M99
Firenze
dostoevsky
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Kaladin
15 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of Fresh Air - Page 8 Empty Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of Fresh Air

Post by Bellabong Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:56 pm

I'm understanding the weapon durability complaints. Needed at least 3 times longer durability for it to not be so overpowerering.

Game is great so far though. Does have some feeling from the original Zelda

Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of Fresh Air - Page 8 Empty Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of Fresh Air

Post by Bellabong Wed May 24, 2017 3:08 am

About to start my 2nd great beast, have done a lot of shrines though. Love the game so far, got over the durability. They're not kidding when it does feel like the orignal Zelda, you're given a main quest and you're supposed to figure out most of the world for yourself. Oh and this world is deadly.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of Fresh Air - Page 8 DY6AgxP
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:59 pm

Master Mode is beyond some Dark Souls shit

Need some Crysis level of planning just to kill a group of bokoblins

Trial of the Sword is brilliant so far.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:12 am

The best game I've played in years. It's the best of open world, storytelling, combat, puzzles, NPC AI, RPG, art style and music. All in this masterpiece.

A breath of fresh air from Ubisoft's mundane trash I've been playing recently.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:01 am

What storytelling lol, it's non-existent as is the RPG systems as well but that's fine because it's not really an RPG so I won't really criticise it for that.

I honestly wish I could see what most people could see in this game, not even in my top 3 Zelda games matter about anything else.

I wanted love it so much, I spent about 60 hours trying to push myself to play it but in the end I had to just accept this reality.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:14 am

Yet you played AC Origins and you liked it more? Something is rotten in the state of Denmark scratch
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:42 am

danyjr wrote:Yet you played AC Origins and you liked it more? Something is rotten in the state of Denmark scratch
That’s the English flag. The flag of Denmark can look similar, but the colors are switched Very Happy
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:44 am

danyjr wrote:Yet you played AC Origins and you liked it more? Something is rotten in the state of Denmark scratch

What's wrong with that?

Also I'm English hmm also Origins has a much better narrative lol, it's not even close.

Not that it's hard considering Breath of the Wild's is non existent.

I could explain why I feel the way I do about Zelda but I've done it a million times over so it's best just to leave this here...

http://www.thejimquisition.com/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-review/

I don't agree with the score but the content of the review absolutely aligns with how I feel.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:56 am

I have so much real estate in other people’s head tbh
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:26 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:What storytelling lol, it's non-existent as is the RPG systems as well but that's fine because it's not really an RPG so I won't really criticise it for that.

I honestly wish I could see what most people could see in this game, not even in my top 3 Zelda games matter about anything else.

I wanted love it so much, I spent about 60 hours trying to push myself to play it but in the end I had to just accept this reality.

What are your top 3 Zeldas?
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:32 am

Have you gotten around to playing Ni No Kuni 2 yet, Spencer? I'm curious about your verdict. I feel that they've improved on most things, gameplay-wise, and I think the game is fun and addicting with it's abundance of features and improved combat, but I don't care much for any of the characters, and although I'm 50 hours into the game at this point, I get the impression that the quality of the story took a backseat in favor of all these new features. Also, there are 100+ side quests, and I suppose I shouldn't complain since I've completed most of them, but the majority of them are fetch quests Neutral
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:09 am

Lord Spencer wrote:

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:What storytelling lol, it's non-existent as is the RPG systems as well but that's fine because it's not really an RPG so I won't really criticise it for that.

This is kind of a tough question because realistically it's Twilight Princess, Majora's Mask and Wind Waker.

But i do readily accept that Twilight Princess is basically a Ocarina of Time reskin in a lot of ways and basically like saying i prefer a later game in a franchise because it improved things that the original may not have done because it came years after the fact.

I'm definitely okay with swapping the two out based on this reality

I loved Majora's Mask and Wind Waker because they changed the formula without ripping out the heart of what makes a Zelda game unlike Breath of the Wild even if i admit the thing i love about Zelda games the most is the dungeons and tbh both of these games are not as good as other Zelda's.

Although i should mention i played the HD remake of Wind Waker so i didn't have the problem the original Wind Waker did in terms of end of game fetch quests, if you played the game you know what i mean.

I also should mention i've only played 3D console Zelda's so my opinions are somewhat incomplete.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:00 am

So I presume you don't like that weapons break in this game. So do I. But aren't you the person who said weapons getting damaged in Witcher 3 wasn't a big deal?

I personally find durability in games lame. They add no depth to gameplay and are cumbersome to deal with. I can understand in online games like MMORPGs durability is there to balance the economy by spending gold for repair, but in single player games I don't understand it.

