Are we planning to replace Benzema by lewandowski?

+19
shadexticos
Freeza
Thimmy
Perucho21
guest7
Onyx
Doc
titosantill
ronalessi
FalcaoPunch
chad4401
punkfusion1992
sportsczy
StrugaRock
Claudio84
futbol_bill
The Demon of Carthage
Valkyrja
Mr Nick09
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Are we planning to replace Benzema by lewandowski? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are we planning to replace Benzema by lewandowski?

Post by chad4401 Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:28 pm

nope flo wanted to wait until benzema is at his peak to sell, because all those years of backing was just to boost his ego, and now he is gonna really boost his ego by selling him, the reasoning in this section is the best Proud

just state if lewa buy makes sense and stop trying to explain flo.

chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Are we planning to replace Benzema by lewandowski? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are we planning to replace Benzema by lewandowski?

Post by Doc Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:56 pm

Still waiting on the Silva hype proof there.

Also, I wouldn't replace Benz with Lewa. Honestly enjoying his football now. I would definitely replace Ronaldo with Lewa though. Like faster than fast.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:04 pm

It's just a case of replacing one top striker with another. We won't miss anything. Lewa will come, he'll score goals and that's that.

I'd say the entire team is dispensable, barring Modric maybe. Why? Because we don't have a philosophy in place. We play generic basic attacking football and with no consistent stream of success (major trophies). We can just replace them with the next batch of elite players and the cycle continues.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:22 pm

Doc wrote:Still waiting on the Silva hype proof there.

Also, I wouldn't replace Benz with Lewa. Honestly enjoying his football now. I would definitely replace Ronaldo with Lewa though. Like faster than fast.

keep waiting then
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:53 pm

Because you gots none Chad. Be a man and show proof you lying pos. Very Happy
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:58 pm

Flo has been pretty predictable with how he does things tbh:

Disappointing season = either coach or players or both get sold/bought. It all depends on how good the story is. When Carlo was let go, they story of the Madridista Rafa coming back home was a good one and it was sufficient. There were no obvious superstars to be had so we stood pat there.

This summer, if Zidane does well to finish up, that's another good story. So he won't be forced to do anything under this scenario. BUT, Lewa is a major name and Flo won't want to pass up on him. So he'll buy him and either CR or Benz will go. Then you also have Pogba, Griezmann and Hazard who are all available... so a lot of big names. Flo doesn't like to stand on the sidelines in markets like this. So i see James, one of CR/Benz and Kroos getting sold with Pogba, Lewa and one of Griezmann/Hazard coming in.

It's an old script that keeps repeating itself.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:32 pm

before people start crying

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12087/10129952/what-will-transfer-ban-mean      (on the next to the last paragraph. what does this mean for their future transfer plans?). its not about "selling the best player", but that after 7 years he feels they've reached their shelf life. florentino never stayed this long. i have no hate for benzema, i haven't even said florentino will do all those things i mentioned. its just banter and trying to gauge how the man's thinking. so please don't involve me in your wild relationship with whatever player you like.....my opinion is that, he feels after 7 years, this side has peaked, whether he is right or wrong is another discussion. so please stop crying to me about whether i like or dislike a player.....some of you get so emotional about ridiculous things, its quite pathetic. i put forward an opinion that could be refuted without getting emotional acting like i insulted your wife
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:37 pm

I am almost certain we are losing Ronaldo to either PSG or United this summer. The question of replacing him is harder. If we dont get the summer to buy players we may as well put Isco or Jese as a replacement.

I hope we dont lose Benzema as well. Im almost certain too because of our transfer ban
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:45 pm

and btw at this stage, we can't explain if signing lewandowski makes sense, because we don't have a set style, we don't know if we'll have the same coach, we don't know what players may be staying or leaving (selling cristiano will change a lot in how we approach games), we don't know what formation we'll line up with, we have no idea how our midfield shape will look like etc. so saying "just state if lewa buy makes sense and stop trying to explain flo" is extremely premature.

the way it stands right now, the club is joined to florentino at the hip. unless he resigns, you cannot talk about a new signing's influence without bringing florentino into the conversation. we are not in the same situation barcelona where in when we won decima- they had a set team style and messi, that they needed to just plug a few gaps. whether you like it or not, we are very confused right now, and zidane is doing what he can to find out our team's strengths- which is probably why danilo got a game last week. whoever comes in, will most likely not meet this same team. so we cannot discuss how good or bad such a move is. obviously if u have a team with cristiano bale benzema james and lewandowski, then its going to be another crap year, especially if we decide to turn rafa's 4 2 4 into 4 1 5
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:46 pm

Only one person is crying, the rest of us are giving our own take on this without being a princess polly pissy pants.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:27 pm

Well as I see it we need a fresh start, a kind of start that means bombing the place up and then starting from scratch.

First things first, Perez needs to leave, that dictator that knows jack $h!t about football needs to be removed. We need a system, implemented from Real Madrid Juvenil u-1 to our seniors. You need to teach babies to play a certain system, that they will be ready when they grow up.

You leave ZZ at helm and give him more power over transfers and selections. A big clear out sale needs to happen in the summer, with most of our star players leaving, building a team from players suited to our style of play, not just random YouTube star that will sell shirts on Mars.
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:52 pm

It wouldn't surprise me cause I don't think Benzema suits Zidane as much as a tall striker would do.

I just think Zlatan is a much better choice. He's the best player outside La Liga.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:42 pm

Benzema has been our best player this season arguably

So it is only fitting he gets sold for an inferior player
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:52 pm

guest7 wrote:It wouldn't surprise me cause I don't think Benzema suits Zidane as much as a tall striker would do.

I just think Zlatan is a much better choice. He's the best player outside La Liga.

this isn't 2007, zlatan practically has 1 or 2 years at the most left in him. he should be thinking of mls or retirement at this stage of his career....he was a boss back in the day, but he's in his mid 30s now. so no.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:01 pm

guest7 wrote:It wouldn't surprise me cause I don't think Benzema suits Zidane as much as a tall striker would do.

Aren't Benzema and Lewandowski about the same height, though? I've seen both of them in real life, and I'd wager they're about my height, which is 6'1" - which isn't particularly tall if height is what you're specifically looking for. There aren't any really good, tall strikers on the market nowadays, anyway. Of course, there's Zlatan.. but as good as he is, I don't think counting on a 34 year old to instantly suit the team and perform well is worth the risk.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:06 pm

Thimmy wrote:

Aren't Benzema and Lewandowski about the same height, though? I've seen both of them in real life, and I'd wager they're about my height, which is 6'1" - which isn't particularly tall if height is what you're specifically looking for. There aren't any really good, tall strikers on the market nowadays, anyway. Of course, there's Zlatan.. but as good as he is, I don't think counting on a 34 year old to instantly suit the team and perform well is worth the risk.

They're the same height. Zlatan is too old, agreed. Would've loved him 6 years ago.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:31 am

Absolutely unnecessary given Benzema's new-found form.

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by El Blanco Madridista Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:59 pm

There is no reason why we should sell Benzema.

El Blanco Madridista
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:51 pm

I would not be surprised if we did end up selling Benz. Typical Perez to do that. We have waited 6/7 seasons of trash performances for him to give us a whole (soon to be) season of amazing performances. What a slap in the face that would be. Lewa is as old as Benz and is inferior, there is absolutely no reason for us to approach him.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudio84 Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:26 pm

The only way Benz Perez will sell Benz is if he gets convicted, he's his favourite playe imo, i have only seen him celebrate one goal, and that was his goal against Lyon.

Claudio84
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:34 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:I would not be surprised if we did end up selling Benz. Typical Perez to do that. We have waited 6/7 seasons of trash performances for him to give us a whole (soon to be) season of amazing performances. What a slap in the face that would be. Lewa is as old as Benz and is inferior, there is absolutely no reason for us to approach him.

keep proving you don't know anything about performances, what about higs, and cr choking it up every season? those weren't trash? this forum Proud

hoping so hard for flo to suddenly want to sell benzema with the most convaluted arguments rofl
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:09 pm

chad4401 wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:I would not be surprised if we did end up selling Benz. Typical Perez to do that. We have waited 6/7 seasons of trash performances for him to give us a whole (soon to be) season of amazing performances. What a slap in the face that would be. Lewa is as old as Benz and is inferior, there is absolutely no reason for us to approach him.

keep proving you don't know anything about performances, what about higs, and cr choking it up every season? those weren't trash? this forum Proud

hoping so hard for flo to suddenly want to sell benzema with the most convaluted arguments rofl
stop being a moppet
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:37 pm

The op wassn't that we are selling Benz! Nick asked given the rumor mill, what did we think of an exchange of Lewan for Benz. He also further qualified it saying assuming Ronaldo also departs. Basically what do you think of a Lewan / Bale leading the attack vs Benz / Bale?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:21 pm

lol who says bale will be here next season? think about this; we've experienced rafa, out of the copa, city will probably raid the market, chelsea in order to catch up will probably do the same, add united to that list if they get mourinho, barcelona too will probably get in the market, same goes for psg; unless we win a title, transfer ban sticks or florentino leaves, he's not going to sit back watch all that movement happen and stay patient like he did this last summer.....so even bale could be sold. not saying it will happen, but i'm just throwing out wild scenarios based on how busy the summer might be throughout Europe. there are little guarantees on who stays.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:21 pm

@tito... the difference is the money. At Madrid, the revenue players get on image rights goes through the roof although they share it with the club.

Madrid is only Madrid because the players make the most money playing for us... it's nothing else compared to the other elite clubs.

Anyhow, Pep is going to clean out the marketplace and PSG are completely free of FFP this summer too. Chelsea are a step below those two in terms of spending power unless they sell.

Zidane is a BIG lure as long as we continue to play sexy footy and do decently well. That guy has such charisma that people are just drawn to him... think about it. He's a national god in France and his parents are Algerian immigrants. If you understand France, you understand how special you have to be in order to break the race barriers there. Also, if you're successful and wealthy, French people tend to resent you... Zidane is the only exception that i have seen recently.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:44 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
chad4401 wrote:

stop being a moppet

I literally waited for him to show up. I'm pretty sure Hala wrote that with him in mind as well. Don't mind he still has yet to show proof of the Lucas Silva lies he has been spewing.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next