The Demon of Carthage
Doc
StrugaRock
20 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Real Madrid vs RCD Espanyol - Page 2 Empty Re: Real Madrid vs RCD Espanyol

Post by sportsczy Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:08 pm

Marca and AS and all the other media are only allowed during specific times...  most practices are completely closed.  Many managers (like Mourinho for example) make injuries completely confidential unless the player isn't capable of practicing so it's impossible to hide that since there's an open portion to each practice.  

I can give you many many many examples of injuries that were hidden until after the season...  when it was revealed.  It's very common.  Why would you let the competition know about a weakness if you don't have to?

Besides, Carvajal isn't injured. He just needs time for the area that healed from injury to restrengthen. It's especially important for injuries like hamstring ones. If it gets aggravated again, he's out at least 2 months.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:12 pm

I will remind you DoC that Marcelo played far worse than Danilo did as early as 2 years ago... I just think Danilo is a bit overwhelmed by Madrid and lost confidence. I don't think it's fair to just bury him after 6 months.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:14 pm

I have read about Carvajal the same thing.

The problem with Danilo is that atm he cannot do anything right, we are caught on counters on our right side, he cannot defend properly, often makes mistakes on marking his players, and the thing that I hate the most about him, when he crosses, I've counted just 4 crosses out of millions he has done that could somewhat be called proper crosses.
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:18 pm

sportsczy wrote:I will remind you DoC that Marcelo played far worse than Danilo did as early as 2 years ago... I just think Danilo is a bit overwhelmed by Madrid and lost confidence. I don't think it's fair to just bury him after 6 months.

The difference is that Marcelo came as a 17-18 yo with a bright future, had to learn, and came cheap. Danilo on the other hand came as an established right back with a hefty price tag.

Also Marcelo back in the day actually showed glimpses that he has talent and will, I haven't seen Danilo in Porto, but for so much that I have seen, he isn't that special.

Another thing is that Marcelo came when we had an aging Roberto Carlos, Danilo came as a replacement for a player that most Madridistas think is the best RB atm, and is a Cantera product
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:38 pm

Yeah but Marcelo was benched as early as Carlo's first season... he only got his job back when Coentrao got injured. This was when Marcelo was 24 and Danilo is also 24.

Danilo was extremely good at Porto.

I just don't like giving up on guys that I know can player after just 6 months. Not saying Danilo will pan out... but i think he can become a good rotation player if he regains confidence. Compared to Porto, he looks like he's scared out there.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:54 pm

True. But for some reason Marcelo will always be replaced my a more defensive left back, some coaches have found a way to cover the gap that Marcelo leaves at left back, but for that sacrifice you get an extraordinary winger/wing-back/dribbler/extra man in the attack.

While on the other hand we may find a way to cover Danilo on the other wing, but I fail to see what he can do. I know he looks scared, but as far as Carvajal is concerned, I think we had a great right back, we only needed a backup/cheap/reliable right back
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:57 pm

Yeah i mean there's no doubt Carvajal should start. But Danilo can be very useful if he can play good enough right back and, more importantly, learns how to be a CB some. He's big enough to be a CB which is nice. Once Pepe moves on, we may have a guy who can backup both the right back and CB positions... so it opens up an extra spot on the roster.

In my perfect scenario, that's how he develops.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:22 am

I agree with everything StrugaRock said. Some players, even when they play bad, they still show you that they can develop and hone their skills.

Problem with Danilo, aside from lacking raw talent and the innate skills of a fullback, is that he's lazy. He's not even willing to show us that, even though he plays bad, he's at least doing everything he can to improve. The guy rarely ever tracks back. His work rate is insanely low. It's like he's playing for free or something.

I think he's the kind of player who you only play in CDR games. And since we're not in that competition, I think he shouldn't play at all, at least for the remainder of this season where we're not allowed to drop points anymore.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:50 am

i don't like danilo either. but with the injury problems carvajal has had this season, saying danilo shouldn't play at all for the remainder of the season will see carvaal get overworked and sent back to the doctor's office; people will criticize zidane for being like ancelotti by overworking players, and the same danilo would be rotating that right back spot with arbeloa. he just has to get games, learn on the job and let's hope he develops....obviously zidane will need to monitor the kinds of games he gets...you can play him against the likes of sporting, las palmas, levante et al, or call him off the bench in certain scenarios
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:54 am

and let's remember, this is madrid. we have a bit of a reputation of making good defenders look like idiots, e.g cannavaro, walter samuel. i never saw him at porto, but i doubt he was considered world class there, so this, was kind of expected. i say to give the guy at least till next season. then, we can talk about his future here
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:03 am

I've read Danilo was honestly really good at Porto, hell, I used to pick him for my FF UEFA side without even watching Porto much (or at all). Not sure how he went from very good to absolutely useless. He literally isn't doing anything right at the moment. I would feel sorry for him but my over-reactive Madridismo ways can't stand him at all.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:24 am

titosantill wrote:and let's remember, this is madrid. we have a bit of a reputation of making good defenders look like idiots, e.g cannavaro, walter samuel. i never saw him at porto, but i doubt he was considered world class there, so this, was kind of expected. i say to give the guy at least till next season. then, we can talk about his future here

He was considered one of the best players at Porto and there's a reason why many clubs were after him as well as Alex Sandro.

Also they're two players who were immense when they beat Bayern at their home.

It was a shame both were suspended for the return leg.

I am surprised by how poor he's apparently been for Madrid.If Madrid are not patient enough with him,i still have no doubt he'll be a success elsewhere.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:05 am

Yeah...  Danilo was monstrous at Porto and killed it in CL.  It's really shocking he's playing like this.  That's why i can't accept that he comes to Madrid and immediately just becomes half the player he used to be.  He TORCHED Bayern in CL.  

He was free and loose. Extremely fast and lethal on the attack. He looks like he's carrying a bowling ball at Madrid.

I mean look at this:

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:35 am

It's incredible how average any great fullback looks compared to Marcelo in the last third.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:02 am

i didn't know he was considered that good at porto, i'll go by what you all are saying. i hardly follow them, unless they're playing someone good in ucl...but hey, walter samuel was the wall at roma, came  to a madrid team where defense was optional and turned out crap. cannavaro just had a huge world cup, and recreativo huelva attackers kept dribbling round him easily. maybe danilo's beginning to doubt himself, and that's very dangerous for an athlete. anyway, carvajal should start, but danilo shouldn't be completely blocked out......at least not yet, i feel he can still be moulded
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:23 am

Having cold feet isn't exactly an excuse to shoulder against for a professional athlete. He knew the drill. He knew what he was getting himself into when he signed for Real Madrid.

Besides, I'm not even asking him to play like Marcelo in attack and prime Coentrao in defense. I'm asking him to sweat for the shirt and leave everything out on the pitch.

Improving your work rate doesn't require confidence or anything last time I checked. If he could just work a little harder, track back and start crossing like a professional fullback would, I'll defend him here even if everybody else wants him dead. Bleed for the shirt dammit, that's all I'm asking.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:32 am

i agree with you...but when the opponent gets the ball and 5 seconds after they're in your half, especially when you were at a club (porto) where your team probably had control of games for the most part, you don't get used to it easily. i'm not defending his poor performances, because i get frustrated too. i just understand the way things are. i hope carvajal gets the nod, but doesn't get overworked....because when the season winds down, having danilo vs arbeloa as the only two options is very scary

Last edited by titosantill on Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:06 am; edited 2 times in total
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:43 am

titosantill wrote: i didn't know he was considered that good at porto, i'll go by what you all are saying. i hardly follow them, unless they're playing someone good in ucl...but hey, walter samuel was the wall at roma, came  to a madrid team where defense was optional and turned out crap. cannavaro just had a huge world cup, and recreativo huelva attackers kept dribbling round him easily. maybe danilo's beginning to doubt himself, and that's very dangerous for an athlete. anyway, carvajal should start, but danilo shouldn't be completely blocked out......at least not yet, i feel he can still be moulded

Illustrated by Casillas' almost instant downfall

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:19 pm

Danilo lacks fight i believe which is no excuse. If Carvajal can come back after just 1 top flight season and impress instantly in a team whose president does not value youth who have come through our youth system Danilo should have no problem taking 1 of the countless chances he has had since he got here.

Since his first game i could see how very average he was and incredibly lazy. And we cant afford to have a right side as porous as the left especially when everything goes through the left and very littles through the right. As much as i disliked the signing i still think he should rotate but only in home games because we tend to do better in home games than away. Since the CL is the only trophy we can win we have to have our best players available. God forbid if Carvajal or Marcelo get injured because their back ups arent even half as good as them.

This is the game i would have played Danilo because i can see us beating them by 3+ goals but away from home his selection was unneeded. But as i have said before you dont learn if you dont try so Zidane hopefully does know now that he cant rely on him. At least be happy if Rafa was still here Danilo would be one of the firsr on the team sheet. Zidane has changed that and improved our midfield and made us play very good football with time we shouldhit our peak and hopefully win the CL
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:15 pm

Danilo was a clone of Marcelo though at Porto.... super attacking. And Porto always has a DM to cover and a high back line. Since we can't shadow our defense both left and right, we asked Danilo to be more of a traditional fullback and stay back. I don't think that's his style at all. Like Marcelo, if you shackle him, you might as well not have him.

Flo went by FIFA ratings as opposed to actually analyzing how we want the right back to play compared to Danilo's profile.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:01 pm

you guys are trying too hard to judge a player at new club, league, etc, not every player bosses it in their first season, but hey somebody have to be fault i guess.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:24 pm

@tito... remember the days in the mid 00s when we couldn't stop a one-legged striker if we tried Laughing  

For those criticizing Iker now, you guys have no idea how he saved Madrid's arse in those days.  Any lesser keeper would have been shell shocked. I truly felt bad for him. But he never ever quit and gave 100% effort in every single game while being the best keeper in the world on a truly pathetic defensive team.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:36 pm

I never understood the hate on Iker as well. The guy played at the highest level and remained the world's best goalkeeper for a very, very long time. His decline was bound to happen eventually, like for every footballer, but Mourinho the Classless, might've accelerated the process.

Iker is a true gentleman and one of the club's biggest legends, he deserves every single shred of respect he gets.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:20 pm

The problem all started when we bought him, we needed a backup for Carvajal, instead we got a player to compete with him, and Carvajal is beating him with ease, case closed.

Hope he becomes a good backup, starts learning to cross like a proper wing back, and it would do wonders to our team if he can manage to play as a left back too, to cover Marcelo when needed cause we lack a proper backup for him. Then I would totally approve why we got him, and forget his price.
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:40 pm

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CaEY5gaWwAEIQ82.jpg

No surprises in the line up. Still would have hoped for Kovacic to get some minutes in place of Modric though
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:42 pm

If we kill the game early, he might get some playing time.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next