BarrileteCosmico
Hapless_Hans
Myesyats
Kaladin
RealGunner
47 posters

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Official: Rafa Benítez to newcastle - Page 12 Empty Re: Official: Rafa Benítez to newcastle

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:40 pm

ES wrote:Lol? He's targeting the worst players available and you're lolblaming Ashley? This isn't uncommon for him you know, sure Ashley is a carny guy. But you can't completely put the blame on him.

Of course i can, he lied to him in January and he's lieing to him again. Just like he lied to every other manager we have ever had.

This is so much more than just money and signing players, it's that he consistently *bleep* everyone over and lies again and again.

Also the large majority of Benitez signings in the championship turned out to be successes, i'd rather trust his judgment than a lieing, sleazy billionaire who has done nothing but drag the clubs name through the mud and consistently made us even more of a joke each season.

The fact you are defending him, means you have absolutely no clue about the situation and shouldn't be talking tbh.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Official: Rafa Benítez to newcastle - Page 12 Empty Re: Official: Rafa Benítez to newcastle

Post by Kaladin Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:00 pm

I'm not defending him, read again, i am saying the blame isn't completely Ashley

When we had Pippo, everyone was destroying him, the management were partly at fault but he was quite a perpetrator as well

And lol at you mention chmapionship signings being a success, like that means anything
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:12 pm

Of course the blame is completely on Ashley lol.

He's the one who made promises in January and lied, he's the one who made promises when he signed and lied and he's now the one who made promises when the season ended and again lied.

Of course his signings in the championship mean something, it's the only opportunity he's had to sign players for us and the majority of them were successes.

Absolutely no point to criticize him for something which hasn't actually happened yet. Again you are talking about something you have absolutely no clue about, it's the equivalent of Madrid fans coming in here and acting like they knew Donnarumma's life story.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:14 pm

Criticizing Rafa's targets... hmm... that sounds familiar.

The thing you have to remember with Rafa is that he targets players for a system. He doesn't care about big names or even individual statistics. He's looking for a specific profile of player.

As for the quality of target... Well, that's going to be dictated by the budget. So, that's most certainly on Ashley. While Rafa is good at identifying value, you'll see that he quickly gets fed up with finances impeding his progress on the pitch. Probably handled it better in the Championship, as he would understand the constraints that the league would have on finances and recruitment. However, that may change now that they're in the PL.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:11 pm

Most of the targets mentioned in the media are not particularly expensive tbh, one of them being a loan.

I don't see why for a normal person that finances would be an issue considering Ashley already publicly committed to allowing Benitez a budget of at least 80m plus sales.

Nah it's just Ashley being his usual *bleep* self *bleep* about with everyone, i knew this would happen it was just a matter of time.

It was the sole reason why i didn't think Benitez would stay to begin with.

If anyone bothers to read this, it explains quite well what is going on because history is repeating itself and will continue to do so until he sells the club.

http://mobile.premierleague.com/staticFiles/c0/3f/0,,12306~147392,00.pdf

This is what happens when you are owned by a pathological liar.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:46 pm

Wow... Multiple terrifying aspects of the report:
Mr Wise told him that he had been on loan at Monaco but
having checked out the details, Mr Keegan was unimpressed and told Mr Wise that he
did not think the player was good enough. Mr Wise then told him that the player was
on “You Tube” and that Mr Keegan could look him up there but he found that the
clips were of poor quality and provided no proper basis for signing a player to a
Premier League Club. Moreover, no one at the Club had ever seen him play.
However, notwithstanding that he made it clear not only to Mr Wise but also to
Mr Jimenez and to Mr Ashley that he very strongly objected to the signing of Mr
Gonzalez (he was to be signed on loan with an option to purchase), the Club
proceeded with the deal and the transfer was concluded the following day, on
31 August 2008.
The Club does not contend that Mr Keegan was expressly told at the meeting on
16 January 2008 that he would not have the final say. As we have pointed out above,
the Club’s case, ultimately, was that this was implicit (Mr Ashley said “blindingly
obvious”) in what Mr Keegan was told at the meeting on 16 January 2008 about the
structure of the Club (the model being used) and the various scenarios which were
explained to him, that the words in the Contract must be construed against this
specific background and this specific structure/model and thus that the “duties usually
associated with the position of a Manager of a Premier League Football Team” as
used in this Contract did not include the Manager having the final say.

