BarrileteCosmico
Unique
Harmonica
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
24 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Paul Pogba will surpass Zidane - Page 4 Empty Re: Paul Pogba will surpass Zidane

Post by Valkyrja Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:57 pm

RealGunner wrote:Not a surprise at all that Juventus immense form begin when Pogba started dominating the midfield.

Yet to see him dominate anything in the CL. Verratti has been performing in CL for years while Gundogan's 12/13 campaign was some of the best stuff I've ever seen a young midfielder do. Regarding the comparasion with Thiago, it's quite clear who is the better midfielder. Tbh I'm expecting Pogba to have a similar performance against Bayern as he had vs Barca in the CL final.

Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Paul Pogba will surpass Zidane - Page 4 Empty Re: Paul Pogba will surpass Zidane

Post by RealGunner Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:58 pm

Didn't Pogba assist Morata's goal against Madrid? Thought he was quite good in the 2nd leg
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:00 pm

Well, he was invisible against Real Madrid whether he assisted or not. But he has another chance to impress now against Bayern. Let's see what he's got.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:00 pm

Gundogan is 25, how far are we going to stretch this 'young talent' thing? Might as well include Bonaventura there
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:02 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:Well, he was invisible against Real Madrid whether he assisted or not. But he has another chance to impress now against Bayern. Let's see what he's got.

In fairness he was playing a completely different role then, was operating more like a forward than a midfielder.

Also i'm not gonna judge him against Bayern really, don't think any midfield could get on top of them. Even Barca completely ignored it and played through their forwards.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:05 pm

Pogba missed Dortmund 2nd leg, both Monaco games, Madrid 1st leg.A rusty version of him in the 2nd leg.

He's not 'proven' yet in the CL because he's barely played the important games in the competition Laughing
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:22 pm

His Real Madrid game shouldn't be taken into consideration because he was coming back from injury. Sure, I'll give you that.

But to say that he shouldn't be judged if he fails to deliver in the upcoming Bayern game? That I respectfully disagree with. Are we going to give him free pass when he fails to deliver against Europe's top sides, and praise him when he mops the floor with scrubs?

Juventus is a very strong team and they have a chance of knocking Bayern out. Pogba should prove his doubters wrong by stepping up in the big games and leading his side to victory.

He has over 100m price tag on his head and he's being touted as 'godly'. I expect to see some 'godly' stuff even if he loses.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:38 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Not a surprise at all that Juventus immense form begin when Pogba started dominating the midfield.

Yet to see him dominate anything in the CL. Verratti has been performing in CL for years while Gundogan's 12/13 campaign was some of the best stuff I've ever seen a young midfielder do. Regarding the comparasion with Thiago, it's quite clear who is the better midfielder. Tbh I'm expecting Pogba to have a similar performance against Bayern as he had vs Barca in the CL final.

What is this :facepalm:  Why not just admit you dont watch juve? He missed most of last season's knockout games due to injury.

If we are judging a player just because of their performance against Barca then what do we say about Madrid's Laughing

Pogba has excelled at everything he has done and he is only 22. He got into a midfield of Marchisio-Pirlo-Pogba as an 18 year old. He has already won everything but the CL (but got to a final) and even won the U20 worldcup with france and was the tournament's best player. But you know, 25 year old Gundogan had a great season so lets go with that.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:41 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Surely Dybala's development was a contributing factor also. hmm

for sure, everyone got in form. But our team was just not functioning without the midfield. Everything fell into place after that
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:42 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:His Real Madrid game shouldn't be taken into consideration because he was coming back from injury. Sure, I'll give you that.

But to say that he shouldn't be judged if he fails to deliver in the upcoming Bayern game? That I respectfully disagree with. Are we going to give him free pass when he fails to deliver against Europe's top sides, and praise him when he mops the floor with scrubs?

Juventus is a very strong team and they have a chance of knocking Bayern out. Pogba should prove his doubters wrong by stepping up in the big games and leading his side to victory.

He has over 100m price tag on his head and he's being touted as 'godly'. I expect to see some 'godly' stuff even if he loses.

Yeah but plenty of players of the same level would probably fail to excel against Bayern's midfield, it's a team game after all and he won't be able to do it by himself.

I'm just saying if he fails against Bayern it doesn't mean in the grand scheme of things he isn't a great player and one of the best in his position.

Also i don't see how it's fair to expect certain things for him because his agent says he is worth 100m, no one is worth 100m and should be expected to perform to that monetary standard.

Money doesn't mean anything anyway, it only ever gets brought up if a player flops. Nobody is mentioning Suarez hefty price tag or Neymar's now for example.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:55 pm

It began when Marchisio returned..
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:56 pm

let's not go into minor details which may or may not be relevant in today's time and period.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:11 am

Verratti is not even as good as Gundogan and Thiago.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:53 pm

Pogba is much more lethal compared to Thiago, Gundo or verratti imo. He does have "less" vision and his decision are sometime not best but he triumps over his counterparts in supreme physical presence and his drive forward which leads to many chances and not to mention his long range rockets. Which means he is more likely to setup someone or score himself some screamer or atleast earn corners for his team than aforementioned players. Believe me as opposition I don't want that beast around box.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:58 pm

They play different roles and could all actually work together. A midfield of Pogba-Thiago-Verratti would be amazing.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:06 pm

Ofcourse they play different roles and all are pretty good at it no doubt whatsoever. I just prefer Pogba more due to aforementioned reasons and also I believe he has Barca DNA

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:39 pm

free_cat wrote:Verratti is not even as good as Gundogan and Thiago.

Laughing
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:59 pm

So, you think that Pogba is better than Thiago, Verratti and Gundogan ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:07 am

Valkyrja wrote:

So, you think that Pogba is better than Thiago, Verratti and Gundogan ?

Yes, IMO Pogba is the best of them, although Thiago, being a completely different player is as good but his injuryproneness puts him below Pogba.

I don't understand why people rate Verratti that much. Yes, he is one of the best young CM out there, but people act like he is already the BEST in the world. I see a player with decision making problems, who loses the ball way too much in dangerous positions, and who is a very rough tackler who gets sent off too easily and should get more sent off. Also, his stats are unimpressive considering he is the most creative midfielder at PSG.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 30, 2016 9:21 pm

What a pass

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon May 30, 2016 9:22 pm

Will?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 30, 2016 9:23 pm

Too early atm imo

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon May 30, 2016 9:37 pm

Poor goal keeping but a great cross nonetheless
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next