Summer Transfer Window 2016 || Klopp Loses His Virginity

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2016 || Klopp Loses His Virginity

Post by Helmer on Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:46 pm

that is some good news ! I have all the good wishes for Benteke, he is a real beast but unfortunately not suited for our style. Stupid Brenton signed him. Good luck.

Alberto will surely find some Spanish team soon. A good team. The guy is talented to make it for a midtable club.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert on Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:28 am

^ I'm just glad you're back to sanity after 2-3 years of claiming Rodgers as your god and thinking Klopp was a fool.

*bleep* Luis Alberto. *bleep* Rodgers. Still pisses me off to this DAY. We refused to go for ERIKSEN to go for LUIS ALBERTO. People are claiming about WAGES when Eriksen was making 30k POUNDS a week. GET *bleep*. (insert angry face here)

Red is the colour of extremes. It's the color of passionate love, seduction, violence, danger, anger, and adventure. The colour red is the color of energy, passion and action. This colour is a warm and positive color associated with our most physical needs and our will to survive.Red represents power and courage. The colour red is the basis of the traditional red power tie or red suit in the business, and the red carpet for celebrities and VIPs. Red's association with courage and bravery makes it a colour that is used often in national flags, on shields, and in achievement patches. Liverpool. Is. Red.
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:22 pm

benteke to palace done deal. £27mil plus £5mil addons. looks like I was right when I said the owners will only spend big if they sell big. looks like this window we made a profit.

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer on Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:03 pm

@Red Alert wrote:^ I'm just glad you're back to sanity after 2-3 years of claiming Rodgers as your god and thinking Klopp was a fool.

*bleep* Luis Alberto. *bleep* Rodgers. Still pisses me off to this DAY. We refused to go for ERIKSEN to go for LUIS ALBERTO. People are claiming about WAGES when Eriksen was making 30k POUNDS a week. GET *bleep*. (insert angry face here)
I never said Brendan is god ! All I said was after his season when we finished second, I was ready to give untill the end of that season. I criticized Bentekes signing right when I read the rumour.

I also never said Klopp was fool. All I said was I preferred Carlo over Klopp. And Klopp doesnt get a free pass or no criticism just because what he did with Dortmund. I give f all what he did previously. All I care about is what he is doing right now. The only thing I like about Klopp is his personality and charisma. But that is down the drain if he cant fix our problems and we finish 5th-8th as usual.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:18 pm

@Helmer wrote:
@Red Alert wrote:^ I'm just glad you're back to sanity after 2-3 years of claiming Rodgers as your god and thinking Klopp was a fool.

I never said Brendan is god ! All I said was after his season when we finished second, I was ready to give untill the end of that season. I criticized Bentekes signing right when I read the rumour.

I also never said Klopp was fool. All I said was I preferred Carlo over Klopp. And Klopp doesnt get a free pass or no criticism just because what he did with Dortmund. I give f all what he did previously. All I care about is what he is doing right now. The only thing I like about Klopp is his personality and charisma. But that is down the drain if he cant fix our problems and we finish 5th-8th as usual.

spot on mate Thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho on Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:33 am

Yeah, what exactly has Klopp done in the transfer market better than Rodgers? People like Klopp because he's charismatic (I like him too) and he did well with a team that had some really nice pieces in a much less competitive league, but he's definitely not proven to be an improvement over Rodgers at this point in any facet. I never thought he was a better coach, but I thought maybe he'd get one in over Rodgers in the transfer market. Now I'm just a bit nervous. Still optimistic, but the team looks to have the same problems as before.

Supporting: Liverpool - Netherlands
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert on Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:44 am

He's literally STILL in his first transfer window, not sure how you trying to compare? He buys players that suit his system and not the other way around. Also if the players didn't bottle the final last year we would of had Gotze / some other talent. But whatever. Should give some time and see how players adapt before you go and compare them with Rodgers, eh? Laughing

Anyway, Rodgers in the market:

Selling Andy Carroll because too tall blah blah. Buying Benteke ha ha.

Selling Suarez thinking he'd replace him with Sanchez (WHERE THEY'RE BOTH TWO DIFFERENT PLAYERS BUT ANYWAY WASTED 2 MONTHS WANTING A PLAYER THAT REJECTED US IN JUNE BEFORE GIVEN THE ULTIMATUM BETWEEN ETO'O AND BALOTELLI BECAUSE HE *bleep* UP AND THEY WERE THE ONLY ONES AVAILABLE. OH AND LAMBERT, NICE).

Choosing Luis Alberto over Christian Eriksen. Laughing

"Liverpool plays with 11 players, most teams player with 10 players and one keeper." *Gets rid of Pepe Reina sweeper keeper, replaces with shot stopper Mignolet*

Replaced Daniel Agger for Dejan Lovren ffs. Wanted to buy Ashley Williams / make him a top target. Laughing

Bought 20m talent in Markovic before throwing him under the bus.

Replaced Sterling (can re-write history all you want he was a key player for us) with who exactly???

3 years later and the spine of the team / built from Rodgers is still very very average. Spent 300m+ and won how many trophies exactly???

inb4 committee

Red is the colour of extremes. It's the color of passionate love, seduction, violence, danger, anger, and adventure. The colour red is the color of energy, passion and action. This colour is a warm and positive color associated with our most physical needs and our will to survive.Red represents power and courage. The colour red is the basis of the traditional red power tie or red suit in the business, and the red carpet for celebrities and VIPs. Red's association with courage and bravery makes it a colour that is used often in national flags, on shields, and in achievement patches. Liverpool. Is. Red.
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte on Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:17 pm

Rodgers was shite in the market, but Klopp's first summer window has been disappointing as well. I don't think any of the players we acquired brought us closer to top-4.
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:18 pm

@Red Alert wrote:He's literally STILL in his first transfer window, not sure how you trying to compare? He buys players that suit his system and not the other way around. Also if the players didn't bottle the final last year we would of had Gotze / some other talent. But whatever. Should give some time and see how players adapt before you go and compare them with Rodgers, eh? Laughing

Anyway, Rodgers in the market:

Selling Andy Carroll because too tall blah blah. Buying Benteke ha ha.

Selling Suarez thinking he'd replace him with Sanchez (WHERE THEY'RE BOTH TWO DIFFERENT PLAYERS BUT ANYWAY WASTED 2 MONTHS WANTING A PLAYER THAT REJECTED US IN JUNE BEFORE GIVEN THE ULTIMATUM BETWEEN ETO'O AND BALOTELLI BECAUSE HE *bleep* UP AND THEY WERE THE ONLY ONES AVAILABLE. OH AND LAMBERT, NICE).

Choosing Luis Alberto over Christian Eriksen. Laughing

"Liverpool plays with 11 players, most teams player with 10 players and one keeper." *Gets rid of Pepe Reina sweeper keeper, replaces with shot stopper Mignolet*

Replaced Daniel Agger for Dejan Lovren ffs. Wanted to buy Ashley Williams / make him a top target. Laughing

Bought 20m talent in Markovic before throwing him under the bus.

Replaced Sterling (can re-write history all you want he was a key player for us) with who exactly???

3 years later and the spine of the team / built from Rodgers is still very very average. Spent 300m+ and won how many trophies exactly???

inb4 committee
and in comes klopp to fix all the mistakes made by Rodgers and guess what. We are still making the same mistakes as before. rofl

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:19 pm

I don't know why this guy keeps saying we signed Alberto over erikson. Erikson wanted to go to London like Sanchez did. Nothing you can do about that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:03 pm

so as it stands now we are in profit coming towards the end of this transfer window so why are we not going all out to get a LB and a DM. I said a while back that these owners don't like spending money and will only buy big after selling big and I think we can see that's true. when are the owners gonna invest in the transfer market instead of dealing in it. the owners are worth billions. we have the new TV money and a new stand that will make even more money so why are we not trying to buy a top class LB and a top class DM.

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho on Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:39 pm

I've already said that Rodgers' biggest failing was in the transfer market. I'm sure he would say the same (although he bought Firmino just before we sold Sterling, not a like for like replacement but Firmino is a better player).

Still, Rodgers had to deal with a lot of injury in his fateful season and still adapted and ended up in 6th. Klopp had a relatively healthy squad and finished 8th. He's had all summer to make signings and his biggest purchases have been Wijnaldum (I like him a lot, but we already had guys like Henderson, Grujic, Can, Lallana, etc.) and Mané (I like him). He refused to address the leftback situation, he didn't address the lack of cover for the defence from midfield (we needed a holder badly with Lucas on the outs and Can still young and undisciplined) and he sold our best midfielder from last season and one of the few players we have capable of slowing the play down against teams that bunker up in Allen (because he's short????)

Like I said before. I never considered Klopp a better tactical coach than Rodgers but I expected him to make up for it by being great in the transfer market. Right now it's not looking overly great but I'll give it some more time.

Supporting: Liverpool - Netherlands
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:04 pm

@Curtinho wrote:I've already said that Rodgers' biggest failing was in the transfer market. I'm sure he would say the same (although he bought Firmino just before we sold Sterling, not a like for like replacement but Firmino is a better player).

Still, Rodgers had to deal with a lot of injury in his fateful season and still adapted and ended up in 6th. Klopp had a relatively healthy squad and finished 8th. He's had all summer to make signings and his biggest purchases have been Wijnaldum (I like him a lot, but we already had guys like Henderson, Grujic, Can, Lallana, etc.) and Mané (I like him). He refused to address the leftback situation, he didn't address the lack of cover for the defence from midfield (we needed a holder badly with Lucas on the outs and Can still young and undisciplined) and he sold our best midfielder from last season and one of the few players we have capable of slowing the play down against teams that bunker up in Allen (because he's short????)

Like I said before. I never considered Klopp a better tactical coach than Rodgers but I expected him to make up for it by being great in the transfer market. Right now it's not looking overly great but I'll give it some more time.
Thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly on Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:49 am

This is hugely interesting lads:

Liverpool are prepared to send Mamadou Sakho on loan in an effort to enable him to regain his fitness and form. #lfc (Chris Bascombe)

#LFC are not giving up on Sakho, although he will have to display real resolve to re ingratiate himself fully. (Paul Joyce)

Sahko is currently training on his own and has not travelled to Burton. #LFC (Paul Joyce)

A short-term arrangement would be seen as beneficial to the player, allowing him to get back to the levels required.

Tiago Ilori will be allowed to leave with Olympiakos interested in a £5m move. #LFC (Paul Joyce)

Lucas Leiva showed he could play at centre-back last season and has been stopped from joining Galatasaray. #LFC (Paul Joyce)

rofl
hmm
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:06 am

@Nishankly wrote:This is hugely interesting lads:

Liverpool are prepared to send Mamadou Sakho on loan in an effort to enable him to regain his fitness and form. #lfc (Chris Bascombe)

#LFC are not giving up on Sakho, although he will have to display real resolve to re ingratiate himself fully. (Paul Joyce)

Sahko is currently training on his own and has not travelled to Burton. #LFC (Paul Joyce)

A short-term arrangement would be seen as beneficial to the player, allowing him to get back to the levels required.

Tiago Ilori will be allowed to leave with Olympiakos interested in a £5m move. #LFC (Paul Joyce)

Lucas Leiva showed he could play at centre-back last season and has been stopped from joining Galatasaray. #LFC (Paul Joyce)

rofl
hmm
sakho is not training on his own. if you go on LFC website you will see pictures of him training with the team Thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly on Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:12 am

As in today, The team traveled to Burton and trained there, Sakho stayed back at Melwood trained alone today and will do so tomorrow as well then rejoin with the team day after.

