Pep Guardiola's adventures in Manchester City

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Pep Guardiola's adventures in Manchester City

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:53 pm

@Unique wrote:
@Donuts wrote:he took a year off to rest? not just to learn lol

regardless the guy could do no right to some peoples eyes

he could of chosen man u and people would of still complained "easy way out" bullshit lol
would pep have picked city over man u 5 years ago?

I'll answer your question with another question (or probably two): Was 2008's third-placed Barça an easy job? If, let's say, Pellegrini had taken over that Barça side, do you believe he would've been able to match or at least transform them into world beaters?

The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr on Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:57 pm

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:Is Kompany still WC? I haven't kept up with him this season, but last season he had many brain farts. Likewise Toure is likely to leave, his manager is already testing waters in Italy.

He has had brain farts, so did Maldini and so have Piqué and Ramos, both considered by the majority to be world class (not by me btw).

In fact while we are at it, name me a current world class CB.

First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:59 pm

@The Demon of Carthage wrote:
@Unique wrote:
@Donuts wrote:he took a year off to rest? not just to learn lol

regardless the guy could do no right to some peoples eyes

he could of chosen man u and people would of still complained "easy way out" bullshit lol
would pep have picked city over man u 5 years ago?

I'll answer your question with another question (or probably two): Was 2008's third-placed Barça an easy job? If, let's say, Pellegrini had taken over that Barça side, do you believe he would've been able to match or at least transform them into world beaters?
your missing my point. I'm not saying pep is not one of the best managers in the world. or somone else can do better. I'm saying he came to England and took the easiest job. mourinho did the same thing when he came.pep he took the city job over the man u job because he knows he can buy who he likes. if pep came to city and faced the problems klopp has faced at Liverpool would he do what klopp is doing by trying to fix things on the training pitch or would he have signed 4 world class players in this window.

Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit on Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:00 pm

@Unique wrote:
@Casciavit wrote:No coach or player willingly takes a step-down. Pep is the best coach in the world, why the hell should he coach some crap PL team like Stoke or Norwich? If a team with an unlimited budget is out there and has talented players who can implement your vision of footy why shouldn't he take the offer? I'm pretty sure any other coach would do the same if they had the opportunity.

Everyone here knows Pep has a specific playing style and needs the correct players to implement it. You'd think with his trophy cabinet and the style of football he has his team play, it would be enough. But nah, he needs to coach Stoke and make Charlie Adam the next Xavi, to truly prove himself (:

It's an idiotic argument, and the same people who use that argument are the same clowns who claim 'you need to go to PL to prove yourself', 'Messi was carried by Xavi and Iniesta', and all those others stupid arguments. Laughing
I don't think it was a choice between stoke and city was it. he could have gone to man u who are in the top 3 biggest clubs in the world with great history and one of the biggest fan base in the world who at the moment are not great and don't have a great squad. he would get funds but after spending 300mil in the last few years would not get silly money to spend. or he could go to city who are not a big club. not a great fan base. not a great history. but have a title winning team with unlimited funds.

City were the best fit. They've been tapping him up for years now. They even hired some of Barca's former staff in an attempt to increase their chances of signing him.

Do you watch Man Utd? If Utd's current crop can't even play LVG's style of football, what makes you think they can play Pep's? Especially since Pep wants his team to play a more fluid and vertical style of football compared to LVG.

Last edited by Casciavit on Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr on Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:01 pm

@futbol_bill wrote:Junior, as a dieheart Barca fan, you dare speak badly of one of your best coaches ever and to praise the worst scum (coach) in the world!

Me being a culé, another myth on this forum Sad
@Dante wrote:I am an idiot.
I agree.

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf on Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:02 pm

Dante Proud

Great post. Tbh Harmonica agreeing with the Pep haters should be enough to end this argument (:

First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 on Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:04 pm

I don't really get it.

For those Bashing Guardiola, what is the basis? Is there even a shadow of a doubt he is taking a step down going from Bayern to City?

Some of you love bashing City on here but they are not an elite European powerhouse. Flat out, they have achieved nothing of late in Europe and won the EPL a few times in the worst EPL I have seen in a long wile.

Where are people getting that City are some Super club? Yes they have money but so do Chelsea, United and Arsenal.

There is very little actual perspective shown in these digs at him.
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf on Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:04 pm

@danyjr wrote:
@BarrileteCosmico wrote:Is Kompany still WC? I haven't kept up with him this season, but last season he had many brain farts. Likewise Toure is likely to leave, his manager is already testing waters in Italy.

He has had brain farts, so did Maldini and so have Piqué and Ramos, both considered by the majority to be world class (not by me btw).

In fact while we are at it, name me a current world class CB.

Boateng. Now, who was that bald guy that took him from being crap to one of the best defenders in the world?

