RealGunner
El Gunner
Freeza
14 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Night Of || HBO - Page 2 Empty Re: The Night Of || HBO

Post by McAgger Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:08 am

I also watched Project Almanac for the same reason as Freeza. And do concur that the chick was hot.

Also IN on this. Gonna watch the pilot today.

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:32 pm

So really enjoyed that pilot. Has the making of a good show.

Naz made a lot of dumb mistakes that are unrealistic in real life.

Spoiler:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:42 pm

None of them were dumb mistakes. From his point of view, he did what most irrational introverts would do, which he was. He was pretty much seduced by her mysterious persona. From his background and the way he was brought up. He just wanted to 'live a little'.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:51 pm

I don't think they were that unrealistic. I'd suck a fart out of that girl's unwashed ear.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:52 pm

https://media.giphy.com/media/cbG9wtoO8QScw/giphy.gif
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:57 pm

Cmon, prior to finding the girl dead his decisions were totally dumb and unrealistic. Nobody would do all of those things.

After him waking up, I have no qualms, because the shock of the situation and still being under the influence explains his decisions.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:11 pm

Anyways, show is very suspenseful and the pacing and score fits it beautifully. Really like it and I have plenty of questions.

The guy at the gas station. The motorcycle guy. The black dude that gave him the death stare when his buddy called him towelhead(?), his friend later claimed at the station that he was alone so trying to hide the fact that this death glare guy was there. Plenty questions about the girl who clearly seemed suicidal or scared of something.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:14 pm

Yup. I hope they can do an anthology so something like this every season.

Think they wanted to re-create something like TD season 1.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:02 pm

I hope not. A new story every season is a tough task. Evidenced by the debacle of TD. If Night Of decide to go the same route of TD then I can see it becoming another tedious pretentious and extremely dry tv show just like its predecessor. Fargo was a success mainly cos of sarcastic black humor approach they took. Also the source material written by the Coens were so good. You could just feel the world and the characters they created in the film had so much more to offer in terms of new storylines.

Anyway watched the 2nd episode. Was decent. Tight flawless screenplay like the 1st one. Nothing really happened tho as far as the story is concerned. Felt as if they were setting the stage for grander things to occur in the future episodes which is fine. Acting once again was really beautiful from everyone.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:12 am

I don't know who the director is but this show really has phenomenal directing and cinematography. Some of the scenes were really well shot. Specially the scene of Naz going to the prison.

Really liked the 2nd episode despite not much happening. The level of realism is great to see. Thought his parents were amazing.

Tom yates though Laughing Thought it was quite weird of him to deny that was Andrea and then say it was her. Not saying he is a suspect because I doubt it but that was definitely weird.

I don't think Box is a bad guy in this. He doesn't think Naz did it either but he has to do his job and all the evidence is pointing towards Naz. He is desperate to find the motive which he doesn't understand.

Unfortunately the way this seems to be going. I don't think Naz will have a happy ending. I think he will be charged and sentenced. They might show us what really happened at some point but I just can't see him getting out of this with the way this show is going. Too much realism for a happy ending.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:49 pm

RG wrote:Unfortunately the way this seems to be going. I don't think Naz will have a happy ending. I think he will be charged and sentenced. They might show us what really happened at some point but I just can't see him getting out of this with the way this show is going. Too much realism for a happy ending.

Felt the same way near the end of that episode
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:30 pm

That Box fellow looked like very similar to Healy from Orange is the New Black. I mean their characters. Both have straight innocent faces. Both are extremely helping and do things with good intentions. But if shit starts to go wrong their dark sides will be extremely dark. I can see a similar character arc to the guy.

I hope this doesnt become just another prison drama though eventhough its one of my most favorite genres, lately I have been seeing that shit a lot even to the extent slowly its becoming an overkill of sorts.

Anyway agree with both of you that its chartering a grim and depression laden path.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:12 pm

Prison will play a part but it's not a prison drama. We'll most likely see how Naz will be treated by the other inmates once they find out that an 'arab' killed a 'white girl'.

Hope we see more of hightower lol.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:24 pm

Don't think that Box character is nice at all. Seems like a straight c'unt. Giving him that Harvard shirt on to get him beaten was a really unethical move and we'll probably see him get abused because of it. I could see him getting killed in prison and then they find the real killer. Maybe that's too dramatic though.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:28 pm

I didn't understand why wearing the harvard shirt made him an instant target. Read few posts saying that too. Is it because of the uni lol?

