McLewis
RealGunner
rincon
BarrileteCosmico
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Who... ?

Copa America 2016 USA - QFs - United States vs Ecuador - Page 3 Vote_lcap88%Copa America 2016 USA - QFs - United States vs Ecuador - Page 3 Vote_rcap 88% 
[ 7 ]
Copa America 2016 USA - QFs - United States vs Ecuador - Page 3 Vote_lcap12%Copa America 2016 USA - QFs - United States vs Ecuador - Page 3 Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 8

Copa America 2016 USA - QFs - United States vs Ecuador - Page 3 Empty Re: Copa America 2016 USA - QFs - United States vs Ecuador

Post by CBarca Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:34 am

FalcaoPunch wrote:
CBarca wrote:need to get out of here with this pussy "any touching of the face is a red" shit. You lightly brush someones face like Jones and it's a red these days? Laughing

Keep the rule as it was. Push someones face, slap someone, poke someone in the eye, yeah that's a red. What Jones did? lmao

At least Valencia got a red as well.

Wood acting like an idiot. Even if we go through now we're missing Wood and Jones :facepalm:

Don't get me wrong it's totally pussy shit but a ref can give red for any sort/form of aggression. Jones shouldn't have even bothered to waste his time doing that.

I don't have a problem with the ref and it's insanely dumb from Jones, no arguing that. I don't have a problem with the refs call to be honest since apparently touching the face at all is a red, I just have a problem with that rule.

The rule was fine as it was.

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Copa America 2016 USA - QFs - United States vs Ecuador - Page 3 Empty Re: Copa America 2016 USA - QFs - United States vs Ecuador

Post by CBarca Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:35 am

Everyone on this page gets a thumbs up from me

so happy right now
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:30 pm

A nervy match, but the W is what counts.

So impressed with Brooks this tournament and extremely disappointed with Bradley in equal measure, although I loved the rainbow armband for this game.

Deuce has shut me up completely. He's been absolutely clutch.

We have the winner from Argentina-Venezuela next. Venezuela actually worry me more than Argentina based on what I've seen of them.

More worrying, we're without some key players for this tilt too. Bedoya has quietly been our best midfielder while Jones has been a rock, but always capable of putting us in tough spots with his temper. Beckerman's a hard runner, but not sure he can bring the steel in midfield the way Jones has. He's not as aggressive and if we're playing a more fancied midfield like Argentina's, we'll need grit. Zusi does not have Bedoya's engine so that's my primary cause for worry although he's technically better on the ball and his passing can really help us keep possession. Will be interesting to see how long he lasts running those hard minutes that Ale is capable of doing.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:42 pm

Congratulations on the win! I am always happy when you Americans do well in tournaments. My take is that, the success of the USMT should strengthen the MLS furthermore. And hopefully that will also help out the soccer culture in Canada (at a grass root level).
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:54 pm

Sounds like Jones could have his red card rescinded, but even if it's dropped to a yellow he'll be out for the next match.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:16 am

You expect more from someone his age. Then again, it's Jones.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:43 am

Well, even with the updated rules it appears he should NOT have been shown a red card. If the referee can't even keep the rules straight its unsurprising if a player doesn't.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3