Cruijf
rincon
farfan
VivaStPauli
S
46 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

EURO 2016 France - R16 - Italy Vs Spain - Page 9 Empty Re: EURO 2016 France - R16 - Italy Vs Spain

Post by Socur Toxanarosa Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:33 pm

Luca wrote:To each their own brother. Two years is way too far away to discuss it in real times, for all we know Ventura won't even be the manager at that time, or he could do a really great job in qualifying.

As for the age, being over 30 is no detriment in my opinion. As for the world class prospects, can't really predict how the players will develop but if we looked at all the past world class prospects that never became world class players, I'll take my chances. I can't see a player in this currently Italy team that was a world class prospect, except for Buffon 20 years ago Proud

Fair enough, i was talking about perspective but Italy is always unpredictable anyway.

Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

EURO 2016 France - R16 - Italy Vs Spain - Page 9 Empty Re: EURO 2016 France - R16 - Italy Vs Spain

Post by rincon Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:41 am

I guess you dont follow these guys in Serie A. Our youngsters are better prospects than this bunch were in their youth.

Bonucci was a train wreck his first years at Juve, compare that to Rugani. Barzagli faded after being selected for the 06 team and didnt shine before he was old. Romagnoli is already shining.

Marchisio, Chiellini and De Rossi were the real prospects. Marchisio took his time to perform, mostly because he switched positions every other game. Look at Florenzi now.

Bernardeschi, Insigne, El Shaarawy and Berardi are stacked for the wings. Much better than anything the current genertion produced, the best of which (by distance) is Candreva.

Darmian and De Sciglio are young and already performing for this team.

Saponara for options.

With Marchisio and Verratti back this team will be excellent. De Rossi is the only irreplaceable one. If one of the CFs steps up (definitely not a given) it would be a very dangerous squad for 2018.

For example:

Insigne CF Candreva

De Sciglio Marchisio Verratti Florenzi

Chiellini Bonucci Rugani

Buffon

With 2 more years of experience for Insigne, DS, Verratti, Florenzi, Rugani and time playing togehter. The future is exciting.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:52 am

Couldn't agree more rincon

Maybe Immobile/Lapadula will hold down that CF position. Maybe someone new will emerge but I'm definitely excited

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:04 am

And I forgot about Jorginho. Could make it a 4-3-3 with him and play Napoli style

Marchisio/Hamsik - Jorginho - Verratti/Allan

Lapadula, Immobile, Gabbiadini, Zaza, Pavoletti, X

one of them could make the jump, or they could all stay scrubs.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:09 am

rincon wrote:And I forgot about Jorginho. Could make it a 4-3-3 with him and play Napoli style

Marchisio/Hamsik - Jorginho - Verratti/Allan

Lapadula, Immobile, Gabbiadini, Zaza, Pavoletti, X

one of them could make the jump, or they could all stay scrubs.

Yeah, and I'm sure there are other players that could make the jump too

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:39 am

Italian's have to be concerned about the lack of depth in midfield however. Imagine the likes of Florenzi having to play in 2018 if just one person gets injured? That's where it is now - if Verratti and Marchisio can't play it's complete scrubs that replace them.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:54 pm

Cruijf wrote:Italian's have to be concerned about the lack of depth in midfield however. Imagine the likes of Florenzi having to play in 2018 if just one person gets injured? That's where it is now - if Verratti and Marchisio can't play it's complete scrubs that replace them.

You mean players like Giaccherini or Parolo would have to come in? Proud

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9