Adit
The Galactico 10
futbol_bill
halamadrid2
sportsczy
37 posters

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by sportsczy Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:39 am

Problem Deez is that Porto played with a pure 9 that stuck to the box with both Falcao and Jackson Martinez. That allowed for James to play with a lot more freedom.

We're looking for that position to bring speed. When Bale is out, we look like a Serie A team in terms of quickness. Makes it hard for us to find spaces as defenses play up since they don't can recover on the other guys.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:42 am

sportsczy wrote:You guys are completely misreading Real Madrid and Barca's current standing.  Until this season, they could outbid and outpay pretty much anyone and that got them a lot of players to even sit on the bench...  now, we're just one of the pack in terms of elite teams.

Now if you're going to be a starter at Real Madrid and we can pay you as much as the other elite teams, then we have an advantage most times unless Barca is in the hunt as well. Like it or not, Barca has caught up with us in terms of emotional appeal to players since many of these kids today have watched Barca in its prime.

Sports, I gotta say that I think you are underestimating the pull we have had in the past. It's not just this season that we are with the elite in that regard. We have had Isco, and James both on the bench for crying out loud lol.

I can't think of an instance in recent history where RM made clear intentions about a player who didn't end up coming- apart from Neymar and I think that was more due to Perez trying to force the issue tbh.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:42 am

@demon, dont forget we have a hierachy when it comes to salary as well hence us selling ADM when he wanted us to break this and not going after Pogba. Only 2 players have asked for a raise successfully in our team believe it or not, one is one of our club legends and the other the face of this team in Spain now that Iker is gone. And the latter only asked for the raise after Iker left because he knew he'd be unsuccessful before that. I know Barca give crazy wages to their players as well as giving up full image rights to the players, but as long as they keep winning this will be justified I suppose
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:44 am

he will not change how he plays, he thinks he is hot shit and whenever he goes back to colombia they blow hot air up his ass.

we might as well sell him and sign more functional players, even if they are not as "good" as James. Douglas Costa playing on the wings for Bayern is way more productive then james playing CM in Madrid
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:44 am

sportsczy wrote:Both Gomes and Jesus...  I wouldn't doubt that they grew up idolizing a Barca player as opposed to a Real Madrid player because, frankly, what midfielder have we had after Zidane worth idolizing... as far as strikers, there's Ronaldo...  but Barca has had Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Henry, Ibra, Villa, Neymar, Messi and Suarez.

In terms of the past 10 years, we're not the one making kids dream.

Now Sport I respect you as a poster but this is......what the actual fudge Shocked
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:46 am

Sport, That's a little bit of a stretch. Real Madrid remains one of the most attractive clubs in the world, and we have backed it up by winning major trophies and signing the best players in the world.

In case you didn't know, Barcelona's technical secretary said the following a week ago:
There are players who don't want to come to Barcelona. It's very hard to convince players to come here with the three we have up front

He went on to say that their main targets this summer turned them down because they wanted more playing time.

And since you're very fond of Pogba, here's what he said about Real Madrid when he was interviews during the Espys:
They're the white house -- which won the Champions League this year, a great club.

We hear constantly about players dreaming of joining us. You'd be mistaken to think otherwise.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:46 am

sportsczy wrote:Problem Deez is that Porto played with a pure 9 that stuck to the box with both Falcao and Jackson Martinez. That allowed for James to play with a lot more freedom.

We're looking for that position to bring speed. When Bale is out, we look like a Serie A team in terms of quickness. Makes it hard for us to find spaces as defenses play up since they don't can recover on the other guys.

I just haven't seen enough evidence of James playing on the wing for us to say it definitively wouldn't work. Each time he has been subbed in (in the past 2 seasons) he has been made to play as a CM.

That I know for certain he cannot play. RW, I don't see why not.

Even if the tempo is not rapid as when Bale is on, there is more than one way to play football.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:52 am

get out b4 Madrid fans gets mad at sportsczy for telling the truth
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:54 am

guest7 wrote:get out b4 Madrid fans gets mad at sportsczy for telling the truth

Nobody is getting mad at him. He has the right to express his opinion. But we still have the right to respectfully disagree with him, which we did.

Now if you think Real Madrid isn't an attractive club and players don't dream of wearing our shirt, I'd be very interested to hear your proof about that.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:58 am

I'm not saying we're not a attractive club, we were much are.

I'm just saying Barca is abit more attractive for some right now. For example Neymar
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:04 am

Sportszy is just pissed off Pogba chased money to Europa league lol. Flo looked at pogba and found an overrated player just like half of the posters here have been saying. His insane wage demands and shady deals with the Raiola ( like pogba doesnt get any cut ) only added more problems. I am just happy we dodged that bullet. A bad fit for sporting and economic projects of this club.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:07 am

guest7 wrote:I'm not saying we're not a attractive club, we were much are.

I'm just saying Barca is abit more attractive for some right now. For example Neymar

Except we already had CR playing LW and its normal Neymar wants to play in his position.

Plus Flo backed out of the deal the moment he realized he will go to jail which Rossel didnt think. Flo is smart , he is not going to give away his presidency for signing a player. Flo said Neymar deal is ''complicated''.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:08 am

Neymar only went to Barca because they were willing to commit tax fraud, screwing his old club and 3rd party owner, while Flo was not!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:14 am

OK, I guess I was fooled by the Italian article that said Gabriel Jesus was signed. Now sounding like the Neymar talks.

Here's the update:

El Real Madrid tiene un nuevo 'enemigo' para intentar el fichaje de Gabriel Jesús: el Manchester City. Cuando parecía que los blancos tenían atado al brasileño, Pep Guardiola ha aparecido en escena para ofrecer 32 millones de euros por él al Palmeiras, según UOL Esporte.

El fichaje de Gabriel Jesús se complica. El Real Madrid tendrá que verse las caras con el Manchester City para conseguir la contratación del joven delantero, por el que los ingleses ofrecen 32 millones de euros. El club blanco tenía la posibilidad de conseguir al brasileño por 24 millones debido a la firma de una cláusula de rescisión especial para Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern, PSG y United que firmó el delantero en su contrato.

El Manchester City le ofrece a Gabriel Jesús un contrato por cinco temporadas y la posibilidad de quedarse hasta 2017 en el Palmeiras, tal y como desea el futbolista. A pesar de todo, en Italia dan por hecho que el jugador ha firmado ya un precontrato con el Real Madrid para convertirse en futbolista blanco para los próximos años. De momento, no hay nada oficial ni con uno ni con otro equipo.

Lo que está claro es que el Real Madrid tendrá que pelear duro si no quiere que se le escape otra perla del mercado brasileño. En los últimos tiempos, el club blanco ha visto cómo algún jugador interesante se le escapaba, aunque también hace año y medio logró el fichaje de Lucas Silva. En Concha Espina esperan que Gabriel Jesús funcione desde el primer día en que dé el salto al fútbol europeo.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:24 am

it's more like you believe every article you read like gospel so you "opinion" changes everyday lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:43 am

futbol_bill wrote:That Gabriel Jesus deal was done yesterday for 30M. But he won't come here until next season (2017-2018)

"Here"?! Where are you at Bill? Manchester?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:34 am

i understand what sportczy is saying, and he's right in some respects.
as for this gabi kid, i'm not interested.madrid isn't the place to develop young talent, hasn't been for years, you're going to spend that kind of money you best make sure we don't end up with another odegaard, canales type of situation. i don't care if all the top clubs want him, there will always be new young talent coming out....i doubt we're really looking into that. hell, let him earn his stripes somewhere else, and if he's good enough to break bank, then break bank. don't bring the poor kid here and have him turn into canales
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:45 am

vanDEEZ wrote:
sportsczy wrote:You guys are completely misreading Real Madrid and Barca's current standing.  Until this season, they could outbid and outpay pretty much anyone and that got them a lot of players to even sit on the bench...  now, we're just one of the pack in terms of elite teams.

Now if you're going to be a starter at Real Madrid and we can pay you as much as the other elite teams, then we have an advantage most times unless Barca is in the hunt as well.  Like it or not, Barca has caught up with us in terms of emotional appeal to players since many of these kids today have watched Barca in its prime.

Sports, I gotta say that I think you are underestimating the pull we have had in the past. It's not just this season that we are with the elite in that regard.  We have had Isco, and James both on the bench for crying out loud lol.

I can't think of an instance in recent history where RM made clear intentions about a player who didn't end up coming- apart from Neymar and I think that was more due to Perez trying to force the issue tbh.

We gave them the highest wages...  City was not an elite club (still isn't imo) and that was the only other club giving Isco that kind of wage offer.  With James...  we just outbid everyone and, again, we gave James crazy wages.

My point is that neither Madrid nor Barca can grossly outbid other top clubs in terms of fee or wages.  FFP is gone mostly.  EPL has crazy money and you have 7-8 clubs that can pay for anyone they want as opposed to 3-4.

Man U, City, Chelsea, Bayern, PSG, Madrid and Barca can literally sign anyone for any price. Heck, about 4-5 other EPL clubs can do it too but just aren't in the elite status.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:50 am

I'll add that kids are getting smarter nowadays. You have someone like Dembele who refused elite clubs because he knew he'd play more and get exposure at Dortmund.

I think we're entering an age where super-clubs are going to get more diluted as the talent starts being spread more. The way it should be imo. I'd rather have 7-8 clubs that can compete as opposed to 3-4.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:49 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:it's more like you believe every article you read like gospel so you "opinion" changes everyday lol

and Nick is this Nacho to Roma your opinion or some reliable journalist?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:50 am

85m bid for james... Why havent we gotten rid of him yet?

Many variables change with time. Many clubs are attractive these days. Money talks as well as recent exploits. With regards to us, I see no change. Still the top dog around. All these inferiors doing their transfers right now... Do so in order to play catch up with us or to better their own situation right now.

My only concerns are when we are getting rid of James and Casemiro's backup. I trust our current crop provided they don't start acting entitled and lazy.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:36 am

futbol_bill wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:it's more like you believe every article you read like gospel so you "opinion" changes everyday lol

and Nick is this Nacho to Roma your opinion or some reliable journalist?

Actually it was coming from Sabattini himself... Roma manager you know him?

Spalletti tiene atado a Nacho
"¿Nacho? Admito que llega, no voy a dar nombres, Walter Sabatini me transmite sensaciones positivas. A esta Roma le falta un defensa seguro. Lo estamos buscando y lo ficharemos".

Egg on face?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:24 pm

There's a point I'd like to bring up because I heard it from someone very close to the whole thing:  There's a power struggle between Zidane and traditional advisors of Flo.  Namely, those advisors fear that Flo would push them aside if Zidane gets his way too much.  They're using Pogba as their battleground.

Zidane wants Pogba at all cost... and I mean all cost.  Flo's advisors are telling him otherwise.  When Flo initially said the price is too much to Zidane, Zidane was very angry but played it cool.  He allowed the club to look at other alternatives.  BUT, he never got personally involved in those other transfers.  By staying passive, he was sending a message to Flo and those other advisors...  and it's actually hurt our mercato.  Zidane not personally talking to these guys and making them feel welcome creates doubt because, in the past, he's always acted as that player link in our transfers.  He helped recruit Varane, Bale, James, Isco, etc.

So now, I've heard that Flo is leaning back towards Zidane because his advisors' plans have mostly failed.  Nothing has fallen in place and Flo feels like the club is starting look bad.  What does that mean?  Pogba is back in play and Zidane is personally involved in this one.

At least that's what I heard.  It may be too late though.  We'll see.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:41 pm

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 15 CoCFGPCW8AAneBq?format=jpg&name=large

AS cover
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:56 pm

AS have always insisted that we are after Pogba. Probably the least reliable source about RM rumours after the Barca based papers. Will never forget the Falcao to RM runours they created which turned out to be conplete bollocks
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:13 pm

Yeah but in this case, it has nothing to do with media rumors or AS...  Real Madrid are not after Pogba.  But Zidane is.  It makes common sense too.  If Man U was the only club involved, the deal would have been done last week.  They're willing to pay whatever Juve and Pogba want.  But Pogba and Raiola are playing delay tactics.

Doesn't mean Real Madrid will get him because Flo likes to build consensus with his board of directors before acting.  Right now, there is no consensus so there is some hesitation.  At some point, Pogba won't be able to wait any longer.

The point is things aren't so rosy with Zidane.  He's involved in a battle for power with the traditional Flo cronies.  The only difference from the past is that Zidane has enough political capital and influence to get his way while the other managers at Madrid couldn't.  

This is pretty significant...  Zidane is trying to wrestle the power away from the bureaucrats and put it back with the football people, which is how it should be.  But will Flo go for it?  It depends if it's to his political benefit.  We'll see.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next