RealGunner
rincon
Pedram
Mr Nick09
Harmonica
49 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Ballon d'Or race 2016: Ronaldo wins the Ballon d'Or - Page 6 Empty Re: Ballon d'Or race 2016: Ronaldo wins the Ballon d'Or

Post by Myesyats Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:40 pm

Harmonica wrote:1. Messi
2. Suarez
3. Neymar
4. Griezman
5. Zlatan

I think that's the correct top 5 currently.

Zlatan? rofl

Messi will win it. He's the best individual in the game.

Also, wasn't the name of this award changed to something else other than Balon d'Or??

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Ballon d'Or race 2016: Ronaldo wins the Ballon d'Or - Page 6 Empty Re: Ballon d'Or race 2016: Ronaldo wins the Ballon d'Or

Post by Winter is Coming Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:41 pm

If the award was fair it'd be a difficult decision.

Ronaldo has scored a lot of goals + CL + Euro

Messi has scored a lot of goals + Liga + Copa + Copa final

Suarez is the top scorer + Liga + Copa + Golden Boot

Griezmann has good amount of stats also + runner up in CL and Euro
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:43 pm

Myesyats wrote:
Harmonica wrote:1. Messi
2. Suarez
3. Neymar
4. Griezman
5. Zlatan

I think that's the correct top 5 currently.

Zlatan? rofl

Messi will win it. He's the best individual in the game.

Also, wasn't the name of this award changed to something else other than Balon d'Or??
Well you can change Zlatan to somebody else, I don't feel too strong about it.

It changed from Fifa Ballon d'Or to Ballon d'Or, and I also think Fifa is going to revert back to their own Fifa World Player Of Year.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:48 pm

Anything other than griezeman will be an epic fraud tbh.. Infact, I will difinitely do a kayne west on the ceremony if griezeman doesn't win this one.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:17 pm

Harmonica wrote:Why are everyone thinking what it will be? Give your own opinion who it should be lmao.

1) Cristiano
2) Ronaldo
3) El Commandante
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:29 pm

Yea IMO it should be

1) Ronaldo
2) Pepe
3) Griezmann
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:32 pm

RealGunner wrote:Yea IMO it should be

1) Ronaldo
2) Pepe
3) Griezmann
Please pass the pipe to the next one. Laughing
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:34 pm

http://www.francefootball.fr/news/Ballon-d-or-france-football-2016-parmi-la-liste-des-30-selon-vous-qui-merite-le-plus-de-s-imposer/740155

260k votes

1. Messi (45%)
2. Fakenaldo (24%)
3. Mahrez (20%)

Dem immigrant votes.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:58 am

Ronaldo
Messi
who cares

Euro's and CL decided it for ronaldo (doesn't matter how little he did for the wins)
messi would have to score hat tricks against every big side he faces until december to even have a chance.. along with ronaldo keep failing to score..
which wont happen.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:18 am

Donuts wrote:Ronaldo
Messi
who cares

Euro's and CL decided it for ronaldo (doesn't matter how little he did for the wins)
messi would have to score hat tricks against every big side he faces until december to even have a chance.. along with ronaldo keep failing to score..
which wont happen.

Well, I wouldn't be surprised at all if his scoring rate will be far lower than his usual standard, once the season ends. Apart from his finishing having been poor lately, his work rate and decision-making have too. I don't doubt that his finishing will improve, but it seems that he's struggling to accept that he's becoming older and less capable in certain areas. It was the same when he kept attempting to hopelessly dribble past defenders after it had become fairly obvious to everyone else that his pace and ability to react had declined significantly.

His athleticism is still quite extraordinary, but he'll never perform optimally, as long as he doesn't play to his strengths. Messi has adapted brilliantly with age, limiting his dribbling in favor of utilizing his playmaking talent more. I think C. Ronaldo has too much pride/ego to completely devote himself to a play style that would mean blatantly admitting that he's not only past his peak, but at a point in his career where he can no longer realistically be relied upon to be the focal point in an attack that's been traditionally expected to be dynamic.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:43 pm

Even Madrid fans admit it. :bow:

Ballon d'Or race 2016: Ronaldo wins the Ballon d'Or - Page 6 11220904_1168419946579350_2022396680348449721_n
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:18 pm

Admit what? Donut hit the nail on the head, cr is winning it regardless of your endless stats or his poor form this season.

madrid fans always turncoat at the slightest signs of trouble, they have no loyalty towards players unless their hot atm or club legends cliché talk.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:29 pm

my humble 2 cents.

Best players 2nd half of last season in leagues = Griezeman and Suarez have to be up there from what I remember in La Liga. Ronaldo and Messi were obviously both good, but I think both weren't up to their own standards but still stood out of course and still deserve to be mentioned. For the other leagues, Lewandowski, Mahrez and really no one else should really be up there with the guys I mentioned (if I remember correctly, I'm going off memory not actual stats). Should be noted Griezmean was voted player of the season in La Liga, while Suarez was the top scorer and Messi won best forward, per La Ligas ridiculous awards.

In the Champions League Barca clearly fell apart and were out early'ish. Ronaldo scored the most goals so he should get recognized for that. Griezeman didn't score as many, but scored some very decisive goals against some very dangerous teams. For the UCL, I would say these 2 should get noticed as one won the whole thing while the other was runner up.

During the summer cups, everyone will remember Messi missing the shot but through out the entire tournament in the matches he played he was on absolute fire and was a huge key in his team reaching the finals and also was amazing in the final even with Chile hounding him down. But yes, everyone will say it was a watered down tournament and that he missed the most important shot of the game. Suarez didn't even play due to injury. Ronaldo, to no fault of his own, had a stupid easy group and the easier road to the finals and yet was not decisive at all in the groups and under his guidance his country couldn't win a single game in regulation time, and didn't even feature in the final. Never the less, he did win the tournament though by no means would I say any forward for Portugal should be named as the most important player, for a team that got to the finals and won on defense (Pepe was the most important player for Portugal by a long shot). Griezeman scored some huge goals again in the knock out stages just like he did for Atletico, against big teams.

This season it's again Griezeman leading Atletico to a great start, while Messi has been in ridiculous form getting what seems like a brace of either goals or assists (plus a single goal/assist) per game. Meanwhile Ronaldo has done squat, which is very reminiscent of his form of the Euros and even the UCL final.

So taking these factors into play...

Griezeman, Messi, Ronaldo and Suarez should easily be the final 4. IF FIFA wanted to break the Messi/Ronaldo dominance, this would be the year to do it and give it to Griezeman, even though Messi imo still has a strong case should he continue his current form into December. Ronaldo hasn't really done crap in a while now, and if he won it it would strictly be for him being the most popular on sides that won trophies. Not because he was the best player for those sides. I would even argue Suarez is a better/equal player to Ronaldo at this point, and that's not a diss on Ronaldo I just think Suarez was always a tier under him, and Ronaldo's current form I think has seen him fall a tier down (which equals or goes under Suarez's tier).

That said, I know voters don't take any of that shit into account and will think, "Ronaldo won the champions league and euros, so he is the best player in the world!". Which I think is ridiculous, given Wesley Scheijder nor Xavi/Iniesta never won the tournament and they had a similar cases in 2010, and those 3 actually WERE on fire through the entire season or in the summer tournaments unlike Ronaldo. And yet they still lost out on the award to the player people perceived as the best even though he didn't have the titles that season (Messi). So what I am getting at it is, it's a stupid ass popularity contest that people don't put any thought into. If they did, no way Ronaldo would win it.

I will say this, if Ronaldo continues his current crap form, and Messi and Griezeman continue the hot form they are in don't be surprised if Ronaldo doesn't win it, even with his titles won. Didn't something similar happen to him in the past when he won with Utd, but then in the 2nd half of the year Messi went on a tear and Messi ended up winning it (or was it the other way around? My memory sucks LOL)
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:47 am

Ballon d'Or race 2016: Ronaldo wins the Ballon d'Or - Page 6 14671186_713655898792758_3371689130595616999_n

Luckily for Fakenaldo they didn't add Euro's, or he would be out of top 5. Even whoscored tries to fake Fakenaldo's performances. rofl
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:48 am

Amazing how many corporations are funded by Perez. The other day my baker told me he thinks Ronaldo should win the award. I left the bakery in disgust.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:50 am

Sanchez 8th. hmm
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:15 am

Won Coppa america and finished 2nd in the league but not in the list Sad

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:28 am

Mahrez on the shortlist Proud
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:35 pm

RealGunner wrote:Amazing how many corporations are funded by Perez. The other day my baker told me he thinks Ronaldo should win the award. I left the bakery in disgust.
There's a difference of trying fake things to appeal a fanbase, and full on corrupted bias by Perez co. If Perez owned whoscored like he owns goal.com and others, he would modify the functions so that Fakenaldo was the best, it would easily be achieved if they weighted like missed shots most. But here they are just trying to appeal kids placing Fakenaldo in Top 3, by not including most important competition, which Fakenaldo absolutely flopped.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:50 pm

Sweet jesus you are either the most committed troll I've ever seen or....
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:04 pm

Paolo Maldini: "Ballon d'Or should be awarded to the best player, not to who won more trophies without being a hero. Messi deserves it."
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:11 pm

lol Pogba 4th Laughing

Doesn't second half of 2016 count Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:08 pm

The Last Ballon d'Or to be awarded. Next time we'll only have the "The Best FIFA Football Awards™" which will be even more of a popularity contest as half of the vote will be decided by the fans.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:14 pm

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:23 pm

Ronaldo will be reigning Ballon D'Or winner for eternity :bow:
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:23 pm

rwo power wrote:The Last Ballon d'Or to be awarded. Next time we'll only have the "The Best FIFA Football Awards™️" which will be even more of a popularity contest as half of the vote will be decided by the fans.

What? The Ballon d''or has nothing to do with fifa. France football have reverted back to their original format. Noone gaf about fifas award that's why they merged with France football Laughing

I think you meant FIFA ballon dor which was nothing more than FIFA WPOTY with the Ballon D'or brand attached to it for credibility
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next