McAgger
Art Morte
free_cat
LeBéninois
breva
25 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Sarri accuses Mancini of being gay. - Page 2 Empty Re: Sarri accuses Mancini of being gay.

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:24 pm

You will need to explain what it means to be provincial? He doesn't speak good Italian? He doesn't wear suits? He lives in a farm?

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Sarri accuses Mancini of being gay. - Page 2 Empty Re: Sarri accuses Mancini of being gay.

Post by Luca Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:32 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:You will need to explain what it means to be provincial? He doesn't speak good Italian? He doesn't wear suits? He lives in a farm?

Simply, he's small time my man, as is Napoli

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:25 pm

I smell a considerable amount of jelly
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:29 pm

Jealous of what?

You just said he might be the best manager in Europe... it’s delusional

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:32 pm

And you called him provincial I asked to explain and you called him small time...

What I see is a manager that is getting his team to play like no other in europe, they play one of the most attractive and high socring game in europe, they lead the series A and they don't have the budget to sign players like Juventus in Italy and city in England. Napoli are now a pure Sarri product and few managers in Europe can put their stamp on a team like Sarri is doing.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:33 pm

Sarri certainly isn't provincial. His ridiculous point tallies and his style of play are the opposite of what it's commonly associated with it. If anything, Napoli itself is more small time than he is.

@Nick what you said there is pretty much all true. Plus he is not one for political correctness or appearances so you end up with comments like the mental masturbation before man city, or telling his players that they'll be *bleep* in the ass on live tv to make him laugh while he was replying to an interviewer Laughing (it was to Mertens iirc).

His merits at Napoli are immense. The problem I anticipate if he goes to a bigger club abroad is that he is uncompromising. Sarri won't publicly complain too much about the club's transfers (he doesn't call the shots at Napoli) but he just freezes out players if they don't fit.

He'll try a few times but if it doesnt work then players are just dropped and forgotten to a pretty extreme degree. At Napoli he doesn't have to play any favorites of the club but in a place like Madrid that would be a problem.

His favorites all learn and improve massively while leaving behind a trail of unsuccessful transfers and angry agents.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:33 pm

So that what is meant by Provincial. Anyway, I think Nick maybe selling himself dreams at this point as I highly doubt Madrid would ever look in Sari's direction. But Napoli does play some fantastic football, I can't help but like viewing their matches.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:37 pm

Anyway, we are in our best season with Allegri. We have considerably more depth than anyone in the league and that we've ever had. Yet Sarri is there with players he cultivated for the most part winning the league at an absurd pace. He deserves tons of praise.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:42 pm

@Doc Serie A is dominated by teams from the capitals of the regions. The teams in the provinces (not the capitals) can barely compete since they have smaller populations to draw from and less money.

For example in Lombardy: Milan, Inter are capital teams (milano) while Atalanta is provincial (Bergamo)

Then this at times becomes a whole slur encapsulating small time mentality, lack of success, behaviour stuff, etc. and deviates from there so people use it to mock teams and managers.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:57 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:And you called him provincial I asked to explain and you called him small time...

What I see is a manager that is getting his team to play like no other in europe, they play one of the most attractive and high socring game in europe, they lead the series A and they don't have the budget to sign players like Juventus in Italy and city in England. Napoli are now a pure Sarri product and few managers in Europe can put their stamp on a team like Sarri is doing.

Well Nick, his fantastic attack has 7 less goals than Juventus this season. He crashed out of a manageable CL group whose ownership basically welcomed the outcome and he even fell out of the Coppa Italia fairly early against Atalanta.

It's his third season with Napoli and they've been like this for their THIRD season. Higuain's record breaking season was the first, Merten's emergence as a 30 goal scoring CF was last season and now were here with the exact group that set their record point total just a season ago with the intention of making a final push to the scudetto. Its a race that Sarri and Napoli control, but by a single point.

I will point out that I made a thread about Napoli's Scudetto chances [being favourites], early in the season and I was ridiculed by the majority of non Serie A watching posters- only Robes, rincon and myself really believed in their credentials.

I also have a sneaky suspicion- as I've seen you post before, that you would want Sarri at Madrid. Its a massive jump that I don't think you're fully considering beyond the attractive style that Napoli play but at the end of the day, at the big clubs, its about trophies.

So, yeah, Sarri is great and great for Napoli. Allegri and probably even Conte are better and they all form my top three Italian managers in any case. And before you start on about Conte with Chelsea this season, think back to your posts about Sarri last season- in which you made none.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:30 pm

Neapolitan Bielsa

Imagine Sarri at Madrid.. It won't take more than 2 months for their superstar players to start complaining for being overworked while Sarri would be still trying to figuring out his 'system'.

And trust me this same Nick will start bashing him when he fails to get results against Numancia and Girona

Let's remember Nick wanted Bielsa to coach Madrid some years ago and we all know how that would have gone Proud
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:34 pm

Never seen a bigger fraud than Bielsa in my life.

There are at least 50 managers better than him.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:37 pm

Agree with Luca

The only thing that I'd point is that is pretty harsh to point the lack of scudetto as a detriment to Sarri. The only reason they are even in talks of scudetto is because of him. No way in hell Benitez would be doing this well (or Mazzarri, or anyone else). Going point to point with Allegri's Juve with do little budget is something else. His Napoli actually have that winning mentality of getting it done every match.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:41 pm

I also have a sneaky suspicion- as I've seen you post before, that you would want Sarri at Madrid. Its a massive jump that I don't think you're fully considering beyond the attractive style that Napoli play but at the end of the day, at the big clubs, its about trophies.
This is not a sneaky suspicion. He does, in fact, want Sari to be Madrid's next manager. Most of us (all 4) in the Madrid section can testify to this. I just do not think that'll ever happen. Nothing about Sari screams like a Uncle Flo type manager.