First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 on Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:07 pm

https://www.facebook.com/www.JOE.co.uk/videos/619148821582521/

Deceased rofl

Invisible Smilies 2012. Join the campaign.

http://i.imgur.com/8mauqfc.png
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr on Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:09 pm

@Cruijf wrote:Boateng. Now, who was that bald guy that took him from being crap to one of the best defenders in the world?

I'd personally take Kompany over Boateng. To me the Belgian is more of a complete package.

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:10 pm

@Casciavit wrote:
@Unique wrote:
@Casciavit wrote:No coach or player willingly takes a step-down. Pep is the best coach in the world, why the hell should he coach some crap PL team like Stoke or Norwich? If a team with an unlimited budget is out there and has talented players who can implement your vision of footy why shouldn't he take the offer? I'm pretty sure any other coach would do the same if they had the opportunity.

Everyone here knows Pep has a specific playing style and needs the correct players to implement it. You'd think with his trophy cabinet and the style of football he has his team play, it would be enough. But nah, he needs to coach Stoke and make Charlie Adam the next Xavi, to truly prove himself (:

It's an idiotic argument, and the same people who use that argument are the same clowns who claim 'you need to go to PL to prove yourself', 'Messi was carried by Xavi and Iniesta', and all those others stupid arguments. Laughing
I don't think it was a choice between stoke and city was it. he could have gone to man u who are in the top 3 biggest clubs in the world with great history and one of the biggest fan base in the world who at the moment are not great and don't have a great squad. he would get funds but after spending 300mil in the last few years would not get silly money to spend. or he could go to city who are not a big club. not a great fan base. not a great history. but have a title winning team with unlimited funds.

City were the best fit. They've been tapping him up for years now. They even hired some of Barca's former staff in an attempt to increase their chances of signing him.

Do you watch Man Utd? If Utd's current crop can't even play LVG's style of football, what makes you think they can play Pep's? Especially since Pep wants his team to play a more fluid and vertical style of football compared to LVG.
that's my point. to get man u back to the top from here is a far bigger challeng.

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:12 pm

While I think City is not an easy job, I agree with Unique that it's easier than the United job. He'll have much more money to spend, a better salary and a better crop of players. So in that regard, yes I agree with you. He took the best option.

But here's the thing, he's not coming from Stoke to coach City. He's coming from Bayern, who, I'm sure you agree with me, are a European powerhouse and a step up from City.

So he's really taking a more difficult job than the one he already had in hands. He could've stayed in Germany and win the Bundesliga every year with nobody to challenge him.

He likes to go to clubs who have enough resources for him to operate. I don't think that's cowardice. It's just a better fit for his sterling CV.

You'll never see a Java architect working for a start-up.

The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante on Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:16 pm

Let me tell you all here what the real easy way , out or in , would have been

Sign for a Qatar club for like 20m-25m euros a season , get some island as welcome gift , and fkn call it a day without even trying and free of all the pressure for the rest of his life

This would have been the easy way .

All the rest i read here against him make me smh about going the easy way

Guardiola is just another top coach which makes the choices he thinks best for himself. If you're not convinced by now you'll never be convinced , frankly this particular coach has nothing left to prove , other than remind everyone who knows what he's watching every week what a great coach he is.

The fact that he coached Bayern and now City , doesn't point out that he took any easy way , it means that he was chosen before anyone else . Frankly any other top coach would have done the same in his position , if these clubs went for them instead of Pep. Seems this particular fact escapes a lot of people .

Never saw these particular arguments against any other coach other than Guardiola. Basically that's not even arguments , that's literally being bereft of arguments and churning petty elementary school downplay , because reasons.

Do you honestly think he sits at home , scratching his bald head and thinking , Where will i win easier? Will i get found out ?

Do i really need to coach Stoke ?

rofl

Grazie Silvio . For everything
Dante
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 on Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:17 pm

@The Demon of Carthage wrote:While I think City is not an easy job, I agree with Unique that it's easier than the United job. He'll have much more money to spend, a better salary and a better crop of players. So in that regard, yes I agree with you. He took the best option.

But here's the thing, he's not coming from Stoke to coach City. He's coming from Bayern, who, I'm sure you agree with me, are a European powerhouse and a step up from City.  

So he's really taking a more difficult job than the one he already had in hands. He could've stayed in Germany and win the Bundesliga every year with nobody to challenge him.

He likes to go to clubs who have enough resources for him to operate. I don't think that's cowardice. It's just a better fit for his sterling CV.

^ This, basically the same thing I said.  Oh and City are trailing Leicester City right now, for the powerhouse they are.

I don't really get it.

For those Bashing Guardiola, what is the basis? Is there even a shadow of a doubt he is taking a step down going from Bayern to City?

Some of you love bashing City on here but they are not an elite European powerhouse. Flat out, they have achieved nothing of late in Europe and won the EPL a few times in the worst EPL I have seen in a long wile.

