Zinedine Zidane Appreciation Thread

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Zinedine Zidane Appreciation Thread

Post by Thimmy on Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:04 pm

@sportsczy wrote:He's already the most trophied coach + manager ever...  by a country mile.

I'm obviously not comparing the two coaches based on their credentials. My only point was that Di Matteo won the biggest trophy under less favourable circumstances, yet we all know that it doesn't necessarily mean that he's a great coach. It seems to me that you're arguing that trophies = GOAT, regardless of the circumstances. Also, I'm definitely not a fan of claiming that someone is GOAT, based on their performance over a short period of time. I know a lot of people on here are, though. Can't tell whether it's banter or sincerity sometimes Laughing

Thimmy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning on Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:48 pm

I think they main thing about him is hes done the thing thats always been the hardest at Real - getting all the stars to together to work hard for the good of the team, including defending well. I dont think Ive seen Real ever so together and each and every player working so hard, and not just hard but playing smart as well. U see Ronaldo trying to set up other players even.

Its not just having the best players and attacking, on top of that, in the recent games espcially, u see Kroos and Modric roaming all around, even into the back line to escape the pressing from other teams, help defending so the FBs can push forward obviously, but so far back Casemiro was actually much farther in front. But then u also see them on the other hand press as a unit so quickly when they are bossing. Also the subs coming and being so efficient. They are just so flexible and smart in doing all these things. This must be down to Zidane and his teams work. Of course not to mention all the man management skills and other stuff.

Some managers tried to see some of these things, but none of them managed to do so many things and pulling them all off. So huge praise to Zidane...never thought he would be this good at managing.
BarcaLearning
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill on Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:26 pm

@BarcaLearning wrote:I think they main thing about him is hes done the thing thats always been the hardest at Real - getting all the stars to together to work hard for the good of the team, including defending well. I dont think Ive seen Real ever so together and each and every player working so hard, and not just hard but playing smart as well. U see Ronaldo trying to set up other players even.

Its not just having the best players and attacking, on top of that, in the recent games espcially, u see Kroos and Modric roaming all around, even into the back line to escape the pressing from other teams, help defending so the FBs can push forward obviously, but so far back Casemiro was actually much farther in front. But then u also see them on the other hand press as a unit so quickly when they are bossing. Also the subs coming and being so efficient. They are just so flexible and smart in doing all these things. This must be down to Zidane and his teams work. Of course not to mention all the man management skills and other stuff.

Some managers tried to see some of these things, but none of them managed to do so many things and pulling them all off. So huge praise to Zidane...never thought he would be this good at managing.

Well said, I think that basically sums the season up!
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit on Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:23 pm

Well Madrid doesn't need much more do they?

They have the individual quality to overwhelm all other teams. He had to get them to buy into his ideas, and the players did. Great man manager, and quite frankly that's what Real needs. Obviously that's easier said than done, when dealing with a team full of superstars (just ask Benitez) so big credit to him.

In the rare chance Madrid goes trophyless next season, I wonder if Flo will stick with him. hmm

Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudio84 on Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:17 pm

@Casciavit wrote:Well Madrid doesn't need much more do they?

They have the individual quality to overwhelm all other teams. He had to get them to buy into his ideas, and the players did. Great man manager, and quite frankly that's what Real needs. Obviously that's easier said than done, when dealing with a team full of superstars (just ask Benitez) so big credit to him.

In the rare chance Madrid goes trophyless next season, I wonder if Flo will stick with him. hmm

He should. There is no one better for us, he's not a tactical genius, but has the support of the players, we learnt our lesson (i would like to think) when we got rid of Carlo, although Zidane has been way better than him,

Claudio84
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 on Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:10 am

Has yet to lose at the Camp Nou

Zizou :bow:

Starlet

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down