The Legend of Zelda: Breath of Fresh Air

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of Fresh Air

Post by Bellabong on Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:56 pm

I'm understanding the weapon durability complaints. Needed at least 3 times longer durability for it to not be so overpowerering.

Game is great so far though. Does have some feeling from the original Zelda

Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Posts : 3429
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of Fresh Air

Post by Bellabong on Wed May 24, 2017 10:08 am

About to start my 2nd great beast, have done a lot of shrines though. Love the game so far, got over the durability. They're not kidding when it does feel like the orignal Zelda, you're given a main quest and you're supposed to figure out most of the world for yourself. Oh and this world is deadly.



_________________



Henry wrote:"“Stepovers, tricks, that’s not the game. The game is what Thomas Muller is doing. If I had a son right now, playing, I would say to him ‘look at them, look at [Franck] Ribery, look at Muller.’ What Ronaldo does, and Messi, they’re just freaks. Don’t try to copy those guys. You can copy from Ribery, you can copy from Thomas Muller. What he did at the World Cup, people don’t talk about it. They don’t talk about it, but they should talk about it. He plays the game the right way: he defends, he attacks, he controls the ball when he has to control it, he reverses when he has to reverse it. When he has to finish, he’ll finish. He doesn’t do stepovers, but when he has to perform, he performs. He does what the game asks him to do.”"

avatar
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich
Posts : 3429
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of Fresh Air

Post by Bellabong on Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:59 pm

Master Mode is beyond some Dark Souls shit

Need some Crysis level of planning just to kill a group of bokoblins

Trial of the Sword is brilliant so far.
avatar
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich
Posts : 3429
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of Fresh Air

Post by danyjr on Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:12 am

The best game I've played in years. It's the best of open world, storytelling, combat, puzzles, NPC AI, RPG, art style and music. All in this masterpiece.

A breath of fresh air from Ubisoft's mundane trash I've been playing recently.

_________________
avatar
danyjr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors
Posts : 4659
Join date : 2012-02-24

http://www.tikitakatoom.tk

Back to top Go down

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of Fresh Air

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:01 pm

What storytelling lol, it's non-existent as is the RPG systems as well but that's fine because it's not really an RPG so I won't really criticise it for that.

I honestly wish I could see what most people could see in this game, not even in my top 3 Zelda games matter about anything else.

I wanted love it so much, I spent about 60 hours trying to push myself to play it but in the end I had to just accept this reality.

_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 63935
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of Fresh Air

Post by danyjr on Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:14 pm

Yet you played AC Origins and you liked it more? Something is rotten in the state of Denmark scratch

_________________
avatar
danyjr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors
Posts : 4659
Join date : 2012-02-24

http://www.tikitakatoom.tk

Back to top Go down

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of Fresh Air

Post by Thimmy on Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:42 pm

@danyjr wrote:Yet you played AC Origins and you liked it more? Something is rotten in the state of Denmark scratch
That’s the English flag. The flag of Denmark can look similar, but the colors are switched Very Happy

_________________
avatar
Thimmy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6733
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of Fresh Air

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:44 pm

@danyjr wrote:Yet you played AC Origins and you liked it more? Something is rotten in the state of Denmark scratch


What's wrong with that?

Also I'm English hmm also Origins has a much better narrative lol, it's not even close.

Not that it's hard considering Breath of the Wild's is non existent.

I could explain why I feel the way I do about Zelda but I've done it a million times over so it's best just to leave this here...

http://www.thejimquisition.com/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-review/

I don't agree with the score but the content of the review absolutely aligns with how I feel.

_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 63935
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of Fresh Air

Post by Freeza on Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:56 pm

I have so much real estate in other people’s head tbh

_________________
hmm:
avatar
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 18837
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of Fresh Air

Post by Lord Spencer on Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:26 pm



@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:What storytelling lol, it's non-existent as is the RPG systems as well but that's fine because it's not really an RPG so I won't really criticise it for that.

I honestly wish I could see what most people could see in this game, not even in my top 3 Zelda games matter about anything else.

I wanted love it so much, I spent about 60 hours trying to push myself to play it but in the end I had to just accept this reality.


What are your top 3 Zeldas?
avatar
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 3178
Join date : 2011-06-23

Back to top Go down

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of Fresh Air

Post by Thimmy on Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:32 pm

Have you gotten around to playing Ni No Kuni 2 yet, Spencer? I'm curious about your verdict. I feel that they've improved on most things, gameplay-wise, and I think the game is fun and addicting with it's abundance of features and improved combat, but I don't care much for any of the characters, and although I'm 50 hours into the game at this point, I get the impression that the quality of the story took a backseat in favor of all these new features. Also, there are 100+ side quests, and I suppose I shouldn't complain since I've completed most of them, but the majority of them are fetch quests Neutral

_________________
avatar
Thimmy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6733
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of Fresh Air

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:09 pm

@Lord Spencer wrote:

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:What storytelling lol, it's non-existent as is the RPG systems as well but that's fine because it's not really an RPG so I won't really criticise it for that.

I honestly wish I could see what most people could see in this game, not even in my top 3 Zelda games matter about anything else.

I wanted love it so much, I spent about 60 hours trying to push myself to play it but in the end I had to just accept this reality.


What are your top 3 Zeldas?


This is kind of a tough question because realistically it's Twilight Princess, Majora's Mask and Wind Waker.

But i do readily accept that Twilight Princess is basically a Ocarina of Time reskin in a lot of ways and basically like saying i prefer a later game in a franchise because it improved things that the original may not have done because it came years after the fact.

I'm definitely okay with swapping the two out based on this reality

I loved Majora's Mask and Wind Waker because they changed the formula without ripping out the heart of what makes a Zelda game unlike Breath of the Wild even if i admit the thing i love about Zelda games the most is the dungeons and tbh both of these games are not as good as other Zelda's.

Although i should mention i played the HD remake of Wind Waker so i didn't have the problem the original Wind Waker did in terms of end of game fetch quests, if you played the game you know what i mean.

I also should mention i've only played 3D console Zelda's so my opinions are somewhat incomplete.

_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 63935
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of Fresh Air

Post by danyjr on Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:00 pm

So I presume you don't like that weapons break in this game. So do I. But aren't you the person who said weapons getting damaged in Witcher 3 wasn't a big deal?

I personally find durability in games lame. They add no depth to gameplay and are cumbersome to deal with. I can understand in online games like MMORPGs durability is there to balance the economy by spending gold for repair, but in single player games I don't understand it.

However to defend Zelda on this occasion, I can argue that survival game fans whom their numbers are on the rise would welcome the existence of weapon in this game. For me, it is probably one of the few annoying issues with Zelda, but not enough to overshadow the enjoyments I'm getting with it.

_________________
avatar
danyjr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors
Posts : 4659
Join date : 2012-02-24

http://www.tikitakatoom.tk

Back to top Go down

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of Fresh Air

Post by danyjr on Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:03 pm

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Also I'm English hmm

@Thimmy wrote:That’s the English flag. The flag of Denmark can look similar, but the colors are switched Very Happy

As an Englishman, you should know this Very Happy

_________________
avatar
danyjr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors
Posts : 4659
Join date : 2012-02-24

http://www.tikitakatoom.tk

Back to top Go down

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of Fresh Air

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:11 pm

It's not a big deal because in Witcher 3 you can repair them very easily and besides they last an extremely long time compared to Zelda.

The two systems are not comparable in the slightest, i cannot for the life of me see a positive to them in Zelda.

Besides and i've said this before but the weapons breaking is not even close to my main issues with the game.

It's just another obstacle i had to overcome in enjoying the game, i constantly felt i was fighting the game itself to sludge through it.

It's a shame because it does some things exceedingly well, specifically i loved the path to the Zora Kingdom but far too often i felt like i was fighting against the game rather than just enjoying it.

With that said i perfectly understand why people enjoy it i just wish i could feel the same way, only thing i disagree with is the story part because it quite frankly it barely exists but that's fine.

_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 63935
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of Fresh Air

Post by danyjr on Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:33 pm

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:It's not a big deal because in Witcher 3 you can repair them very easily and besides they last an extremely long time compared to Zelda.

The two systems are not comparable in the slightest, i cannot for the life of me see a positive to them in Zelda.

Besides and i've said this before but the weapons breaking is not even close to my main issues with the game.

It's just another obstacle i had to overcome in enjoying the game, i constantly felt i was fighting the game itself to sludge through it.

It's a shame because it does some things exceedingly well, specifically i loved the path to the Zora Kingdom but far too often i felt like i was fighting against the game rather than just enjoying it.

With that said i perfectly understand why people enjoy it i just wish i could feel the same way, only thing i disagree with is the story part because it quite frankly it barely exists but that's fine.

True, you can repair weapons in the Witcher. That has been equalled by loads of weapons being dropped in Zelda. Loads of usable ones mind, not those trashy junk that is dropped in Witcher 3 Very Happy

Judging by what you wrote I think maybe this game just isn't for you especially when you say you had to "fight the game itself" to progress. That's exactly the opposite of how I, and I'm sure millions of others feel. It actually brings up the creative side in me due to it's non-linearity.

