Kaladin
Firenze
Mr Nick09
45 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Ribery: Pep lacks experience - Page 3 Empty Re: Ribery: Pep lacks experience

Post by Lucifer Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:49 am

urbaNRoots wrote:"Pep made the semis" is sounding remarkably similar to Wenger's "He made the top 4".

How the mighty have fallen.

Ya because being CL semis is equivalent to finishing top 4 in BPL.

Last edited by Lucifer on Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:57 am; edited 2 times in total

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:50 am

BPL

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:51 am

So apparently you cannot type donkey &#* league, it automatically turns into BPL. Does this mean Admins think they are synonyms? If so that's very offending.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:11 am

Thats why we renamed it Mule League.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:13 am

Laughing
Whoever came with that deserves knighthood.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:12 pm

The good thing -frankly one of only very few good things- that comes with Pep not being at Bayern anymore is that I don't necessarily need to defend him against idiotic criticism anymore, all the time.

In that regard, Pep's tenure was really, really tiresome.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:42 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:The good thing -frankly one of only very few good things- that comes with Pep not being at Bayern anymore is that I don't necessarily need to defend him against idiotic criticism anymore, all the time.

You shouldn't think like that. You should always defend those who are being criticized unfairly even if they're playing for or managing your arch rival.

In that regard, I think you should continue to defend him; when he deserves to be defended of course.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:25 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:The good thing -frankly one of only very few good things- that comes with Pep not being at Bayern anymore is that I don't necessarily need to defend him against idiotic criticism anymore, all the time.

You say you're tired defending him but you rarely actually defend him, instead choosing to insult and/or patronize other users who have a different opinion on this discussion. I've noticed this is common in the Pep fandom in a way that you can't see in other fandoms (not even Messi/Ronaldo fans are so obnoxious).

In that regard, his fans are much like their master. Patronizing, obnoxious and insulting.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:32 pm

You mean I should've taken more effort and time on explaining in detail why criticism like the one you posted on the previous page (comparing Pep's CL semis to Wenger's 4th place trophy) is idiotic?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:35 pm

I have other posts in the thread, that one was a joke.

You're so far up Guardiola's ass that you can't even take a joke anymore.

Get a grip man.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:24 pm

Lucifer wrote:Laughing
Whoever came with that deserves knighthood.

Not needed, I'm humble.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:28 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
guest7 wrote:Pep Guardiola on Ribery criticism that he's a young, inexperienced and cold manager: "He's right I'm young but I'm learning a lot"

Can't wait for Futbol's response to this tbh Laughing

45 and he thinks he's young. Fake-praising not only his players but even himself. This guy. rofl

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:30 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:I have other posts in the thread, that one was a joke.

You're so far up Guardiola's ass that you can't even take a joke anymore.

Get a grip man.

Bavarian Harmonica.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:36 pm

i'm not a pep fan at all, but i don't like when players or coaches do this...its one thing to go at an ex-manager if the issues you had were public. but if you managed to keep it silent, away from the public when he was there, then let it remain that way. in the same vein i hate when coaches will back and praise club presidents, then when they get fired they start crying about how the president didn't let them change formation or choose who they wanted to play.
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:43 pm

A lot of Pep fans in GL seem more irritating than Pep himself, tbh. These really believe his style of coaching is multidimensional and revolutionary. Pep only needed 1 CL, not 3, 1, to prove his mettle. I'm sure the hype will end once Pep is found out in PL and he'll end up like Rijkaard or something.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:57 pm

He's going to end up like Rijkaard? rofl

It doesn't matter how you want too look at it he already established himself as one of the greatest managers in the game.

Perhaps Pep is irritating, so are his fans, but so are you lot Laughing It's like if Pep has done something personally to you for some of you to get your panties in a bundle when ever it comes to hm.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:20 pm

I'm still confused as to how one UCL win in how many years is classified as incredibly successful in Europe prior to Pep.

I've heard it a lot. I still don't get it. Can someone explain?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:25 pm

CBarca wrote:I'm still confused as to how one UCL win in how many years is classified as incredibly successful in Europe prior to Pep.

Beats me too. One would be forgiven for thinking Bayern were racking up CL after CL.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:41 pm

Lord Awesome wrote:A lot of Pep fans in GL seem more irritating than Pep himself, tbh.

Honestly the haters with their non-nonsensical arguments that make absolutely no sense are more annoying.

I can accept people not rating him, liking him or what ever.

But this constant crap of firstly he never changed his style, no success in CL but winning it once before him is extreme success and it's his fault that they are failures because they won it once they should be expected to win it every year. Laughing

Lastly acting like CL semi finals is a complete non-achievement and equivalent to finishing 4th in the PL Laughing Especially when the best managers around have all failed to do it with super teams but none of them get shit. He's judged on a different level to any manager in history for some strange reason.

The arguments are completely non-sensical and make absolutely no sense to anyone with a brain cell. The arguments would actually make sense if the " haters " were not completely over the top and ignorant with their criticisms.

the " fanboys " are in the same boat for the most part as well ( except of the odd fantastic posts from the likes of Cascia)tbh but just on the opposite end of the spectrum, the truth lies in between the two arguments which makes sides look like a bunch bumbling idiots for different reasons.

If the arguments made sense i'd have no problem with them, or if Pep was judged like the other World Class managers i'd have no problem with them but he's not for some baffling reason.

We are on a forum where every success he has is discredited to ridiculous levels and if you don't fall in line with the view point of it all you are a Pep fanboy and up his ass apparently.

I'm completely expecting him to get shit even if he wins the league and get to the CL semi finals with City because apparently if he doesn't win everything and anything every year he's a failure, in terms of that logic he's the Messi of football managers in that sense.

If he doesn't win everything he gets discredited and when he does win it's " he should win it anyway " no other manager in the history of football has been judged like this ever and it's completely and utterly moronic.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:55 pm

Great post GLS. BTW why do people even care to reply to such retard posts is beyond me. ''Pep will be found out in EPL'' rofl okay mate.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:00 pm

Just read Pep wants Casillas Laughing
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:05 pm

But why he either has to be the greatest manager who ever lived or the worst of all? Why are you guys hellbent on standing on the two furthest points of the spectrum instead of drifting a little closer towards the center to a fairer, more rational and moderate perspective?

Pep to me is like Ronaldo or Messi. He has become a victim of his own success. He set the bar too high for himself that people now expect greatness from him at every turn, and when he so much as dares to perform like the rest of the mortals, he gets chastised for it.

I agree with those who say that he still has unfinished business with Bayern. If I were a fan of the German giants, I would certainly feel grateful to him, albeit not entirely satisfied. However, and to be fair to the man, there's nobody, no living soul, out there who can guarantee you CL glory for the simple reason that it's predicated on a myriad of factors, mainly luck, over which a manager has no control.

I used to think that the CL is the ultimate test for managers, the deadliest battleground for titans. But now, my modest experience has made me aware of the fact that it's not necessarily true, and that sometimes the best team doesn't always win. I'm not going to criticize other teams for winning the CL undeservedly because I don't want to offend anyone, instead I'm going to criticize my own. You have no idea how happy I am Real Madrid won the CL this year. But I also know for a fact that the draw played a huge part in it, and that there were at least three teams better and more deserving than us to lift the prestigious trophy. Guardiola's Bayern was one of them.

I'm not saying he's the best manager who ever lived. He's not even close to being that. But we have to look at things objectively and not let his past ground-breaking success be a factor in us judging him now for not living up to it. The guy won two CLs in a span of three years, let that sink in for a second. It took Alex Ferguson 26 years to achieve that, and Mourinho 6 years. And it's not like he was an abject failure at Bayern, He reached the semi-final three years in a row by defeating great teams in the process. He failed to reach the final, twice because he screwed up tactically (against Madrid and Barça), while the third time he was just unlucky. And even then he managed to make Bayern play some of the best football I have seen Bayern play since Heyneckes' treble-winning team.

Don't get me wrong though, if he screws things up at City, my opinion of him will change. I believe in beautiful football, but I also believe in silverware. And if you don't win, you lose credibility as far as I'm concerned. But as things stand, he's one of the very few managers I'd like to see wear the white of Madrid.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:10 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:But why he either has to be the greatest manager who ever lived or the worst of all? Why are you guys hellbent on standing on the two furthest points of the spectrum instead of drifting a little closer towards the center to a fairer, more rational and moderate perspective?

Pep to me is like Ronaldo or Messi. He has become a victim of his own success. He set the bar too high for himself that people now expect greatness from him at every turn, and when he so much as dares to perform like the rest of the mortals, he gets chastised for it.

That's my exact point tbh, i wonder why as well. That's my whole issue with this debate, that there is no in between and he's unfairly judged because of his success.

I agree with your post on the whole btw.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:11 pm

I think he is one of the best coaches of all time. Not as a manager, but certainly for me one of the best coaches. I've never seen any other team than one coached by Guardiola to always attack, suffocating at times. Bayern's performance against Atletico in the 2nd leg was some of the most breathtaking stuff I've ever seen. It could've ended 6 or 7 or 8 in their favor but lady luck was not in their favor. If only Lewandowski had his scoring books we would have witnessed a whole other story.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:16 pm

Pep is a great manager. Mourinho even better. But the greatest of them all?  Well he's Italian of course...

Ribery: Pep lacks experience - Page 3 Image92

Married a woman from beautiful Vancouver, Canada, my hometown. Bought a $10 million home in the ritziest part of Vancouver. Spends his offseason here. Vancouver, Canada is his second home...

Carletto... Molenation
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:28 pm

alexjanosik wrote:
CBarca wrote:I'm still confused as to how one UCL win in how many years is classified as incredibly successful in Europe prior to Pep.

Beats me too. One would be forgiven for thinking Bayern were racking up CL after CL.

I can explain. Heynckes won the CL in his 3 years he was in Bayern, and Pep Guardiola didn't in as many years. Hence being successful, just one year before Pep's arrival.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next