Biggest achievement in football history?

+28
Raptorgunner
Cruijf
Hapless_Hans
Helmer
BarcaLearning
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Kick
titosantill
futbol
BarrileteCosmico
izzy
Robespierre
zigra
rincon
Kaladin
Freeza
farfan
Turok_TTZ
M99
sportsczy
Lex
Art Morte
McAgger
rwo power
Doc
CBarca
Firenze
RealGunner
32 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Biggest achievement in football history? - Page 4 Empty Re: Biggest achievement in football history?

Post by titosantill Tue May 03, 2016 3:01 pm

maintaining the status is an achievement in itself, but its kinda like rich getting richer. u win the title, and next year you spend another huge cheque on players, some from rival sides to maintain dominance...not that there's anything wrong with that, hell i'm a madrid fan, and we're always looking for who to sign. but we see that happen everyday, hell we'll see it happen next season. familiarity breeds contempt, we're very familiar with such stories, and your quality argument could even make sense in such scenario as well.......but most people's point is that 5000 to 1 odds doesn't happen everyday.

bayern will win the league tomorrow, and probably sign someone from dortmund or some other smaller side in europe and look to do it all over again with carlo ancelotti this time. didn't mean that as a form of disrespect to bayern or bundesliga fans, just using that as an example. point being, we've seen those stories before

titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Biggest achievement in football history? - Page 4 Empty Re: Biggest achievement in football history?

Post by zigra Tue May 03, 2016 3:13 pm

Oh I do understand that it's a big shock and people love to see big shocks because obviously they don't happen very often.
I just don't think the biggest shock equals the biggest achievement, that's all.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue May 03, 2016 5:18 pm

Not just map Hans , in Italy ppl didn't even know how Leicester had to be pronounced Laughing
English ppl usually "eat" letters while Italians pronounce anyone of them .. just now ppl is behnning to call it correctly , before noone really cared of them.

For me no really doubts it was the biggest ever. .. Perhaps Forest under Clough is the case mostly comparable but it was another period. Football is basically a dead sport where the leagues are already decided for the economic gap created from CL Money and FFP. .
Besides Leicester didn't """just""" win the league, they won it with 3 matches ADVANCE (many underrate this ). !
I can't still believe we saw this.
Probably it will be also the last time.
Thanks Leicester.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue May 03, 2016 5:51 pm

Robes speaks the truth. I didn't know how to pronounce Leicester. An english guy from work told me how to say it. And I still can't point it on the map.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue May 03, 2016 5:58 pm

Spoiler:

As you can, Leicester is somewhere in the middle of England. To those that would know, is that what they call the Midlands?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Tue May 03, 2016 7:00 pm

futbol wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Also it's funny Futbol actually believes VilLOLrreal are actually better than Spurs and Arsenal.

Not a chance in hell lol.

I wouldn't say better but in the same tier. Spurs and Arsenal are maybe slighty better but only by little nuances. Over 2 legs I'd trust Villarreal to knock both teams out tbh, due to tactical superiority, having bigger balls and being battle-tested by playing against Barca, Real and Atletico regularly. Villarreal have 2 wins, 2 draws, 2 losses against Barca, Real and Atletico and those 2 losses came very late in the Bernabeu and Camp Nou in overall tight games. You think Arsenal or Spurs got anything on them? Sit down, m8. rofl
Are you trying to imply Liverpool are better than Spuds and Arsenal since we are going to knock them out this week? hmm
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Tue May 03, 2016 7:04 pm

Let's just say, Leicester's achievement is the biggest of its kind in the Internet era. I personally couldn't give two shits about Hellas Verona's achievement and the likes some 3 decades ago when I wasn't even born.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue May 03, 2016 7:07 pm

Doc wrote:
Spoiler:

As you can, Leicester is somewhere in the middle of England. To those that would know, is that what they call the Midlands?

Man I hope we get a PL team from the Isle of Man eventually.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue May 03, 2016 7:08 pm

Kick wrote:
rincon wrote:I never realized that the always runner up Ballack had won a league title with Kaiserslautern. Ballack is the Rainieri of players Molenation

titosantill wrote:i think its a bit unfair to ballack to say that. the stars just didn't align perfectly for him

Ballack won like 5 league titles, Rincon is either ignorant or joking.

Its just a joke, Ballack is one of my favorite midfielders. Both of them are quality player/coach but kept coming 2nd many times in their careers are were joked as runner ups.

Last edited by rincon on Tue May 03, 2016 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue May 03, 2016 7:08 pm

I think even english speaking countries outside England have trouble pronouncing Leicester lol.

It's 'Lester' but many think it's lei-ces-ter.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue May 03, 2016 7:11 pm

Someone tell me how to pronounce Worcestershire sauce Sad
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue May 03, 2016 7:13 pm

RealGunner wrote:I think even english speaking countries outside England have trouble pronouncing Leicester lol.

It's 'Lester' but many think it's lei-ces-ter.

That's very French of them if u ask me

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue May 03, 2016 7:16 pm

Lex wrote:Someone tell me how to pronounce Worcestershire sauce Sad

no one really knows
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue May 03, 2016 7:31 pm

rincon wrote:

no one really knows

As a former colony of theirs, we were taught to pronounce it as "Woo-ster" as you would say rooster but with a W. To this day, it seems awfully wrong.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue May 03, 2016 8:24 pm

I don't know how people who actually watched their games would have trouble pronouncing it. All the commentators I've heard pronounce them as Lester.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue May 03, 2016 8:40 pm

Worcester is a pretty common town name and it's pronounced Wooster
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Tue May 03, 2016 9:17 pm

Wose te sheer
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue May 03, 2016 9:26 pm

In my opinion, Montpellier winning Ligue 1 while competing with PSG (until the end as opposed to Leicester competing with Tottenham) with one 2mil signing and a total squad of €30m is more impressive.

Hell they won Ligue 1 with Giroud up front ffs, that's just unvelievable,
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4