Lucifer
Kaladin
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
M99
18 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 27 - Page 17 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 27

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 25, 2016 3:08 pm

I'd love them to do PPVs like NXT.

I.E. One every quarter, they won't do it because money but having say Royal Rumble, Mania, Summerslam and Survivor Series and loads of build in between would be much better.

Maybe a Money in the Bank thrown in between but that's about it.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 27 - Page 17 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 27

Post by Onyx Wed May 25, 2016 3:08 pm

I'm not so sure about this brand split. They have got a stacked midcard, but when it comes to star power, they're lacking. I'd rather watch the best guys that they do have feud against each other on one show.

When they first did it, they had all the greats from WCW/WWF, but right now it's just a bunch of midcarders. I mean it kinda makes sense in a way, because outside of Orton/Cena, there's a lot of younger guys and midcarders. But again, it's the lack of star power issue. When there isn't much star power, you want the few guys you do have or the best midcarders all feuding on one main show.

Last edited by Onyx on Wed May 25, 2016 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed May 25, 2016 3:08 pm

I just noticed Benoit in your sig rofl

But yeah knowing WWE, that'd be ok with them, they will just keep shoving what we dont want down our throats
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed May 25, 2016 3:09 pm

Lmao it was an edit I seen from that mystery partner Wyatt - Ambreigns angle I still laugh about it every couple of days.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed May 25, 2016 3:10 pm

Onyx wrote:I'm not so sure about this brand split. They have got a stacked midcard, but when it comes to star power, they're lacking. I'd rather watch the best guys that they do have feud against each other on one show.

When they first did it, they had all the greats from WCW/WWF, but right now it's just a bunch of midcarders. I mean it kinda makes sense in a way, because outside of Orton/Cena, there's a lot of younger guys and midcarders. But again, it's the lack of star power issue. When there isn't much star power, you want the few guys you do have or the best midcarders all feuding on one main show.

Maybe they can start building some 'stars' because there's room for people not in the current main event to actually win more than 2 matches in a row without WWE shitting all over them to protect the main event.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 25, 2016 3:12 pm

Well i agree there's a lacking in star power, but that's their own fault for not building people.

I mean they have started to try and do it since WM but that's their own fault and at least 5 years too late.

I don't think the brand split does anything to stop that either way and having two legit shows gives them time to allow them to build these guys to be stars.

At the moment a lot of guys are just lost in the shuffle and don't get tv time, which is the biggest issue with guys coming up from NXT.

Crews comes up from NXT and gets little to no TV time and it isn't helping anyone. No matter what you think of him and i don't like him much either but there's a lot of cases like that.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed May 25, 2016 3:16 pm

Thinking about it I don't think the WWE championship being defended across both shows would work. What if a Smackdown guy was the no. 1 contender - would he have to appear on RAW as well, or would RAW go without a world title feud? That just seems impossible to me.

They have so many decisions to make. Hopefully they don't screw most of them up.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed May 25, 2016 3:18 pm

Brand split will lead to a major PPV seperating the titles imo. Wonder how they'll execute it though. I guess they split them up and have a champ drop 1 and keep the other after giving him both for a while.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 25, 2016 3:22 pm

On the plus side if they did have two world titles, at least we'd have one where Super Reigns isn't holding it Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed May 25, 2016 3:25 pm

True, but we might get "this isn't the good title or the bad title, it's THE title" promos instead.

Interesting times ahead. Wonder if NXT stars will be in the draft, too. Would be a good way to get, say, Nakamura and Joe onto one of the shows. Balor should debut with "the Club".

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed May 25, 2016 3:26 pm

Jay29 wrote:True, but we might get "this isn't the good title or the bad title, it's THE title" promos instead.

Interesting times ahead. Wonder if NXT stars will be in the draft, too. Would be a good way to get, say, Nakamura and Joe onto one of the shows. Balor should debut with "the Club".

Hoping for it
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 25, 2016 3:32 pm

RG loves that promo man Laughing

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed May 25, 2016 3:36 pm

TNA is on Tuesday nights. RIP. Laughing

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed May 25, 2016 3:40 pm

Enzo's gimmick is a loudmouth New Yorker. He is like a lot of guys I met except the personality is turned up to 11. I agree with MT that he is much more than catchphrases, the guy can cut a unique promo directed at different people a lot like The Rock. He is better than Road Dogg at that department.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 25, 2016 3:46 pm

Onyx wrote:TNA is on Tuesday nights. RIP. Laughing

TNA isn't already dead? who knew hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed May 25, 2016 3:59 pm

Mulled over it a bit and its a bad idea, there's so much that could go wrong that its not worth it
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed May 25, 2016 4:22 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:RG loves that promo man Laughing

His career defining promo

When he is about to equal Cena's 19 wwe title record in 2025. People will remember that promo
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 25, 2016 4:45 pm

ES wrote:Mulled over it a bit and its a bad idea, there's so much that could go wrong that its not worth it

It's not a good idea, a bad idea but THE idea imo.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed May 25, 2016 8:47 pm

Main man Dave Scrubzer with some updates. hmm

Cena as champion on one show, Reigns on the other?

https://i.imgur.com/Mggwl3x.gif The Official WWE Thread - Part 27 - Page 17 6T81u

Yeh, looks like the biggest problem's going to be lack of star power. When you have a 3 hour show to fill, the last thing you want is people nobody care about taking up time. Sure, long term it could create new stars. However that's not the priority. The quality of the show is just as important.

Dave says so little information is out. Has heard from people in the company Vince is really pumped up, filled with ideas as far as talent goes. Expect Vince to be aggressive in going after talent that is not signed to WWE/NXT currently.

This move creates a greater barrier for the casual fan who doesn't WANT to watch 5-9 hours of wrestling a week and finds it overwhelming, but will be great for the super fan who feels committed to watching all WWE content.

If you put this whole roster on paper, yes it works for 2 strong shows. However, could be shortsighted due to the potential for injury.
Alvarez says they *bleep* this up the first time. Would love to see it work, but both guys don't sound optimistic. Less talent on the shows, the 3 hour RAW will suffer. More matches with guys that fans don't care about. Could hurt ratings, causing them to quickly panic and start sharing talent across brands (like before).

Dave says it's probably a given that Cena and Roman will be the headliners on the two separate brands. Points out that now the amount of matchups that can be created are cut by probably 40%.

Dave says the decision RIGHT NOW is that there will be TWO world championships. Bryan hates it. Also, IC title will be on one show and US title on the other. It will be a Stephanie and Shane split, one on each show.

No info yet on the women's situation, hasn't been decided.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 25, 2016 8:54 pm

If they are patient and continue to push new guys it can work imo.

They have to show patience though and not fall on Cena everytime it doesn't work immediately like they have done.

I of course have no belief they will actually do that but we'll see, the bit about them panicking is most important and must not happen for it to be a success.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed May 25, 2016 8:55 pm

I don't think you need 2 shows to create stars. Over the years there's been plenty of missed opportunities to create stars. But that was because of booking and creative.

Creating legit stars is dependent on people getting over. The way people get over is by being entertaining, simply shoving talents down people's throats doesn't work. Reigns and Rollins might be stars today, but they aren't that big. Why? Because they're manufactured stars. They're not as big as Punk and Bryan were. 2 guys who organically got over with average booking.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed May 25, 2016 8:58 pm

Have to skil 50% of RAW as it is.

Can see them having 2 divas segment on Smackdown and RAW. Pre-show content will now be on proper brands. More time for primo, epico, kallisto n co.

ain't nobody etc

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed May 25, 2016 8:58 pm

They will most likely make Cena headline smackdown to build interest. Reigns is probably going to stay in RAW

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Wed May 25, 2016 9:00 pm

You got at least 6-7 guys in NXT who are main roster worthy, then you have guys like Rollins, Ambrose, Owens, JA and so who are ready to step up from the mid card, you got a bunch of injured guys who are about to come back, and there's a chance they resign Sandaw to headline wrestle mania Proud This could work.

Last edited by zizzle on Wed May 25, 2016 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed May 25, 2016 9:01 pm

Plus most of the guys who aren't even on TV right now are basically jobbers who aren't worth the time. Even then there's people like Primo and Epico, Darren Young, Fandango etc who they still find time for. And occasionally there's even 2 divas segments.

3 hours is plenty of time to fit in all the required talent.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Wed May 25, 2016 9:04 pm

The 6 or 7 guys on NXT are enough to carry smackdown. Add Cena and a couple of league of jobbers guys and you're set. Plus they can now resign people like Barret and so now that they actually need them
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next