Don't really know what to think, llori is leaving apparently. Lucas is not fit and is not that good.
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:36 am

@Nishankly wrote:As in today, The team traveled to Burton and trained there, Sakho stayed back at Melwood trained alone today and will do so tomorrow as well then rejoin with the team day after.

Don't really know what to think, llori is leaving apparently. Lucas is not fit and is not that good.
tbh mate it will be another wasted season. people tell me to give it time but the problems we have should have been fixed by now. 8 months since klopp came we still cant break down the weak teams. we still get done by counter attack. we still get done on set plays.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly on Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:38 am

@Unique wrote:
@Nishankly wrote:As in today, The team traveled to Burton and trained there, Sakho stayed back at Melwood trained alone today and will do so tomorrow as well then rejoin with the team day after.

tbh mate it will be another wasted season. people tell me to give it time but the problems we have should have been fixed by now. 8 months since klopp came we still cant break down the weak teams. we still get done by counter attack. we still get done on set plays.

He has to work with his new players, Can't expect it overnight. Will judge in February if we still struggle and Klopp refuses in January, Not getting worked up right now because its pointless.

Any thing new this window is an added bonus though.
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:48 am

@Nishankly wrote:
@Unique wrote:

He has to work with his new players, Can't expect it overnight. Will judge in February if we still struggle and Klopp refuses in January, Not getting worked up right now because its pointless.

Any thing new this window is an added bonus though.
I get that mate and I will also give him another season. but conte. pep and mourinho have just come in this season and all 3 will compeat for the title and one of them will win it. so how comes it don't take them 8 months and 2 transfer windows to fix the problems they had. a good manager should not need 8 months and 2 transfer windows to sort out a poor defence. good tactics on the training pitch should sort out a poor defence. infact I will bet anyone now that everton concede less goals than Liverpool this season and koeman has sold his best defender.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly on Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:02 am

They'll be competing because they've got elite squads with strong mentalities and then they've added players they've wanted.

It's his first window. You cannot count the January one.

I understand your frustration, Everybody has it including me but we need to wait atleast until January.
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:09 am

@Nishankly wrote:They'll be competing because they've got elite squads with strong mentalities and then they've added players they've wanted.

It's his first window. You cannot count the January one.

I understand your frustration, Everybody has it including me but we need to wait atleast until January.
yeah I am frustrated at the moment. lets see how we go Thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma on Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:59 am

@Red Alert wrote:inb4 committee

I hope for your own sake that you don't give the same excuse when and if (god forbid) Klopp's signings don't work out in the long run...
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:05 am

@ExtremistEnigma wrote:

I hope for your own sake that you don't give the same excuse when and if (god forbid) Klopp's signings don't work out in the long run...
forget this guy mate. he was blaming goals on players that were not even on the pitch Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Don't call me James on Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:35 am

You guys forget how shit our players used to be from 10/11 and on. I think this season is the first season where most of the squad is finally full of decent footballers with the exception of 1 or 2. Our players are good players even if some are bad fits.

Like for example Hendo. He looked shit for 2 games now. He's not a shitty player all together but he does NOT fit the DM role. And Klopp will take the blame for it because it's his decision and if he persist with Hendo at DM and if we continue to fail miserably like against Burnley then Jurgen must be held accountable for it.

We don't need more players other than a LB.

We have decent players, now let's see what Klopp can do with them. Instead of turning over the team every summer we need to get the group of players that we have to play at their maximum ability. Once we see what the quality of their maximum performance is then we can improve upon that 1 by 1. I'm sick and tired of these huge turnovers. And this was the last summer of this I hope because Klopp is just hired and wanted his own players. And I'm glad Klopp agrees with this.

He's bought his own players in Karius, Matip, Klavan, Grujic, Gini, and Mane and he's pinpointed the players he liked from our existing squad (those who are now here) so now it's time to work on improving.

You guys need to stop with the unbelievable expectations. 8 months is NOT enough to finally find a solution to breaking park the bus teams. Even Barcelona's and Real Madrids to this day struggle with this. Their solutions to this was to bring in the best offensive players on the planet which they have. We don't have that option. So let's give Klopp time.

Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert on Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:53 am

@ExtremistEnigma wrote:

Why would I blame the committee?

The committee is made from the manager. Laughing

If Klopp's signings do fail, I will blame Klopp.

But we are in AUGUST. The window is still OPEN. Not sure how you can claim flop when they're still settling at the club.

And I will say this, from the signings so far, my only issue is with Wijnaldum. Newcastle fans were happy to see him go ffs. Laughing Squad player at best, not worth 23m imo. If he's a "first team" player we're in trouble. And that will be on Klopp.

@Curtinho wrote:I've already said that Rodgers' biggest failing was in the transfer market. I'm sure he would say the same (although he bought Firmino just before we sold Sterling, not a like for like replacement but Firmino is a better player).

Firmino being Sterling's replacement is the exact reason why Rodgers is a fool. How are the two close in playing style? To this day I have no idea what Rodgers was trying to build here. The squad Klopp has adopted was terrible. Again Rodgers' transfers really set us back, as did Dalglish before him.

Are you trying to re-write history? Klopp had a healthy squad last season? ARE YOU SERIOUS? Laughing

And again, apart from Wijnaldum his signings have been fine this season. Seriously, not a fan.

Allen had to go. He isn't Liverpool material and stagnated by sitting on the bench too long. He showed promise at the start but he left as a squad player wanting first team. We move on. I mean, he's not great going forward and he's not great in defence. We already have far too many passengers in the side. What's his height got to do with that?

Seriously. Just take a moment to take off those Rodgers tinted glasses and judge Klopp without comparing the two. Rodgers had to go. Look at the squad his left ffs. If after 3 years Klopp is in the same boat / there's been no progress / signings are awful then he deserves to get the sack too. You can keep arguing "not much has changed" but it's still essentially Rodgers squad atm. At the end of the day we've literally JUST had a pre-season. Players ARE still adapting but should slot in fine as they do suit Klopp's methods. Shit takes time. Nothing happens over night. Breathe.

Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:52 pm

@Don't call me James wrote:You guys forget how shit our players used to be from 10/11 and on. I think this season is the first season where most of the squad is finally full of decent footballers with the exception of 1 or 2. Our players are good players even if some are bad fits.

Like for example Hendo. He looked shit for 2 games now. He's not a shitty player all together but he does NOT fit the DM role. And Klopp will take the blame for it because it's his decision and if he persist with Hendo at DM and if we continue to fail miserably like against Burnley then Jurgen must be held accountable for it.

We don't need more players other than a LB.

We have decent players, now let's see what Klopp can do with them. Instead of turning over the team every summer we need to get the group of players that we have to play at their maximum ability. Once we see what the quality of their maximum performance is then we can improve upon that 1 by 1. I'm sick and tired of these huge turnovers. And this was the last summer of this I hope because Klopp is just hired and wanted his own players. And I'm glad Klopp agrees with this.

He's bought his own players in Karius, Matip, Klavan, Grujic, Gini, and Mane and he's pinpointed the players he liked from our existing squad (those who are now here) so now it's time to work on improving.

You guys need to stop with the unbelievable expectations. 8 months is NOT enough to finally find a solution to breaking park the bus teams. Even Barcelona's and Real Madrids to this day struggle with this. Their solutions to this was to bring in the best offensive players on the planet which they have. We don't have that option. So let's give Klopp time.
my problem is not really down to the fact we find it hard to break down the small teams. My problem is after 8 months we still defend like a team that's just met each other for the first time. A good defence is down to tactics and work on the training pitch. The small teams come with a good game plan and the right tactics and we find it hard to score. We however give away the most silly goals you will ever see.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next