EL Patron
Hapless_Hans
Chumlum
RealGunner
40 posters

Page 2 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Go down

Who do you want as our next manager?

Next Manager thread - Page 2 Vote_lcap45%Next Manager thread - Page 2 Vote_rcap 45% 
[ 5 ]
Next Manager thread - Page 2 Vote_lcap18%Next Manager thread - Page 2 Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 2 ]
Next Manager thread - Page 2 Vote_lcap36%Next Manager thread - Page 2 Vote_rcap 36% 
[ 4 ]
Next Manager thread - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Next Manager thread - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 11

Next Manager thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Next Manager thread

Post by rwo power Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:03 pm

Chumlum wrote:Also I kind of like the idea of Paulo Sousa, unmentioned in the above article, who I think someone mentioned somewhere in another thread.
Trust me, you do not want Paolo Sousa. Ask any random Basel fan ^^

rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:56 pm

lmfao Tuchel can go to Bayern

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:58 pm

De Boer? Haven't heard too many rumors/opinions about FDB coming in recently but honestly, given what options are left, and the Bergkamp connection, and the attacking football, and the Jonker appointment ... it still seems like it'd make a fair amount of sense.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:05 am

Personal preference here, but I don't think I could stomach another season of short passing, 70% possession with little substance.

Also Ajax's European record under him is pretty poor, which suggests he's not as flexible with his tactics as he could be.

Marcelino at Villareal is looking like an attractive option at the moment. He's done some brilliant work there. They're like Atleti-lite, just a bit less gritty.

Last edited by Jay29 on Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:08 am

Gourcuff is available... he's really really really really good.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:32 am

M99 wrote:Pippo.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:40 pm

Tony Pulis pls
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:26 am

Although it's not a realistic option, I like to think about Simeone to Arsenal.

As a manager, he would give Arsenal the kick up the ass needed as well as moving on the dead wood and the players who aren't buying into the team and motivate Arsenal to become winners again, which I think has been missing from the team since Henry and co. left.

The big issue of course would be style, but that's what makes this more curious as a move to any other--I wonder if Simeone would be able to adapt to both the EPL and a certain open, attacking style that Arsenal is supposed to embody. He could certainly turn Arsenal into a good team on the counter again, but I wonder if he could sustain a possession based team.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:26 pm

Majority owner is perfectly happy with a manager that guarantees him top 4 in EPL though... he's all about the money. As long as Arsenal's cash flows are steady, i doubt you see a change.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:51 am

if the Arsenal brand takes too bigger hit that cash flow will start to diminish. Suddenly spurs feel like the sexier club to support - that's bad for Arsenal commercially..

Out of all current options I like Sampaoli. Lets roll the dice.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:44 pm

Arsenal have earmarked Eddie Howe as Wenger's successor according o The Daily Star

DEAD
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:33 am

RealGunner wrote:Arsenal have earmarked Eddie Howe as Wenger's successor according o The Daily Star

DEAD

The future English Pep tbh :coffee:
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:05 am

Daily Star.

Thank god I saw that before I finished writing my open letter.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:02 am

The Gunners are planning for the post-Arsene Wenger era with Bundesliga leaders RB Leipzig coach Ralph Hasenhuttl on the shortlist of replacement.(The Sun)

crap source but an interesting option hmm
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:04 pm

meh
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:41 pm

Bayer Leverkusen just fired him, why would we get him of all the managers available Laughing

Absolute BS.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:03 am

Eddie Howe is English and therefore I am certain that he would fail as our manager.

Tuchel has accomplished nothing in his career to suggest that he deserves to be considered an elite coach.

Allegri is top class tactically but has almost only won in a top-heavy league when his team was clearly the best (the exception being his early days at Milan before he oversaw their collapse).

Simeone is the best option in terms of his success but his teams play a lot differently than we currently do fundamentally. I also don't know how likely his appointment is because his future with Atletico is up in the air.

For me - Plan A: Simeone. Plan B: Allegri. Plan C: if no other legit manager arises, Wenger.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:50 am

Eman wrote:
Simeone is the best option in terms of his success but his teams play a lot differently than we currently do fundamentally. I also don't know how likely his appointment is because his future with Atletico is up in the air.

For me - Plan A: Simeone. Plan B: Allegri. Plan C: if no other legit manager arises, Wenger.

Mostly agree, Eman. A fundamental, tectonic shift is what we need.

I am not convinced about Allegri either.

My Plan C would rather be football = ~10 mins of catch up on GL a week than what you mention. I will not watch another game, or follow the club (on social media or otherwise) till this man is gone. Easiest new year's resolution I have ever made in my life Razz

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:10 am

Plan C is not to try anything at all to improve our situation? hmm

I would rather appoint Howe than continue with Wenger.

But thankfully there are other options, Jardim, Sarri, Favre, Sampaoli and many more better managers than Wenger.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:13 am

Get Sarri in here so I can watch more Arsenal games.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:39 pm

I'm a believer in Max Allegri
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:04 pm

rincon wrote:Get Sarri in here so I can watch more Arsenal games.

would be my top choice if he became available,apparently doesnt speak English though?
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:38 pm

You guys speak of many managers who are better than Wenger but so many of them have accomplished nothing. Doing well with teams that aren't good enough to win trophies is impressive but how can we assume that any of those guys will come here and not completely destroy us? Look at how many shit managers Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, etc have appointed when they went for promise rather than winners.

We are doing very poorly right now but it's not like every single aspect of our team has fallen apart, which is what can happen when you make risky appointments, which the majority of the guys we are being linked to would be. I would personally fall on my sword trying to win again with Wenger than risk our team falling apart under the leadership of someone who has not earned the right to be considered an elite manager.

I am not saying that I think Wenger is the right choice, but if we want to be an elite club then we need to be recruiting an elite manager. Anything less than that and the mediocrity is likely to continue or get worse.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:47 pm

You guys speak of many managers who are better than Wenger but so many of them have accomplished nothing. Doing well with teams that aren't good enough to win trophies is impressive but how can we assume that any of those guys will come here and not completely destroy us? Look at how many shit managers Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, etc have appointed when they went for promise rather than winners.

We are doing very poorly right now but it's not like every single aspect of our team has fallen apart, which is what can happen when you make risky appointments, which the majority of the guys we are being linked to would be. I would personally fall on my sword trying to win again with Wenger than risk our team falling apart under the leadership of someone who has not earned the right to be considered an elite manager.

I am not saying that I think Wenger is the right choice, but if we want to be an elite club then we need to be recruiting an elite manager. Anything less than that and the mediocrity is likely to continue or get worse.

Frankly this is nonsense. Who was Simeone before Atletico, Guardiola before Barca, Allegri before Milan, Zidane before Madrid, Enrique before Barca, Klopp before Dortmund, Conte before Juve, etc? All coaches who we now refer to as "winners" yet hadn't won a thing before they got the opportunity at a big club to put their methods into practice with top level players. How else could they have "earned the right" to be consider elite managers?

Fearing a shit manager is no reason to keep Wenger in the job. It's this sort of thinking that leads to Wenger never being let go. Better the devil you know and all that. The club will never move forward with thinking like that.

Fact is, nobody can guarantee success. "Elite" Simeone could walk into Arsenal and flop just as much "unproven" Leonardo Jardim could come in and win a title. Until we hire a new manager nobody will ever know. What you do instead is that you hire a guy who has ideas that the players buy into, who has a modern approach to the game and can maximise the talent in the squad. You get a guy that improves on Wenger in every way and support him with the right people.

Just as an example. Monaco's squad is weaker than ours but were we to play Monaco now we would 100% lose. Because Monaco are better coached. Likewise with Sampaoli's Sevilla, Sarri's Napoli and Tuchel's Dortmund. Clubs that spend a fraction of the money we do.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:57 pm

Eman wrote:You guys speak of many managers who are better than Wenger but so many of them have accomplished nothing. Doing well with teams that aren't good enough to win trophies is impressive but how can we assume that any of those guys will come here and not completely destroy us? Look at how many shit managers Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, etc have appointed when they went for promise rather than winners.

Getting a new manager is a gamble, and if it doesn't work out, we sack him and get another manager. Just like how the rest of the football world operates. It's not such a big deal.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:04 pm

Tuchel's Dortmund have not impressed me at all. I think he's taken them backwards as a club since he took over from Klopp. Sarri has been at Napoli for 1 year and has made them better but not winners...Harry Redknapp had an impressive year once. Sampaoli is doing very well at Sevilla, but he didn't make that team, Emery did, and in a year he may be considered shit for all we know.

Meanwhile, the others you mentioned all joined teams that were either a) already absolute class and could afford to risk making a bad appointment moreso than we can now because the team would find ways to win or b) worse than we are right now and which could never have attracted a big name anyway. Anyway that's really my main point here.

I see what you're saying, you make a good point and I'm not saying never give people chances because of course you have to. A name isn't everything. But we're all sitting here pointing at various guys who have not consistently proven anything and acting like the club would be mad for not appointing all of them as if they're all obvious choices. Now is not a time to take a risk on a nobody manager in my opinion. Now is the time to get someone who has won year in year out to reduce the risk of another shitty season by as much as possible.

Someone like that could also fail of course as failure in this game is always more likely than success, but if we do not get someone who has an incredible CV then we are being naive in the face of a crisis situation and taking the other extreme side of the spectrum (compared to the 'devil you know side') which is the 'grass is greener' approach to this appointment. If we want to win, and win ASAP in light of this season's results, then going after just anyone is more likely to fail than succeed.

We have a team name that can attract a huge manager. Why would we not jump on that right now? The longer we wait, our attraction could diminish.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next