EURO 2016 Final: Portugal vs France

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Re: EURO 2016 Final: Portugal vs France

Post by FennecFox7 on Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:02 pm

@Valkyrja wrote:
@FennecFox7 wrote:I'm so disappointed in pogba. He's just not elite. Period. He's a good player but not great. His off the ball movement, tenacity and decision making suck dick.

I don't care if he's 6'2 and technical. he's not fast at all either. Seriously, I have my money on modric being faster


he's 6'3 and can't pass for shit. And yes he's fast but on long distances, he has slow acceleration. when it comes to midfield play modric and kroos are both superior by quite a margin I'd say. they just know the game better.


Not even that fast either way. He has stamina, but I'm pretty sure Ronaldo is still faster. Pogba is on par with khedira pace wise (which who, I would not mind at all back in Madrid). Except khedira is much stronger, and is a class above him. He has a lot to learn.

FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Posts : 6291
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: EURO 2016 Final: Portugal vs France

Post by LeBéninois on Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:32 pm

Why is Pogba being compared to Khedira ?

Against Portugal, he had less freedom than Matuidi and it's excatly what he needs. He was playing too deep.

_________________
"Form is temporary 4th is permanent" Arsene Wenger
avatar
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 3980
Join date : 2011-06-09

Back to top Go down

Re: EURO 2016 Final: Portugal vs France

Post by chad4401 on Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:52 am

Anytime I watched pogba he doesn't do enough midfielding for me, being talented and tall is cool but that ain't enough when games are really tight, still not impressed by him especially at that price and salary, he has a long way to go.

Sports Proud

_________________
avatar
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 4077
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: EURO 2016 Final: Portugal vs France

Post by LeBéninois on Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:39 pm

@chad4401 wrote:Anytime I watched pogba he doesn't do enough midfielding for me, being talented and tall is cool but that ain't enough when games are really tight, still not impressed by him especially at that price and salary, he has a long way to go.

Sports Proud


Of course he has a long way to go. He's 23 Laughing

_________________
"Form is temporary 4th is permanent" Arsene Wenger
avatar
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 3980
Join date : 2011-06-09

Back to top Go down

Re: EURO 2016 Final: Portugal vs France

Post by Valkyrja on Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:44 pm

@FennecFox7 wrote:
@Valkyrja wrote:
@FennecFox7 wrote:I'm so disappointed in pogba. He's just not elite. Period. He's a good player but not great. His off the ball movement, tenacity and decision making suck dick.

I don't care if he's 6'2 and technical. he's not fast at all either. Seriously, I have my money on modric being faster


he's 6'3 and can't pass for shit. And yes he's fast but on long distances, he has slow acceleration. when it comes to midfield play modric and kroos are both superior by quite a margin I'd say. they just know the game better.


Not even that fast either way. He has stamina, but I'm pretty sure Ronaldo is still faster. Pogba is on par with khedira pace wise (which who, I would not mind at all back in Madrid). Except khedira is much stronger, and is a class above him. He has a lot to learn.


Ronaldo is obviously faster. kovacic is also faster imo.

_________________
avatar
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 10595
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Re: EURO 2016 Final: Portugal vs France

Post by jibers on Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:51 pm

@LeBéninois wrote:Why is Pogba being compared to Khedira ?

Against Portugal, he had less freedom than Matuidi and it's excatly what he needs. He was playing too deep.


Very strange criticisms in this thread. Would be the equivalent of asking Iniesta to play as a holder then wondering why he wasn't 'playing well'. Not saying Pogba is close to Iniesta's level just using it as an example before I'm attacked by some idiot that has 0 reading comprehension skills.

_________________
avatar
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 10084
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: EURO 2016 Final: Portugal vs France

Post by Tomwin Lannister on Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:55 pm

Like I said during the game, I could have told u that Pogba was a bang average DM a long time ago. Not sure why this is such a revelation as if he's been *bleep* exposed.

He's a pretty average wing back too in case anybody is considering buying him to play there

_________________




Luke Harper wrote:We are the ones... the ones that you've been told about. And WE... are walking upright.

Studying about those good ol' days and who shall wear, the starry crown gooood lawd. Show me the waaaaay.

Unbeaten 2011/2012.


:bow: :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:
avatar
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 26819
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 77

Back to top Go down

Re: EURO 2016 Final: Portugal vs France

Post by futbol on Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:56 pm

Meh. Iniesta was put in the same holding role in the 2006 CL final at Pogba's age and owned the game and created the equalizer with his passing. Not a good example. :coffee:

_________________
"The shape looks good."


futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle
Posts : 10435
Join date : 2012-11-23

Back to top Go down

Re: EURO 2016 Final: Portugal vs France

Post by LeBéninois on Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:00 pm

@jibers wrote:
@LeBéninois wrote:Why is Pogba being compared to Khedira ?

Against Portugal, he had less freedom than Matuidi and it's excatly what he needs. He was playing too deep.


Very strange criticisms in this thread. Would be the equivalent of asking Iniesta to play as a holder then wondering why he wasn't 'playing well'. Not saying Pogba is close to Iniesta's level just using it as an example before I'm attacked by some idiot that has 0 reading comprehension skills.


Exactly. People just like to pin down any player they think is '' overrated '' . It's getting boring. France played a system to get the best out Griezmann and this system was a new one that the coach used because Kanté got yellow-carded.
Blaise Matuidi had more freedom than Pogba , I still can't believe it. After the 60' or 70' I'd have put Kanté on and freed Pogba.

_________________
"Form is temporary 4th is permanent" Arsene Wenger
avatar
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 3980
Join date : 2011-06-09

Back to top Go down

Re: EURO 2016 Final: Portugal vs France

Post by LeBéninois on Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:04 pm

@futbol wrote:Meh. Iniesta was put in the same holding role in the 2006 CL final at Pogba's age and owned the game and created the equalizer with his passing. Not a good example. :coffee:


Different situation :

1- Barca's level in 2006 was superior to France's level (not a surpise club > NT in terms of level)

2- More so, Barca was against 10 men defendingwith and had probably more than 65% possesion .


_________________
"Form is temporary 4th is permanent" Arsene Wenger
avatar
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 3980
Join date : 2011-06-09

Back to top Go down

Re: EURO 2016 Final: Portugal vs France

Post by rincon on Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:12 pm

Some Madrid fans are specially blind and bring up the strangest type of comments. I know that fennec knows his stuff, so I wonder why Pogba arouses this ridiculous comparisons.

Watching him play DM and berating his skills... Seeing him play the most constrained midfield role and complaining about shown sprinting speed...

His "tenacity" sucks, he is as slow as Khedira, slower than Modric and Kovacic, and somehow weaker than glassman Khedira. Thats right, 1.91m Pogba who fights it out and plays a very physical game, using his body and strength as a staple of his game, is weaker than Khedira...

I don't even have the energy to debunk so many absurd claims. One must get extra blinded by seeing the white shirts in the sun every week or something.
avatar
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 11348
Join date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

Re: EURO 2016 Final: Portugal vs France

Post by futbol on Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:21 pm

It's the insane hype that irks people. Pogba is a great talent and I'd like to have him at Barca but I don't see anything Pogba is better at than Yaya Touré was in his prime. Physicality, passing, playmaking, scoring, versatility. Yaya trumps him at everything. Could hold his own as a CB (Laughing) in a CL final against one of the best Manchester United teams of all time as well as push forward as a #10 and drive forward the entire offense of his team at City. Yet I don't remember anyone ever hyping Yaya up as a 100M generational talent. Laughing Can't wait for sports to explain why Pogba is 10 times the player that prime Yaya was, once he shows up again in a few weeks.

_________________
"The shape looks good."


futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle
Posts : 10435
Join date : 2012-11-23

Back to top Go down

Re: EURO 2016 Final: Portugal vs France

Post by Tomwin Lannister on Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Except the people 'hyping' up prices are agents and the club. So if you're pissed because a club and a players agent hypes up their own player then I don't know what to say.

Doesn't matter if Pogbas 'actual worth' (whatever the hell that is) is £50 or £200,000,000. What he goes for is the be all and end all of the conversation.


If I'm worth £10,000,000,000 and I want to spend £500,000 on a bottle of water then it's worth that to me. Mr John Smith sitting at home who takes no part in the deal doesn't agree with me. But he's irrelevant. It's not his money, it's not his player, it's not his club.

_________________




Luke Harper wrote:We are the ones... the ones that you've been told about. And WE... are walking upright.

Studying about those good ol' days and who shall wear, the starry crown gooood lawd. Show me the waaaaay.

Unbeaten 2011/2012.


:bow: :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:
avatar
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 26819
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 77

Back to top Go down

Re: EURO 2016 Final: Portugal vs France

Post by LeBéninois on Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:28 pm

@futbol wrote:It's the insane hype that irks people. Pogba is a great talent and I'd like to have him at Barca but I don't see anything Pogba is better at than Yaya Touré was in his prime. Physicality, passing, playmaking, scoring, versatility. Yaya trumps him at everything. Could hold his own as a CB (Laughing) in a CL final against one of the best Manchester United teams of all time as well as push forward as a #10 and drive forward the entire offense of his team at City. Yet I don't remember anyone ever hyping Yaya up as a 100M generational talent. Laughing Can't wait for sports to explain why Pogba is 10 times the player that prime Yaya was, once he shows up again in a few weeks.


Of course he's far from being at prime Yaya's level. but Pogba is not in his prime tha't the thing. I can't see the future but at the same age Yaya was an unknown player having played in Belgium and Greece.

_________________
"Form is temporary 4th is permanent" Arsene Wenger
avatar
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 3980
Join date : 2011-06-09

Back to top Go down

Re: EURO 2016 Final: Portugal vs France

Post by rincon on Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:29 pm

When did being worse than prime Yaya become an insult for midfielders? Yaya was an absolute beast, he really could do everything and was also huge. The only problems with Yaya were attitude and speed (which is fine since he was a tank). That said Pogba is the closest to Yaya there is and is only 23. He is Yaya + faster + dribbling + team player - defensive game. And obviously less polished than the finished Yaya.

Watch out though, people are about to say that Yaya is weaker than Coentrao.
avatar
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 11348
Join date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

Re: EURO 2016 Final: Portugal vs France

Post by farfan on Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:35 pm

I clearly remember Barça fans not even knowing who Yaya touré was when Barça signed him . Laughing
avatar
farfan
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City
Posts : 4459
Join date : 2013-05-30

Back to top Go down

Re: EURO 2016 Final: Portugal vs France

Post by titosantill on Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:17 pm

i think we need to put this thing in perspective. the transfer fee is what it is, people have overspent on talent...even us, i still don't see bale as worth 100 mil, you can't miss as many games as he does if we're signing you for that price. obviously neither do i see james as worth the fee. the fee is the fee, many things are taken into account before clubs and agents come into those valuations, whether right or wrong

two, pogba had a poor final, so too griezmann, it looked like they were afraid of taking any risks and just settled for keeping it simple. but let's get something straight, he's 23, not in his prime. diego was in his mid to late 20s in 86, zidane mid to late 20s in 98, same with ronaldo in 02, romario in 94, and so on....i think you guys expect way too much from this kid, and that's also in part due to how some have hyped him on here, so i can understand the backlash...i mean i've seen threads compare him to zidane (Even though different positions) and what not, so its understandable that when he comes up short we have a go at him

but its not going to change how much juve value him at. even if france exited in the first round, juve would still ask for what it is they're asking for. cristiano had an extremely poor world cup, did little to his valuation, suarez had the episode he had at the world cup and still went for the price he did. whether we like it or not, juve and his manager have made their feelings known on how much they wish to sell him for....and if people don't like it, they'll gladly keep him
avatar
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Posts : 3538
Join date : 2013-09-22

Back to top Go down

Re: EURO 2016 Final: Portugal vs France

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:36 pm

@farfan wrote:I clearly remember Barça fans not even knowing who Yaya touré was when Barça signed him . Laughing


What's wrong with that? very few people did at the time as he was playing for Monaco and Olympiakos Laughing

At the time the only thing i knew about him is how Kolo Toure said he was better than him lol.

_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 63966
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: EURO 2016 Final: Portugal vs France

Post by farfan on Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:48 pm

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
@farfan wrote:I clearly remember Barça fans  not  even knowing who Yaya touré  was when Barça signed him . Laughing


What's wrong with that? very few people did at the time as he was playing for Monaco and Olympiakos Laughing

At the time the only thing i knew about him is how Kolo Toure said he was better than him lol.


Nothing wrong with that.  Just reminding   those who compare Pogba to Prime Touré that at age 23,  Yaya was a virtual unknwon and  probably far from being a finished product himself .
avatar
farfan
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City
Posts : 4459
Join date : 2013-05-30

Back to top Go down

Re: EURO 2016 Final: Portugal vs France

Post by FennecFox7 on Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:59 pm

Just trolling rincon. I was pretty blazed writing that. But serious, I don't think we need him as much at Madrid. Although I wouldn't mind, just dont think we should splash an insane amount of money on him.

I don't think he's that physical either. More of a finesse player from what I've seen.

_________________

FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6291
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: EURO 2016 Final: Portugal vs France

Post by breva on Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:46 pm

He was being played in the wrong role and wrong position with France. He is a box-to-box attacking midfielder, not a DM. No way to evaluate him at the Euros.
avatar
breva
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1840
Join date : 2015-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: EURO 2016 Final: Portugal vs France

Post by Adit on Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:14 pm

He played group games at b2b with Kante being the DM and got benched for being awful. Let's be real here he isn't anywhere near the hype. A very good player who has athletism of sissoko but nowhere near the cream of the crop.


_________________
#WEAREALLTAXFRAUDS
avatar
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach
Posts : 9243
Join date : 2011-06-06

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Re: EURO 2016 Final: Portugal vs France

Post by RealGunner on Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:57 pm

Hope Sports is ok
avatar
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 80002
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: EURO 2016 Final: Portugal vs France

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:48 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbeJ-E5JC60

Laughing

_________________
•Proud fan of the biggest and most prestigious club in the world•
El Rey de Europa
avatar
The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 3558
Join date : 2015-01-25

Back to top Go down

Re: EURO 2016 Final: Portugal vs France

Post by Turok_TTZ on Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:17 am

Conan is one unfunny wanker.
Prefer Letterman and Ferguson when they were around tbh.

_________________
avatar
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 2186
Join date : 2011-06-05

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Re: EURO 2016 Final: Portugal vs France

Post by sportsczy on Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:43 pm

Great strategy by Portugal..  park the bus for all of the regular time and pray that France have a clumsy day, which they did.  Since it was a less than 72 hour turnaround for France from the intense semis against Germany, they were dead on their feet come overtime and Portugal scored a fluky goal.

That's football.  I would commend Portugal if they showed initiative even a little bit on counter attacks during the first 90 mins...  but they didn't.  Other than a set piece or two, it was absolute garbage from them.

UEFA's scheduling of the final won Portugal the game along with France's clumsiness.

I think Deschamps should be criticized a ton more for playing Pogba in the position that he did (DM) and making Matuidi more the attacking B2B. Also, he should never, ever have played Gignac after the crappy showings so far. Martial deserved more of a chance. But he won't get called out for it.

_________________
avatar
sportsczy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 17049
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

Re: EURO 2016 Final: Portugal vs France

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum