RB Leipzig

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

RB Leipzig

Post by S on Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:40 pm

I know they're owned by Red Bull and all and just got promoted to 1.Bundesliga but any other insights about this club from Germans here ? I just read they're close to buying Embolo for big money so what exactly are the ambitions of this nouveau riche club from Germany? Could their owners propel the club into something big or they're just heading the Hoffenheim/Wolfsburg way?

I've also been reading that they're very hated in Germany right now but is the reason solely down to them being bought out by rich owners?

Please post your thoughts.
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Re: RB Leipzig

Post by Hapless_Hans on Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:49 pm

The ambitions of this corporate club are to become no. 1 in Germany, nothing more and nothing less.

They are steered by DoF Ralf Rangnick who already back then oversaw the Hoffenheim walkthrough from Regionalliga (then 3rd division) to Bundesliga within 2 seasons, with the heavy investments of Billionaire Hopp.

RB Leipzig now have risen from 5th to 1st division within 7 years (they were founded in 2009). Rangnick came 2012 and they have risen from 4th to Bundesliga since then.

They are called RasenBallsport Leipzig (literally lawn ball sport) because the initials spell Red Bull but it's not allowed to call a club after a brand name. It's a *bleep* joke.

Tuchel was about to become RB Leipzig coach before the BVB job got available, they're now buying a striker that Wolfsburg can't afford, etc.

They are ambitious, and it will be a pleasure to see them go down again just like Hoffenheim has now Proud

Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan on Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:54 pm

Finally an east german team worth a damn ? hmm
farfan
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power on Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:35 pm

Well, my cousin lives in Leipzig and he told me that many people don't give a damn that it is a plastic club, they are just happy that they have a team in the Bundesliga now.

RoteBrause Leipzig sign no new players over 23, and they set up a very advanced academy. If it weren't for the unspeakable red brew and the way they bend the Bundesliga rules at their will, their project wouldn't be that bad, but they weasle around the 50+1 rule and manage to bend FFP at will and thus are generally disliked by everybody but RedBull employees and part of the people of Leipzig.

Super Moderator

Club Supported : Philadelphia Union

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 on Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:26 pm

With all the butthurt coming from Bundes fans about this club, they're going to be the German club I follow next season.  

Hopefully they (we can) pull a Monaco and get into the CL right after being promoted to the top flight Molenation

Spoiler:
Already order 4 cases of Redbull on Amazon, been a life long supporter Proud
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli on Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:10 pm

While I generally think that money is ruining football, I don't care all that much where it comes from, so while I'll certainly use the "plastic club" label if I want to piss off Leipzig fans, I honestly don't think they're any worse than any other club.

I actually like that the East has at least one proper club.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots on Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:14 pm

I'm just glad Bundesliga will soon have an ambitious competitor against Bayern. I hope they can fulfil their ambitions.
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by ioilersrock448 on Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:30 pm

@rwo power wrote:Well, my cousin lives in Leipzig and he told me that many people don't give a damn that it is a plastic club, they are just happy that they have a team in the Bundesliga now.

there were a good amount of protests when Red Bull, let's say invested, in the cub if I remember correctly?

Anyways they will be disliked by just about everyone but I could see them making a push for the Bundesliga assuming they spend wisely, or just throw heaps of cash around like I assume they will.
ioilersrock448
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli on Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:34 pm

So far they've been very sensible in their transfers though. They got a decent spine of players that would already ensure something around mid-table in the first flight as is.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by S on Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:35 pm

How are they going to manage their revenues taking FFP into context?

You just cant spend right away like before although there will be a 3 yr observing period provided they get into EU competitions in this time
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power on Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:45 pm

@ioilersrock448 wrote:there were a good amount of protests when Red Bull, let's say invested, in the cub if I remember correctly?
Let's say the supporters of SSV Markranstädt were not fully enamoured with the fact that RoteBrause bought their club's license and turned them into RB Leipzig. And of course the fans of the traditional club Lok Leipzig aka VfB Leipzig are not so keen on RB Leipzig usurping their place either.

Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 on Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:31 pm

Welcome to the club my German friends

I've been bitching about Red Bull's presence in the USA for a decade now. Literally, 10 years.

It was only made worse when the second NY team became a Manchester City corporate ooze club. It's funny but how they've acted has made RBNY seem genuine in comparison.

They did invest money into MLS when others weren't willing to, and build one of the best Soccer Specific stadiums in the country; and I can see similar comparison's with the USA and east germany in regards to being places no one wanted to invest money in footballing infrastructure to make a top club.

People were similarly worried about the Team when they bought the Metrostars in 06, about how the corporate club would just dominate MLS and the league would be just a RB plaything but it didn't happen

But I won't count on them being a team that dominates German football. From my experience, they just aren't a competent ownership group when it comes to football. They don't know what they are doing. They've done OK, but still, with all the money they poured into the team here in the USA, 0 MLS Cup trophies. They've been far away from dominant. And now, although it's likely due to Leipzig, they've pretty much given up investing big money and just spend practically nothing, hoping a bunch of young players can take them on an MLS cup run.

Maybe the same thing will happen here. After a few frustrating years of disappointing results. They'll start an PL project club and move on from Leipzig like they did RBNY.

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power on Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:37 pm

Well, the problem is that with Ralf Rangnick they have a really competent guy at the helm.

Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ioilersrock448 on Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:44 pm

One other problem is it seemed as if they've "moved on" from their project in Salzburg when it went about as far is it possibly good, as they've done pretty well in Austria and made a few EL runs.

the thing is, a team in the Bundesliga can now expect a CL run so I feel that could be their ultimate goal in East Germany.
ioilersrock448
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 on Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:47 pm

@S wrote:How are they going to manage their revenues taking FFP into context?

You just cant spend right away like before although there will be a 3 yr observing period provided they get into EU competitions in this time

This is the biggest problem with them being an ownership.

They purposefully shut off revenue opportunities.

They won't get any money from kit deals, or stadium naming rights, because they are an advertisement for themselves.

RBNY when they were spending money lost the most money of any team by far, because their club structure just is not profitable. Man City, Chelsea, PSG all have massive avenues for revenue that RB purposefully doesn't take advantage of. Those teams can spend huge because their initial investments allowed them to score major sponserships that allow them to spend without taking massive losses. RB is going to have trouble with FPP if they dump alot into the club without changing their business model

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre on Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:07 pm

The multinational company Red Bull reigns on Leizpug football , is this the law of retaliation for Walter Ulbricht ?

At least we ' ll admire something good also in East German.
The last one was Toni Kroos Mathias Sammer.
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S on Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:23 pm

They are interested in Juve's Lemina according to GDM

He could leave if a big offer comes.
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar on Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:12 pm

So this is another club. I thought it's the same club from the former GDR.
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac on Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:51 am

@Hapless_Hans wrote:They are called RasenBallsport Leipzig (literally lawn ball sport) because the initials spell Red Bull but it's not allowed to call a club after a brand name. It's a *bleep* joke.
what about Bayer Leverkusen hmm
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power on Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:19 am

Bayer Leverkusen was founded in 1904 as sports club where the workers of the Bayer company could meet and work out. So it was originally the Bayer employee's club (and it was financially supported by the company Bayer from its very beginning) and never anything else. That is, it always had that name and thus got a special treatment that way for historical reasons.

Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master on Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:00 am

I don't mind. The more competition, the better. Let them ooze their money in, as long as it brings quality to the league.

I honestly don't think the fans would give two rats ass about where the money comes from, or being labeled a "plastic" club, or whatever as long as they play good football and do decently in the table. I mean, in England you have some pretty rabid fans and I don't see any bitching anymore about "plastic" clubs...

You are seeing it pretty much everywhere: France, Italy... it's just the way modern football is handled. It's no longer just a sport but also a business.
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick on Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:47 am

They just signed Naby Keita, looks like a player who will have a breakout season this up coming season, imo.

#Carefree #kaspbffl
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:39 am

'signed' lmao. Rather he was 'assigned' there from Red Bull Salzburg

Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar on Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:05 pm

So are (can) they maintain this momentum? IMO a EL spot would be a great step forward for them.
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 on Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:29 pm

Bump, 2nd in the Bundes and 2 points off the top. Hopefully we can keep up with Bayern and bring a title for der Heldenstadt (Hero City).

Also whats going on the Scottish Bale (Burke) only getting a few minutes at the end of games now?
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum