[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by M99 on Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:07 pm

Lmfao we have officially reached a point beyond desperation.

http://imgur.com/a/9PITE

M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 on Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:28 am

http://watchersonthewall.com/game-thrones-planning-action-scenes-season-7/#more-71395

http://watchersonthewall.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Italica.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/hJFGUF5.jpg

Invisible Smilies 2012. Join the campaign.

M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots on Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:39 pm

That place looks like it could be the ruined dragon pit in King's Landing, but I can see why people think this is the Tourney at Harrenhal.

World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 on Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:28 pm

https://i.redd.it/a9xtbfh2vcjx.png

He thinks he won't be done by summer 2017...

M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra on Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:19 am

Not exactly what he said.
Imo after failing to meet several deadlines it would make perfectly sense for him not to "think" that he can do it till date xyz anymore and just decline any con till he's done no matter how few pages are missing.

I guess that sounds a bit too optimistic? hmm
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:20 am

I am confident it will be out by Jan/Feb

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master on Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:00 am

I actually feel that's a positive response, because he's pretty much responded previously by: "stop asking when it comes out, GoT is not my only project".

By stating that he's rejecting any other offers I take it as he's focused on the damn book, which sounds very sweet to me.

Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Bayern Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:11 am

the wait is starting to sour me to the whole thing, how can he go from "i might have finished it 9 months ago" to "it's still at least 9 months away"?

He better do a sanderson and turn in 2 books instead of 1...

Admin

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:22 am

Just my assumption but i think he re-wrote A LOT of the book after the last season.
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master on Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:22 am

Rejecting offers a year from now does not necessarily mean he'll take that long to finish the book... I mean, it's like you're on deadline day, 4 PM, and you get invited to some after party work binge drinking. You're going to say no, even if you might be done by 6 PM, because it's just something you don't put importance on at the moment.

Or maybe he does not give a frack now that he's a millionaire Laughing.

BTW Barrilete, is that Brandon Sanderson you're talking about?
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots on Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:54 am

He's an old man who just wants to enjoy the rest of his life now and is not very bothered to finish this story imo. I know people will say that he is still very much interested (based on his new year post) but he seems a lot more happier discussing Wild Cards, Hugo Awards and Sports instead. Can't blame him either but I've learned to deal with it as frustrating as it is. After all it is my fault that I started an unfinished series.

I'm sure he will deliver The Winds of Winter sometime after the 7th season of Game of Thrones but I'm not expecting him to actually finish the story.
urbaNRoots
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra on Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:42 pm

That's actually kind of my worry as well. I'm not really bothered that much if we get Winds in 2016, 2017 or 2018 but I AM worried that he might never finish ADOS. Don't know if he still has the energy at the age of 70 after how long the last books took him.
But of course that depends a lot on how it's all set up. It could well be a lot easier to write because you don't have to plan further than the actual book anymore. Usually I'd expect the last book to be the easiest to write.
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:49 pm

@Sushi Master wrote:

Yeah, he has a reputation as being incredibly high turnout. In his latest release he turned in 2 books instead of the 1 he promised his editor because "I was having trouble writing the 1st book so I started on the 2nd one to get me going" (or something of the sort).

Admin

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master on Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:52 pm

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:
@Sushi Master wrote:

Yeah, he has a reputation as being incredibly high turnout. In his latest release he turned in 2 books instead of the 1 he promised his editor because "I was having trouble writing the 1st book so I started on the 2nd one to get me going" (or something of the sort).

He sure does. His books don't have the sheer details GRR's books have, at least from what I've read.

Which on topic, I recommend his Stormlight Archive series of books. They have vastly satisfied my fantasy needs while I wait for WoW to come out. It's a really nice fantasy setting, some very original ideas and great characters.
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong on Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:42 am

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:the wait is starting to sour me to the whole thing, how can he go from "i might have finished it 9 months ago" to "it's still at least 9 months away"?

He better do a sanderson and turn in 2 books instead of 1...

I justt want him to do an Erikson and churn out 330k word incredibly complex epics every year.

But considering GRRM has run out of stuff to plagiarise and has to actually write some epic fantasy...

Henry wrote:"“Stepovers, tricks, that’s not the game. The game is what Thomas Muller is doing. If I had a son right now, playing, I would say to him ‘look at them, look at [Franck] Ribery, look at Muller.’ What Ronaldo does, and Messi, they’re just freaks. Don’t try to copy those guys. You can copy from Ribery, you can copy from Thomas Muller. What he did at the World Cup, people don’t talk about it. They don’t talk about it, but they should talk about it. He plays the game the right way: he defends, he attacks, he controls the ball when he has to control it, he reverses when he has to reverse it. When he has to finish, he’ll finish. He doesn’t do stepovers, but when he has to perform, he performs. He does what the game asks him to do.”"

Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Schalke 04

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots on Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:48 pm

Some big news on Euron Greyjoys role in S7. :bow:

Spoiler:
http://watchersonthewall.com/latest-belfast-sightings-exclusive-game-thrones-season-7-spoiler-report/

Watchers on the Wall has learned that GoT filming this week centered around Yara and Theon Greyjoy engaging in battle at sea. It appears that their uncle Euron is catching up to the siblings and will capture one of them.

It looks like a big year is in the works for Euron- we hear that he and Queen Cersei are teaming up in season 7. We’ve also heard that Euron will take out at least one of the Sand Snakes.

It makes sense that Euron would turn to Cersei for an alliance, since Daenerys is no longer in Meereen and probably not interested in his cock-and-quickly-built-ships marriage proposal. They’re a dangerous duo, and I’m excited to see what Cersei and Euron cook up in season 7.

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ES on Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:53 pm

@Sushi Master wrote:
@BarrileteCosmico wrote:
@Sushi Master wrote:

He sure does. His books don't have the sheer details GRR's books have, at least from what I've read.

Which on topic, I recommend his Stormlight Archive series of books. They have vastly satisfied my fantasy needs while I wait for WoW to come out. It's a really nice fantasy setting, some very original ideas and great characters.

Another Sanderson fan :bow:

He is a monster, definitely a top 5 fantasy writer for me. Have you by any chance read Scott Lynch's work (The Gentlemen Bastards) ? If not i highly recommend it

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 on Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:48 pm

@urbaNRoots wrote:Some big news on Euron Greyjoys role in S7. :bow:

Spoiler:
http://watchersonthewall.com/latest-belfast-sightings-exclusive-game-thrones-season-7-spoiler-report/

Watchers on the Wall has learned that GoT filming this week centered around Yara and Theon Greyjoy engaging in battle at sea. It appears that their uncle Euron is catching up to the siblings and will capture one of them.

It looks like a big year is in the works for Euron- we hear that he and Queen Cersei are teaming up in season 7. We’ve also heard that Euron will take out at least one of the Sand Snakes.

It makes sense that Euron would turn to Cersei for an alliance, since Daenerys is no longer in Meereen and probably not interested in his cock-and-quickly-built-ships marriage proposal. They’re a dangerous duo, and I’m excited to see what Cersei and Euron cook up in season 7.

the winds of winter the forsaken chapter spoiler:
I can totally see Theon filling Aeron's role. Wonder if they will change the story to Euron molesting Theon when he was young. Hope Euron has his Valyrian steel armor.

M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots on Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:08 pm

Season 7 spoilers/speculation:
I can definitely see that happening. Honestly I'm just happy he is getting a bigger role because  I thought he would be offed pretty soon ala Doran Martell but it looks like they are at least trying to bring book Euron to screen. But if he owns a certain armor and some more magic-y/crazy/evil shit then that's even better. Also his new alliance is exactly what I hoped would happen, so excited for that.

Also people will love him for killing a Sand Snake lol
urbaNRoots
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master on Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:12 pm

@ES wrote:
@Sushi Master wrote:
@BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Another Sanderson fan :bow:

He is a monster, definitely a top 5 fantasy writer for me. Have you by any chance read Scott Lynch's work (The Gentlemen Bastards) ? If not i highly recommend it

I love his work. Fantasy wise, his world just seems like a breath of fresh air to me. It's not the politically charged deathfest GoT is, but on the fantasy scale he just bombs it. Some great original work.

I haven't heard of the Gentlemen Bastards series, but reading up on it it sounds swell. Will check it out once I'm done with Stormlight. Thanks for the recommendation Thumbs up
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots on Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:17 pm

What I've heard about Sanderson, he always updates his fans on the progression of his upcoming books. I wish George did that. Neutral

Even if it was an update every 6 months Laughing

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 on Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:24 pm

GRRM doesn't trust himself after the whole ADWD one year after AFFC fiasco.

Also he does constant rewrites and revision so he himself does not know how far he is.

M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots on Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:36 pm

Not saying he should give us his predictions on when he's getting it done but he could tell us SOMETHING. Even a "I just revised an old chapter" would be better than nothing at all in my opinion. His fans are thirsty for new content, even a single useless comment that relates to TWOW gets like 500 comments on /r/asoiaf Laughing

More updates would mean less speculation about what he is actually doing, his health and complaints about his writing speed.
urbaNRoots
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:01 pm

sorry to do this to you all

S7 spoiler ( just one )

Spoiler:

Pics emerged of S7. Jon, Tyrion and Daenerys all involved in one scene in dragonstone.

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra on Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:24 pm

You read all the leaks about season 7? No idea if they are legit but I certainly hope they are not Laughing
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:33 pm

Nah avoiding them since they are pretty much TWOW spoilers

RealGunner
Admin
Admin