Turok_TTZ
titosantill
futbol_bill
23 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Next season's midfield - Page 2 Empty Re: Next season's midfield

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:53 am

Just keep that Pogba away from my team next season. Everytime I watch him he is underwhelming. Jeez how overrated can one be

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:10 pm

Marca saying juventus wants 120 million+ Toni Kroos for this scrub.

rofl
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:07 pm

Kroos is a better midfielder IMO. Absolute freak when played with a DM besides him. I'd like to see a Modric-Kante-Kroos mid. Kante and Kroos could sometimes change roles
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:55 pm

Hold on a minute guys, The club is supposedly looking at Kante or Krammer as a DM. Krammer has already signed with a new club and Kante is in talks with someone (I forget who, but it was an EPL team), plus they are in discussions with Juve for Pogba. So in reality, I believe the plan is both Kante and Pogba, if they can be signed.

The problem with Kroos is first off he isn't a DM, and when playing as a CB, he and Modric are too much the same and we don't have any vertical forward movement. We need someone aka Pogba to provide that. So basically it comes down to (if we do sign the two targets) Modric or Kroos. I (and most here) say it's Modric! Pogba coming likely means Kroos or Isco has to go. I think they would like it to be Kroos but only if he accepts a backup role.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:04 pm

Adit wrote:Marca saying juventus wants 120 million+ Toni Kroos for this scrub.

rofl

That's just the starting position. If Kroos was thrown in the deal that will substantially lower what they are asking for plus don't forget that they also want Kovacic, Isco and Morata! Pogba apparently wants to come (or so we have heard) and he apparently has word that Juve will let him go if he says so. This is just Juve trying initially to make it difficult for Perez. Plus keep in mind that the meeting between Juve and Madrid hasn't yet taken place and also that Pogba's agent met yesterday with Madrid. This is going to go on for a while and both clubs will likely use media to faciliate they various positions.

For those of you saying you don't want Pogba, it is pretty obvious now that Zidane and club want him and equally so Pogba's interest in Madrid. But Juve wll try to extract the highest price they can get. This is why initially Flo and Zidane were very careful about their interest.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:14 pm

He's playing out of position for NT keep in mind... For Juve, he's asked to fill the attacking mid role cutting in from the left. At NT, he's asked to play conservatively and on the right since Payet is the AM and Griezmann is also there. Payet coming on recently has shifted his role and he hasn't adjusted yet... he had his best period when Valbuena was out and Martial was starting. He could play more naturally.

Since we would be playing him on his usual left side and ask him to be the attacking support behind bbc... I think it fits him perfectly.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:19 pm

Sports what did you think of the 4-3-1-2 formation someone suggested earlier today?

Navas

Carvajal Varane Ramos Marcelo

Casemiro (or Kante)

Modric Kroos

Pogba

Bale Ronaldo
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:27 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Just keep that Pogba away from my team next season. Everytime I watch him he is underwhelming. Jeez how overrated can one be
Adit wrote:Marca saying juventus wants 120 million+ Toni Kroos for this scrub.

rofl

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I wouldn't go as far as to call him a "scrub" though, but I pray with every fiber of my being, every single day, to never see Pogba wearing the white of Madrid. I mean, good lord! The guy is brutally and criminally overrated!
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:33 pm

Would be very happy to take €120M + Casemiro,thank you :coffee:

That would be an irresistable offer.

Pogba wont force a move so its all good from Juventus' end.Demand the most we can.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:13 pm

futbol_bill wrote:Sports what did you think of the 4-3-1-2 formation someone suggested earlier today?

Navas

Carvajal Varane Ramos Marcelo

Casemiro (or Kante)

Modric Kroos

Pogba

Bale Ronaldo

That... might actually work... if bale and cr7 work the cbs. Which they dont. Cr7 piggybacks benz and though bale can do it. You're asking them to run every game as they must make the width themselves. BBC i admit is rather lazy. The laziness factor kills that plan before it even starts.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:02 am

the formation is fine, the attack is terrible, and you dont play Pogba behind the strikers, never, ever
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:46 am

Bale and CR7 as our two strikers/forwards?
Maybe on Fifa
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:37 pm

Pogba is coming. We just have start accepting reality.
Word has it that its Zidane who wants him on the team. If Zidane could bench the high-profile flair players like isco and james for Casemiro, then we don't expect him to be stupid enough to destabilize the balance.
Let's trust Zizou. Maybe he wants to make a busquet out of Pogba.

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:08 pm

Again, Pogba is an attacking player who can defend... but he is by no means a defensive player. So there is no way he will become or wants to be Busquets. Yaya Toure is a much better comparison. Or if you want to go further back... Michael Ballack.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:17 pm

Let him reach peak Yaya's level first and then make comparasions between him and a GOAT midfielder. He isn't fit to lick Ballack's boots, who is one of the best players I've seen.

As far as I'm concerned Kroos and Modric are both better footballers than Pogba and probably the best midfielders on the planet at the moment.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:22 pm

That's entirely false Valky...  Pogba is miles ahead of Kroos.  Miles.  Come on now.  Modric is better at this point.  BUT, Modric isn't an attacking player, which is what we lack out of the midfield.  The idea is to have a guy who is a threat jumping in to help BBC, a guy who can hold the ball up AND someone who can individually pierce the midfield line via the dribble.  None...  and i mean not a single one of our mids...  can do that.  Isco could but he's not a midfielder.  

What you're looking for is complimentary midfielders.  Casemiro is the DM, Modric is the guy who manages the middle of the park and Pogba is the guy who brings the attacking threat while still doing his job as a CM.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:32 pm

Miles ahead of Kroos? that's a tad ridiculous to say no?

There is no footballing nor performance evidence to that point. Kroos is in his own right a fantastic midfielder. He has strengths are qualities pogba might never have, a level of passing and ability to read and pause the game which is far far far ahead of pogba. Just as Pogba have strengths, mostly physical and technical that Kroos cant reach. At worst we are talking about the same level of players, at best, Kroos has done and achieved more in his individual showing in europe, and international tournaments.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:45 pm

Evidence?  How about Pogba is considered the best midfielder in Serie A the past two seasons for those who actually follow Serie A and the Italian media.  He's a superstar.  Why do you think Juve fans are going mental with the prospect of losing him?

In no universe is Kroos considered a superstar or one of the best at anything in terms of being a midfielder...  never has and never will be.  He's always been considered a good midfielder and nothing more.

People forget what a horror show Kroos was the second half of last season and this season until mid Feb.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:51 pm

Technical ability ? Depends on what you think when you talk about technique. Pogba is a better dribbler than Kroos and flashier, but in my opinion when it comes to pure technique the German is immaculate. His first touch, ball control, the way he hits the ball with both feet are plain and simple world class. And that's not even his greatest strength. Ever since Xavi's decline, Toni's understanding of space and movement is in the best in the world bracket. Pogba edges him in the physical department but Kroos' off the charts football IQ places him abov the Frenchman from my point of view. Hopefully we'll see a matchup between the 2 in the coming weeks
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:56 pm

Better close control, better dribbler, faster, more physical, better defender, better scorer, better final ball, more stamina, better in the air, etc.

The only thing Kroos has on Pogba is long passing.  That's it.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:57 pm

Can't wait to see Pogba tracing Kroos' shadow in the inevitable FRA-GER game Laughing
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:02 pm

Thing is, Pogba is only rated if he is dominant and a superstar on the pitch...  if he's just ok, it's a failure for him.  Kroos, on the other hand, is a complementary player.  He doesn't have those expectations.

I don't think it's a good comparison.  There's a reason Kroos costs 35ish mil while Pogba is going to cost 100+.   Completely different stratosphere of player... not that Kroos is bad mind you. He's a good CM.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Kroos' transfer fee was 25m because he was entering his last year of contract. In normal conditions his value easily exceeds 65m.

And who is going to paying 100+ for Pogba is out of his mind. You pay that kind of money for an out of this world talent like Neymar for instance.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:08 pm

sportsczy wrote:Better close control, better dribbler, faster, more physical, better defender, better scorer, better final ball, more stamina, better in the air, etc.

The only thing Kroos has on Pogba is long passing.  That's it.

I guess that makes Pogba better than Busquets too
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:11 pm

Busquets is a better defender, better passer short and long and just as good technically... and very consistent which is a knock on Pogba. Again, no idea what you're going on about. One is a DM while the other is a attacking B2B Laughing

Let's compare Busquets with Iniesta while we're at it Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaveli Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:12 pm

If Pogba can act like an engine for the team, a hard worker in both attack and defense, I have no problem for him coming here. If he can't Id rather have a hard working box to box MF like Matuidi.
Makaveli
Makaveli
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next