It would be a great and pleasant surprise to see Madrid make that sort of managerial signing but those are the stuff of dreams. There is more of a chance Zidane stays another season than Sari is trying to educate Ramos about simple awareness and running a decent offside trap next season.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:46 pm

Would love Sarri at Arsenal.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:50 pm

The Man City games showed his flaws and general naivety tbh.

His teams play very entertaining football though despite that.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:55 pm

Dont see Sarri at Madrid either. Arsenal would be great, looks of talk about him replacing Conte at Chelsea too.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:05 pm

It's ironic because he reminds me of a poor mans Wenger before the man went senile Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:19 pm

rincon wrote:Agree with Luca

The only thing that I'd point is that is pretty harsh to point the lack of scudetto as a detriment to Sarri. The only reason they are even in talks of scudetto is because of him. No way in hell Benitez would be doing this well (or Mazzarri, or anyone else). Going point to point with Allegri's Juve with do little budget is something else. His Napoli actually have that winning mentality of getting it done every match.

Agreed, but I'm also speaking to an argument about him being the best manager in Europe, the best managers in Europe win trophies

His Napoli team will be special to me, regardless even if they don't win this Scudetto or win at all, but I can't rate him as Europe's best without doing something along those lines because other managers do have those credentials

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:59 pm

At least I could say Sari would have definitely not start Benzema in 2018. Or probably 2017 for that matter.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:19 pm

@Luca, when you sign a manager you have no clue whether they will win trophies for you or not, you don't have control over that. Traditionally, clubs have hired big names managers who have won before but sometimes it does not work.

What I think clubs have control over, is the level of players they sign ( and even that's not a guarantee all succeed) and the type of managers they sign.

Zidane being a shot coach with Castilla and then winning two CLs with Madrid is completely unpredictable. So why should I assume that signing someone like Sarri would be a disaster.

Imo Madrid needs to start hiring coaches who practice positional football and focus on that. It's my opinion that it's a superior brand of football and whichever manager can get us close to relaising that, I take. It was Bielsa before and now there are more candidates like Sarri, Tuchel, Lopetegui etc... Sarri is my favorite.

He has aotnof flaws and you guys can document this, but we have a manager who won two CL while saying "the goals will come" and by convincing everyone that Benzema is total football. Anything is possible.

Do i expect him to coach madrid? Of course not but I would argue it's a good idea.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:19 pm

Great manager

Not really idea if he can adapt on a foreign reality,.foreign league etc though never done to 50 years

The provinciale stuff has to do with his excuse I suppose
He always makes excuses for everything, even for matches played at 12:30.. anyway even winner coaches do it
It hasn't do with his football, modern and brillaint
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:26 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:@Luca, when you sign a manager you have no clue whether they will win trophies for you or not, you don't have control over that. Traditionally, clubs have hired big names managers who have won before but sometimes it does not work.

What I think clubs have control over, is the level of players they sign ( and even that's not a guarantee all succeed) and the type of managers they sign.

Zidane being a shot coach with Castilla and then winning two CLs with Madrid is completely unpredictable. So why should I assume that signing someone like Sarri would be a disaster.

Imo Madrid needs to start hiring coaches who practice positional football and focus on that. It's my opinion that it's a superior brand of football and whichever manager can get us close to relaising that, I take. It was Bielsa before and now there are more candidates like Sarri, Tuchel, Lopetegui etc... Sarri is my favorite.

He has aotnof flaws and you guys can document this, but we have a manager who won two CL while saying "the goals will come" and by convincing everyone that Benzema is total football. Anything is possible.

Do i expect him to coach madrid? Of course not but I would argue it's a good idea.

Agreed with it all, but I would argue that style and philosophy comes prior to a manger being hired. Its more than just one man's job in my opinion. I'd say Madrid's problems are bigger than Zidane and a handful of players.

As per Sarri, I'm not saying he's not good, I just don't believe, as you've said, he's the best in Europe or just behind Pep.

I do rate Allegri higher, for example, for my own reasons- not just the success he's had but to me, he's one of the most tactically flexible and adaptive managers out there and maybe what Sarri/Pep do in an attacking sense, Allegri does in a defensive one hmm

but keeping it on topic, I don't think Mancini is gay and I do think Sarri is a top manager

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:32 pm

I get shit for talking about Napoli in Serie A threads but same as others here, its not because I'm a Napoli fan, its because its pretty great to watch. Its brilliant football.

Wouldn't trade Allegri for him (Max is too GOAT, wouldn't trade for anyone) still I have to recognize Sarri's great work. At one point some criticisms were: Higuain carries them, he left and they continued, after it was football style over substance can't win, their 2017 had something like 99 points.

Besides the immediate performances at Napoli, the effect he has on some players is great. Hamsik, Callejon and Allan are doing what they mostly always did but others improved tons. Insigne, Mertens, Jorginho, Zielinski, Hysaj and Ghoulam owe a lot to him.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:41 pm

What is so great about Allegri except for the fact that he is coaching and winning with the biggest team in Italy, that was winning crushing the league before he took the job and still failed in CL final? They have the best players in the league on a talent level.

Wasn't he getting trolled by Milan fans before he took the job? Now he is Europe best. I suspect if you drive a Toyota civic and me a ford GT I will crush you in a race.

So what is Max Allegri doing that is so great and unique? To me it sounds more like "we are winning with this guy, so he is great" not unlike Madrid fans thinking Zidane is the greatest coach ever, and could not stand me criticizing him last season, now they shut up
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:50 pm

By Madrid fans couldn't stand you, you mean Sports and Turok the dinosaur hunter?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next