However to defend Zelda on this occasion, I can argue that survival game fans whom their numbers are on the rise would welcome the existence of weapon in this game. For me, it is probably one of the few annoying issues with Zelda, but not enough to overshadow the enjoyments I'm getting with it.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:03 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Also I'm English hmm

Thimmy wrote:That’s the English flag. The flag of Denmark can look similar, but the colors are switched Very Happy

As an Englishman, you should know this Very Happy
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:11 am

It's not a big deal because in Witcher 3 you can repair them very easily and besides they last an extremely long time compared to Zelda.

The two systems are not comparable in the slightest, i cannot for the life of me see a positive to them in Zelda.

Besides and i've said this before but the weapons breaking is not even close to my main issues with the game.

It's just another obstacle i had to overcome in enjoying the game, i constantly felt i was fighting the game itself to sludge through it.

It's a shame because it does some things exceedingly well, specifically i loved the path to the Zora Kingdom but far too often i felt like i was fighting against the game rather than just enjoying it.

With that said i perfectly understand why people enjoy it i just wish i could feel the same way, only thing i disagree with is the story part because it quite frankly it barely exists but that's fine.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:33 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:It's not a big deal because in Witcher 3 you can repair them very easily and besides they last an extremely long time compared to Zelda.

The two systems are not comparable in the slightest, i cannot for the life of me see a positive to them in Zelda.

Besides and i've said this before but the weapons breaking is not even close to my main issues with the game.

It's just another obstacle i had to overcome in enjoying the game, i constantly felt i was fighting the game itself to sludge through it.

It's a shame because it does some things exceedingly well, specifically i loved the path to the Zora Kingdom but far too often i felt like i was fighting against the game rather than just enjoying it.

With that said i perfectly understand why people enjoy it i just wish i could feel the same way, only thing i disagree with is the story part because it quite frankly it barely exists but that's fine.

True, you can repair weapons in the Witcher. That has been equalled by loads of weapons being dropped in Zelda. Loads of usable ones mind, not those trashy junk that is dropped in Witcher 3 Very Happy

Judging by what you wrote I think maybe this game just isn't for you especially when you say you had to "fight the game itself" to progress. That's exactly the opposite of how I, and I'm sure millions of others feel. It actually brings up the creative side in me due to it's non-linearity.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:00 pm

I need to be fair to the game when it comes to that, I'm not a very creative person when it comes to games and therefore any game which relies on creating your own stories and experiences I don't tend to like much.

This game did bring it out of me more than most but more often than not I was fighting the game as I mentioned.

When those moments happened it was a great game as I mentioned the path to the Zora Kingdom was a particular highlight for me but I felt like those moments were too infrequent.

I also admit that I much preferred the linear nature of the old Zelda games leading into big dungeons tbh than the design of this game, which explains why I loved the aforementioned Zora Kingdom path.

But like I said I'm fine with people feeling differently and I understand why it's so loved, the only thing I will always disagree with people on is the story part because honestly it barely exists lol.

Not that I particularly care as is it's not like Zelda games have a history of great stories anyway but meh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:36 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:

This is kind of a tough question because realistically it's Twilight Princess, Majora's Mask and Wind Waker.

But i do readily accept that Twilight Princess is basically a Ocarina of Time reskin in a lot of ways and basically like saying i prefer a later game in a franchise because it improved things that the original may not have done because it came years after the fact.

I'm definitely okay with swapping the two out based on this reality

I loved Majora's Mask and Wind Waker because they changed the formula without ripping out the heart of what makes a Zelda game unlike Breath of the Wild even if i admit the thing i love about Zelda games the most is the dungeons and tbh both of these games are not as good as other Zelda's.

Although i should mention i played the HD remake of Wind Waker so i didn't have the problem the original Wind Waker did in terms of end of game fetch quests, if you played the game you know what i mean.

I also should mention i've only played 3D console Zelda's so my opinions are somewhat incomplete.

Based on that list, BotW wasn't necessarily going to appeal to you, as it is more in-line with the 2D Zeldas (especially the first one). When I play BotW, I expect it won't be my favorite Zelda (since Wind Waker and Majora's Mask are my top 2 Zeldas).

One thing I know will not bother me is the weapons degradation, since I know there will be plenty of weapons to choose from.

One of the worst aspects in the Witcher 3 was that 95% of all loot was weaker tan what I had, and I never had to change my equipment. A system that forces me to change weapons and experiment is honestly better (imo).
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:53 pm

Witcher 3 is a bad loot game tbh, it never bothered me because I figured out pretty early on that the best loot is Witcher Gear contracts.

I prefer that tbh, I want to know how to get the best gear and stick to it. Honestly hate games which is constantly shoving loot in my face.

I understand I'm massively in the minority with that though and that's fine, also you are completely correct about Breath of the Wild not really being in line with my tastes based on what Zelda games I like.

Which is probably why I feel as strongly as I do I, but it's an interesting case you bring up because I honestly feel like the people who were brought up on N64 Zelda's and beyond tend to be massively critical of this game more than most.

I've seen many people who have similar tastes say the same things, there does seem to be quite common from what I have seen.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:04 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Witcher 3 is a bad loot game tbh, it never bothered me because I figured out pretty early on that the best loot is Witcher Gear contracts.

I prefer that tbh, I want to know how to get the best gear and stick to it. Honestly hate games which is constantly shoving loot in my face.

I understand I'm massively in the minority with that though and that's fine.

I'm not a big fan of having to swap out your equipment constantly. In Ni No Kuni 2, a better weapon and armor seems to drop every 5 minutes. I've been really hesitant to waste in-game money and resources on upgrading armor and weapons, since I CONSTANTLY get better things. I thought I would get the best equipment eventually, and then finally be able to upgrade and stick with it, but even with post-game loot, you never know when you'll suddenly find something that's better than what you already have. In comparison to that, I definitely prefer The Witcher 3's loot/equipment style/setup. Having to work your way up to the next tier of equipment is so much more satisfying than having them drop down in your lap every 2-5 minutes.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu May 10, 2018 11:42 am

Halfway through and I've had 100 hours on this game already. I'm ashamed Laughing

I can't speak highly enough of this gem of a game. I've never had a Nintendo console in my life, never knew who Zelda was (actually I thought Link was Zelda until a few months ago Laughing). But it is worth buying a Switch for this game alone.

This is by no means an easy game. Prepare to fail. Prepare to die. Expect to be frustrated. Multiple times. But this game rewards creativity, like the classic games would have. The puzzles are fun, the world is massive. And the combat has more depth to it than any game I have played recently bar Witcher 3, but even then I prefer Zelda's ambidextrous approach to Witcher's potion/sign mechanics.

Sure, there are niggling problems in this game. Why can't we climb the rocks in the rain (and it rains a lot). Despite terrain variety, enemies are not that varied. Some Gyro puzzles are pointlessly frustrating. So I can't give this game a 10/10 but it is up there with the best games I have ever played.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu May 10, 2018 3:12 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:What are your top 3 Zeldas?

Easily Link to the Past, Breath of the Wild, Majora's Mask.

Also, yeah, solid, very solid 9.5/10 for me. Played it out before the year ended last year, enjoyed it alot. Challenging enough to not be bored but good enough to not be stupidly difficult. Nintendo got it spot on with this gem.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sat May 12, 2018 4:49 pm

Doc wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:What are your top 3 Zeldas?

Easily Link to the Past, Breath of the Wild, Majora's Mask.

Also, yeah, solid, very solid 9.5/10 for me. Played it out before the year ended last year, enjoyed it alot. Challenging enough to not be bored but good enough to not be stupidly difficult. Nintendo got it spot on with this gem.

From the people I talked to, Breath of the Wild was most liked by people who consider The Original LoZ, A Link to the Past, and/or A Link Between Worlds, as the best Zeldas.

So based on that, it makes sense that you like the game so much.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Fri May 18, 2018 8:31 am

danyjr wrote:
Sure, there are niggling problems in this game. Why can't we climb the rocks in the rain (and it rains a lot). .

You need more stamina. You essentially need to jump when you're about to fall to negate the falling distance. But I've noticed that it's also an invisible wall mechanism. There are certain korok seeds and shrines that Nintendo wants you to obtain/reach a certain way.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu May 24, 2018 3:38 am

Bellabong wrote:You need more stamina. You essentially need to jump when you're about to fall to negate the falling distance. But I've noticed that it's also an invisible wall mechanism. There are certain korok seeds and shrines that Nintendo wants you to obtain/reach a certain way.

Do you jump exactly when you are about to fall down? What I find is that even after a jump you start descending immediately.

Also I've collected 450 korok seeds now Laughing I can't imagine how one can find them all by themselves without a guide.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:05 pm

Zelda: BotW was a masterpiece for me, and one of the greatest of games I've had the chance to play. I'm not sure what to think about a sequel.

Is this going to be more of the same? Because as much as I loved BotW, by the time I achieved 100% I was exhausted of it. Judging by the trailer, it looks to me that the graphics won't get an update and the game is still going to be in Hyrule with all the previous zones. Does that mean a Ubisoft style rehash of BotW? I hope not.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next