+4
McAgger
Art Morte
iftikhar
Curtinho
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

West Ham v. Liverpool, FA Cup replay - Page 2 Empty Re: West Ham v. Liverpool, FA Cup replay

Post by Unique Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:41 pm

Curtinho wrote:Stewart has been a real surprise. He's not flashy, simple, but does his job quite well. I would use him over Can and Lucas in midfield right now -- he's certainly making a case for himself.

Ilori is still quite weak yeah, and he gave the ball away too much for my liking. I don't think that he'll be 'found out' necessarily as he's talented enough but he still needs more experience.

Smith is easily better than Moreno, IMO. We are so much better down that side with Smith than Moreno, but of course Moreno will continue to start.

Benteke is in probably the worst form of his life. He actually played really well yesterday aside from his finishing -- unfortunately as a striker you need to be finishing at least one of those chances. Sad, especially for a guy that was 1/2 before coming to Liverpool, he seems to be completely devoid of confidence at the moment at least where goal scoring is concerned.

I think our offence looked good with Sturridge up front, but at the same time lost control of the game by taking off Coutinho and Teixeira at the same time to bring on two more strikers. Didn't make sense to me in terms of the team composition at the time, but it is what it is.
that is so clear to see mate. Thumbs up

Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

West Ham v. Liverpool, FA Cup replay - Page 2 Empty Re: West Ham v. Liverpool, FA Cup replay

Post by Nishankly Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:02 pm

I agree that Smith gets into better positions offensively then Moreno, Which is critical for our apparent system to work. He gets destroyed defensively as much as Moreno if not more. He's not better than Moreno though but it not's like we have a lot to lose in the LB position.

I don't mind Smith getting a few starts, Stewart can be a good CDM, Wouldn't mind him getting a chance as well.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:57 pm

I agree that Smith gets into better positions offensively then Moreno, Which is critical for our apparent system to work. He gets destroyed defensively as much as Moreno if not more. He's not better than Moreno though but it not's like we have a lot to lose in the LB position.

I don't agree with this. I think he does quite well defensively for the most part, and knows when to take a tactical foul but not an idiotic one. Led the team in 'defensive actions' vs. West Ham over two legs, fwiw. His interplay and forays down the left wing alone are worth binning Moreno for -- but he absolutely has shown to be better than Moreno for us (at least currently).
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:56 pm

why not try smith at left back and Moreno wide left. that way they can overlap and cover each other.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2