zizzle
rincon
breva
18 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Chinese investing in Serie A Empty Chinese investing in Serie A

Post by breva Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:26 am

It looks like Inter for sure and Milan probably will be under Chinese control. The Chinese don't the something for nothing thing and everything is programmed by the central government. I am trying to figure out what they are planning as part of the Chinese government's objective to have China become a major player in world football. Will Milan and Inter become feeder clubs for the Chinese league?

The Chinese will certainly have a say on TV rights in China, so Serie A will probably be broadcast widely.

Any ideas?
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Chinese investing in Serie A Empty Re: Chinese investing in Serie A

Post by Guest Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:26 am

Its a sound investment. Milan clubs may be terrible now, but their name still carries worldwide. You get some super investors willing to put in cash to spend big, and you have an easy moneymaker.

I see the movement being in one direction though. Foreign players will come to China, but it won't happen the other way. While the Italian and Chinese leagues are probably similar in quality now, you don't see Chinese players who could easily play in a France or Germany(such as 武磊) not making the move. I think there is an emphasis in their players to stay in China and build up their league.

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:31 am

Milan desperately needs to be sold so a good move. Thohir I liked so that's a bit sad to see him gone.

Also, @betty how in the world is the Chinese league similar to Italy, Germany or France in quality??
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:45 pm

rincon wrote:Milan desperately needs to be sold so a good move. Thohir I liked so that's a bit sad to see him gone.

Also, @betty how in the world is the Chinese league similar to Italy, Germany or France in quality??

Because neither league really pushes a top player. Lets get real the only difference between the Chinese super league and France for example is the presence of the quality of the champions league for the top team. This is proved even harder when a manager like Pep, who walked the domestic league, gets sacked and is viewed as a failure because of not winning the champions league. These leagues are a formality now. At least with the Chinese super league they try to make it competitive by keeping a ca on foreign players at a time. A middling player can just as easy go to China to apply their trade, and even more so if they are Chinese. What incentive is there for a Chinese player to go abroad to those countries and play for a side like Torino? Is the quality really different playing Palermo on a Saturday than a side like Yanbian in China? The difference today is really only in name.

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:42 pm

If they bring the moneys then ni hao
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:56 pm

The difference in playing in Palermo or in Yanbian is immense. 99% of the best footballers in the world come from Europe, America and Africa ask them all where they want to play most, in Marseille or in China? Thats why China has to pay incredible prices for players to go there, cause players don't want to go. Whether or not a chinese players wants to leave china is not a measure of quality of the chinese league because chinese players are not particularly good, no one is queuing up to buy chinese players.

The league's competitiveness is also not a measure of quality. Not that the chinese league is any more competitive than ligue 1, Evergrande has won 5 years in a row, if Bundesliga is a formality then what is that?

You don't even need to look at the league winners. Would Napoli, Dortmund or Lyon not sweep the chinese league?
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:14 pm

I for one am terrified the Premier League might lose Arnautovic to Italy now.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:59 pm

rincon wrote:The difference in playing in Palermo or in Yanbian is immense. 99% of the best footballers in the world come from Europe, America and Africa ask them all where they want to play most, in Marseille or in China? Thats why China has to pay incredible prices for players to go there, cause players don't want to go. Whether or not a chinese players wants to leave china is not a measure of quality of the chinese league because chinese players are not particularly good, no one is queuing up to buy chinese players.

The league's competitiveness is also not a measure of quality. Not that the chinese league is any more competitive than ligue 1, Evergrande has won 5 years in a row, if Bundesliga is a formality then what is that?

You don't even need to look at the league winners. Would Napoli, Dortmund or Lyon not sweep the chinese league?

The difference is instead of being beat down by Juventus on a Saturday you are beat down by Guangzhou on a Sunday.

99% of footballers picking a famous European city over the vague "China" is one of mere demographics.  If I have never heard of a place like Guangzhou, or Jiang, then of course I would pick to play in the city I know of. As China becomes the major super power in the world this century I expect 2nd tier Chinese cities to become household names across the world, which in turn will make it a more attractive home and destination for footballers worldwide. Guangzhou has set up the standard for foreign super stars raising the team around them up. With more players coming in I don't expect Guangzhou to be top next season.

Comparing a Napoli,Dortmund, or Lyon to current Chinese sides is not comparable because of the slightly stricter rule in the Super league to improve Chinese football. In the coming years when such rules are relaxed I fully expect them to be comparable.

Also there are plenty of Chinese players good enough to be playing in Europe. This issue is mainly a pipeline one though. Very few scouts are able to lure Chinese players away where in other countries in Africa,Latin America,and Asia it is quite easy to turn their heads. I mean, look south towards Korea. There are, and have been, Koreans playing abroad who are quite rubbish. A guy like Park Chu-young, one of the most average footballers I have ever seen in my life, played for Arsenal. He is, and was never, anywhere near Arsenal quality. I mean a guy who was decent in south korea and could have stayed and helped raise the game. A guy like 武磊 could easily be playing in Europe, in fact there are lesser players than him starting for clubs like Manchester United right now so he could definitely go show some quality for a QPR type side, but in the end why would he? What does a guy like him or XooSheng get from leaving home where they are stars to play for middling or poor clubs in Europe? If they were from poor countries I might, but with their money life in Shanghai or Beijing is probably better than what they would get in Europe.

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:10 pm

Lmao
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:17 pm

"Comparing a Napoli,Dortmund, or Lyon to current Chinese sides is not comparable"

Exactly, you are saying it yourself now, its nowhere near comparable.

You can blame geography or money or language or whatever, sure, its all true. In the end the result is that the quality is so, so different.

Are you chinese? thats the only I can see anyone arguing that the quality of the chinese league is the same as 3 of Europe's top leagues.

You say that in the coming years you expect them to be comparable? Maybe, who knows about the future, but today it is not.

Where are these plenty of Chinese players that are good enough to play in all these European teams if chine doesn't even get close to qualifying for the world cup? I just checked for 2014 and they didn't even get to the last qualifying round and lost their group to Jordan and Iraq Laughing

And why is a brazilian scrub like Elkeson dominating with 28 goals in 28 games?

Potantial in that market for the future doesn't equal quality today.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:21 pm

Jorean and Iraq lmao

Case closed. They clearly have a shit current generation of players.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:30 pm

Elkeson ffs, he's my personal childhood hero rincon u pos hmm
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:32 pm

If Tom is laughing at Iraq, a team I know he's supported for years, I'm willing to accept that anything east from them are no good, even though he made no such argument.

This is the level of expertise that GL delivers that makes me log on even today.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:35 pm

More of a Jordan fan myself
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:42 pm

That Redknapp Katie Price connection, I know... been at awe of it myself. PM me if she's got a mother sister.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:44 pm

Don't worry i'll slide in to ur DM when I find out (no homo)
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:47 pm

breva wrote:It looks like Inter for sure and Milan probably will be under Chinese control.
Dat feel when Asian people are now Chinese people.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:48 pm

rincon wrote:"Comparing a Napoli,Dortmund, or Lyon to current Chinese sides is not comparable"

Exactly, you are saying it yourself now, its nowhere near comparable.

You can blame geography or money or language or whatever, sure, its all true. In the end the result is that the quality is so, so different.

Are you chinese? thats the only I can see anyone arguing that the quality of the chinese league is the same as 3 of Europe's top leagues.

You say that in the coming years you expect them to be comparable? Maybe, who knows about the future, but today it is not.

Where are these plenty of Chinese players that are good enough to play in all these European teams if chine doesn't even get close to qualifying for the world cup? I just checked for 2014 and they didn't even get to the last qualifying round and lost their group to Jordan and Iraq Laughing

And why is a brazilian scrub like Elkeson dominating with 28 goals in 28 games?

Potantial in that market for the future doesn't equal quality today.

Its not comparable in the same way MMA can't be compared with Boxing. The different rules makes it pretty much a different sport. You get rid of the foreign player rule, or apply it to the clubs you mentioned, and the quality becomes more or less equal.

Using the world cup as a barometer is completely unfair. Nobody questions Ibrahimovic's quality and Sweden didnt make it either. The fact was China was given the group of death, and a very uncharacteristic defeat at home sealed their fate. The fact of the matter is every Asian team would have struggled having to go into Iraq or Jordan. These are two solid teams at home in very hot climates that absolutely drain away teams. China has a favorable group this time, and I expect them to ease into qualification for 2018.

The player with 28 goals in 28 games must be getting a lot of great service from his Chinese teammates. Proves my point of the Chinese quality really. hmm

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:54 pm

I guess Toronto FC are miles ahead of Juventus going by that reasoning considering Giovinco has effectively doubled his goal output in less than half the games so in fact whoever is assisting that lad is effectively 4x better than prime Pirlo.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:57 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:The fact of the matter is every Asian team would have struggled to go into Jordan.

So you admit the stereotype is true?

Am I taking this Jordan joke too far? hmm
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:57 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:The fact of the matter is every Asian team would have struggled to go into Jordan.

rofl
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:59 pm

Laughing Come on man.

If and if and if.

Thats all you are arguing. Everyone can do that. If Serie A had more money than the EPL they would be richer. If Sweden had a better team they would have qualified. If Asia had 10 spots in world cup China would have made it. No points in that.

No one doubt Ibra's quality but everyone doubts the quality of his teammates and no one here is hyping the Swedish league over the big leagues.

If the group of death is Jordan, Iraq and China then why did none of those teams actually qualified for the world cup??

The player with 28 goals in 28 games must be getting a lot of great service from his Chinese teammates. Proves my point of the Chinese quality really.

No, it proves that Elkeson is able to score 28 in 28 against chinese players. Which tells how bad the teams are. Messi and Neymar, getting service from some of the best players in the world, didn't score 1 in 1, but Elkeson did Laughing

Thats how different the competition is over there.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:00 pm

Art Morte wrote:

I don't get it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:01 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:
Art Morte wrote:

I don't get it.

And neither did she.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:04 pm

Group of death man , that's more like the group of life.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next