Box has done a lot of *bleep* things and probably is being showed as a bad cop manipulator but I don't think he wants to put the blame on Naz on purpose. The title subtle beast was apt.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:40 pm

RealGunner wrote:I didn't understand why wearing the harvard shirt made him an instant target. Read few posts saying that too. Is it because of the uni lol?

Box has done a lot of *bleep* things and probably is being showed as a bad cop manipulator but I don't think he wants to put the blame on Naz on purpose. The title subtle beast was apt.

Probably because Harvard is the most well know Unit in the world, which means privelege and being born with a silver spoon. That's not something people from poor neighborhoods value too much.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:51 pm

Ep 3

That end scene ffs.

I actually have no idea where this is going.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:06 am

Wish this was a netflix show. Just watched all the eps so far. As always with these sorts of shows I'll notice a fairly 'big' actor/actress that seemingly has a minor role which means they'll obviously have a bigger impact somewhere down the line. If I had to guess right now I'd say the girl's step father had something to do with it, I'd say it'll probably turn out that he's racist and killed her in a fit of rage after going to her place and seeing she was with an 'arab' hmm although that begs the question why he wouldn't have killed Nasir, maybe he started with her and then calmed down halfway through and left. IDK. At least the 'who did it' angle isn't the only thing this has going for it so I won't be disappointed if it's something fairly predictable like that.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:22 am

Can't see it being Tom yates. But he did look fishy. There is something off about the case from minute 1 tbh.

No one seems to have a motive. Whatever happened didn't have anything to do with Naz and he was just at the wrong place imo.

Read a theory that Andrea staged everything herself and placed someone else's body there. That's why her stepdad couldn't recognise her. Too far fetched but interesting.

Not sure if murder/mystery is actually the main point. What I've noticed is how they are trying hard to make this as realistic as possible with everyone's acting and reactions etc.

Sometimes it's so obvious Nas(Riz Ahmed) is from London lol. It's hard to pull an American accent with dat london tone.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:26 am

He's a fairly big actor, had some decent roles in House of Cards and Boardwalk so I can't see him just appearing for the couple of scenes he was in as her father tbh

Just read some theory that Stone did it because of her cat being familiar with him and the fact 'he's allergic'  to them which could be aggravating his feet which they focus on so much, I guess he could have met her since she supposedly had a lot of history with the police since her step dad said he isn't dealing with it again or w/e hmm also they kept emphasizing how he was in the right place at the right time when he decided to take on Naz' case hmm I thought it was ridiculous at first but now I'm typing it out I could see it hmm Maybe she seduced him too hmm and he became obsessed with her/it was a crime of passion hmm
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:31 am

anyway I'm down for the ride, love the directing and suspense, seems really dark, the True Detective season 2 we deserved Molenation

and yeah I agree, I wouldn't be shocked if we never find out what actually happened. It seems like they're trying to realistically depict how something like this affects the lives of everyone involved and would play out.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:37 am

Stones has the nice guy vibe coming from him though lol. Think he will continue helping Naz. Or he will try to blackmail his family into letting him be back on the case or else he would sue Salim for that taxi thing.

I think the cat incident will actually make Stones realise that the back door was open that night and can't be locked.

Speaking of which, the cat being in shelter amongst dogs was an unreal symbolism of Naz being in prison. Even the 10 days left to gas thing. I didn't put that together till i read it but that was clever.

Box looking at those pics of Nasir 99% knew he didn't do it but he is too logical to get his feeling come over evidence.

If it really is Stones then it's going to be that twist from Heavy Rain Laughing

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:39 am

That guy in Prison trying to help Nasir (read he is Omar from The Wire). No idea what his motives are.

Show is filled with amazing actors even the lesser known ones.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:47 am

All actors in this show are well-known character actors tbh. Most HBO shows are at this point. Omar and Bodie from the Wire Proud It's good to do that which keeps us guessing.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:48 am

Bodie looks exactly the same age as he did in the wire rofl tbh so does Omar. Black don't crack indeed.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:58 am

Man this show's suspense is so beautiful.

The symbolism with the cat going into the pound and Naz Proud

The female lawyer obviously has a different angle, probably the scope of this case being so huge she wants that fame. Kicking Stone to the curb like that damn.

Wonder what Omar wants with Naz. but I love the realism of the prison scene, damn. I would be scared shitless if it was me.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum: