Zinedine Zidane Appreciation Thread

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Zinedine Zidane Appreciation Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Zinedine Zidane Appreciation Thread

Post by titosantill on Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:16 am

@BarcaLearning wrote:Seeing some of his press conference quotes Very Happy This guy just doesnt give anything away, the press must hate him and wanted Mou, Zidane is so boring Very Happy Such a boss though.

actually no, the pro madrid media didn't want mou, and i don't think the pro barcelona media wanted him either. mou's been basically looked at as a plague in the pro madrid based media. they didn't want him at all. i actually still admire him as a coach, and i wouldn't have gotten crazy if we signed him, but yeah the madrid based media and even those not based in spain have been looking at getting mourinho as if he where aids

titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Zinedine Zidane Appreciation Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Zinedine Zidane Appreciation Thread

Post by BarcaLearning on Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:10 am

@titosantill wrote:
@BarcaLearning wrote:Seeing some of his press conference quotes Very Happy This guy just doesnt give anything away, the press must hate him and wanted Mou, Zidane is so boring Very Happy Such a boss though.

actually no, the pro madrid media didn't want mou, and i don't think the pro barcelona media wanted him either. mou's been basically looked at as a plague in the pro madrid based media. they didn't want him at all. i actually still admire him as a coach, and i wouldn't have gotten crazy if we signed him, but yeah the madrid based media and even those not based in spain have been looking at getting mourinho as if he where aids

Very Happy Imagine being Mou nowadays, he so deserves this though, cocky bastid Very Happy Its karma. Yea I guess most ppl prefer to have healthy and happy atmosphere, even in rivalries. I was more referring to those press who likes Mou for his ability to generate drama, quotes, controversies, etc, to attract more readers tongue
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:59 am

I'm really, really, really glad Mourinho didn't come after all. I was really afraid he might sign when I saw Nick trying already to "pave the way" for him with a bunch of excuses of how he's a proven winner and "available". Dodged a bullet on that one.

As for Z, I really hope he didn't sign without a blank cheque. That squad, especially the attack, needs a radical and brutal overhaul. And I hope Florentino after firing two managers already realizes that.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 on Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:39 am

Another pic of James.

Zinedine Zidane Appreciation Thread - Page 7 05a3wr5

#JUSTICE4Zinedine Zidane Appreciation Thread - Page 7 Lulcas11Zinedine Zidane Appreciation Thread - Page 7 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1Qm5HNgjLaUFoxTrAByV_TPaXaTm9kcWgsyrtiDOv7FlsWYRBZinedine Zidane Appreciation Thread - Page 7 ZidaneZinedine Zidane Appreciation Thread - Page 7 SmurffZinedine Zidane Appreciation Thread - Page 7 GhelyonZinedine Zidane Appreciation Thread - Page 7 Hungry_boyZinedine Zidane Appreciation Thread - Page 7 Lol-sign

Invisible Smilies 2012. Join the campaign.
M99
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 on Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:27 pm

wattba

anyway, zidane timings are incredible. very smart man. im even mroe impressed now.

First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:23 pm

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not, but this is the worst timing for any coach to take over. Z is showing great courage and determination here.

He's not taking over a stacked team with elite players in their prime. He's taking over an absolute mess of a team in dire need of a global and brutal overhaul.

His loyalty is stronger than his own ego. He could've easily turned down Florentino, thus preserving his incredible legacy at the club. Instead, he chose to associate his name with a trophyless season and work with a very weak team.

I just hope to god that he didn't accept the job without receiving guarantees that he'll have a lot of money to spend in the summer. Florentino owes him that much. He owes it to Real Madrid and to their fans for the stupid mistakes that he has done so far.

Time to redeem yourself, old man. Get your dusty cheque book and let's begin the raid.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill on Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:34 pm

@The Demon of Carthage wrote:I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not, but this is the worst timing for any coach to take over. Z is showing great courage and determination here.

He's not taking over a stacked team with elite players in their prime. He's taking over an absolute mess of a team in dire need of a global and brutal overhaul.

His loyalty is stronger than his own ego. He could've easily turned down Florentino, thus preserving his incredible legacy at the club. Instead, he chose to associate his name with a trophyless season and work with a very weak team.

I just hope to god that he didn't accept the job without receiving guarantees that he'll have a lot of money to spend in the summer. Florentino owes him that much. He owes it to Real Madrid and to their fans for the stupid mistakes that he has done so far.

Time to redeem yourself, old man. Get your dusty cheque book and let's begin the raid.

DoC - Stop calling him an old man!! He's the same age as me!!!!!!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:44 pm

Time to redeem yourself, young man. Get your dusty cheque book and let's begin the raid eco smile

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill on Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:45 pm

that's better LOL
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill on Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:04 pm

DoC,

I'm pretty sure Zidane came back with conditions. Remember his first reaction was I'll wait until June!! Plus we have been hearing about 300M budget. That's the same figure that was reported sometime ago as the amount available for a Mbappe or Neymar attempt.

I do suspect this is a valid budget amount (I saying that from what I have heard as a socio). There are ways available to increase that amount as well.
1. they can add to it, amounts from sales (e.g. Bale, James (there is a fixed price if Bayern decides to hold onto him), Modric, etc.
2. They are working on naming rights for stadium. Once done, then there will be budget room for more signings.
3. They can go back to bank, as they did for Ronaldo, Kaka for extra amount.

so bottom line, I do believe the budget capacity will be there.

However I'm concerned about exactly what Zidane plans to do.

Obviously he has to make some difficult decisions about Kroos, Modric, Marcelo, Isco, Asensio.

Plus he has to decide on Vinicius and Rodrygo.

And then he has to decide who can reasonably be obtained.

All difficult decisions!!

What I'm concerned about reading in this forum and local papers is everyone seems to expect an overhaul of bench and yet they think Zidane will go with same old except of course Bale and Ronaldo with apparently Hazard as a sure thing coming in!!

I sure hope that isn't the case.

I think we need a complete overall of front line and midfield. For instance if they bring in Hazard and Cavani or Jovic, that would likely mean Vinicius may start and bench is Benz (not likely with Zidane), Asensio, Isco, Lucas and Rodrygo with Brahim likely loaned out. That's 5 on bench, max that could go with is 4!

And if they stay with both Modric and Kroos, that means the same midfield as past two year!!!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:47 pm

The downside of bringing back Z is that now Benzema is certainly going to be the starting CF next season. He has always had a soft spot for him, and the latter also has the backing of Florentino who thinks he's the best 9 in the world. So I really don't think he'll be replaced or even relegated to the bench next season.

That leaves Bale and Vini. The Welshman is a as good as gone (finally banana ) but the jury is still out on the Brazilian. Z will make a decision based on his performance from now until the end of he season. He'll definitely be replaced by Hazard, but I think Z will decide whether to keep him as a back-up or loan him out.

What's absolutely crucial for Z's success is to push for a reliable and consistent goalscorer. Even if Benzema's place is protected, he has to think for an alternative to keep the stream of goals coming.

We lost arguably the best goalscorer of this generation, and he's definitely irreplaceable, but surely we can do better than the options we have now.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill on Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:40 pm

DoC, forgive me for saying this, but I think you just presented a very naive view!

Getting a goal scorer plus Hazard will not fix this team. It plus Zidane will make us better, but IMO that is not enough!!

If he goes with Benz, Hazard, new scorer, that somewhat improves us, but it’s the same midfield!

Look at it this way, Hazard is likely better than Isco, Benz is Benz, mediocre at best, and whoever new scorer is, he won’t be as good as Ronaldo, plus midfield is another year older!

I think the new scorer should rotate with Benz and either get another new scorer / winger or determine whether Vinicius or Rodrygo can become that other forward. I would like to see Hazard play as AM (i.e. play with 3 midfield and an AM) with Isco, if he stays as backup. There is an issue re backups though. If they go as I suggested, then you have Vinicius, Rodrygo, Asensio, Lucas, Brahim battling for at most 3 spots. you can easily say Brahim goes out on loan and keep Rodrygo at Castiila or something! But Rodrygo has always been projected as the better of the two!! I know it’s not the most important issue, but it contributes to Zidane’s headaches!

And re midfield, I say Modric and Kroos both should be replaced!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:42 am

You have a point, but I wasn't talking about what I wanted, but more like what will most likely going to happen.

If it was up to me, I would pulverize that entire frontline and bring a new front three. But Z and Florentino love Benzema too much, he'll not be replaced or even be relegated to the bench.

Don't expect too much changes in the summer. We have waited too long and passed up on countless opportunities. Whoever is left now in the market won't radically improve our situation.

I'm saying this because Flo only goes after players in the final year of their contract to get them on the cheap. That leaves only Hazard and maybe Ericksen as candidates.

Don't get your hopes up, that's what I'm trying to say. The suffering has just begun for us.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 on Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:54 am

You know for a fact Benzema is safe with Zidane. The Algerian connection is there. For better or for worse, we always want to see each other succeed.. to a fault.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chemicalboy99 on Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:27 am

Zinedine Zidane: "My toughest managerial opponent? For me, Scholes of Oldham."

Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:35 pm

ffs
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja on Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:54 pm

And Del Piero's finish is just as great.

Zinedine Zidane Appreciation Thread - Page 7 Nail-biting-gif-7

This boy knew
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Sun May 19, 2019 4:49 pm

So who is doing worse - Ole or Zizou?

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Sun May 19, 2019 4:51 pm

In Madrid's defence they have been counting down the days since getting knocked out of CL.

Team is on holiday mode and has been for a while.

We'll see how they do with Jovic, Hazard, ElNeny etc next season
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc on Sun May 19, 2019 5:08 pm

@Hapless_Hans wrote:So who is doing worse - Ole or Zizou?

Neither is doing anymore worse than the other as far as I am aware. Also, I take it Kovac winning Bundesliga means he'll be at Bayern for a while.

People of Eternia! I stand before the Great Eye of the galaxy. Chosen by destiny to receive the powers of Greyskull! This inevitable moment will transpire before your eyes, even as He-Man himself bears witness to it. Now. I, Skeletor, am Master of the Universe!
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte on Sun May 19, 2019 5:10 pm

Yeah Zidane should get a free pass for this season. Big summer for Madrid, they need more than Hazard.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum