alexjanosik
BarrileteCosmico
Myesyats
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Eibar - Barcelona Empty Eibar - Barcelona

Post by Myesyats Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:26 pm

Bravo - Alves Pique Mascherano Alba - Busquets Rakitic Arda - Munir Suarez Messi

start in 30 mins or so

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Eibar - Barcelona Empty Re: Eibar - Barcelona

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:49 pm

Defense was leaking chances these last 15 minutes, Messi scored the 2nd at the right moment to calm ourselves and end their momentum.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:03 pm

A good game from us under difficult circumstances. Must be very tough playing so many games on the trot.
Messi with a sublime performance. He is hitting form at the right time and more importantly, he is moving well.
Alves with a barnstormer of a game.What a passer he is, especially under pressure. Alves put on an exhibition of passing under pressure out there.
The very good passers can play great passes when free. What separates the very good from the elite is passing under pressure and that is where Alves stands out. He is an elite passer and I cant name 3 better passers than him in world football.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:05 pm

Dammit, just woke up and missed the game all together. I'll try and catch a replay of it later
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:23 pm

alves had a terrible last 30 minutes idk what your talking about lol
gave three balls away in like 30 seconds

was also lucky not to concede two penalties
trying to do no look passes but failing

your bias has no limits
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:46 pm

Terrible 30 min.Watch the game again. He is still the best fullback on the planet and we dont win jack without him.
Oh I forgot.You are on the Messi bandwagon.Jog it on.
Does it hurt you to know that Alves is a better passer under pressure than Messi.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:57 pm

Thoughts on Munir's performance? Is he ready to step up as the first alternative to MSN and become the new Pedro?

Personally I tought his passing was quite imprecise, and you could see it annoy Suarez at times, but at the same time he opened the score board when it mattered.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:59 pm

Plays a wonderful pass to set Messi through for the penalty play but hey if frreakin donuts says Alves had a terrible 30 min, must be true.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:25 pm

alexjanosik wrote:Terrible 30 min.Watch the game again. He is still the best fullback on the planet and we dont win jack without him.
Does it hurt you to know that Alves is a better passer under pressure than Messi.

Don't be cocky
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:06 pm

alexjanosik wrote:Terrible 30 min.Watch the game again. He is still the best fullback on the planet and we dont win jack without him.

Eibar - Barcelona Ron-swanson-computer-throw-out-parks-and-rec

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:12 pm

messi bandwagon? lol
i'm on the messi bandwagon because i don't agree with you that suarez is infinitely better than messi and the worst thing that could happen to barca
and because i disagree with you that alves had a shat game, if the ref was fair with the calls we would of conceded two penalties, shirt tugging and handball all from alves, but no he had a great game :whistle:

btw did it hurt you to see sergi roberto assist suarez? did your brain compute what happened or did you just blank it all out until suarez got ahold of the ball.

i wont even begin to compare messi and alve's passing lmao let alone under pressure you're just proving the point that you're past the harmonica level of bias lol
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:17 pm

36 games unbeaten now as well.

Luis Lurcho Enrique Martinez :bow: Show us the way

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:22 pm

Marcus Aurelius wrote:

Eibar - Barcelona Ron-swanson-computer-throw-out-parks-and-rec

rofl

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:36 pm

alexjanosik wrote: I cant name 3 better passers than him in world football.
messi iniesta and rakitic
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:15 am

Rakitic really isn't.

Messi, Busquets, Iniesta are better. And that's only from barca
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:32 am

Donuts wrote:messi bandwagon? lol
i'm on the messi bandwagon because i don't agree with you that suarez is infinitely better than messi and the worst thing that could happen to barca
and because i disagree with you that alves had a shat game, if the ref was fair with the calls we would of conceded two penalties, shirt tugging and handball all from alves, but no he had a great game :whistle:

btw did it hurt you to see sergi roberto assist suarez? did your brain compute what happened or did you just blank it all out until suarez got ahold of the ball.

i wont even begin to compare messi and alve's passing lmao let alone under pressure you're just proving the point that you're past the harmonica level of bias lol

Ifs and buts. What penalty? Lucky for us, we dont live in a parallel universe. We live in this one where Alves had a great game. I dont recall saying Suarez is infinitely better than Messi. I said he is a Messi level player and he has proven that beyond a shadow of a doubt the past 3 seasons. Must bother you so much to have seen Messi flopping only to have Suarez come in and change the team overnight.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:45 am

Valkyrja wrote:Rakitic really isn't.

Messi, Busquets, Iniesta are better. And that's only from barca

They really are not. And when someone says Rakitic, just shows you the level of understanding of some Barca fans.
Messi has a great Hollywood ball and is probably the best final passer in the world but he isnt a particularly good passer under pressure. Also his passing is a bit casual when playing the supposedly easier passes. He either overhits it and the recipient has difficulty controlling it or hits it to the wrong foot where again the recipient has difficulty controlling it. You watch any Barca game and this is painfully evident. These are 2 areas(passing under pressure and perfecting the easier passes), where Alves is better than Messi.
Busquets is not a better passer than Alves. You press him and he makes a mistake. Alves wont 99% of the time. And passing under pressure is what separates the very good from the elite.
Even if exclude passing under pressure, Busquets loses out. Alves is just simply better.

Iniesta is a tough one. I have always had trouble rating Iniesta's passing and consequently always go back and forth on his ranking among the very best of passers. I think Iniesta has a better final ball than Alves.Although that could be because Alves plays further back. He certainly has the ability as shown in the Clasico league decider last season and against Atletico this season.
Iniesta is as good a passer as Alves under pressure.His general passing is also very good and he more often than not passes to the right foot and with the correct weight to make it easy for the opponent(like Alves). Overall Iniesta is a shade better passer.
So thats one passer better than Alves. It is an interesting discussion. Feel free to name others from outside Barca. Would be happy to discuss.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:21 am

What is under pressure? I would like to see one example from Alves and then ask Harmonica to bring similar examples from Messi.
And then the reaction of Alexjanosik would be brilliant

Also disagree with busquets part. I think only at long balls Alves is better.busquets is better final passer and his vision is better as an overall passer

If we talk about easier passes i can tell that i get annoyed when i see Alves crosses landing in stands.everyone makes mistakes so easier passes part is a bit uneccesary argument

From the world i have no example because two best passers in the game play in barcelona.and you downplayed them. So no hope for the world
Edit: fabregas comes to my mind.he is brilliant passer probably top 3 in the world
Kebab
Kebab

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:59 am

Passing under pressure means passing under pressure. It is what separates the men from the boys among pros when it comes to passing. It is what made Xavi the best passer of all time. Just rewatch yesterdays game and focus on Alves passing when being pressed by the Eibar players. It was spectacular just like in any game when we are pressed.

Watch how he effectively relieved the pressure even under intense pressure with his passing. He opened up the play brilliantly with his passing and there were more than a couple of occasions when he switched the play to an open Alba on the opposing flank when pressed.

Disagree on Busquets. Alves has better vision and is just a better passer. Agree that Alves is not a very good crosser but then crossing is a very tiny part of passing. Also how can we judge players like Busquets and Iniesta when they dont cross at all. For all we know Busquets and Iniesta too might not be very good crossers.

You are right that the best passers play for us. My argument is that Alves is one of them and is criminally underrated.
And no way is Fabregas a top 3 passer. We saw how good his passing was when playing for us. Hopeless under pressure. He is good when he has ten yards of space around him. Classic Hollywood passer who might impress the casuals. Alves is comfortably better.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:48 am

nazimali12 wrote:
alexjanosik wrote: I cant name 3 better passers than him in world football.
messi iniesta and rakitic

Rakitic Laughing okay, lets not get ahead of ourselves Laughing
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:58 am

alexjanosik wrote:

Watch how he effectively relieved the pressure even under intense pressure with his passing. He opened up the play brilliantly with his passing and there were more than a couple of occasions when he switched the play to an open Alba on the opposing flank when pressed.
I think this is what you mean passing under pressure
Kebab
Kebab

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:29 am

Great video.Precisely what I mean. Passing under pressure separates the men from the boys and Alves is an elite passer under pressure.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:48 am

I think this is called different thing, but definitely not passing under pressure. maybe tiki taka under pressure? because its simply passes but used in right moment and right place. I agree that Alves is the best at it (only second to messi) in Barcelona team.

here is more of them
Kebab
Kebab

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:31 am

Alves isn't a better passer than Messi under pressure, above pressure or besides pressure.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:59 am

nazimali12 wrote:I think this is called different thing, but definitely not passing under pressure. maybe tiki taka under pressure? because its simply passes but used in right moment and right place. I agree that Alves is the best at it (only second to messi) in Barcelona team.

here is more of them

Why isnt it passing under pressure? They perform a complicated sequence of passes while being closed down and pressed. Their passing enables them to escape the pressure and open up the play. I think it is a good example. What would you describe as passing under pressure then?

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next