eelir
Bankz
futbol
Myesyats
Lucifer
16 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

La Liga- Barca vs Athletic Bilbao - Page 4 Empty Re: La Liga- Barca vs Athletic Bilbao

Post by free_cat Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:01 am

On the game, terrible first half, and much better second half after they tired. Neymar was sensational, although he should have tried to dive less and shoot more, while Suarez and Messi were quite bad for their standards.

Mathieu and Vermalen a joke again. Mascherano as DM was poor. He can't play there when we are pressed. Roberto is much better. Then he played as CB and was much better though he made a stupid mistake towards the end trying to cover a ball outside the pitch, that almost costed us a goal.

Btw, Roberto is growing as a player by the day. The pass he made to Messi for the first goal, and that very powerful long shot he made towards the end... he didn't do this stuff just 6 months ago.

free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

La Liga- Barca vs Athletic Bilbao - Page 4 Empty Re: La Liga- Barca vs Athletic Bilbao

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:13 am

free_cat wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Relax everyone, Linetty was not trying to be offensive.

Comparing Spanish laws to American ones is not exactly precise, as America works under jus soli (if you're born in America you're American) whereas Spain works under jus sanguinis (if one of your parents is Spanish then you're Spanish), so Linetty is correct to wonder whether he has any Spanish heritage.

The answer is that Inaki William's parents are refugees who escaped to Spain, where they obtained Spanish citizenship and had him.

In spain, if you are born there you also have spanish nationality, regardless of parents nationality.

I don't know what's up with this, but I'm afraid I have to keep lecturing you about things you should know better.

A child born in Spain to foreigners is NOT automatically Spanish.

Your statement is flat out wrong.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:21 am

If Inaki Williams feels totally Basque himself then he is.

stfu clowns

this section rofl
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:16 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
free_cat wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Relax everyone, Linetty was not trying to be offensive.

Comparing Spanish laws to American ones is not exactly precise, as America works under jus soli (if you're born in America you're American) whereas Spain works under jus sanguinis (if one of your parents is Spanish then you're Spanish), so Linetty is correct to wonder whether he has any Spanish heritage.

The answer is that Inaki William's parents are refugees who escaped to Spain, where they obtained Spanish citizenship and had him.

In spain, if you are born there you also have spanish nationality, regardless of parents nationality.

I don't know what's up with this, but I'm afraid I have to keep lecturing you about things you should know better.

Here, you can look it up:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_nationality_law

In practice, except diplomats or so, almost everyone who is born here gets spanish nationality. Is a limited (very unlimited) jus soli.

The fact that you say "again" is troubling, as you should see by now that you were way on the wrong on Messi's wages. And you insist about it without pointing out absolutely no evidence. Good for you. Would recommend you to read Carl Sagan.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:45 am

Didn't know Basque were the modern Third Reich. You learn something new every day.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:55 am

Harmonica wrote:Didn't know Basque were the modern Third Reich. You learn something new every day.

??????
What does this alarming statement mean?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:58 am

free_cat wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:
free_cat wrote:

Here, you can look it up:

In practice, except diplomats or so, almost everyone who is born here gets spanish nationality. Is a limited (very unlimited) jus soli.

The fact that you say "again" is troubling, as you should see by now that you were way on the wrong on Messi's wages. And you insist about it without pointing out absolutely no evidence. Good for you. Would recommend you to read Carl Sagan.

ffs Laughing

you link to a wikipedia page that proves exactly the opposite of what you're point is

and then again you insist on your Messi thing.
What's wrong with you?

Am now at the point where I'll need fellow GL members to back me up or I'm in danger of a crisis of perception.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:59 am

No, the Wikipedia explains the cases in which someone gets nationality, and is almost anyone who is born here. I don't know anyone born in Spain who doesn't have spanish nationality, and we have 20% of immigrants and I know lots of them.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:20 am

free_cat wrote:
Harmonica wrote:Didn't know Basque were the modern Third Reich. You learn something new every day.

??????
What does this alarming statement mean?
Nothing, just face palming linetty's comments.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:25 am

For a team that has won and is winning everything we are quite pissed fans imo. God knows what will happen when we will start performing badly

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:32 am

He is Basque and he should feel Basque but the blood that flows through his veins is far from anything Spanish.

This statement is not controversial at all and doesn't warrant mentioning the third Reich or that piece of shit Trump in the discussion.

Harmonica is that kind of guy who believes that the earth is flat or doesn't believe in the theory of evolution.

Brainwashed society.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:12 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Am now at the point where I'll need fellow GL members to back me up or I'm in danger of a crisis of perception.

I can confirm, Hans knows Spanish law better than Free Laughing
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:14 pm

Cruijf wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

I can confirm, Hans knows Spanish law better than Free Laughing

No, he doesn't. You can get nationality by being born in spain without any of your parents being spanish, and almost everyone does. Hence, he was wrong.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:43 pm

Copa final is this year expected to be in Madrid. Unclear if Real Madrid would allow Barcelona to play final at Bernabeu stadium. [sport]

What excuse will they come up with this year? Allow us to the Bernaleo Peresito pls.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:59 pm

free_cat wrote:Here, you can look it up:

I'm sure you have many immigrant friends who are Spanish citizens, but the article you quote doesn't seem as liberal as you suggest. Essentially, someone born in Spain to immigrant parents is only a citizen automatically if his parents are stateless, if the original state will not accept the nationality of the newborn or if one of the parents was born in Spain. Later in life they have more options to adopt the nationality, but that seems pretty restrictive to me.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:08 pm

free_cat wrote:On the game, terrible first half, and much better second half after they tired. Neymar was sensational, although he should have tried to dive less and shoot more, while Suarez and Messi were quite bad for their standards.

Mathieu and Vermalen a joke again. Mascherano as DM was poor. He can't play there when we are pressed. Roberto is much better. Then he played as CB and was much better though he made a stupid mistake towards the end trying to cover a ball outside the pitch, that almost costed us a goal.

Btw, Roberto is growing as a player by the day. The pass he made to Messi for the first goal, and that very powerful long shot he made towards the end... he didn't do this stuff just 6 months ago.

I have to agree with Masch at DM and Mathieu at LB being a joke. I don't get Lucho, it seems that the entire world can see they both suck at those positions yet he continues to play them there instead of giving other players a chance. Heck, Sergi, a natural central mid, plays better in those positions than those 2. That alone should tell you something when those guys are suppose to know those positions better.

And Linetty, you might be saying I have half a brain, but it's you who had to wonder if a player is 100% Spanish just due by appearance. And then you actually don't understand why we took at that as a racist remark? Because I would get heavily offended if someone said I wasn't 100% American just because of my sexy Latin appearance or gorgeous Latin name.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:17 pm

It's not offensive at all in my opinion.

My friend's grandma is German and it's everything but offensive that we joke around that he's 25% German. (don't question the math)

This is life for Gods sake.

Inaki can't be offended by it either. Both his parents are refugees and he can feel Basque but not one bit of Spanish blood flows through him.

That's my take on it. In my culture it's normal to discuss this stuff without freaking out ya know. Crying like a little bitch is not my style.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:34 pm

That sounds like a different scenario all together because it sounds like your friend is mixed, so counting the "percentage" isn't offensive at all.

Being like....I bet he's Basque with a little emoji due to the player having dark skin is something different..

But whatever, live and learn and I ultimately don't think you meant any harm by it. Lets move on.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:46 pm

Btw, I don't see anything controversial bout what linetty said in the first place. Its not like he was being racist or anything.

I mean WTF???? So this has turned into some basque vs spanish thread now? :facepalm:

I notice that some particular people on here are so bitter with everything that they always like to come up with hipsteric assumptions over everything to counter anything u say.

U praise a player, then they specialize in calling u a fanboy (when they themselves are the biggest fanboys), barca wins big they look for something to complain about, u make an innocent remark and some group of saddists come up with their own percieved theory of what you're trying to say.

Barca just freaking killed athletic bilbao 5 - 2 without messi and suarez for one leg and just destroyed them 6 - 0 some few days ago, are potentially 7 points above madrid, we're In the CL second round with this team killing everything in its way FFS!!!

Like pirlo said, I just wonder what will happen when barca start playing poorly which is inevitable at some point. We are Group of spoiled fans tbh!!!
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:36 pm

windkick wrote:That sounds like a different scenario all together because it sounds like your friend is mixed, so counting the "percentage" isn't offensive at all.

Being like....I bet he's Basque with a little emoji due to the player having dark skin is something different..

But whatever, live and learn and I ultimately don't think you meant any harm by it. Lets move on.
I'm from Poland so the topic of dark skin coloured people is something unfamiliar with me tbh. Like I said I even do have a black friend but he was only here thanks to a student exchange project of some kind I think. There are 2 people I've seen on TV whose parents are originally from Nigeria but they were born in Poland and speak perfect Polish(I think their family name is Ugonoh, BTW Osi Ugonoh is a beautiful model, look her up Very Happy) It really hit me when I saw a dark skin coloured person speak Polish with a on point accent and everything. So yeah, it's uncommon for me.

I am a bit straightforward and I do question certain things but that's just who I am.

And to sum it up, I am not racist because I hate every person on the planet equally. For me, saying that someone can't be originally from somewhere based on his skin colour is completely normal.

Those who point it out are not right in their mind. I didn't think for one second that his skin colour says what kind of person he is or something along those lines. I don't even think about these things which is a good thing in my opinion.

Not even gonna start with that Donut guy who is completely out of touch.

I know that racism is a big issue in USA as well to a great extent but that's how people always were and will be. I mean, Trump is getting lots of support in the campaign right? I've read he's a real possibility going by the polls or whatever. It speaks for itself really, so many people backing him still in 2016 tells you a lot that racism and sorting people by certain factors will always be a thing.

About the refugees, it's also an interesting topic (Trump is against them right? I'm not entirely sure as I'm not following the debates etc.). They are not welcomed in Poland either. We've got army on the borders not letting them in (as well as our neighbors, Slovakia in particular I think) and on this matter I'm actually behind the idea of keeping them out. You do hear about the incidents in Germany for example. It's obvious that there are nice people among them but there's also lots of terrorists and 20-30 year old men who aim to rob, rape and expect to get money for doing nothing more than a big mess. (back in dark ages there were other ways to deal with 'refugees' and believe me- some beliefs remain and keep on being a thing, only the methods change - on a side note)

That's just us, Slavic people. I still feel like I have not said enough.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:03 am

linetty wrote:It's not offensive at all in my opinion.

My friend's grandma is German and it's everything but offensive that we joke around that he's 25% German. (don't question the math)

This is life for Gods sake.

Inaki can't be offended by it either. Both his parents are refugees and he can feel Basque but not one bit of Spanish blood flows through him.

That's my take on it. In my culture it's normal to discuss this stuff without freaking out ya know. Crying like a little bitch is not my style.

You know, if you think about it deeply, blood, or genes, can't really be Spanish or German.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4