futbol
McAgger
LeBéninois
Great Leader Sprucenuce
BarrileteCosmico
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Where does England's forward line rank? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where does England's forward line rank?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:33 pm

It's not obvious at all Laughing

Besides Vardy shouldn't be near the team tbh, also Lukaku isn't better than Kane.

People get obsessed with numbers and don't look at the overall picture ( and the numbers are not much different anyway) Kane is a much better player when it comes to linking up and making those around them look better and make it easier for them.

It's the main reason Spurs are doing so well, because they have a striker who can get 20 goals but also can make the whole midfield dangerous because of how well he moves and links up.

For all Lukaku's goals he's not even in Kane's class when it comes to movement and link up play.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Where does England's forward line rank? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where does England's forward line rank?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:34 pm

M99 wrote:Come of it. Lukaku is the same level as Kane and Benteke is average. Though I'm confident he would make the Newcastle bench.

Doumbia is better IMO hmm

Meant England hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:35 pm

Anyway, I agree insofar as Belgium will not get anywhere at the Euros, if that's what this is about.
Hazard is in shambles and De Bruyne is injured.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:39 pm

Anyway if you want to actually compare England then the actual forward line will probably be Sterling, Roonay and Kane.

It's not amazing but it's quite good IMO and it's not like the rest of Europe are blessed with amazing forwards.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:47 pm

You call Lukaku crap but when's the last time Rooney even performed to a half-decent standard in an NT tournament ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:54 pm

rincon wrote:Off the top of my head Argentina and Uruguay are definitely better, so are France, Germany and Belgium. Probably a few others

How? Which class forwards does Germany have?

Belgium mole already covered
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:55 pm

Muller and Reus dont count as WC forwards ?

I dont understand the point of this thread in that case.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:00 pm

S wrote:You call Lukaku crap but when's the last time Rooney even performed to a half-decent standard in an NT tournament ?

Where did i call Lukaku crap lol?

Also Roonay has performed plenty of times, it's just half decent for him is to expect to be one of the best players in the tournament.

He's had plenty of half decent performances at international level in isolation when you ignore expectations and hype.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:05 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
S wrote:You call Lukaku crap but when's the last time Rooney even performed to a half-decent standard in an NT tournament ?

Also Roonay has performed plenty of times, it's just half decent for him is to expect to be one of the best players in the tournament.

He's had plenty of half decent performances at international level in isolation when you ignore expectations and hype.

You said Lukaku is crap at NT level while he's just had his best season of his career(at club level) thus far.He's only a 21 yr old kid and you're writing him off too soon.

Regarding Rooney,ofcourse we have to consider hype and expectations because of how good he's been at club level in previous yrs.Last 3 international tournaments,Rooney has been largely subpar.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:08 pm

His age is irrelevant considering he's been playing international football since he was 16 and has a very poor 11 goals in 45 games.

Doubt he'll magically get better tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:24 pm

Belgium has Hazard, Lukaku, Batshuayi, Mertens, Benteke. I would take them over England's. I know Hazard is in bad form, but he is still class.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:26 pm

S wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

You said Lukaku is crap at NT level while he's just had his best season of his career(at club level) thus far.He's only a 21 yr old kid and you're writing him off too soon.

Regarding Rooney,ofcourse we have to consider hype and expectations because of how good he's been at club level in previous yrs.Last 3 international tournaments,Rooney has been largely subpar.

Rooney was absolutely not subpar in the last euros. He looked miles ahead of the rest of the english team.against Italy...

and for Germany:
Reus, Muller and Gotze is a forward line.
that>>england's
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:49 pm

Benteke is still a decent player if a side decides to build around him.

It won't happen at Liverpool for him but I'm sure he could return to his early Villa form for some other team.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:37 pm

S wrote:Muller and Reus dont count as WC forwards ?

Reus sure, but is Muller a forward? I get that he plays on the wing for Germany, but in my mind I have trouble thinking of him as one.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:03 pm

Müller is a 9 with a margin of error of 2.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:10 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Reus sure, but is Muller a forward? I get that he plays on the wing for Germany, but in my mind I have trouble thinking of him as one.

Where do see Muller then? hmm
He basically plays wherever he is needed from attacking mid to CF and everything in between
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:59 am

I'd call Muller a forward, for sure.

As for the actual topic, I don't think England's front three are going to be very useful with the scrubs they have in midfield and defence. They won't do well, like always.

So I don't rank them highly, at all. Brazil, Argentina, Urugauy, France, Germany > England.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:48 am

Muller is a forward because he's a goalscorer imo. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:02 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:His age is irrelevant considering he's been playing international football since he was 16 and has a very poor 11 goals in 45 games.

Age is irrelevant? Pretty sure Messi had a similar international record at 21 Laughing
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:31 am

Cruijf wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:His age is irrelevant considering he's been playing international football since he was 16 and has a very poor 11 goals in 45 games.

Age is irrelevant? Pretty sure Messi had a similar international record at 21 Laughing

Yeah,just made a little research on his NT record.

13 goals in his first 44 apps rofl

Mole Proud
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:14 pm

rincon wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:

He basically plays wherever he is needed from attacking mid to CF and everything in between
To me he's a midfielder, like everyone else that plays for Pep Proud
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:23 pm

Only counting CFs, is England's depth better than Spain? Kane, Rooney, Vardy vs Costa, Morata, Nolito. I think that is a very interesting battle.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:26 pm

S wrote:
Cruijf wrote:

Yeah,just made a little research on his NT record.

13 goals in his first 44 apps rofl

Mole Proud

Yeah and he was rightly criticized for it, plus as if Messi is only scoring goals Laughing

Messi can be the best player on the pitch and not score, if Lukaku isn't scoring he isn't doing anything.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:38 pm

M99 wrote:Only counting CFs, is England's depth better than Spain? Kane, Rooney, Vardy vs Costa, Morata, Nolito. I think that is a very interesting battle.
England wins quite clearly. Morata only has 5 goals to his name despite playing for the bes team in his league. Diego Costa has a very poor record for Spain (1 goal in 10 games).
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:45 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
rincon wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:

To me he's a midfielder, like everyone else that plays for Pep Proud

Get with the program BC.

2015/16 Pep plays only defenders and forwards, no midfield.
Midfield is sooo 2014.

Where does England's forward line rank? - Page 2 Fc-bayern-muenchen-olympiakos-piraeus-formationen
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:48 pm

Interesting. A good example for all the people that think that Pep is an inflexible manager.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next