MJ
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
El Gunner
Sri
37 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 23 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by urbaNRoots Wed May 11, 2016 7:54 pm

http://www.sueddeutsche.de/sport/fc-bayern-neuer-bayern-trainer-ancelotti-raet-mario-goetze-zum-wechsel-1.2990054

According to SZ, Arsenal among other clubs have shown interest in Mario Götze's situation at Bayern. He's been told to leave if he wants more playing time. He'll be available for (+)€20m.

urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 23 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Jay29 Wed May 11, 2016 8:08 pm

Reliable?

Goetze could take Iwobi's role in the team and be backup for 10 and CF. I'd be very much behind this.

Cheaper than Isco and James, in any case.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed May 11, 2016 8:28 pm

Very reliable, the interested clubs mentioned (Liverpool, Arsenal, Dortmund, Juventus) could be speculation but that Ancelotti has spoken with Götze and has advised him to leave I don't doubt as they specifically mention that sources told them as such.

Should be mentioned that according to SZ, Liverpool are the only club who have shown real interest so far by making contact with Bayern. The other clubs probably went to the agent first.

The article sounds like a "My client is available" from Götze's agent, he will almost certainly leave this summer.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed May 11, 2016 8:34 pm

Would pay 40m for Goetze.

If we let this opportunity go rofl

---------------Cech-------------------
Bellerin-----CB----Koscielny------Monreal
------------Xhaka----Elneny---------
Ozil---------------Wilshere-------Goetze
-----------------Higuain---------------
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed May 11, 2016 9:14 pm

Perhaps we should make a cheeky bid for Lukaku while we're going mental on transfers this summer. I'm sure he'll want rescuing from Everton.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed May 11, 2016 9:14 pm

Still a suspect imo
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed May 11, 2016 9:56 pm

not a fan of Lukaku
Morata would be my primary target but doesn't depend on us
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed May 11, 2016 10:02 pm

Lukaku would be ideal but I doubt Wenger will want to pay for what Everton will ask. But then I never thought Wenger would pay £40m for Xhaka.

With Welbeck's injury and Walcott's form, Wenger got to sign a striker though, idgaf how much it costs.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Wed May 11, 2016 10:11 pm

Would also still support Götze. I've said before I would prefer Isco slightly but I think MG would serve a lot of the same functions, and at a possibly lower price right now.

Decent shopping list from among recent rumors?

Granit Xhaka (looking more & more likely)
Götze (#10, flank, or false nine, good enough to be a starter, but also not in a situation where he should expect to be the team's automatic star)
1-2 from Janssen/Rogic/Guirassy (in for 1-2 attacking players going out, say Walcott & Campbell)
Rafinha (good experienced replacement for Debuchy)

I'd really like to see a big striker signing and a shrewd acquisition at CB--upgrades on Giroud and Mertesacker essentially--but I don't think those kind of marquee transfers will be happening.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed May 11, 2016 10:37 pm

RealGunner wrote:Would pay 40m for Goetze.

If we let this opportunity go rofl

---------------Cech-------------------
Bellerin-----CB----Koscielny------Monreal
------------Xhaka----Elneny---------
Ozil---------------Wilshere-------Goetze
-----------------Higuain---------------

cmon man Ramsey and Sanchez are undroppable.
Cech
Bellerin - Entire - new - backline
Xhaka - Ramsey
Goetze - Ozil - Sanchez
Higuain
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed May 11, 2016 10:44 pm

Ramsey is not undroppable. If we sign Xhaka then by all rights he goes to the bench.

It's hard to get excited for the transfer window when you know Ramsey and Giroud will find themselves in the first team regardless who we sign.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed May 11, 2016 11:23 pm

Can't believe how Ramsey fooled us with that Zidane-esque half-season he had a few years ago.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu May 12, 2016 1:15 am

No way would you play Xhaka and Ramsey, that midfield would get exposed so badly.

Surely Xhaka would play with Coq or Elneny.

Also, what does Xhaka's signing mean for Wilshere?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Thu May 12, 2016 2:04 am

Kick wrote:Also, what does Xhaka's signing mean for Wilshere?

My sources tell me that Wilshere's next injury is scheduled for roughly July 28-Aug 3, 2016, and will involve 6-8 months out prior to any additional setbacks he may face.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu May 12, 2016 2:06 am

Laughing
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu May 12, 2016 4:06 am

Wilshere is a non-factor, and nothing should go forward with him in consideration. I hope he gets back but we really seriously cannot rely on him or write him into any starting line up scenarios

Also I don't know what has happened with Ramsey. He isn't the same player at all anymore. It isn't just the goals. He doesn't run like he used to, he doesn't cut like he used to or make the same passes.. I wouldn't care if he didn't score at all if he brought to the table what he did in 2013/2014.

But I don't think he is starter worthy on this team at all anymore. We can do a lot better.

Also, we won't sign Higuain. He'll cost like 80m. Wenger won't sign him purely on the principal knowing he could have had him for 40m.

We should sign Goatze and play him as the CF.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu May 12, 2016 7:22 am

Not sure if it's been raised previously, but would you entertain the idea of getting Lassana Diarra? He's been excellent for Marseille and from what I understand will be allowed to leave should he want.

Given his age he's no longer a long term solution but if the overall consensus was that Coquelin and El Neny are insufficient as defensive options in midfield, then he might be a shrewd purchase, particularly given the fees thrown around for mere prospects like Sanches.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu May 12, 2016 7:47 am

VendettaRed07 wrote:
Also I don't know what has happened with Ramsey. He isn't the same player at all anymore. It isn't just the goals. He doesn't run like he used to, he doesn't cut like he used to or make the same passes.. I wouldn't care if he didn't score at all if he brought to the table what he did in 2013/2014.

But I don't think he is starter worthy on this team at all anymore. We can do a lot better.

I can think of a few reasons:

1. AW has no *bleep* clue about best positions of players any more. He thinks he knows. He doesn't. His proclivity to allow players to discover their best positions has ruined the whole Brit core.
2. Ramsey doesn't give a flying duck about this season any more.
3. Saving his best for the NT.
4. AW has not *bleep* clue what he is doing.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu May 12, 2016 9:17 am

Ramsey let the goalscoring get to his head and thought it was okay to keep playing that way to the point where he stopped playing like a central midfielder altogether. It came off in a spectacular way for one season but since then he hasn't be able to repeat it and his flaws as a player - taking too long on the ball, not willing to start attacks, lack of positional discipline - have been exposed in a two-man midfield.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu May 12, 2016 1:25 pm

Granit Xhaka admits he may be about to play his final game with Gladbach:

Granit Xhaka also gave himself unsuspectingly following the morning session. "I do not know if there is any offer," says the 23-year-old. He is also a limited, that it would be made up in the case of the case and then decide.

So is officially still all up in the air, but the trend is clear: Xhaka wants and will, if the arrangements are suitable ultimately, change. Granite spoke of "four beautiful years" he had in Gladbach and that he owed the club a lot. On Saturday at Böllenfalltor in Darmstadt he could give his farewell performance. "It may be that it is my last game," he conceded. "But while I'm here, I will concentrate on Borussia".

http://torfabrik.de/kurzpass/news/datum/2016/05/11/xhaka-kann-sein-dass-es-mein-letztes-spiel-ist.html
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Thu May 12, 2016 1:48 pm

The issue of midfield partnerships has already come up in this thread but it's an interesting little problem. May stray a bit off the transfer topic but then again it has to do with players who may be coming in, and may be leaving, as well ...

Xhaka (likely)
Cazorla
Coquelin
Elneny
Wilshere
Ramsey
Ox (possibly)

That's a lot of players competing for what most of us are thinking of as two slots in midfield behind Özil. We can say that it's unlikely Xhaka would be a bench player given how much we seem to be spending, but honestly, I look at this list, and it doesn't look like there are two obvious standouts who must start, and who also would seem to fit together well. That said, who would you expect to see playing together at the beginning of the next season? Who would you want to see sold, or expect to see sold? Would you put on your armchair football manager cap and suggest some change in tactics?
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu May 12, 2016 2:12 pm

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 23 Screen11
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu May 12, 2016 2:21 pm

Chumlum wrote:The issue of midfield partnerships has already come up in this thread but it's an interesting little problem. May stray a bit off the transfer topic but then again it has to do with players who may be coming in, and may be leaving, as well ...

Xhaka (likely)
Cazorla
Coquelin
Elneny
Wilshere
Ramsey
Ox (possibly)

That's a lot of players competing for what most of us are thinking of as two slots in midfield behind Özil. We can say that it's unlikely Xhaka would be a bench player given how much we seem to be spending, but honestly, I look at this list, and it doesn't look like there are two obvious standouts who must start, and who also would seem to fit together well. That said, who would you expect to see playing together at the beginning of the next season? Who would you want to see sold, or expect to see sold? Would you put on your armchair football manager cap and suggest some change in tactics?

In my mind, Özil is a guaranteed started and a guaranteed starter as a number ten. He's a versatile player and it's apparent to any observer that he drifts left and right with ease but planning around him playing on the right narrows our play quite a bit. Also, he offers very little defensively, that's been an issue with everyone who has played on the right from Theo to Ramsey to Ox.

Interestingly, Campbell is the only one who consistently tracked back to help Bellerin out. We know that Bellerin is already an attacking minded fullback. So playing Özil on the right leaves that flank totally exposed, at least on paper.

Ideally, I'd like to include Cazorla in the starting lineup but he's getting older and coming off of a long term injury so his place shouldn't be guaranteed despite his fine form playing deep. Already mentioned that it would be worrying playing Özil, Cazorla and Xhaka, if he joins. His lack of pace and rash temperament might get exposed quickly that way.

Elneny seems to be a good fit, more or less, with Xhaka and Özil ahead of them but that would mean we'd have to invest in an RM who can actually act as a winger. Or we could continue with Alexis at RW and Iwobi at LW. Either way, we should see some chopping and changing this preseason. We might even see a midfielder leave given the lack of places and the huge fee Xhaka could arrive for.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu May 12, 2016 2:56 pm

Sina wrote:The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 23 Screen11

Moving one of the best attacking midfielders wide again just to accomodate Ramsey/Wilshere? Did we learn nothing this season?
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu May 12, 2016 3:08 pm

what did we achieve with 4231 though?
more Angles available for him from right sided positions
+midfield more secure
Özil doesn't track back?but he aint a midfielder to drop deeper and he shouldn't anyway,
final 3rd master
he had a great season but the football that we played wasnt good and have to move from it
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu May 12, 2016 3:15 pm

skysports wrote:Borussia Monchengladbach sporting director Max Eberl has denied speculation Arsenal have made an offer for Granit Xhaka.

Sky Sports News HQ reported Arsenal's interest in Xhaka in March, and on Wednesday German media claimed the Premier League club were close to signing the Switzerland international after tabling an offer.
Speaking to Kicker, Eberl confirmed Borussia face a fight to keep the midfielder but said his club are yet to receive a bid.
"There is no official offer," Eberl said. "But Granit Xhaka is an issue. It's clear he has generated interest at other clubs.

"We have to wait and see what happens
."

Liverpool have also been linked with Xhaka, who said in February it remains his "dream" to play in the Premier League.

He is set to depart for Euro 2016 with Switzerland at the end of the Bundesliga season and has admitted he would like his future sorted sooner rather than later.

"It would be good if I knew where my future lies in the new season before the Euros," Xhaka said.

"It's not all that helpful if you have to think about stuff like that during the tournament. I would be pleased if it were to be decided before, but it wouldn't be a problem if it's after."
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/10278843/borussia-monchengladbach-deny-arsenal-bid-for-granit-xhaka
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next