Manchester United Vs Manchester City : Who has the brighter future ?

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

What do you pick

58% 58% 
[ 21 ]
42% 42% 
[ 15 ]

Total Votes : 36

Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City : Who has the brighter future ?

Post by Adit on Sat May 28, 2016 11:18 am

French players prefers to play abroad because that is where money is...PSG can attract them only then.

Best Spanish players who are not needed by Barca or real already plays outside Spain. Spanish clubs can't hold onto them.

Same with Germany, the best talents who Bayern Munich don't want will end up in pl.

Best Italian prospect is already playing outside Italy mainly because of wages and all.

I don't think there is any cultural trends, they just follows money and when top clubs in your home country can't offer you that then you jumps ship to pl.

Your last sentence is spot on. Do you believe Aguero saying he likes playing in that BPL? He only stays there for the money and in the end Atletico still hasn't got a better player than Aguero after he left...

Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S on Sat May 28, 2016 11:19 am

None of that will actually happen outside of a few exceptions.

40M bid rejected by OL president for Lacazette

40M by West Ham

Big bids from these mid-table teams will be given now
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Sat May 28, 2016 11:27 am

According to French team presidents and L'Equipe rofl

Both are which are known bullshitters.

I can't count the amount of made up bids we supposedly made for Ligue 1 players according to both.

Lets not forget the recent classic of Nice president saying Ben Arfa is signing for Barcelona. Nice to know you suddenly believe these things when it suits your agenda though.

Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Sat May 28, 2016 1:15 pm

@Winter is Coming wrote:It'll be interesting to see who wins the PL. Mou, Conte, Klopp will go all out since they won't have CL, while Pep will be in both with City.

I can tell you right now who will win the PL. Pep's City. 3 years in a row.

I wonder why anyone even gets the idea it could be any different.

A coach who's teams win 80% of all games in a league where the recent champion won 60% of their games, and won the league by 10 points Laughing

He will walk the league, it's as simple as that.

It's funny that suddenly everyone is forgetting the hard learned lessons again and falls back into Sky Sports "Can he make it on a cold Wednesday in Stoke Best League Most Competitive bla bla" mode.

It's nonsense. Pep has won the league 6 times out of 7 seasons, 3 out of 4 in the best league.

This is not a surprise, and it's not suspenseful.

Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill on Sat May 28, 2016 1:42 pm

@Adit wrote:

Your last sentence is spot on. Do you believe Aguero saying he likes playing in that BPL? He only stays there for the money and in the end Atletico still hasn't got a better player than Aguero after he left...

Bad example Adit, What he said previously was Atleti may not get a better or equal player in return, but would use the money to improve their team. Take a good look at who Atleti has had for strikers since Kun left or for that matter go back to Fortin's departure. they have never been lacking for striker power and their team certainly has improved immensely since Kun left!!!!!

You are actually missing the biggest point of why maybe the EPL may improve and that is effective management of money and a good coach. Splashing money around at top players just doesn't work without effective management, good coaching, good scouting, a development system and a solid system.

I am real skeptical of these statements being made by you, Sports and a few others. I'm not really concerned about money (we have after all watched the money doesn't matter for several years now), but the influx of good coaches is concerning (to me and my bias towards the best leaque in the world). But can a good coach and money make up for effective management, good scouting, a development system and a solid system? The biggest reason on why not, is the constant overrating that is done for EPL, and UK players. They simply do not have a development system nor good scouting.
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol on Sat May 28, 2016 1:52 pm

@Hapless_Hans wrote:
@Winter is Coming wrote:It'll be interesting to see who wins the PL. Mou, Conte, Klopp will go all out since they won't have CL, while Pep will be in both with City.

A coach who's teams win 80% of all games in a league where the recent champion won 60% of their games, and won the league by 10 points Laughing

It's funny that suddenly everyone is forgetting the hard learned lessons again and falls back into Sky Sports "Can he make it on a cold Wednesday in Stoke Best League Most Competitive bla bla" mode.

It's nonsense. Pep has won the league 6 times out of 7 seasons, 3 out of 4 in the best league.

If you are a man, you go to the betting thread with this. :coffee:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Sat May 28, 2016 2:06 pm

@futbol wrote:
@Hapless_Hans wrote:

If you are a man, you go to the betting thread with this. :coffee:

take a look :coffee:

Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S on Sat May 28, 2016 2:52 pm

@Adit wrote:French players prefers to play abroad because that is where money is...PSG can attract them only then.

Best Spanish players who are not needed by Barca or real already plays outside Spain. Spanish clubs can't hold onto them.

Same with Germany, the best talents who Bayern Munich don't want will end up in pl.

Best Italian prospect is already playing outside Italy mainly because of wages and all.

I don't think there is any cultural trends, they just follows money and when top clubs in your home country can't offer you that then you jumps ship to pl.

I dont know why you insist on the French league example.Its always been a selling league.Players leave them not just because they receive more money but also because they'd want to test themselves in more competitive and attractive leagues.Same for Eredivisie.

As far as Spanish/German/Italian talents go,you're right,they'd only leave their respective countries  if the top clubs pass on them not necessarily to the EPL but elite clubs in other leagues.The whole world doesnt revolve around EPL you know.
If you take Atletico again as an example who are still poor financially.We've been talking for years that Koke will leave yet it hasnt happened because he's Spanish and he's loyal to them.Basically my point is if their top talents want to stay,they'll facilitate a means for them to stay.Just like Roma with Totti,De Rossi etc.You cant ignore this  and generalize that every player wants the PL and its wages.

If Southampton buy Bailly off Villareal,after a couple of yrs later,eventually he'd want to leave,if not for a top EPL club,then for a top abroad club and Southampton would have no choice but to facilitate the move.Simple as that.

As for Aguero,he's a foreign player who plays with no real attachment or loyalties to his club unlike a said German/Italian player in his league.He'll play where the money is just like substantial percentage of South American players do.
Atletico havent had a better player than him,yet their team has gotten better after he left Laughing
So basically key behind a success of a football club is a good management right at the top.Its why Juventus are competing with the best despite inferior resources.

Mo' money mo' problems is going to be the mantra as far as EPL goes.It will never ever become like NBA.Not comparable at all.
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S on Sat May 28, 2016 2:56 pm

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:According to French team presidents and L'Equipe rofl

I can't count the amount of made up bids we supposedly made for Ligue 1 players according to both.

Lets not forget the recent classic of Nice president saying Ben Arfa is signing for Barcelona. Nice to know you suddenly believe these things when it suits your agenda though.

So you think Lacazette wont go higher than 40 ? ok then Laughing
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Sat May 28, 2016 3:06 pm

@S wrote:
@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:According to French team presidents and L'Equipe rofl

Where did i say that? i said it won't be a mid table PL club that buys him for that amount.

Interesting to you suddenly find Lolquipe to be a good source though :coffee:

Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by S on Sat May 28, 2016 3:09 pm

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
@S wrote:

Where did i say that? i said it won't be a mid table PL club that buys him.

Interesting to you suddenly find Lolquipe to be a good source though :coffee:

I have seen those rumors from other reliable sources though let alone L'ecrape
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill on Sat May 28, 2016 3:16 pm

@futbol_bill wrote:
@Adit wrote:

Bad example Adit, What he said previously was Atleti may not get a better or equal player in return, but would use the money to improve their team. Take a good look at who Atleti has had for strikers since Kun left or for that matter go back to Fortin's departure. they have never been lacking for striker power and their team certainly has improved immensely since Kun left!!!!!

You are actually missing the biggest point of why maybe the EPL may improve and that is effective management of money and a good coach. Splashing money around at top players just doesn't work without effective management, good coaching, good scouting, a development system and a solid system.

I am real skeptical of these statements being made by you, Sports and a few others. I'm not really concerned about money (we have after all watched the money doesn't matter for several years now), but the influx of good coaches is concerning (to me and my bias towards the best leaque in the world). But can a good coach and money make up for effective management, good scouting, a development system and a solid system? The biggest reason on why not, is the constant overrating that is done for EPL, and UK players. They simply do not have a development system nor good scouting.

the influx of good coaches is motivated by what......? Money. if simeone was a different person, he'd have gone to england by now. an array of top clubs had him on their radar, but the guy, maybe due to his playing days, genuinely loves atleti. the only reason he may consider moving to serie a is once again cos of his playing experience there. financial wealth isn't limited to buying bulk of players alone- wages, signing top coaches, scouting, , better doctors and physios, facilities and stadium renovations (without having it take a hit on your transfer moves) etc.....there's a reason why klopp would not sign for another team in germany; the rivalry with bayern and nobody else putting up the money pool put up. money isn't restricted to signing players alone
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill on Sat May 28, 2016 3:35 pm

Yeah but can money overcome the problems they have with bad management, poor scouting, the constant overrating of teams and players, no or poor development system?

Take a look at good German, Italian and Spanish teams. They all have good players that have come from their own development systems or they are in country developed by other teams in the country that also have good development fabricas. The English simply do not have that. Money can buy you players (but not the entire roster) and coaches, but IMO the rest is missing and therefore I'm skeptical about what Sports, Adit and others are saying.
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit on Sat May 28, 2016 3:47 pm

@S wrote:
@Adit wrote:French players prefers to play abroad because that is where money is...PSG can attract them only then.

I dont know why you insist on the French league example.Its always been a selling league.Players leave them not just because they receive more money but also because they'd want to test themselves in more competitive and attractive leagues.Same for Eredivisie.

As far as Spanish/German/Italian talents go,you're right,they'd only leave their respective countries  if the top clubs pass on them not necessarily to the EPL but elite clubs in other leagues.The whole world doesnt revolve around EPL you know.
If you take Atletico again as an example who are still poor financially.We've been talking for years that Koke will leave yet it hasnt happened because he's Spanish and he's loyal to them.Basically my point is if their top talents want to stay,they'll facilitate a means for them to stay.Just like Roma with Totti,De Rossi etc.You cant ignore this  and generalize that every player wants the PL and its wages.

If Southampton buy Bailly off Villareal,after a couple of yrs later,eventually he'd want to leave,if not for a top EPL club,then for a top abroad club and Southampton would have no choice but to facilitate the move.Simple as that.

As for Aguero,he's a foreign player who plays with no real attachment or loyalties to his club unlike a said German/Italian player in his league.He'll play where the money is just like substantial percentage of South American players do.
Atletico havent had a better player than him,yet their team has gotten better after he left Laughing
So basically key behind a success of a football club is a good management right at the top.Its why Juventus are competing with the best despite inferior resources.

Mo' money mo' problems is going to be the mantra as far as EPL goes.It will never ever become like NBA.Not comparable at all.

Again your simply assuming that Juventus,barca,madrid,bayern ,PSG able to compete for top talents ( Juve still below a tier) financially means whole of the league's can compete against EPL.

What about the rest of the 19 teams in serie A

18 teams in La Liga, 17 teams in Ligue 1 and Bundesliga?

They can't compete for the tier two players for their epl counter parts.... Not just on fees but also on wages.

A few loyal examples like De Rossi,Koke doesn't represent the general trend. They are actually just exceptions.

Good management can take you but good management means finishing in CL places for those clubs and only a few can do it. Valencia was in better financial situation than Liverpool but Liverpool is in much better situation with out cl money but Valencia with cl is yet to get out. That is possible because of the TV money. Epl teams can fuk up and still easily recover while la liga ,serie a , bl teams finishing outside cl place is a disaster. Only few gets cl money too mind it.

Baily will only want to leave if interested teams can pay wage that is even remotely close to his wages in Southampton... other wise he will stay and suck up money and only return when he is finished like Torres is doing now Laughing with epl fodders getting 130 million from TV deal alone what are the chances of Udinese or Soceidad matching their salary ?

Aguero follows money just like every one.. Not just south Americans. In the end top players ends up in pl and the counter parts are left with second tier players. Top teams being able to compete for top players doesn't say anything at all.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit on Sat May 28, 2016 3:51 pm

Also what tittosanttil said.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S on Sat May 28, 2016 3:55 pm

You are ignoring how strong player power is though.You are just assuming players play for the money.I am disagreeing and saying players play for the ambition to win trophies also along with money ofc.Staying in mid-table clubs with big wages doesnt give you that.Eventually those teams have to concede defeat.Look at Lukaku for instance.Playing at the very top and competing in CL is what most players aspire for.

Every year the same shit has been spoken.Ffs i'm tired of all the hype about their money.

And this is all assuming other leagues just sit there and do nothing about it.

Last edited by S on Sat May 28, 2016 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill on Sat May 28, 2016 3:59 pm

@futbol_bill i'd say on the whole, la liga probably suffers more bad management in comparison to england. maybe i'm being a bit ignorant here, but i hardly hear issues pertaining to unpaid wages in the premiership. and the epl banning third party ownership of players rights imo is a step in the right direction to allow for transparency in transfers. the spanish league probably won't make such a move because for a bunch of clubs, the money to pay full wages isn't there, so they welcome third party ownership or part ownerships. obviously real and barcelona don't do that, and the other sides are hardly competitive enough to the point where real n barca will call for 3rd party ownership to be banned. they've already established their authority with the tv rights

money has its pros and cons, obviously sides with less money but high ambition like atleti for instance (primarily cos of simeone) or sevilla (primarily cos of monchi) will be a lot more prudent. in england, the top 4/6 sides are bound to throw money away unwisely. atleti and sevilla would be extremely different without simeone and monchi, and so too the league

as far as development systems, i know very little about youth football, i don't think italy has come up with anyone special since pirlo (watch them win the euros), once again, maybe i'm being ignorant cos i hardly follow serie a these days, i'm open to the serie a fans schooling me on their new italian prospects. spain and germany are experiencing a good era....i don't think the utds chelseas citys arsenals and some of the mid level youth systems have poor development fabrics, i seriously doubt that......sometimes, its just not your time.

but your primary worry was influx of coaches, and my point is, that influx of coaches is motivated primarily by money; not the fanbase, not the atmosphere, just money. aside from real and barcelona, no spanish club could have afforded going for mourinho konte klopp or pep, especially with those english clubs waiting on the wings. valencia wanted a foreign coach and freaking went for neville.....my point isn't about whether one league will dominate or not, but that  one cannot ignore the financial aspect or reduce it solely to ability to sign players
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit on Sat May 28, 2016 4:35 pm

@S wrote:You are ignoring how strong player power is though.You are just assuming players play for the money.I am disagreeing and saying players play for the ambition to win trophies also along with money ofc.Staying in mid-table clubs with big wages doesnt give you that.Eventually those teams have to concede defeat.Look at Lukaku for instance.Playing at the very top and competing in CL is what most players aspire for.

Every year the same shit has been spoken.Ffs i'm tired of all the hype about their money.

And this is all assuming other leagues just sit there and do nothing about it.

Money is the biggest motivator. Are we really going to argue about that?.. Trophy is all well and nice but if you are under paid with respect your peers then you will likely leave.

Player power for what? Most players after transfer gets wage rise not wage cut.

Again trophies are ambition of the top players who can actually earn trophies.

Would a player on soceidad rather stay with them or move to Southampton on high wage?

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S on Sat May 28, 2016 4:40 pm

Would a player on soceidad rather stay with them or move to Southampton on high wage?

There's two sides to this.

He moves to Southampton knowing he'll get a big move eventually or he goes there because he's playing football purely for the money and doesnt have  any ambition.

Last option-he'd wait it out if a big club in his league come calling.

You're pretending like EPL have the elitest of talents right now which is not true.All the big clubs in their respective leagues will have first dibs on them doesnt matter how much money mid-table epl teams offer them.

Money is a big motivator however you ought to look at this in an other way also.
Lewandowski will be a big celebrity in his country because he plays for Bayern.He'd probably be less recognized if he plays for West Ham or Tottenham.

Money is a motivator but so is fame and recognition.You get that by playing for the biggest of clubs which is ultimately every footballer's dream.
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit on Sat May 28, 2016 4:52 pm

Again how you managed to twist that example to fit your agenda of one or two big teams can get him first argument is beyond me Laughing

I'll make it simple, a midtable level talent who is not good enough for top clubs. Would he rather jump ship to a team offer better wage or stay with current midtable club?

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill on Sat May 28, 2016 5:36 pm

I'll reserve judgement pending the actual results of next two seasons. Big coaches are now there, they have the money, let's see what they can do before yours and Sports' prediction of EPL dominance.

I'll give you an extra year to allow the coaches a year to build.

By the way, the way I expect it to play out eventually is the top english teams (4 or 5 at most), get back to respectability and can compete (not dominate) with the best of Europe (2 or 3 from Spain, 1 or 2 from Italy, Germany, France and perhaps Portugal)
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon on Sat May 28, 2016 5:42 pm

Im with bill.

Eventually, if well managed, the EPL should return to being the "best" league around given all the money. For the time being there will be no domination though.

Teams can't have 100 players signed just cause they have money. Bayern, Madrid and Barca spend all they want and yet Atletico is in the final again, knocking 2 of those 3 out along the way. Juve was in the final last year and Dortmund before that. Money will only take you so far once you reach a certain level. Top players won't want to be benched all the time in top EPL teams and most won't want to sit in midtable EPL without champions league no matter how much money they have.

City has been spending freely for a while and they didn't dominate. United has always been bottomless in their funds and they are out of the CL. Same with Chelsea.

This teams will compete with the best but they won't dominate the best.
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S on Sat May 28, 2016 5:45 pm

@Adit wrote:Again how you managed to twist that example to fit your agenda of one or two big teams can get him first argument is beyond me Laughing

I'll make it simple, a midtable level talent who is not good enough for top clubs. Would he rather jump ship to a team offer better wage or stay with current midtable club?

I dont even get the context of 'mid-table' level talent.

Assuming selling club gets good money for that mid-table talent as you speak from a mid-table EPL club,how can we necessarily think it will weaken the selling club ? they could find a better talent than that mid-table level talent,who knows ?

Besides even those mid-table talents aspire to win trophies,play in the Champions league etc.
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash on Sun May 29, 2016 1:51 am

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:None of that will actually happen outside of a few exceptions.

What's the biggest price a mid table side has paid for a player outside of England? like 15-20m probably Laughing

It's easy to ask for 50m when you are a massive club but when you are Villarreal? not so much.

As much money as there is in England it's still the same clubs paying the 30-50m transfers that there was before....

The clubs that had no money before don't go up that far, sure overall they spend more than their Italian, Spanish and German counterparts but they spend anywhere near the amount you are expecting on one player.

You'll be lucky if you see 25m offers for Villarreal players from mid table PL teams for example.

Didn't a mid table club just fleece Madrid for 100m not too long ago?

Also, in re: the greater discussion, EPL teams have had more money than other leagues for years now. Their advantages are no different, perhaps more amplified, yet they might as well not have been in the CL, arguably the EL too (yes, I know Liverpool got to the final, but they were never going to win it).

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning on Sun May 29, 2016 6:54 am

To be realistic, money goes a long way in todays football world, even more so than before, and I dont know exactly the financial management of Man U I mean if they are willing to spend as big as Man C are clearly willing to buy top players. The situation is both clubs having two of the biggest coach fighting it out to get the best players to build their new teams, it doesnt get any more fasinating then this. On the money side and long term history of Pep, Man C clearly has the better future, as with Mou its hit or fail big, and u get the feeling he just own be able to keep success even if he manages it for 2-3 years max.
BarcaLearning
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:57 pm

@Curtinho wrote:I actually think United will win 2 or 3 - 1 tbh, unfortunately.
@Winter is Coming wrote:Going to be a draw or a United win me thinks.

Pls Laughing

Clear City win.

Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next