Sunderland vs Arsenal (Sunday 24 April)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Sunderland vs Arsenal (Sunday 24 April)

Post by Jay29 on Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:05 pm

I think he thought he couldn't take off Elneny or Ramsey because Sunderland were putting us under pressure. Which is fine, but if he wanted to put Wilshere on he should have done so in place of Walcott.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB on Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:06 pm

REWB wrote:welbeck would be more suited to this game, since sunderland will be pushing forward, we can hit them on the break with welbz pace. If giroud plays he will not have a good game, sunderland's cb's are very physical.

wenger never looks at the opposition. In his mind, giroud had a good game last time, therefore he should play again today......without even taking into account that sunderland away is completely different to westbrom at home.

Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 on Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:13 pm

I really think we should make some changes for the Norwich game. Give games to Chambers, Gibbs and Campbell, maybe give Ozil a little break before the City game because he's not been himself recently. We're in desperate need of some fresh impetus in the team.
Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots on Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:19 pm

I swear this season will get worse, Tottenham will win the league and we will finish 5th.

World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron on Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:19 pm

lucky not to have lost that one, Sunderland wanted it more than us. Is it that difficult to show a bit more passion nowdays ?. Once again we looked out of ideas against a team with ten men behind. The most frustrating thing is we don't play with enough width. we always want to go through the middle when we attack despite there not being any space. We have Giroud and Alexis who are good in the air, why not get some crosses in and play with more variation. Its almost like a watching a team who doesn't know how to attack.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 on Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:31 pm

We'll finish 4th, if only because we have home games against Norwich and Villa. United have the game in hand but 5 pts is still a lot to make up with three/four games to go.

Its almost like a watching a team who doesn't know how to attack.

We're watching a team that's lost it's identity and drive. For me, it looks like very few players are actually out there enjoying their football. It's like Wenger's bored them as much as he's bored the fans.
Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 on Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:40 pm

Btw who saw Walcott completely bottle a challenge against Kaboul when there was an open goal? Should have taken him straight off after that.
Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron on Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:48 pm

I think centre forward wise we have a big problem, Giroud whom we know he is not mobile enough. He leads the line well and holds the ball up but he is way too static and it kills our play. Wellbeck is fast and nippy but he is not strong enough to play up there on his own especially with our style of play where the midfield is always ten yards away from the front man and the striker is always left isolated. We desperatly need some fresg blood upfront. It would actually help if the rest of the team could contribute with more goals, in the invicibles for examole you had Pires, Lljunberg and sometimes Viera and Bergkamp who would chip in with goals. This took pressure the off the striker, in this team apart from Sanchez or Ramsey who is always injured. We just don't have enough goals. Ozil played against Palace, Westbrom,  and Sunderland today yet he didn't score which isn't good enough from one of your best attacking players.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 on Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:47 pm

It's the style of play that hinders our goalscoring.

Arsenal take too long to get the ball out defence to the midfield. If you're playing 3 AMs like we are then they need to be receiving the ball up the pitch in those half-spaces. To do that the passing from the back needs to be quick and penetrative. At Arsenal it's not. The last few games Ozil has had to come deep to get on the ball because the midfield two aren't doing a good enough job of giving it to him.

This let's opposition teams set up ranks on the edge of their box and it becomes difficult to break them down. What Arsenal need to do in these situations is pass backwards and draw the opposition out, then play quick forward passes into the space. But again, the defenders and midfield aren't good enough passers to do this.

Of course, you need forward players to move about too. Giroud is notoriously static, while Iwobi and Alexis make too many movements toward the ball and not enough in behind. To play the way we do requires intelligence - to know when to move in behind, when to come short, when to make an overload, etc. But the wide areas are the least of our concerns.

We'd probably be more effective as a counter-attacking side with the current players we have. Guys like Alexis and Ramsey are off-the-cuff players that can do great things in space. Ozil has the final pass, Cazorla can help transition with his passing. Welbeck and Bellerin have the pace.

The summer is vital because it's a chance to tailor the squad to one style. If Wenger wants to continue with the tippy-tappy passing then he needs better CMs.
Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron on Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:03 pm

Jay29 wrote:It's the style of play that hinders our goalscoring.

Arsenal take too long to get the ball out defence to the midfield. If you're playing 3 AMs like we are then they need to be receiving the ball up the pitch in those half-spaces. To do that the passing from the back needs to be quick and penetrative. At Arsenal it's not. The last few games Ozil has had to come deep to get on the ball because the midfield two aren't doing a good enough job of giving it to him.

Good post

especially this, Ramsey is the worst culprit of the lot when playing in midfield. He takes way too many touches or hesitates before completing a forward pass. Couple of time today I saw Alexis being frustrated because the ball wasn't getting to him quickly enough. I just Santi and Jack can stay fit enough next season to avoid these type of issues because moving the ball isn't something this team should be struggling with.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 on Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:14 pm

It's always been something that's bugged me. Arsenal under Wenger build-up using the centre backs mostly, whereas every other team in Europe build-up with deep-lying midfielders. It's so easy to force Arsenal to build-up through their full-backs by blocking off the passing channels into the midfield players, and force a turnover by pressing the full back.

I can't see what makes this approach better than the standard approach. It's not like we have Mats Hummels at the back.
Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 on Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:19 pm

https://twitter.com/luke_agoro/status/724247696350056449

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:25 pm

rofl rofl rofl

Giroud is probably one of the worst first choice strikers to ever play for us. Rather play Mavididi upfront.

Walcott is stealing a living.
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by silver on Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:47 pm

Sunderland obviously read the blueprints for "How to beat Arsenal". But then again so has every other team since it has been the same FOR THE LAST FIVE YEARS.

Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism on Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:04 am

Just feel like, Wengers doesnt give 2 shit about our season and players, and players don't give 2 shit about Wengers either. Everyone is so non chalant about everything, meanwhile I'm enjoying Serie D so much more as Parma got promoted with heart and determination
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner on Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:30 am

Wenger "Maybe a little anxiety is creeping in when we are in front of goal. Giroud is lacking confidence but you go through spells like that"
Giroud has failed to score in 19 out of his last 20 games. Shocked

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner on Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:52 am

Twoism wrote:Just feel like, Wengers doesnt give 2 shit about our season and players, and players don't give 2 shit about Wengers either. Everyone is so non chalant about everything, meanwhile I'm enjoying Serie D so much more as Parma got promoted with heart and determination

Too early to judge Wenger, we have to Judge him in May. Wenger never gives up in April never, he would fight to the death for the top4 trophy. Laughing

Wenger 05/06 "Judge me in May"
Wenger 06/07 "Judge me in May"
Wenger 07/08 "Judge me in May
Wenger 08/09 "Judge me in May"
Wenger 09/10 "Judge me in May"
Wenger 10/11 "Judge me in May"
Wenger 11/12 "Judge me in May"
Wenger 12/13 "Judge me in May"
Wenger 13/14 "Judge me in May"
Wenger 14/15 "Judge me in May.
Wenger 15/16 "Judge me in May.

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top