I'm personally shocked Benitez took the job in the first place, with Ashley's history. I can only assume he was made certain promises regarding control and available funds. (Promises that I would think are in serious question after reading that report...) Moreover, Benitez has been burned by lying owners in the past, as well. (See: Hicks and Gillet...) I hope for the club's sake that Benitez stays, as I think he can do wonderful things with a club as well supported as Newcastle. However, Ashley's antics may force him out...
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:40 pm

“When I had the meeting with Mike Ashley I was confident that after that meeting we have the money available and the wages.

“Everything is in place to move forward.

“Hopefully, Mike can keep his word and we can do what we want to do.”

In other words he was promised a budget for signings and wages, has been working around that perceived budget but the owner lied AGAIN.

History is repeating itself and he'll leave soon no doubt.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:55 pm

donttreadonred wrote:Wow... Multiple terrifying aspects of the report:
Mr Wise told him that he had been on loan at Monaco but
having checked out the details, Mr Keegan was unimpressed and told Mr Wise that he
did not think the player was good enough. Mr Wise then told him that the player was
on “You Tube” and that Mr Keegan could look him up there but he found that the
clips were of poor quality and provided no proper basis for signing a player to a
Premier League Club. Moreover, no one at the Club had ever seen him play.
However, notwithstanding that he made it clear not only to Mr Wise but also to
Mr Jimenez and to Mr Ashley that he very strongly objected to the signing of Mr
Gonzalez (he was to be signed on loan with an option to purchase), the Club
proceeded with the deal and the transfer was concluded the following day, on
31 August 2008.
The Club does not contend that Mr Keegan was expressly told at the meeting on
16 January 2008 that he would not have the final say. As we have pointed out above,
the Club’s case, ultimately, was that this was implicit (Mr Ashley said “blindingly
obvious”) in what Mr Keegan was told at the meeting on 16 January 2008 about the
structure of the Club (the model being used) and the various scenarios which were
explained to him, that the words in the Contract must be construed against this
specific background and this specific structure/model and thus that the “duties usually
associated with the position of a Manager of a Premier League Football Team” as
used in this Contract did not include the Manager having the final say.

I'm personally shocked Benitez took the job in the first place, with Ashley's history. I can only assume he was made certain promises regarding control and available funds. (Promises that I would think are in serious question after reading that report...) Moreover, Benitez has been burned by lying owners in the past, as well. (See: Hicks and Gillet...) I hope for the club's sake that Benitez stays, as I think he can do wonderful things with a club as well supported as Newcastle. However, Ashley's antics may force him out...

Benitez took the job because his wife wants to stay in England and told him to get a *bleep* job already.. he pretty much said so himself during one of his pundit stints after having been fired from Real Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:15 pm

That's not the reason he stayed though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:21 pm

Yeah well obviously Newcastle is a very interesting job, on paper-
It's traditionally a rather big club in the PL with decent resources, Benitez surely would not have just taken any Championship club.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:08 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
“When I had the meeting with Mike Ashley I was confident that after that meeting we have the money available and the wages.

“Everything is in place to move forward.

“Hopefully, Mike can keep his word and we can do what we want to do.”

In other words he was promised a budget for signings and wages, has been working around that perceived budget but the owner lied AGAIN.

History is repeating itself and he'll leave soon no doubt.

After *bleep* him around for weeks, the minute he says something publicly they agree a fee for a wanted target Laughing

Well i *bleep* never, i still think this is destined to end in tears though as Ashley is a *bleep*.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:42 pm

Benitez wanted two new players in January and was told no. He wanted four at the start of the current window, and got none. That's half a team. He believed Newcastle had the potential to be a top-five side, but that momentum has gone.

He thought he had more to spend and more control over transfers. It has not happened. This is not what he thought was happening when he left his meeting with Ashley at Shirebrook a matter of days after leading Newcastle United to the Championship title.

It's almost like he was lied to Rolling Eyes

He'll be gone before long and to be frank I have gone back to stop giving a shit again.

Hope we get relegated again tbh, not like it makes a difference.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:09 pm

I feel like I've seen this movie before
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:27 pm

Dat red though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:51 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Benitez wanted two new players in January and was told no. He wanted four at the start of the current window, and got none. That's half a team. He believed Newcastle had the potential to be a top-five side, but that momentum has gone.

He thought he had more to spend and more control over transfers. It has not happened. This is not what he thought was happening when he left his meeting with Ashley at Shirebrook a matter of days after leading Newcastle United to the Championship title.

Sounds like a high fantasy setting
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:08 am

Not sure for whom I should feel (more) sorry about; Mole or Rafa. :facepalm: :brickwall:
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:53 pm

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:58 pm

Aye some random twitter Internet Bullshit Artist knows more than Rafa about who he's interested in.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:03 pm

Mike Ashley has had an interview with Sky that has managed to make me even more angry than i ever was before.

Nobody is asking him to invest his own money, the thick c***. Just give Rafa the money which the club generates, it's quite obviously there enough to spend more than we have.

Nobody expects ridiculous spending but 70-100m is definitely possible and we are not asking to compete with Man City either, competing with f***ing Bournemouth would be a good start.

My enthusiasm for this season and every season as long as the fat *bleep* owns the club, is pretty much dead.

All i can hope for now is some middle eastern white knight comes in and saves the day.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:07 pm

he comes off like someone who got insanely lucky in accumulating his wealth than someone who knows how to run a business which obviously isn't the case

more interested in pocketing the money the club makes than investing it back into the team

I wouldn't blame Rafa for stepping down tbh, at best Newcastle will stay up this season, he's not the sort of manager that should be in that position

Newcastle should be able to compete with everyone outside of the top 6-7 clubs in terms of signings tbh
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:13 pm

Irony is, we were financially a richer club and accumulated richer deals before he was an owner. We are still regularly in the top 20 or so in Sports Deloitte lists every year but that's despite him not because of him.

He runs the club like he runs Sports Direct, cheap as hell and while you don't lose a lot of money that way there's no real room for growth either.

Also agreed on Rafa, i'm surprised he hasn't left already. He says he feels he owes the fans but at some point you have to look out for yourself.

It's so incredibly frustrating, i'm so unbelievably desperate for someone to buy the club.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:53 pm

I know how that feels Mole , there's nothing worse looking forward and expecting nothing good out of it.

Tbh i've been there sort of , although i always followed Milan regardless , i know how it is. And i honestly realised something after all this time , at first i wasn't sure but now it's clear.

I'll be a fan forever anyway and especially with growing older , i realised i don't care about Milan in the same way i used to , because i don't care about football like i used to. For example every club has it's own goals and journeys , but for me right now , all i trully want is some good players playing good football , honest af it's what i only care about nowadays in football when it comes to my team . Even further , watching good matches is trully what i solely care about anymore in football , absolutely nothing else concerns me.

Now when things are going well , great , fantastic etc etc , it will just make the matches even more enjoyable for me. I just want to say , just follow your team and whatever comes , eventually things will get better at some point and you'll enjoy it all that much more. You're into supporting Newcastle for lyf anyway , i've reached a point where i question what does it even matter how my team does tbh . Of course i want the best for my team like everyone , but whatever comes imho.

There will be good days ahead again , so don't overthink it much really .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:33 pm

I think he might just be my personal hero after reading this.

What a guy :bow:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:37 pm

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:39 pm

time to bring the hero home

Official: Rafa Benítez to newcastle - Page 12 Giphy
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:46 pm

Club was dead before now it's been cremated.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next