Nishankly
Hapless_Hans
Art Morte
RedOranje
McAgger
23 posters

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2016 || Klopp Loses His Virginity - Page 4 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2016 || Klopp Loses His Virginity

Post by donttreadonred Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:00 pm

Any logical governing body would not issue a further ban after clearing a player to play, and doing it in time for selection to a major competitive tournament. Now, as I used the qualifier "logical", the statement doesn't necessarily apply to UEFA.

That said, I'm not sold on a Lineup of Sakho, Matip Lovren, Gomez, and Ilori. Given the indications at the end of last season (when we were using Skrtel and Lucas as a CB pairing ahead of Caulker and Ilori), I have a hard time seeing Ilori with a future at the club. I hope that I'm wrong. I hope that Ilori was simply being protected and placed on a similar strength regime to that which saw Origi progress so impressively. (Goodness knows he could use a bit more size.) However, if I were to go clearly on the manager's selection preferences, I'd say his days at the club are numbered.

That leaves us with 3 established first-teamers and Gomez. Your comfort level with that lineup likely hinges on your faith that Gomez is ready to be a semi-regular PL CB. I'm not yet convinced. I think he has a very bright future, and he might have been ready had he not just spent the majority of the season sidelined by injury. Therefore, I would like to see another CB come in, preferably a physically dominant, right-sided CB.

donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2016 || Klopp Loses His Virginity - Page 4 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2016 || Klopp Loses His Virginity

Post by Art Morte Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:01 am

BBC reporting that Sadio Mané is our top summer target and we've bid £30m... depressing af.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:26 am

30m?
Klopp gave this a green light?
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:28 am

I think he is over priced but mane is a very good player imo. Full of pace and movement and has far better end product than lallana. I think he will fit in well tbh.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:48 pm

I guess 30m is not what 30m used to be.

I'm seeing West Ham is throwing 40+ on Lacazette. Deeney is getting bid at 25m.

This whole summer has been underwhelming. Mane is not a bad player but him being our best attacking signing Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:52 pm

Sturridge

Mane. Coutinho. Firmino

For next season it is then. I wanted gotze but can't always get what you want.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:57 am

Mané is mostly a counter-attacking player and most of the time we cannot play on the counter. He's not a good dribbler or creator. He is suited to Southampton but I don't think he'd suit us. I hope I'm wrong. But this feels exactly like a Rodgers transfer (if it happens).
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:55 am

Art Morte wrote:BBC reporting that Sadio Mané is our top summer target and we've bid £30m... depressing af.
:facepalm: :brickwall: :facepalm: :brickwall:
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:31 pm

wsup
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:37 am

Oh *bleep*, Mané is going to have a medical today after a fee "in excess" of £30m has been agreed. This is bullshit.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:53 am

Honestly out of everyone on this board, I thought Morty would be the one not minding this signing Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:12 am

Art Morte wrote:Oh *bleep*, Mané is going to have a medical today after a fee "in excess" of £30m has been agreed. This is bullshit.
£30mil being spent on mane. That means someone is about to be sold cheers
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:05 pm

Im fine with spending 30m on this guy as long as we have enough funds for the other spots.

Mane's playing in the PL. Joined for 12m, So you would expect him to go at atleast 20m. then's its the English league, Liverpool etc etc.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:57 pm

So we've signed at least 3 would be starters for next season in Mane, Matip, and Karius. Hopefully they are all improvements which I think they are (not too hard to improve on Mig, Lovren, and Lallana tbh) even if they are not sexy signings like we wanted.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:06 am

Lallana > Mané

Mané is a goalscoring winger or second striker who is all about pace. We need players with better technique than him.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:39 am

lmao Lallana has awful end product. At least Mane scores about 15 goals a season.

I'm not fond of this signing by any means but at least he will improve the starting XI and unlike Benteke he fits the pressing game.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:55 am

Nishankly wrote:Im fine with spending 30m on this guy as long as we have enough funds for the other spots.

Mane's playing in the PL. Joined for 12m, So you would expect him to go at atleast 20m. then's its the English league, Liverpool etc etc.

