Conte at Chelsea

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Conte at Chelsea

Post by BarcaLearning on Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:29 am

@Blue Barrett wrote:
@BarcaLearning wrote:Cant help but bash Pedro again, but I just feel he isnt good enough to be a regular for a team like Chelsea to win the league. Willian is better than him, but Conte just loves Pedro and seems to prefer him. He had chemistry with Costa as well, but hes gone so it further affects Pedros output.

Conte really needs to make things right soon otherwise they look like no chance with the title defense.

This is just proof that you've never watched Willian over an entire season. Please don't say what you don't know Laughing Willian better than Pedro? Hahahaha!!! Willian is an extremely frustrating player who doesn't know the first thing about creativity on the pitch and will make the dumb decision 8 times out of 10. Pace merchant who doesn't even score nearly as much as his talent allows him to. I like the guy but no way he should be starting for us. Pedro has offered us so much more. Maybe try watching Chelsea a bit more before you say any of that? Or are you just saying that because you're a Barca fan and are trying to further justify Barca binning Pedro?

@BarcaLearning wrote:Cant help but bash Pedro again, but I just feel he isnt good enough to be a regular for a team like Chelsea to win the league
He did exactly that last season and was one of our most important players. Scored important goals in like 5 different matches if I recall correctly and chipped in about 12 goals or so.


Dont know, most of the time I watch him, especailly more recently, he doesnt feel good enough. His strengths are his eye for goal, pace, work rate, but creatively I definitely dont rate him over Willian, let alone overall. With Costa gone and the way Chelsea play, wont be easy for him. Lets see how he progresses as the season goes.

BarcaLearning
First Team
First Team

Posts : 4146
Join date : 2011-12-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Conte at Chelsea

Post by Blue Barrett on Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:55 am

Cut the nonsense. Conte isn't going anywhere. Sometimes I feel like people just want to believe the sensational story whether it flies in the face of logic or not.

_________________

avatar
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sunderland
Posts : 10274
Join date : 2012-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Conte at Chelsea

Post by Vlad the Impaler on Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:06 pm

@Blue Barrett wrote:Cut the nonsense. Conte isn't going anywhere. Sometimes I feel like people just want to believe the sensational story whether it flies in the face of logic or not.


+1

Abramovich sacked Chelsea's managers only with some reason behind it. It's obvious that he doesn't give his support to them for more than half a season if the team goes down, but should he?  A home loss and that's it? Nope, I don't think so. Honestly, Chelsea is doing just fine right now. Especially after winning at Tottenham.

And about the fact that Conte isn't happy about how this transfer market went so far...it would be a puerile attitude from him to quit his job because of this. Those guys are professionals, they are mature, they don't quit a job just because there is a conflict. It's always more than that.
avatar
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 3198
Join date : 2012-04-12
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Re: Conte at Chelsea

Post by rincon on Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:15 pm

Conte straight up quit his last club job (Juve) because of the disparity in ideas in the transfer market. So yes, definitely if this keeps going on he'll end up quitting again.
avatar
rincon
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 8353
Join date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Conte at Chelsea

Post by Vlad the Impaler on Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:18 pm

@rincon wrote:Conte straight up quit his last club job (Juve) because of the disparity in ideas in the transfer market. So yes, definitely if this keeps going on he'll end up quitting again.


If that is true I'm sorry to say, but he is an idiot. (if it is about a single transfer period)
avatar
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 3198
Join date : 2012-04-12
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Re: Conte at Chelsea

Post by rincon on Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:37 pm

2 transfer periods basically. When he arrived the squad got a heavy investment (pirlo, Vidal, Vucinic, Marti, Quagliarella, etc.). The seasons after that, he always wanted to improve the squad more while Juve were fairly broke. That we didn't get him wingers (Cuadrado, Alexis, Iturbe, etc.) And that Juve couldn't spend as much at the time as he wanted, ended with him leaving.

That famous phrase "you can't eat in a €100 restaurant with €10" when he talked about the CL while at Juve.
avatar
rincon
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 8353
Join date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Conte at Chelsea

Post by Blue Barrett on Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:41 pm

@rincon wrote:Conte straight up quit his last club job (Juve) because of the disparity in ideas in the transfer market. So yes, definitely if this keeps going on he'll end up quitting again.

Our board have mostly been stupid but they've also tried. He wanted Morata, we got him Morata eventually. He wanted Rudiger (since summer 2016 actually but got injured and we abandoned the transfer), we got him Rudiger. He wanted Sandro, we made a few bids for Sandro but Juve just won't sell, that's not our fault. I'm sure Conte realises that. Having said that, we should have gotten more cover for our midfield much sooner and cover at RWB as well as stepping away from Sandro much earlier to target other LWBs. We're about to spend 30m-40m on Danny Drinkwater when Corentin Tolisso went to Bayern for 35m. Granted he chose Bayern over us but if we really wanted him we could have offered him more money and made our intent stronger. We let players like Cancelo and co go to Inter and we're trying to get Oxlade-Chamberlain. Stupid on the board's part.

It's important for Conte to continue to put pressure on the board. If there's no pressure on them, we get a season like 15/16. That said, this isn't the same situation as when Conte left Juve so saying he'll quit is atm far fetched.

_________________

avatar
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sunderland
Posts : 10274
Join date : 2012-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Conte at Chelsea

Post by Tomwin Lannister on Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:13 pm

Conte needs to realise that unless he's at Madrid, PSG or United then he's not going to get exactly what he wants 9/10 times.

_________________




Luke Harper wrote:We are the ones... the ones that you've been told about. And WE... are walking upright.

Studying about those good ol' days and who shall wear, the starry crown gooood lawd. Show me the waaaaay.

Unbeaten 2011/2012.


:bow: :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:
avatar
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 26204
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 77

Back to top Go down

Re: Conte at Chelsea

Post by RealGunner on Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:19 pm

avatar
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 74566
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Conte at Chelsea

Post by Hapless_Hans on Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:12 pm



Rodgers has 215 points from his last 100 league games, more than Simeone ffs

_________________
avatar
Hapless_Hans
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 20095
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Conte at Chelsea

Post by Blue Barrett on Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:49 am

We perform best when no one thinks we can win. We'll keep flying under the Manchester radar and keep doing our thing. Crisis? What crisis?

_________________

avatar
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sunderland
Posts : 10274
Join date : 2012-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Conte at Chelsea

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum