 10, then a deep-lying midfielder, then a wide midfielder; Chamberlain a winger, then a CM, back to a winger.

Chambers will suffer the same fate, unfortunately. It's already happening; going from right back to centre back to centre mid, never getting a chance to settle in any role because he's just being used to fill in where we have shortages. This is a player we spent £15mil on as a bright prospect ffs.

This is one of the areas Wenger has declined so much in. He used to be able to put players in positions that suited their attributes - we all know the famous examples - but in the last few years he's put more players in roles that don't suit them.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:26 am

Is Nasri a serious suggestion or just jks?

Cant we just sign Mahrez, Kante, Vardy and Huth and call it a day.

It did just occur to me... why do we want to sign a right winger again? Don't we actually want a left winger? Isn't Sanchez actually better on the right?
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:52 am

Nasri talk is a joke as far as I know. My own conjecture was meant to be level-headed (as in, showing how a player like Nasri could actually be useful in a squad depth sense) but only in the context of the whole possibility being self-evidently a non-issue ...

As for Alexis, it's varied historically, hasn't it? When he first nailed down the left flank as his it was because that's where he seemed best settled and most productive at the time, no?
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:09 am

Bild suggesting that Arsenal are prepared to sign up 30-year-old Rafinha from Bayern for three years.

http://sportbild.bild.de/fussball/2016/fussball/transfer-boerse-arsenal-lockt-rafinha-bayern-will-sanchez-45545132.sport.html (German)

Assuming Debuchy really is on his way out permanently, and that Jenks is considered not up to snuff, this wouldn't a bad move at all IMO. Big club experience, able to play in numerous positions but can work as a back-up RB or someone good enough to step in for real should Bellerin's development stall or he gets an injury. (Knock on wood.)
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:34 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Nasri?

Isco could be available, James Rodriguez could be available, Götze is available, Ben Arfa is a free agent. That's 3 or 4 better options just off the top of my head.

The odds of us actually going for any of those players are like 1 in 200

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:42 pm

How much money do you think we'll be getting for Campbell? Hope it's around £15mil.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:04 pm

Shame if we let him leave. But yea should be around that. villarreal/Valencia/Sevilla would love to have him

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:26 pm

Campbell/Walcott/Giroud all out
2 new strikers IN !
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Mon May 02, 2016 3:46 pm

I know it's a crap source but I just wanted to throw out the idea of Vincent Janssen -

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2016/04/27/vincent-janssen-arsenal-transfer-target-no-1-as-gunners-aim-to-beat-liverpool-to-sign-27-goal-dutch-starlet/

Anyone enthused? Anyone have no interest? He's scored a ton for AZ Alkmaar this year, plus he's young but not so young as to just be a "prospect." I know it's the Eredivisie so goalscoring exploits would have little correlation with the Premier League. But sometimes those gambles pay off.

In the last couple years I've let my limited Eredivisie exposure fall by the wayside. So all I could really rely on is other people's opinions, or highlight reels. But I do like the way he gets into positions when he's scoring these goals, and there's a versatility to the kind of goal he scores. Also seems to have a little bit of a creative spark in him?

Janssen vid:
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Tue May 03, 2016 4:12 pm

Ryan Sweeny, young CB, a reported target

http://dailycannon.com/2016/05/arsenal-scout-league-two-defender-after-tottenham-snub/
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Tue May 03, 2016 5:04 pm

... and there's a rumor that Wolfsburg may try to sign Giroud this summer.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue May 03, 2016 5:10 pm

Chumlum wrote:... and there's a rumor that Wolfsburg may try to sign Giroud this summer.

Wolfsburg making a huge mistake, Giroud is worse than Bendtner.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed May 04, 2016 9:37 am

How to make Arsenal champions:
1. Break the bank
2. Take broken bank shards, sift through them, pick up actual money
3. Shove money into Atletico's face, take Griezmann by the hand and shuffle towards the exit door while Atletico are still blinded
4. Cry when he refuses to join
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed May 04, 2016 1:27 pm

Arsene Wenger has made N'Golo Kanté his midfield priority this summer (L'Equipe)
https://twitter.com/mattspiro/status/727772556921573380
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed May 04, 2016 2:29 pm

His lack of technical ability would get horribly exposed in our team. Would just be another Coquelin.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Wed May 04, 2016 3:52 pm

Atleti CB Lucas Hernandez also mentioned as a target.

With the exception of a shaky Benatia rumor (and Rafinha), it seems as though all the defenders we're being linked to--legitimately or not--are pretty young. Am I forgetting anyone?

:coffee:
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed May 04, 2016 5:34 pm

I quite like the Rafinha links if true. He is a player who can challenge Bellerin and not hurt his progress at the same time.

Kante Laughing hope we avoid signing this fraud.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed May 04, 2016 5:43 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:I quite like the Rafinha links if true. He is a player who can challenge Bellerin and not hurt his progress at the same time.

Kante Laughing hope we avoid signing this fraud.
Which WC players would come and play for Satan karaoke who already said he didn't buy the club for trophies. Razz

Wenger knew about his quality before he moved to Leicester. rofl

Also Wenger didn't believe he was any better than Flamini or Arteta. :bow:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed May 04, 2016 7:52 pm

kante Laughing

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed May 04, 2016 9:47 pm

Kante>>>Coquelin
BUT Xhaka type should be priority
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next