CBarca
Mr_Puyol
Lord Awesome
BarrileteCosmico
20 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Who will go through? (Pick 2)

Copa America 2016 USA - Group A - Page 2 Vote_lcap25%Copa America 2016 USA - Group A - Page 2 Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 9 ]
Copa America 2016 USA - Group A - Page 2 Vote_lcap42%Copa America 2016 USA - Group A - Page 2 Vote_rcap 42% 
[ 15 ]
Copa America 2016 USA - Group A - Page 2 Vote_lcap22%Copa America 2016 USA - Group A - Page 2 Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 8 ]
Copa America 2016 USA - Group A - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%Copa America 2016 USA - Group A - Page 2 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 36

Copa America 2016 USA - Group A - Page 2 Empty Re: Copa America 2016 USA - Group A

Post by Lord Awesome Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:45 am

Too true. It's not over yet but I don't see USMNT strolling over Costa Rica now. I'm thinking if things go the way they have been going then we may as well kiss this Copa goodbye at the group stage.

Do something Klinsmann. Last chance, bro.

Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Copa America 2016 USA - Group A - Page 2 Empty Re: Copa America 2016 USA - Group A

Post by windkick Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:32 am

CBarca wrote:It's both. That was a terrible performance.

Klinsmann needs to go, we can perform better than this. The players take responsibility too. Should have stopped watching at half

What's funny is the friendly wins over Germany/Netherlands bought Klansmen more time. People cap on Mexico because we let our Managers go the second shit hits the fan, but at least we don't keep someone like Klansmen around 2 cycles when he's obviously not the solution.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:33 am

Why is Jones still getting games with us?

At least Bradley could do something in a more proactive role...he has the ability. Jones lacks the ability these days and also the athleticism he once had
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:47 pm

Copa America 2016 USA - Group A - Page 2 ChZrZoFUoAALLyZ
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:58 pm

It will be a shame if the host doesn't make it through, its always good for the fans to have them there.

They have all to play for with Costa Rica and Paraguay but it doesn't look likely that the US will make it.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:04 pm

Costa Rica aren't suddenly  some powerhouse in the region just because they had  a surprising  good run in the last world cup . The US beats them very often  .

Paraguay aren't particularly good either .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:11 pm

Praguay aren't good but they are a pain in the ass to beat every time. Everyone struggles to beat them in south america. They already tied Argentina and Brazil in the qualifiers for the WC.

I remember when they got 2nd place in the Copa 2011 without winning a single game in the tournament. I can definitely see them getting 3-4 points.

Its gonna be tight, I think whoever gets points from Colombia will go with them to next round.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:25 pm

We struggled mightily against a decent Ecuador side in the build up to this tourney so if that's any indication, I expect similar performances against Paraguay and Costa Rica, but with narrow wins.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:32 pm

How Paraguay is getting underrated is beyond me. They aren't the best but they have been pulling very consistent results since their horror show in the 2014 qualifiers and are in decent position in the current qualifiers.

Would not be suprised at all if they beat or draw the US.
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:42 pm

McLewis wrote:We struggled mightily against a decent Ecuador side in the build up to this tourney so if that's any indication, I expect similar performances against Paraguay and Costa Rica, but with narrow wins.

Friendlies don't mean crap. Teams play open and attack in friendlies and don't fight to defend clean sheets. Look at how USA plays in friendlies and been struggling in WC qualifiers
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:45 pm

Perucho21 wrote:How Paraguay is getting underrated is beyond me.  They aren't the best but they have been pulling very consistent results since their horror show in the 2014 qualifiers and are in decent position in the current qualifiers.

Paraguay has my vote to progress with the coffee team

Spoiler:
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:46 pm

I really don't think there's any shame in losing to Columbia. They're currently ranked third in the world by FIFA for goodness sake (albeit by a dubious ranking system, I grant you). If James Rodriguez plays (haven't seen any news on his shoulder yet), they will beat far better teams than the US.

What's disappointing is not the result, but the manner in which it was conceded. The team appeared to be playing for the draw from the off, and several key players had absolute stinkers on the night. We never looked like doing anything, much less clawing our way back from two goals down. The interesting thing is, for as poorly as the US played, the strategy nearly worked. An amazing finish by a CB and a penalty (one that would not have been given if this had been a European final) proved to be the undoing of the US side. Those two incidents go differently, and we're lauding Klinsmann and this squad for taking a point off one of the better teams in this tournament.