Where are people getting that City are some Super club? Yes they have money but so do Chelsea, United and Arsenal.

There is very little actual perspective shown in these digs at him.
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:17 pm

@The Demon of Carthage wrote:While I think City is not an easy job, I agree with Unique that it's easier than the United job. He'll have much more money to spend, a better salary and a better crop of players. So in that regard, yes I agree with you. He took the best option.

tbh I would have liked to have seen him take the arsenal job. that would have been the perfect challenge for him. good squad. big club but not done great in Europe and not won a title in years. not masses of money to spend but can buy good talent. so its a good mix between buying players and good coaching to get them winning titles and doing well in the champions lge.

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer on Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:27 pm

City want CL and they want it badly to announce themselves in Europe. Now the primary objective of Pep is to win CL from clutches of barca, Madrid, Bayern even Juve and Atletico, is it not challenging enough for you? And on top of that any of the above mentioned club would be on their knees to have him yet he choose the club who have been rather poor in Europe is it not ballsy enough?
If he had chosen United his primary objective would be winning league from the clutches of City, Chelsea Proud and arsenal rofl and ofcourse Leicester city. If u look it like this he actually made the brave decision imo.
Lucifer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon on Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:28 pm

This thread...

Carlo is meh and Guardiola is a coward, then who the f... is a good coach??

Pep is an ambitious top manager, thats it, he ain't jesus, and he ain't trying to prove anyone anything. Mou went Porto-Chelsea-Inter-Madrid-Chelsea. Carlo went Juve-Milan-Chelsea-PSG-Madrid-Bayer. Why can't Pep do the same?

He has a vision of how to play football. Not my favorite, but having different styles makes football that much better. And what does he want? to win as much as possible. And what does he needs for that? good teams.
rincon
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:34 pm

another way to look at it is this. if city had the Liverpool budget would pep have took the job.

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers on Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:37 pm

@Unique wrote:another way to look at it is this. if city had the Liverpool budget would pep have took the job.

Probably not and why should he? Laughing

World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante on Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:38 pm

@danyjr wrote:
@futbol_bill wrote:Junior, as a dieheart Barca fan, you dare speak badly of one of your best coaches ever and to praise the worst scum (coach) in the world!

Me being a culé, another myth on this forum Sad
@Dante wrote:I am an idiot.
I agree.

That's all you got ?

It takes me more effort to fart than come up with this .

like i said earlier , pls delete yourself
Dante
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chemicalboy99 on Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:39 pm

@jibers wrote:
@Unique wrote:another way to look at it is this. if city had the Liverpool budget would pep have took the job.

:bow:
chemicalboy99
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer on Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:41 pm

Ur missing the point mate. City no doubt have huge resources but so are the challenges in front of Pep. I don't think city hired him for beating Arsenal or Leicester they want CL and for that they have to beat top European clubs.
Lucifer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James on Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:43 pm

@rincon wrote:This thread...

Carlo is meh and Guardiola is a coward, then who the f... is a good coach??

Pep is an ambitious top manager, thats it, he ain't jesus, and he ain't trying to prove anyone anything. Mou went Porto-Chelsea-Inter-Madrid-Chelsea. Carlo went Juve-Milan-Chelsea-PSG-Madrid-Bayer. Why can't Pep do the same?

He has a vision of how to play football. Not my favorite, but having different styles makes football that much better. And what does he want? to win as much as possible. And what does he needs for that? good teams.

Mou proved himself at Porto and Ancelotti with Reggiana and Parma.

Pep hasn't done anything like that tbh. He got the Barca job with the GOAT there, then went to beat up on Bundesliga scrubs in a one team league.

Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon on Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:44 pm

Who cares?
Might as well ask him to go coach Brescia in serie b since he played for them.

On one side we have a rich team, the best salary, working with people he knows from barca, a better squad, champions league football, immediate trophy options. On the other side is liverpool in a slump.

Why did Sarry leave empoli for napoli? Why did Mihajlovic leave samp for milan? Why did conte leave bari for Juve? Why did pellegrini leave malaga for city? and on and on.

Everyone does this.
rincon
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:45 pm

@jibers wrote:

he shouldn't. and I don't blame him for going to city with unlimited funds. but the fact is he has taken the easy job. he took the city job because he knows he can buy his way out of any problem he will face.

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:46 pm

@rincon wrote:

Who cares?
Might as well ask him to go coach Brescia in serie b since he played for them.

On one side we have a rich team, the best salary, working with people he knows from barca, a better squad, champions league football, immediate trophy options. On the other side is liverpool in a slump.

Why did Sarry leave empoli for napoli? Why did Mihajlovic leave samp for milan? Why did conte leave bari for Juve? Why did pellegrini leave malaga for city? and on and on.

Everyone does this.
I'm not saying he shouldn't. I'm just pointing out why he did.

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top