Watford have rejected £25 mil for Troy Deeneyand Bournemouth have rejected £25 mil for Wilson and Ritche .Even outside PL Leverkusen have rejected £29mil for Bellarabi.Transfer fee inflation are going through the roof .£30 is easily the market price for a player like Mane .

Heck United had a same bid rejected for him last year .And he has had another good season.T o put it into perspective we sold Borini for £11 mil and that was before the new TV deals
For £20 mil we can maybe sign the likes of Bolesi or Chamberlain .Even that is doubtful honestly.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:02 am

Art Morte wrote:Lallana > Mané

Mané is a goalscoring winger or second striker who is all about pace. We need players with better technique than him.

Lallana is better at keeping possession of ball but that hardly helps us win games when he regularly misses sitters and hardly creates much either .
Mane probably has scored more in this season than Lallana has in last 3-4 season.
As for technique we already have the likes of Coutinho Firmino and Sturridge in Starting XI.What we need is a attacking player with pace and decent goal scoring record .With a misfiled 3 of Lallana Coutinho and Firmino we are very predictable.

We desperately needed a wide forward with Pace .Whether Mane is of the quality may be arguable but we definitely needed a player in his mode (don't know who else we can could go for of similar type ) and he definitely is better quality than Lallana for first XI as well
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:14 am

Mané scored 11 PL goals last season. Lallana scored 9 in his last season at Southampton. Hardly a difference there. And the point is, Mané will be lucky to reach double digits again with us. His abilities are not suited to a big team that's going to dominate most games. Pace does not help us that much, because most teams will defend deep against us. He'll flop at Liverpool.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:21 am

Lallana is improving, which is a great sign imo. I'd keep riding him. He has very good technique, which is a great starting point.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:48 am

Morty, do you think Lallana has flopped after 2 years at Liverpool?

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:03 am

Mane official 30m pounds, Okay then. Get in Sadioo
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:36 am

BeautifulGame wrote:
Nishankly wrote:Im fine with spending 30m on this guy as long as we have enough funds for the other spots.

Watford have rejected £25 mil for Troy Deeneyand Bournemouth have rejected £25 mil for Wilson and Ritche .Even outside PL Leverkusen have rejected £29mil for Bellarabi.Transfer fee inflation are going through the roof .£30 is easily the market price for a player like Mane .

Heck United had a same bid rejected for him last year .And he has had another good season.T o put it into perspective we sold Borini for £11 mil and that was before the new TV deals
For £20 mil we can maybe sign the likes of Bolesi or Chamberlain .Even that is doubtful honestly.
Thumbs up Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:11 am

Don't call me James wrote:Morty, do you think Lallana has flopped after 2 years at Liverpool?

No, I think he's done well enough to keep his place in the regularly playing squad = not a flop.
Obviously he could have done better, though, but I think most of our fans are happy to have Lallana in the team, not as a certain starter, but a regular anyway. I do think his contribution to the team is positive.

And Lallana is more a creator than a finisher. We need creators. Mané is not one. Signing him makes me think Klopp wants us to play counter-attacking, quick-transition football. For that purpose Mané suits fine. I'm just not convinced that many teams at all in the PL will let us play like that. I think this is an awful signing.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:55 am

Mané is a good signing for a couple of reasons. He's not a world class player, obviously, but he's still young and has room to grow. But more importantly he's a goal scoring winger. That's an important distinction because for the last few seasons it seems like all of our wide players have been natural 10s while Mané is a legitimate wide player and he's very direct which sits well with Klopp's system. There's no reason to compare him to Lallana they're different kinds of players.

Also with Zielinski likely coming in, Coutinho, Lallana, Henderson and Firmino (not counting academy guys and Allan) we don't really 'need' more creators. What we do need is players that can put the ball in the net with some consistency.

As far as money goes we need to stop worrying about it in general. I'm extremely confident that money will never be an obstacle for us in terms of signing a player. Liverpool have plenty of money. It'll be interesting to see how the team lines up next season, but I'm sure there's still some more movement to come (especially on the sale front).
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:17 am

What will happen to Ibe?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next