Nishankly
Hapless_Hans
Art Morte
RedOranje
McAgger
23 posters

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2016 || Klopp Loses His Virginity - Page 7 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2016 || Klopp Loses His Virginity

Post by iftikhar Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:06 pm

iftikhar wrote:Although we will sign another 2-3 players, I believe the focus for reminder of the transfer window will be on clearing out.

1. Bogdan: Decent player, signed for free and not on high salary, should be easy.
2. Wisdom: Decent player, didn't cost much and not on high salary, should be easy.
3. Skrtel: Reportedly off to Turkey.
4. Ilori: Should be easy, if we accept peanuts.
5. Alberto: Several Spanish clubs will be interested, but we shouldn't expect more than £3-4 mil.
6. Lucas: Will have enough suitors and can be sold for a decent sum. Question is, should we?
7. Allen: Will have enough suitors and can be sold for a good bargain. Question is, should we?
8. Ibe: I can see many mid-table clubs wanting him but none willing to pay more than £3-4 mil, fair deal???
9. Markovic: Should be easy, if we accept £7-8 mil; fair deal???
10. Baloteli:
11. Benteke: Reportedly refused a £25 mil offer and holding out for £30 mil.

iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2016 || Klopp Loses His Virginity - Page 7 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2016 || Klopp Loses His Virginity

Post by Unique Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:19 pm

KLOPP: TEAM SPIRIT KEY

Jurgen Klopp is adamant that "big-name" signings are not necessarily a guarantee to take Liverpool back to the top.

"Everyone expects big names and a big improvement because of big names and if you don't know the players it's like 'what are we doing? what are they doing?' said Liverpool's manager.

"Some clubs have already done a lot but you cannot prove in this moment what's really right. What you have to do is prepare the new season."

so that's the end of the transfer window guys. maybe 1-2 more 18yo for the future but that's about it.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:04 pm

Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes 3m3 minutes ago
Liverpool have made a move for Georginio Wijnaldum, the Newcastle United midfielder, and are hoping a fee can be agreed this week.

Don't need him imo
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:42 pm

interesting one !

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:01 pm

Ragnar Klavan. 3.5m pounds. 30 yo Estonian CB from Augsburg.
Will be official this week. Basically a stop gap, He was good in the Augsburg matches though.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:09 pm

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-close-signing-ragnar-klavan-11627237

How would you rate the signing of Ragnar Klavan???

At 30, being a starter of a decent German club and priced at £4.2m; he seems to be a good purchase. However, I can't shake-off the feeling that we released Kolo too early. Having said that, Kolo is five years older than the Estonian.

Georginio Wijnaldum??? What do we need him for!!!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:24 pm

Klavan medical tomorrow, Could be confirmed as early as tomorrow or Wednesday morning. (Echo)

Klopp wants to do both deals before proceeding to the states. Expect enough progress in the GW deal as well by then, NuFC might want a few fringe players is also something being thrown about.

Lucas, Kent on loan and Flano are the names being thrown about but i really can't Lucas especially or any of these players moving there (Championship) on a loan switch let alone permanent.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:41 pm

the only thing that worries me is the amount of signings we make as back up to players we already have. instead of signing back ups we should sign better players than the ones we have now and use the players we have now as back up. of all the players we have signed and all the players we are strongly linked with only mane. matip and karius were signed to replace what we have now. that is exactly why we never push on imo. I trust klopp to bring players on and in a few years turn them into better players but why do we always buy for the future. when are we going to build a good team for now.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:59 pm

Personally feel, After some consultation from Mole, That GW is a redundant signing. He has to play behind the striker and all those positions are filled. He might be good depth but then 25m for depth will be very similar to Lallana who's also 25m for depth and both of them will be fighting for the same place in the team:lol:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:14 am

we need a top class left back. and a top class CM player. marko grujic looks like a good young player but he wont walk into the team and improve it. infact allen who we are letting go would start infront of him all day. unless we have good players lined up that we don't know about I'm not sure what we are doing.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:16 pm

Unique wrote:we need a top class left back. and a top class CM player. marko grujic looks like a good young player but he wont walk into the team and improve it. infact allen who we are letting go would start infront of him all day. unless we have good players lined up that we don't know about I'm not sure what we are doing.

Piotr and Dahoud were those CM's, GW does not fall into that category at all. Im worried, Generally we have three attacking players on the bench.

So starting 3 would be Coutinho Firmino and Mane, The bench will surely be Origi, Ings and GW. Lallana ffs
Don't want us to sign GW, Not this summer atleast.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:59 pm

Nishankly wrote:Personally feel, After some consultation from Mole, That GW is a redundant signing. He has to play behind the striker and all those positions are filled. He might be good depth but then 25m for depth will be very similar to Lallana who's also 25m for depth and both of them will be fighting for the same place in the team Laughing

GW signing can make sense only if we are selling both Markovic and Lallana. In comparison to Lallana, while he can bring more goal-threat but that will come at a cost of less pressing (something that's corner-stone of Klopp's tactics).
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:08 pm

GW as a signing makes a lot of sense. He has great composure and knows how to get into goal scoring positions, he runs for days, and he can play in CM (he played there exclusively for his final few years in Holland, at the World Cup, and often with the NT) and can also play anywhere across the AM spectrum.

He's a player that would fit in really well with a Klopp team, and I'm all for it.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:16 pm

Curtinho wrote:GW as a signing makes a lot of sense. He has great composure and knows how to get into goal scoring positions, he runs for days, and he can play in CM (he played there exclusively for his final few years in Holland, at the World Cup, and often with the NT) and can also play anywhere across the AM spectrum.

He's a player that would fit in really well with a Klopp team, and I'm all for it.

Runs for days Laughing

Also he can play CM, but not as a two. If you played 433 then fine but 4231 nah.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:58 pm

Isn't Wijnaldum rather a player able to bridge CM and AM, rather than a pure attacking midfielder?
Liverpool need creativity exactly in that area, Coutinho hasn't provided it that well so far.
Can't see anything wrong with signing competition for him.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:19 pm

He's not a creative player tbh.

He's a player who is excellent at finding space to score and has excellent technique in tight spaces and carrying the ball over short distances.

But he doesn't run all day, he's not good defensively and out of possession he doesn't demand the ball and has a knack of going missing for long periods of time.

I do think it would be a good signing for Liverpool, mainly because he provides a goalscoring threat from midfield and directness they don't have in their team currently.

But i do feel there's a misconception of what he actually is and what he's actually going to bring to the team on here.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:26 pm

Thanks for the info.
I might be biased because iirc the more or less only Newcastle game I watched last season was one where he was running the show in a spectacular manner.
Other than that, I've only seen him at the WC 2014, not in Eredivisie like I guess Curtinho has.

All in all, I can't see what could be possibly wrong with getting him.
He'll be a lot value for money, even if he only ends up playing a complementary role. But he definitively has the quality to be a starter, no?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:31 pm

Also i should mention when i say he can't play CM in a 2 man pivot, what i mean by that is he can't do it well.

He'll do a job for you i suppose, but you don't spend 20m+ on a player to do a job and besides it takes away everything that he's good at.

Also this might just apply to our shitty team but he always looked a lot better playing in either of the wide spots than the "10" because it allowed him to drift into areas unmarked and cause problems.

Because like i said his instincts and overall ability to score from midfield is fantastic, i won't pretend to have watched Liverpool much since Klopp took over but i'd imagine Coutinho would be a much better fit for the "10" spot.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:38 pm

I'm not sure but I think Klopps Pool played some sort of 4-3-3 a few times too.
Not sure whether the line can always be clearly drawn there between a midfield 2 and a midfield 3.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:40 pm

But we got goals from midfield :'''(
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:43 pm

Nishankly wrote:But we got goals from midfield :'''(

He's much better than the ones you have tbh in that department, he's a player that i could easily see scoring 15 a season with the right team.

I think that's Klopp's thinking anyway, i understand your feeling and i agree with it that you have tonnes of this type of player already but just trying to think what Klopp is thinking and i think that's what it is.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:30 pm

Klopp hasn't shown anything to make us think he's going to play 4-3-3. Moot point.

His whole career he's been using an interchanging 4-2-3-1, 4-4-1-1 and 4-4-2.

As if GW is so good that we will change the tactics for him. I'm certain if he comes in is to provide competition for Coutinho, Fimino, and Mane along with Lallana.

Also Moal keeps bringing up the goalscoring of GW, first of all Coutinho outscored him last season, and Firmino had the same amount of goals. And 4 of GW's goals came in 1 game against relegation fodder Noriwch.

Like I said hope we don't sign him but if we get him, good. if we don'tget him not going to lose any sleep over it.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:34 pm

Don't call me James wrote:Klopp hasn't shown anything to make us think he's going to play 4-3-3. Moot point.

His whole career he's been using an interchanging 4-2-3-1, 4-4-1-1 and 4-4-2.

As if GW is so good that we will change the tactics for him. I'm certain if he comes in is to provide competition for Coutinho, Fimino, and Mane along with Lallana.

Also Moal keeps bringing up the goalscoring of GW, first of all Coutinho outscored him last season, and Firmino had the same amount of goals. And 4 of GW's goals came in 1 game against relegation fodder Noriwch.

Like I said hope we don't sign him but if we get him, good. if we don'tget him not going to lose any sleep over it.

Coutinho scored 8 and Wijnaldum scored 11 so incorrect and tbh the reason i say he would score 15 in a good team is because we were *bleep* awful Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:45 pm

Hames counting all competitions mole, But personally as already acknowledged and informed, GW is a signing when we have Europe.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:47 pm

I know that but it's not really fair to compare the two considering we only played one competition. hmm

Let's put it this way if Klopp isn't signing him for the reasons i say i really struggle to understand what he's thinking, it's the only conceivable reason.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:49 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I know that but it's not really fair to compare the two considering we only played one competition. hmm

Let's put it this way if Klopp isn't signing him for the reasons i say i really struggle to understand what he's thinking, it's the only conceivable reason.

Agree.

Ultimately yeah its up to Klopp how he decides, He'll offload Allen and Lucas then imo
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next