As for the US's chances for progression, there's certainly still hope. Costa Rica are no slouches, but the US is perfectly capable of taking that game. Paraguay should be a game the US wins. If they can win 2 of 3 in the group stage, we should see the US progress.

Of course, the side will need to perform better, but last nights match could prove to be a bit of a wake-up call for both players and manager. Perhaps we see a few new faces step into the lineup. I'd personally like to see a Nagbe/Bedoya in front of Bradley in midfield, and Klinsmann show a willingness to pull Dempsey when he's offering nothing to the squad.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:39 pm

By far the most competitive group. I could see any team progressing. Would be a shame if the US doesn't, but at the same time if they can't do it with host advantage they don't deserve to go through...
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:43 pm

The match times are killing me. Couldn't watch the opening cause it was way too late. And now Brazil-Ecuador is just as late again.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:45 pm

Perucho21 wrote:How Paraguay is getting underrated is beyond me.  They aren't the best but they have been pulling very consistent results since their horror show in the 2014 qualifiers and are in decent position in the current qualifiers.

Neither would I, very even keeled match I think. We have just as much of a chance of either result as they do.

windkick wrote:
McLewis wrote:We struggled mightily against a decent Ecuador side in the build up to this tourney so if that's any indication, I expect similar performances against Paraguay and Costa Rica, but with narrow wins.

Friendlies don't mean crap. Teams play open and attack in friendlies and don't fight to defend clean sheets. Look at how USA plays in friendlies and been struggling in WC qualifiers

The result doesn't matter of course, but the football being played does. Especially when it comes to a team as inconsistent as we are. Players are naturally competitive so you can't tell them these types of matches don't mean anything. There's always something to gain from them and what I gained is that we will not beat the elite sides and we'll struggle against the decent ones with the result being pretty narrow. Unwise to dismiss friendlies out of hand based on simply the result.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:38 pm

rincon wrote:The match times are killing me. Couldn't watch the opening cause it was way too late. And now Brazil-Ecuador is just as late again.

Now you know how us Americans feel when Champions league matches start during the middle of the work day Laughing Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:06 pm

Who here seriously picked the U.S. in the poll? One of the weakest national teams in north america and ye pick the weakest to make it to the next round???

Even paraguay has better chance to qualify than the United States of America.  Top kek!
One can dream I guess.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:17 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:
rincon wrote:The match times are killing me. Couldn't watch the opening cause it was way too late. And now Brazil-Ecuador is just as late again.

Now you know how us Americans feel when Champions league matches start during the middle of the work day Laughing Laughing Laughing

I take middle of the day over 3am any day. I lived most of life in south and north america. Getting CL at night is awesome but watching a game that starts at 3:30am just ruins your day.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:46 pm

36 minutes in of Costa Rica-Paraguay and I don't see how the US will be able to break through Paraguay. Paraguay looking like the better side in this game.

Also James is still a doubt because of his shoulder, that could change the whole group.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:17 pm

Not sure how the US haven't fired Klinsi yet.

What on earth are you thinking?

You're terrible at football as it is. You have very little talent and next to no top players. You'd at least need a coach who adds a net positive instead of an absolute clown who has been proven to be a fraud.

I mean this is not guess work. He IS a fraud and a clown, it's established.

Last edited by Hapless_Hans on Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:18 pm

Klinsmann guarantees they continue to poach players from Germany though
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:19 pm

What like Julian Green? Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:51 pm

Bradley walking around yesterday like he was Pirlo in retirement without all the skill and composure though.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:05 am

windkick wrote:

Spoiler:

What was I thinking.

Why go on with watching miserable US when we can have Larissa Riquelme's footballs bouncing around instead.

I have seen the light.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:58 am

We're not the best nation but calling the US terrible at football is surely a bit too far, no? We've made it out of the group stages in three of the last four world cups. In two of those, we went to extra time in the round of 16, and in one of them we advanced to the next round.

Come on Hans, you're better than that.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:18 pm

US-Costa Rica coming up. I have lost all faith on the islanders without Keylor, I think the US should steamroll them.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next