Valkyrja
shadexticos
halamadrid2
29 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Barcelona vs Real Madrid Empty Barcelona vs Real Madrid

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:37 am

I know there is international friendlies inbetween but lets start this discussion now. We have quite a few players out of form but many in very good form.

Marcelo, Casemiro, Benz, Bale and Carvajal were not picked for their NTs for whatever reason so they will be fresh for this game

Alves and Alba are obviously their weakest links. I have no hope about that left side because Ronaldo is never there but Bale should have fun against Alba. Also after last time's embarrassment I dont think Isco/James will start this one. Have a feeling Zizou will continue with Modric/Casemiro/Kroos which i dont mind really. We need some steel in there
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Barcelona vs Real Madrid Empty Re: Barcelona vs Real Madrid

Post by shadexticos Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:01 pm

The line-up against Sevilla was just the best, except for Nacho and Danilo. Danilo is a difficult case. He has been playing at a starter's level for the past 4 games, but there is carvajal.

I think Marcelo's only contribution in attack these days is that he stretches the opposition's defense with his position. His crosses rarely hit the target; he makes a good dribble and spoils it with a bad pass,shot or cross.
On top of that, he has been leaving too many gaps in defense.
Considering all these and Danilo's recent form, i will bench Marcelo for Danilo.
vasquez, james/isco and Jese can come in.

An unlikely comprehensive victory against barca will be consolation for the title loss

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:06 pm

the last thing we need is danilo instead of marcelo in the clasico. had enough of him last time when he was many times our most advanced attacker Laughing
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:46 pm

This will be an interesting one. Because I can't tell if Barca is playing casually on purpose in recent times to save energy because the league is already won anyway and because Arsenal didn't pose much of a threat or if we are actually in a bit of a bad form. Arsenal and Villarreal created too many chances for my liking but I can't tell if this was just because those games were glorified friendlies after the 2-0 away result against Arsenal and the 9 point gap in the league or if this is our normal form. So I can't wait for this game.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:49 pm

I think we're gonna get roflstomped.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:12 pm

I wouldn't be sure after last game. We were pretty much outplayed in every aspect was that due to complacency or genuine gaps in team don't know. But last match did atleast have raised some doubt. Though under Lucho we have performed well in every big match lets hope that continue to be so because RM sure as hell are not the weak team that they were under Rafa.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:34 pm

Come on now Barca fans, we all know they'll be at their very best against Real Madrid. personally i wouldn't get so worried about a 2-2 draw against Villareal. Champions League's final stages are close and Barca is saving up some energy for them.

Having said that i'm expecting a narrow 2-0 or 3-1 loss for Real Madrid considering our current form.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:14 pm

Fine, I would entertain Futbol and Lucy a bit. Yes, Barcelona is going through a very slightly case of "going through the paces". They do just about enough to win matches but I fully expect them to turn it up ten fold in the Clasico as they do since Pep.

Arsenal is basically Barcelona's son and Villareal was not actually out played so them coming back was not entirely out of placed but I see no reason to think their machine is slowing down.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:30 pm

I respectfully disagree with the Barça fans who were nice enough to stop by and give their take on the game, and here's why:

El Madrigal has been a fortress this season. They defeated Real Madrid, Atlético and Sevilla there before drawing you. Barça is the only big team that went there and came back with a point. Therefore, and given all the circumstances, Your criticism, or shall we say skepticism, of your team's performance against the yellow submarine doesn't hold water, I'm afraid.

Your game against Arsenal was already done and dusted the second the final whistle went in London. You knew it, Arsenal knew it. And even then, you managed to win. That's the difference between you and any other team - it's even when you play really bad, you somehow still manage to get results.

Like Doc said, I expect you to turn it up ten fold in the clasico. You're favorites you're playing against your arch-rival and you're at home; not to mention that you're coming up against a team with so many weaknesses.

I expect both teams to give their all even though the title is already in Barça's bag for one simple reason: it'll be a great opportunity for both teams, and especially for Real Madrid, to test their strength and see whether we stand a chance of winning the CL. Z is also in the equation here. If he wants to be taken seriously, he needs to show that he's tactically capable of beating a CL contender.

This game will determine our season. If we lose, the players will lose belief and won't bother with the CL. If we win, it'll be a huge confidence booster. This is it; our last chance of redeeming ourselves in what has been a horrible, horrible season.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:13 pm

Cant wait for Casemiro to hack the life out of the Barca players to disrupt their gameplan. Ramos is back though to gift his customary goal

All things considered i like our chances. Bale has been unbelievable and Benzema doesnt even need to be in good form to perform in a clasico much less the form he is in now. Ronaldo might end up being a liability but he is a proven scorer. Nerman wont play against pre Zizou Danilo this time

I predict a 2-1 win for us
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:18 pm

Your optimism is annoying yet refreshing Hala.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:45 pm

eco smile

This place needs my optimism trust me. I am even more positive towards Danilo these days. Weird I know
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:03 pm

Is it kinda confirmed that danilo will start over carvajal ? :facepalm:
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:58 am

Meh... we'll see. It depends how we start. We're not tough mentally so we can't fall behind.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:25 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote:I respectfully disagree with the Barça fans who were nice enough to stop by and give their take on the game, and here's why:

El Madrigal has been a fortress this season. They defeated Real Madrid, Atlético and Sevilla there before drawing you. Barça is the only big team that went there and came back with a point. Therefore, and given all the circumstances, Your criticism, or shall we say skepticism, of your team's performance against the yellow submarine doesn't hold water, I'm afraid.

Your game against Arsenal was already done and dusted the second the final whistle went in London. You knew it, Arsenal knew it. And even then, you managed to win. That's the difference between you and any other team - it's even when you play really bad, you somehow still manage to get results.

Like Doc said, I expect you to turn it up ten fold in the clasico. You're favorites you're playing against your arch-rival and you're at home; not to mention that you're coming up against a team with so many weaknesses.

I expect both teams to give their all even though the title is already in Barça's bag for one simple reason: it'll be a great opportunity for both teams, and especially for Real Madrid, to test their strength and see whether we stand a chance of winning the CL. Z is also in the equation here. If he wants to be taken seriously, he needs to show that he's tactically capable of beating a CL contender.

This game will determine our season. If we lose, the players will lose belief and won't bother with the CL. If we win, it'll be a huge confidence booster. This is it; our last chance of redeeming ourselves in what has been a horrible, horrible season.
I dont think so, if its a really close game and we lose or tie, I think that would give us confidence that we can at least hang with the best. If we lose decisively, then the players take an early vacation.

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:54 am

@Valk, no it will be Carvajal. They have been rotating since Danilo improved. And since Danilo played this past game Carvajal will play the next
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:11 pm

Barca's three best midfielders are injured and didnt go for international duties. This implies that they will be fresh for the clasico.
I smell foul play especially with Busquet and Rakitic who had to leave their camps. Modric should please come back in one piece. He was absent this time last season. Now is the time we need him the most.
Navas, casemiro and BBC are fit; any 5 players can complete the squad. These days, it almost doesnt matter who they are. As long it's not arbeloa..Danilo beasting in RB and LB. Pepe, Varane and Ramos are having average seasons. Nacho is Nacho.

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:23 pm

Marcelo and Modric better be at the top of their game. Without them we are half the team
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:19 pm

other than dribbling, marcelo is a liability lack of tracking back and awful crosses.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:13 pm

We have been surprisingly quiet; acting like we aint getting the pre-clasico jitters. I like the fact that we have stopped being over-confident against barca. for the past 6 seasons, whenever we believe we are performing well and would finally get one over Barca, we have failed woefully.

Something within me is slipping back to that pre-clasico confidence; something within me says 'never have we had BBC and modric fit and in-form, something withing me is predicting an outrageous victory with a 3-goal difference or more, but i remind myself of what has become the status-quo in recent clasicos.
We must not get accustomed to being the second best.
Fingers crossed.

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:30 pm

This clasico has literally no stakes... it doesn't impact anything. It's only about pride and, frankly, that's not much of a motivation these days.

I think it's more important to be competitive and not have injuries... win or lose, doesn't matter much.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:36 pm

This is the most low key Clasico I have experienced since Jose's last season where we won and no one really cared too much. Only legit things at stake here are pride and Barcelona feeling slightly uncomfortable going into a UCL quarter final with a Clasico loss. And also the minute matter of how Zidane's ideas fair against top opposition.

Atletico are too inconsistent to have Barcelona feel bothered in the league and we are too far behind to trouble them.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:22 pm

Goalkeepers: Keylor Navas, Casilla and Yanez.

Defenses: Pepe, Ramos, Nacho, Marcelo, Danilo Carvajal.

Midfielders: Kroos, James, Bale, Casemiro, Modric and Isco.

Forwards: Cristiano Ronaldo, Benzema, Lucas Vázquez and Jesé

Lol Zidane treating Kiva like Carlo treated Illarra. One bad game and never gets a look in after that
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:58 pm

This game will tell whether Z deserves to stay or go.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:59 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:This game will tell whether Z deserves to stay or go.

rofl
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next