_________________
avatar
danyjr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors
Posts : 4659
Join date : 2012-02-24

http://www.tikitakatoom.tk

Back to top Go down

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of Fresh Air

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:00 pm

I need to be fair to the game when it comes to that, I'm not a very creative person when it comes to games and therefore any game which relies on creating your own stories and experiences I don't tend to like much.

This game did bring it out of me more than most but more often than not I was fighting the game as I mentioned.

When those moments happened it was a great game as I mentioned the path to the Zora Kingdom was a particular highlight for me but I felt like those moments were too infrequent.

I also admit that I much preferred the linear nature of the old Zelda games leading into big dungeons tbh than the design of this game, which explains why I loved the aforementioned Zora Kingdom path.

But like I said I'm fine with people feeling differently and I understand why it's so loved, the only thing I will always disagree with people on is the story part because honestly it barely exists lol.

Not that I particularly care as is it's not like Zelda games have a history of great stories anyway but meh.

_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 63935
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of Fresh Air

Post by Lord Spencer on Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:36 pm

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
@Lord Spencer wrote:

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:What storytelling lol, it's non-existent as is the RPG systems as well but that's fine because it's not really an RPG so I won't really criticise it for that.

I honestly wish I could see what most people could see in this game, not even in my top 3 Zelda games matter about anything else.

I wanted love it so much, I spent about 60 hours trying to push myself to play it but in the end I had to just accept this reality.


What are your top 3 Zeldas?


This is kind of a tough question because realistically it's Twilight Princess, Majora's Mask and Wind Waker.

But i do readily accept that Twilight Princess is basically a Ocarina of Time reskin in a lot of ways and basically like saying i prefer a later game in a franchise because it improved things that the original may not have done because it came years after the fact.

I'm definitely okay with swapping the two out based on this reality

I loved Majora's Mask and Wind Waker because they changed the formula without ripping out the heart of what makes a Zelda game unlike Breath of the Wild even if i admit the thing i love about Zelda games the most is the dungeons and tbh both of these games are not as good as other Zelda's.

Although i should mention i played the HD remake of Wind Waker so i didn't have the problem the original Wind Waker did in terms of end of game fetch quests, if you played the game you know what i mean.

I also should mention i've only played 3D console Zelda's so my opinions are somewhat incomplete.


Based on that list, BotW wasn't necessarily going to appeal to you, as it is more in-line with the 2D Zeldas (especially the first one). When I play BotW, I expect it won't be my favorite Zelda (since Wind Waker and Majora's Mask are my top 2 Zeldas).

One thing I know will not bother me is the weapons degradation, since I know there will be plenty of weapons to choose from.

One of the worst aspects in the Witcher 3 was that 95% of all loot was weaker tan what I had, and I never had to change my equipment. A system that forces me to change weapons and experiment is honestly better (imo).
avatar
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 3178
Join date : 2011-06-23

Back to top Go down

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of Fresh Air

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:53 pm

Witcher 3 is a bad loot game tbh, it never bothered me because I figured out pretty early on that the best loot is Witcher Gear contracts.

I prefer that tbh, I want to know how to get the best gear and stick to it. Honestly hate games which is constantly shoving loot in my face.

I understand I'm massively in the minority with that though and that's fine, also you are completely correct about Breath of the Wild not really being in line with my tastes based on what Zelda games I like.

Which is probably why I feel as strongly as I do I, but it's an interesting case you bring up because I honestly feel like the people who were brought up on N64 Zelda's and beyond tend to be massively critical of this game more than most.

I've seen many people who have similar tastes say the same things, there does seem to be quite common from what I have seen.

_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 63935
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of Fresh Air

Post by Thimmy on Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:04 am

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Witcher 3 is a bad loot game tbh, it never bothered me because I figured out pretty early on that the best loot is Witcher Gear contracts.

I prefer that tbh, I want to know how to get the best gear and stick to it. Honestly hate games which is constantly shoving loot in my face.

I understand I'm massively in the minority with that though and that's fine.



I'm not a big fan of having to swap out your equipment constantly. In Ni No Kuni 2, a better weapon and armor seems to drop every 5 minutes. I've been really hesitant to waste in-game money and resources on upgrading armor and weapons, since I CONSTANTLY get better things. I thought I would get the best equipment eventually, and then finally be able to upgrade and stick with it, but even with post-game loot, you never know when you'll suddenly find something that's better than what you already have. In comparison to that, I definitely prefer The Witcher 3's loot/equipment style/setup. Having to work your way up to the next tier of equipment is so much more satisfying than having them drop down in your lap every 2-5 minutes.

_________________
avatar
Thimmy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6733
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of Fresh Air

Post by danyjr on Thu May 10, 2018 6:42 pm

Halfway through and I've had 100 hours on this game already. I'm ashamed Laughing

I can't speak highly enough of this gem of a game. I've never had a Nintendo console in my life, never knew who Zelda was (actually I thought Link was Zelda until a few months ago Laughing). But it is worth buying a Switch for this game alone.

This is by no means an easy game. Prepare to fail. Prepare to die. Expect to be frustrated. Multiple times. But this game rewards creativity, like the classic games would have. The puzzles are fun, the world is massive. And the combat has more depth to it than any game I have played recently bar Witcher 3, but even then I prefer Zelda's ambidextrous approach to Witcher's potion/sign mechanics.

Sure, there are niggling problems in this game. Why can't we climb the rocks in the rain (and it rains a lot). Despite terrain variety, enemies are not that varied. Some Gyro puzzles are pointlessly frustrating. So I can't give this game a 10/10 but it is up there with the best games I have ever played.

_________________
avatar
danyjr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors
Posts : 4659
Join date : 2012-02-24

http://www.tikitakatoom.tk

Back to top Go down

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of Fresh Air

Post by Doc on Thu May 10, 2018 10:12 pm

@Lord Spencer wrote:What are your top 3 Zeldas?

Easily Link to the Past, Breath of the Wild, Majora's Mask.

Also, yeah, solid, very solid 9.5/10 for me. Played it out before the year ended last year, enjoyed it alot. Challenging enough to not be bored but good enough to not be stupidly difficult. Nintendo got it spot on with this gem.

_________________

I told you so
avatar
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 11669
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of Fresh Air

Post by Lord Spencer on Sat May 12, 2018 11:49 pm

@Doc wrote:
@Lord Spencer wrote:What are your top 3 Zeldas?

Easily Link to the Past, Breath of the Wild, Majora's Mask.

Also, yeah, solid, very solid 9.5/10 for me. Played it out before the year ended last year, enjoyed it alot. Challenging enough to not be bored but good enough to not be stupidly difficult. Nintendo got it spot on with this gem.


From the people I talked to, Breath of the Wild was most liked by people who consider The Original LoZ, A Link to the Past, and/or A Link Between Worlds, as the best Zeldas.

So based on that, it makes sense that you like the game so much.
avatar
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 3178
Join date : 2011-06-23

Back to top Go down

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of Fresh Air

Post by Bellabong on Fri May 18, 2018 3:31 pm

@danyjr wrote:
Sure, there are niggling problems in this game. Why can't we climb the rocks in the rain (and it rains a lot). .


You need more stamina. You essentially need to jump when you're about to fall to negate the falling distance. But I've noticed that it's also an invisible wall mechanism. There are certain korok seeds and shrines that Nintendo wants you to obtain/reach a certain way.

_________________



Henry wrote:"“Stepovers, tricks, that’s not the game. The game is what Thomas Muller is doing. If I had a son right now, playing, I would say to him ‘look at them, look at [Franck] Ribery, look at Muller.’ What Ronaldo does, and Messi, they’re just freaks. Don’t try to copy those guys. You can copy from Ribery, you can copy from Thomas Muller. What he did at the World Cup, people don’t talk about it. They don’t talk about it, but they should talk about it. He plays the game the right way: he defends, he attacks, he controls the ball when he has to control it, he reverses when he has to reverse it. When he has to finish, he’ll finish. He doesn’t do stepovers, but when he has to perform, he performs. He does what the game asks him to do.”"

avatar
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich
Posts : 3429
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of Fresh Air

Post by danyjr on Thu May 24, 2018 10:38 am

@Bellabong wrote:You need more stamina. You essentially need to jump when you're about to fall to negate the falling distance. But I've noticed that it's also an invisible wall mechanism. There are certain korok seeds and shrines that Nintendo wants you to obtain/reach a certain way.

Do you jump exactly when you are about to fall down? What I find is that even after a jump you start descending immediately.

Also I've collected 450 korok seeds now Laughing I can't imagine how one can find them all by themselves without a guide.

_________________
avatar
danyjr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors
Posts : 4659
Join date : 2012-02-24

http://www.tikitakatoom.tk

Back to top Go down

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of Fresh Air

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum