Next Manager thread

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Next Manager thread

Post by Hapless_Hans on Mon May 08, 2017 9:18 am

Dortmund board have basically run over Tuchel with an armada of mega-size trucks in the press in recent days. He's definitively leaving.

Considering those clowns sold their 3 core players in summer and still publicly demanded direct CL quali from Tuchel, with a bunch of 17-19 year old newbies + Castro and Rode, I'd say they might have shot themselves in the foot.

Tuchel seems to be somewhat of a psycho but he sure is a great coach.

Let's see how David Wagner does instead.

Hapless_Hans
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 19570
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Next Manager thread

Post by iftikhar on Mon May 08, 2017 9:33 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:Dortmund board have basically run over Tuchel with an armada of mega-size trucks in the press in recent days. He's definitively leaving.

Considering those clowns sold their 3 core players in summer and still publicly demanded direct CL quali from Tuchel, with a bunch of 17-19 year old newbies + Castro and Rode, I'd say they might have shot themselves in the foot.

Tuchel seems to be somewhat of a psycho but he sure is a great coach.

Let's see how David Wagner does instead.
Tuchel to Roma??? hmm
avatar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 6695
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

Re: Next Manager thread

Post by MJ on Mon May 08, 2017 10:58 am

No doubt Tuchel is a good coach but part of what makes a great manager is his ability to maintain harmony throughout the club. If he has a track record of burning bridges with the higher ups then that's a red flag.

Not for Arsenal where the 'higher ups' are actually quiet businessmen.

_________________
"I thought football's greatest honour was representing your country. I was wrong. It was playing for Arsenal." - Joe Mercer


avatar
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 8099
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Next Manager thread

Post by urbaNRoots on Mon May 08, 2017 11:44 am

When you think about it, the Arsenal board is perfect for Tuchel and vice versa. They don't interfere at all in football matters and give their manager full control and Tuchel seems like the kind of manager who would love that.

What ever you think of Tuchel, he is definitely a better and more modern manager than Arsene Wenger. I wouldn't hesitate for one moment to replace Wenger with him.
avatar
urbaNRoots
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 14224
Join date : 2011-08-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Next Manager thread

Post by MJ on Mon May 08, 2017 1:50 pm

Theoretically, yes. But the idea of having another manager with almost total control isn't a pleasant thought. Maybe our board would be less docile after Wenger and try to actually help run the club but the general consensus seems to be moving towards a setup where there are checks and balances in the Arsenal hierarchy. A DoF to relieve the manager of some of his responsibilities would help.

And if Tuchel is that combative that he fell out with his chief scout and they aren't even on speaking terms, it's more than him just wanting a less hands-on board.

_________________
"I thought football's greatest honour was representing your country. I was wrong. It was playing for Arsenal." - Joe Mercer


avatar
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 8099
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Next Manager thread

Post by urbaNRoots on Mon May 08, 2017 2:19 pm

As someone who follows Dortmund closely, I'm very disappointed with the lack of ambition shown by the club in the transfer window. Think of Arsenal between 2006-2013. They signed a bunch of kids who are not good right now and might never become good plus some older guys who have never been good in the first place. Even this summer they've gone and signed Toprak as their main CB signing (although Dahoud was a fantastic signing tbf).

Maybe he is disappointed as well and doesn't agree to follow the club into mediocrity.

I'll update if more comes up about this situation.

_________________
avatar
urbaNRoots
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 14224
Join date : 2011-08-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Next Manager thread

Post by RealGunner on Mon May 08, 2017 5:50 pm

Don't want that fraud Tuchel anywhere near Arsenal.

Allegri
Sarri
Jardim
Brendan Rodgers

avatar
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 73231
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Next Manager thread

Post by iftikhar on Mon May 08, 2017 6:18 pm

RealGunner wrote:Don't want that fraud Tuchel anywhere near Arsenal.

Allegri
Sarri
Jardim
Brendan Rodgers

Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
Luciano Spalletti
:coffee:
avatar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 6695
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

Re: Next Manager thread

Post by Jay29 on Tue May 09, 2017 10:28 am

This is what Wenger thinks of a Directors of Football:



Now I'm wondering if the club's move to get a DoF in is the cause of the rift between Wenger and the board. hmm
avatar
Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla
Posts : 15404
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Next Manager thread

Post by urbaNRoots on Tue May 09, 2017 2:36 pm

Arsene Mugabe confirmed.

_________________
avatar
urbaNRoots
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 14224
Join date : 2011-08-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Next Manager thread

Post by rincon on Tue May 09, 2017 3:32 pm

Jardim for coach and Sabatini for DoF imo. (I don't think I actually know any english DoF so I can't propose others)
avatar
rincon
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 7663
Join date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Next Manager thread

Post by free_cat on Wed May 10, 2017 1:07 pm

I've had an inside source tell me Arsenal is signing Valverde.

So sad you guys sign him. He is a great manager and would have loved him at Barcelona. Only doubt is if he'll adapt caus of the language.

I tremble of the shit coach we will sign now...

_________________
avatar
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 8544
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Next Manager thread

Post by Hapless_Hans on Wed May 10, 2017 1:53 pm

free_cat wrote:I've had an inside source tell me Arsenal is signing Valverde.

So sad you guys sign him. He is a great manager and would have loved him at Barcelona. Only doubt is if he'll adapt caus of the language.

I tremble of the shit coach we will sign now...


You'll get Tuchel which will be fantastic

He's even more of a hipsters dream than Pep.

Franchise, Alex will return.

It will be just like old times, only without the trophies.

_________________
avatar
Hapless_Hans
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Bayern Munich
Posts : 19570
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Next Manager thread

Post by Hapless_Hans on Wed May 10, 2017 1:53 pm

Jay29 wrote:This is what Wenger thinks of a Directors of Football:



Now I'm wondering if the club's move to get a DoF in is the cause of the rift between Wenger and the board. hmm


It's sad that Wenger is being such a dick over such important questions.

_________________
avatar
Hapless_Hans
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Bayern Munich
Posts : 19570
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Next Manager thread

Post by Raptorgunner on Wed May 10, 2017 3:25 pm

Wenger the absolute dictator, he got so mad when the question of DoF came up. rofl

_________________
avatar
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 17961
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Next Manager thread

Post by Sina on Wed May 10, 2017 4:26 pm

Wenger wrote:“Maybe the time will come where the football manager will not be a football specialist any more – that we will have enough computers around him to analyse the game and, straightaway, he pushes on the button and, after the game, comes out the team for the next game,” Wenger said. “The supporters will have a word to say to make a change at half-time on the internet. They will send it in. It might come –but it will not be from me.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/may/09/arsene-wenger-director-of-football-arsenal

ffs Laughing

_________________


"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."
Spoiler:
avatar
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 7863
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Next Manager thread

Post by Jay29 on Wed May 10, 2017 4:47 pm

He sounds like an out-of-touch granddad ranting about kids using new technology Laughing Somebody stop this man ffs.

avatar
Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla
Posts : 15404
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Next Manager thread

Post by urbaNRoots on Wed May 10, 2017 4:55 pm

Isn't it a bit ironic coming from the man who uses StatDNA to sign players?

_________________
avatar
urbaNRoots
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 14224
Join date : 2011-08-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Next Manager thread

Post by free_cat on Thu May 11, 2017 8:27 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
free_cat wrote:I've had an inside source tell me Arsenal is signing Valverde.

So sad you guys sign him. He is a great manager and would have loved him at Barcelona. Only doubt is if he'll adapt caus of the language.

I tremble of the shit coach we will sign now...


You'll get Tuchel which will be fantastic

He's even more of a hipsters dream than Pep.

Franchise, Alex will return.

It will be just like old times, only without the trophies.


No way we are signing Tuchel. Though he would be better than Unzue, probably.

_________________
avatar
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 8544
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Next Manager thread

Post by El Gunner on Thu May 11, 2017 9:52 am

Sina wrote:
Wenger wrote:“Maybe the time will come where the football manager will not be a football specialist any more – that we will have enough computers around him to analyse the game and, straightaway, he pushes on the button and, after the game, comes out the team for the next game,” Wenger said. “The supporters will have a word to say to make a change at half-time on the internet. They will send it in. It might come –but it will not be from me.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/may/09/arsene-wenger-director-of-football-arsenal

ffs Laughing

rofl dafuq?
Why is the man exaggerating so much?

_________________


_______________________________
Freeza wrote:...so let the aunt have fun with her nephew.
avatar
El Gunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 10940
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 20

Back to top Go down

Re: Next Manager thread

Post by urbaNRoots on Thu May 11, 2017 12:22 pm

Reports | catradio

The FC Barcelona board is considering Thomas Tuchel as a candidate to succeed Luis Enrique at Barca.

pls kill me if we don't even try to get him.

_________________
avatar
urbaNRoots
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 14224
Join date : 2011-08-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Next Manager thread

Post by RealGunner on Thu May 11, 2017 4:29 pm

He is a fraud.

avatar
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 73231
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Next Manager thread

Post by urbaNRoots on Thu May 11, 2017 4:33 pm

Disagree hmm

Even then he is still better than another 2 years with Wenger.

_________________
avatar
urbaNRoots
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 14224
Join date : 2011-08-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Next Manager thread

Post by Sri on Fri May 12, 2017 8:27 am

urbaNRoots wrote:..better than another 2 years with Wenger.


That is a very low bar to surpass.
avatar
Sri
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 13638
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Next Manager thread

Post by El Gunner on Fri May 12, 2017 9:58 am

Sri wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:..better than another 2 years with Wenger.


That is a very low bar to surpass.

The Limbo dance is actually quite hard to succeed in.

_________________


_______________________________
Freeza wrote:...so let the aunt have fun with her nephew.
avatar
El Gunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 10940
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 20

Back to top Go down

Re: Next Manager thread

Post by Sri on Fri May 12, 2017 12:27 pm

El Gunner wrote:
Sri wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:..better than another 2 years with Wenger.


That is a very low bar to surpass.

The Limbo dance is actually quite hard to succeed in.
I didn't say the new guy has to pass *below* the bar. You are right though. It would be harder for a new guy to perform lower than AW.
avatar
Sri
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 13638
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Next Manager thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum