Nerman not giving a bleep about this copa says it all about this cup

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: Nerman not giving a bleep about this copa says it all about this cup

Post by Unique on Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:27 pm

do they just play the copa America when ever they feel like it.

Unique
BOSS MAN

Posts : 12603
Join date : 2015-01-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Nerman not giving a bleep about this copa says it all about this cup

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:03 pm

The Copa America is every 4 years. This one is a special edition in commemoration of the 100 years since the first one, hence 'Centennial'.

_________________
avatar
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : River Plate
Posts : 23133
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Nerman not giving a bleep about this copa says it all about this cup

Post by Unique on Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:23 pm

1916 ·
1917 ·
1919 ·
1920 ·
1921 ·
1922 ·
1923 ·
1924 ·
1925 ·
1926 ·
1927 ·
1929 ·
1935 ·
1937 ·
1939 ·
1941 ·
1942 ·
1945 ·
1946 ·
1947 ·
1949 ·
1953 ·
1955 ·
1956 ·
1957 ·
1959 ·
1959 ·
1963 ·
1967 ·
1975 ·
1979 ·
1983 ·
1987 ·
1989 ·
1991 ·
1993 ·
1995 ·
1997 ·
1999 ·
2001 ·
2004 ·
2007 ·
2011 ·
2015 ·
2016 ·
2019 ·
2023
that's when wiki says they were played.

_________________
avatar
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 12603
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

Re: Nerman not giving a bleep about this copa says it all about this cup

Post by Betty La Fea on Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:41 pm

@windkick wrote:
@Betty La Fea wrote:Blame Oscar.

If he didnt miss a wide open header in London Brazil would have a gold medal and Neymar would be at this copa america.


Oribe knocked in 2, and Mexico were the rightful winners regardless of if Oscar missed or made anything. Give credit were it's due.


No doubt, but Oscar scoring would have put them under a pressure they never experienced. That was a changing point.

Oscar really let you guys off the hook there.

_________________
Smile
avatar
Betty La Fea
First Team
First Team

Posts : 3504
Join date : 2012-10-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Nerman not giving a bleep about this copa says it all about this cup

Post by S on Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:48 pm

The Copa is a joke not because of the actual competition but the way its being marketed.Euro is succeeding hugely in this aspect.There's massive hype around Euro right now and everyday im getting to watch the profile of each European country/star on my TV.As a product imo its being marketed fantastically.

Copa organizers on the other hand are not reaching out internationally enough as their European compatriots despite having two of the biggest footballing nations.I really donr think its a matter of no.of participants at all but if you market it like a b-grade competition,viewers will treat it the same way.


avatar
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 26058
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: Nerman not giving a bleep about this copa says it all about this cup

Post by Rebaño Sagrado on Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:57 pm

They are marketing fine in the US, and the rest of America, and that's who they are targeting. The games are on at like 3am gmt. You think they care about you? It's a rushed and forced tournament that's clearly a cash grab, but it means more football, so I don't care.
avatar
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich
Posts : 5928
Join date : 2011-07-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Nerman not giving a bleep about this copa says it all about this cup

Post by Betty La Fea on Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:24 pm

@S wrote:The Copa is a joke not because of the actual competition but the way its being marketed.Euro is succeeding hugely in this aspect.There's massive hype around Euro right now and everyday im getting to watch the profile of each European country/star on my TV.As a product imo its being marketed fantastically.

Copa organizers on the other hand are not reaching out internationally enough as their European compatriots despite having two of the biggest footballing nations.I really donr think its a matter of no.of participants at all but if you market it like a b-grade competition,viewers will treat it the same way.




Its everywhere on TV here.


_________________
Smile
avatar
Betty La Fea
First Team
First Team

Posts : 3504
Join date : 2012-10-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Nerman not giving a bleep about this copa says it all about this cup

Post by rincon on Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:30 pm

Yeah in south america its everywhere as well. When it was in venezuela back in 07 everyone was crazy about it.
avatar
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 11120
Join date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Nerman not giving a bleep about this copa says it all about this cup

Post by Betty La Fea on Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:32 pm

@rincon wrote:Yeah in south america its everywhere as well. When it was in venezuela back in 07 everyone was crazy about it.


Hard to believe just 9 years ago Venezuela was in a position to host a national tournament.

Damn you Maduro!

_________________
Smile
avatar
Betty La Fea
First Team
First Team

Posts : 3504
Join date : 2012-10-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Nerman not giving a bleep about this copa says it all about this cup

Post by rincon on Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:52 pm

Damn Chavez. Maduro is just more of the same. Even back then we were barely able to tbh. Kinda controversial although the people ended up loving it.
avatar
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 11120
Join date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Nerman not giving a bleep about this copa says it all about this cup

Post by CBarca on Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:59 pm

Unique actually asks a good question

I do not understand the rules for how often Copa America is, and those dates listed do me no good into figuring it out

_________________
Beer and guns
avatar
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 16645
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: Nerman not giving a bleep about this copa says it all about this cup

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:29 pm

Since 2007 it is every 4 years. Before that every 3. Before that every 2. Before that every 4. Before that every 2. Before that every year.

Suffice to say we South Americans are not exactly known for our organizational skills.


Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
avatar
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : River Plate
Posts : 23133
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Nerman not giving a bleep about this copa says it all about this cup

Post by Perucho21 on Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:58 pm

Copa America wasn't organize until.post 2007, back then it was every 3 years or so. CONMEBOL changed it to 4 when the copa was going to conflict with the world cup if they kept the 3 years.

I'm glad they made it 4 years to add more prestige. And besides everyone knows this Copa was rushed and made for monetary reasons, and for the US to show they can host a high level event for their World Cup bids. Why would marketers care about Europe? All of the Americas are excited for this cup, especially those living in the states.

Anyways, crap thread and im not suprised Adit made it. Usually known for ridiculous comments and claims

_________________
avatar
Perucho21
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 909
Join date : 2015-03-23
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: Nerman not giving a bleep about this copa says it all about this cup

Post by Unique on Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:04 pm

I think we should scrap all other cups and just play a world cup every 2 years. cheers

_________________
avatar
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 12603
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

Re: Nerman not giving a bleep about this copa says it all about this cup

Post by titosantill on Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:07 pm

this is more like a marketing scheme, the real copa was last year; i'm surprised some first teamers are participating in this to be honest, i'd have just ignored it.
avatar
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Posts : 3478
Join date : 2013-09-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Nerman not giving a bleep about this copa says it all about this cup

Post by Perucho21 on Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:09 pm

@titosantill wrote:this is more like a marketing scheme, the real copa was last year; i'm surprised some first teamers are participating in this to be honest, i'd have just ignored it.


Im pissed that they are making this cup official, meaning the winner will go down in history as an actual winner of the copa america. I'm sorry but I'll still consider Chile the real champion until 2019.

_________________
avatar
Perucho21
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 909
Join date : 2015-03-23
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: Nerman not giving a bleep about this copa says it all about this cup

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:16 pm

Why? Everyone brought their A team, with the exception of Brazil who only left out 3 key players and are not the powerhouse they used to be.

As far as I'm concerned I would not mind the CA being for both CONMEBOL and COCACAF in every instance now.

The lack of marketing was because up til 4 months from now no one even knew if this was going to happen or not, because FIFA and the FBI are investigating all the organizers for corruption.

_________________
avatar
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : River Plate
Posts : 23133
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Nerman not giving a bleep about this copa says it all about this cup

Post by CBarca on Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:29 pm

It's being advertised pretty well here, but it's on fox sports and no casuals in America have heard ot followed CA before now, so it's not as good as it could be.

Not to mention the Euros will distract. I imagine any deficit in marketing in Europe was mostly because higher ups knew that Europeans were going to watch the Euros anyway.

_________________
Beer and guns
avatar
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 16645
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: Nerman not giving a bleep about this copa says it all about this cup

Post by Hapless_Hans on Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:45 pm

Adit has outdone himself with this one.

_________________
avatar
Hapless_Hans
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern
Posts : 23922
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Nerman not giving a bleep about this copa says it all about this cup

Post by Turok_TTZ on Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:28 am

@BORUSSIA!! wrote:
@Turok_TTZ wrote:I see you're just as detached from reality as adit is.
It is because of the difficulty to succeed on the international stage is what gives it it's merit. It's why mehssi should never be compared to maradona, especially when you consider his poor performances in both world cup and copa america. In regards to Klose, everyone who has a brain knows that was just a stat padding achievement. And besides, a world cup > top gs any day anyways.

You're just saying that because you're either A: too young, B: too ignorant, C: not been a football fan long enough to know what it means to win an title for your nation as it means a lot for most players. Which is basically A and B. Or D: You're so butthurt that you dismiss a competition(s) because your favorite player will never win an international title of relevance. or E: all the above.

I think "E" fits you best. It's okay. It's a very tough task to be in same tier as Zidane and Ronaldinho. Winning the highest level of club and international titles is no easy task. But thats what it takes plus key performances to make proper all time greats.

Ask mehssi or CR7 if he wants a CL over a world cup. Or a Copa America/Euro even. Answer should be very obvious. You will learn with time eventually. International competitions still relevant and strong as ever. Its only the olympics that don't matter. Well the gold medals do matter but the world cup defeats its purpose...


how would a mexican know the feeling and value of winning a  world cup?

no one thinks zidane and ronaldinho are the greatest just because theyve won both CL and WC. no one thinks theyre the greatest in general. just like no one thinks torres is the greatest striker because he's won both.

I was about to stop reading on the first line then my eyes caught what followed.

You seriously dismissing the achievements of Zidane and Ronaldinho? two of Football's most celebrated legends of the game? Absolutely disgusting.

At first it was amusing to see your lack of knowledge of the game in full display. Now I am not sure whether I should pity you or just laugh for the ignorance displayed. The first line already shows you conceded that you're full of it. the rest is just filler nonsense. you actually bothered the time to make such a ridiculous post. I have no doubt you are convinced of this. Many incompetents are convinced of their own reality.

Stay happy in your delusions. Can't imagine how you handle yourself once stepping outside your bubble.
avatar
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 2186
Join date : 2011-06-05

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Nerman not giving a bleep about this copa says it all about this cup

Post by windkick on Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:26 am

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:Why? Everyone brought their A team, with the exception of Brazil who only left out 3 key players and are not the powerhouse they used to be.

As far as I'm concerned I would not mind the CA being for both CONMEBOL and COCACAF in every instance now.

The lack of marketing was because up til 4 months from now no one even knew if this was going to happen or not, because FIFA and the FBI are investigating all the organizers for corruption.


Exactly. Plus anybody who has been watching these matches will know, that these players and coaches really want to win these games very much. They have all been high intensity.

_________________
Luis Suárez : "Nutmegs were my only option."
avatar
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 5957
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Re: Nerman not giving a bleep about this copa says it all about this cup

Post by BORUSSIA!! on Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:05 am

@Turok_TTZ wrote:
@BORUSSIA!! wrote:
@Turok_TTZ wrote:I see you're just as detached from reality as adit is.
It is because of the difficulty to succeed on the international stage is what gives it it's merit. It's why mehssi should never be compared to maradona, especially when you consider his poor performances in both world cup and copa america. In regards to Klose, everyone who has a brain knows that was just a stat padding achievement. And besides, a world cup > top gs any day anyways.

You're just saying that because you're either A: too young, B: too ignorant, C: not been a football fan long enough to know what it means to win an title for your nation as it means a lot for most players. Which is basically A and B. Or D: You're so butthurt that you dismiss a competition(s) because your favorite player will never win an international title of relevance. or E: all the above.

I think "E" fits you best. It's okay. It's a very tough task to be in same tier as Zidane and Ronaldinho. Winning the highest level of club and international titles is no easy task. But thats what it takes plus key performances to make proper all time greats.

Ask mehssi or CR7 if he wants a CL over a world cup. Or a Copa America/Euro even. Answer should be very obvious. You will learn with time eventually. International competitions still relevant and strong as ever. Its only the olympics that don't matter. Well the gold medals do matter but the world cup defeats its purpose...


how would a mexican know the feeling and value of winning a  world cup?

no one thinks zidane and ronaldinho are the greatest just because theyve won both CL and WC. no one thinks theyre the greatest in general. just like no one thinks torres is the greatest striker because he's won both.

I was about to stop reading on the first line then my eyes caught what followed.

You seriously dismissing the achievements of Zidane and Ronaldinho? two of Football's most celebrated legends of the game? Absolutely disgusting.

At first it was amusing to see your lack of knowledge of the game in full display. Now I am not sure whether I should pity you or just laugh for the ignorance displayed. The first line already shows you conceded that you're full of it. the rest is just filler nonsense. you actually bothered the time to make such a ridiculous post. I have no doubt you are convinced of this. Many incompetents are convinced of their own reality.

Stay happy in your delusions. Can't imagine how you handle yourself once stepping outside your bubble.


I said no one thinks zidane and ronaldinho are the greatest because of the fact they've won BOTH CL AND WC. They're rated highly because of their ability as a footballer, what they do on the pitch. That's what really matters. Regardless of whether or not they won both CL and WC, they would still be great.

Just like people people like messi, cr7, cryuff, di stefano, george best, baggio, ronaldo lima among the greatest tier (none of which have won both the WC and CL). They're based more on their ability, trophies are just a factor which can make them look greater. But trophies aren't the be all. They are TEAM trophies after all, not individual achievements.

So best stop wikipeding which player has won all of CL and WC and Copa / Euro or whatever in their career and calling them the greatest on fact alone. Unless you're going to rate Pedro as an all time greater, stop with your silly logic and watch some games and judge players on their individual ability.

BORUSSIA!!
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Posts : 260
Join date : 2013-04-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Nerman not giving a bleep about this copa says it all about this cup

Post by Bankz on Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:55 pm

Would you really blame adit, I mean the media basically going ballistic over Neymar. lol

The guys basically hanging out with the cream de la cream of the US, all the way from Michael Jordan to Jamie Fox to Van Diesel to Lebron James to Stephen Cury to Selena Gomez to Hamilton to Justin Bieber right up from Beverly hills to California to Los Angelis right up till the NBA finals to the Rose Bowl to the Oracle Arena all in one summer get away. LMAO

The guy's got no chill.. Makes you wonder if he even gives 2 fucxks about the CA tbh..

He even rented an amazing Bev Hills mansion with the help of Airbnb 22,000 square feet big enough for the 11 bros he brought along for the 1-week getaway.

LOOOOL. So much for the CA..
avatar
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 2799
Join date : 2014-06-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Nerman not giving a bleep about this copa says it all about this cup

Post by Kebab on Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:46 pm

@Bankz wrote:Would you really blame adit, I mean the media basically going ballistic over Neymar. lol

The guys basically hanging out with the cream de la cream of the US, all the way from Michael Jordan to Jamie Fox to Van Diesel to Lebron James to Stephen Cury to Selena Gomez to Hamilton to Justin Bieber right up from Beverly hills to California to Los Angelis right up till the NBA finals to the Rose Bowl to the Oracle Arena all in one summer get away. LMAO

The guy's got no chill.. Makes you wonder if he even gives 2 fucxks about the CA tbh..

He even rented an amazing Bev Hills mansion with the help of Airbnb 22,000 square feet big enough for the 11 bros he brought along for the 1-week getaway.
LOOOOL. So much for the CA..
Brazilians in general are party people. But Neymar overdoes it. He should have been bored of fame and money until now but still acts like a lottery winner. With this attitude he will not last more than 2 seasons
avatar
Kebab
Starlet
Starlet

Posts : 602
Join date : 2016-02-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Nerman not giving a bleep about this copa says it all about this cup

Post by Adit on Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:18 am

Brazil first eleven to play

Alisson; Daniel Alves, Gil, Miranda e Filipe Luis; Elias e Renato Augusto; Willian, Lucas Lima e Philippe Coutinho; Gabigol


Somebody please convince me this is a serious tournament Laughing

_________________
#WEAREALLTAXFRAUDS
avatar
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach
Posts : 9202
Join date : 2011-06-06

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Nerman not giving a bleep about this copa says it all about this cup

Post by farfan on Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:26 am

A tournament's seriousness doesn't rest on Brazil being shit or not . Laughing

That 11 is only slightly worse than their best . hmm
avatar
farfan
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City
Posts : 4434
Join date : 2013-05-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Nerman not giving a bleep about this copa says it all about this cup

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum